Author Topic: Skate 3  (Read 266693 times)

The Bullet

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Skate 3
« Reply #570 on: May 28, 2010, 07:56:51 AM »
yeah advance free cam can be so frustrating.  I've been using it for over a year and still don't feel like I full have gotten the hang of it.

But I do love LOVE the fact that in in skate3 your guy doesn't go all transparent or "ghosty" when you get close to him.  Makes filming lines 10 times better.

Jupiter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #571 on: May 28, 2010, 01:56:49 PM »
holy shit back flips are damn near impossible and i have to do one to own the lot on the maloof course fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Sizzla

• Rep: 223
  • I luv I jah
« Reply #572 on: May 28, 2010, 02:21:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
After getting bored with regular mode, I played hardcore again, it's so much more gratifying to land stuff.  The automatic nosemanual is driving me crazy more than ever though... I guess I need a new controller.

hurricane on a rail against a wall:

http://skate.ea.com/gallery#searchType=AUTHOR&query=psen2001&slice=search&galleryType=ALL&subType=VIDEO&contentType=SKATE_REEL&filter=ALLTIME&itemId=343970

[close]

Actually you have to come out regular for that to be a hurricane. Nice try.
[close]

what the fuck did I do then, faggot?

Back one, fakie feeble. And actually I'm very much straight. You must be gay to get so butt-hurt about my comment. It was a joke.
I an I haff nah white god

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #573 on: May 28, 2010, 06:58:01 PM »
I just finished the game in all its entirety. I really need to get live.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
« Reply #574 on: May 28, 2010, 08:43:27 PM »
holy shit back flips are damn near impossible and i have to do one to own the lot on the maloof course fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

It's not harder, it's just different from the previous games. You gotta grab and have a solid grip, and then pull back on the sticks, or else nothing happens, over and over again. Took me so long to get the quarry 'own the lot' because of this deviation.
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

Livin The Psychedelic Lif

« Reply #575 on: May 28, 2010, 09:03:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It's not harder, it's just different from the previous games. You gotta grab and have a solid grip, and then pull back on the sticks, or else nothing happens, over and over again. Took me so long to get the quarry 'own the lot' because of this deviation.
lieeeeees! easily the worst challenge in the game.
I still remember the quarry challenge where you had to backflip and it prolly took me awhile.

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
« Reply #576 on: May 28, 2010, 09:44:13 PM »
No! The worst challenge in the game (at least so far) has been the one where you gotta grind one ledge, and then gap to a 2nd ledge like 6 feet away, and then there's another ledge after that setup you have to grind and drop down to the next. I don't know about any of the other modes, but it was physically impossible in HC mode. I had to cheat by running full speed on top of the ledge, throw down landing in 5050 and then ollie out to the next ledge.

Fuck that challenge.
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

Jupiter

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #577 on: May 28, 2010, 10:51:56 PM »
i got it now   ;D

it pretty much goes jump=>grab=>then direction of flip. i found it works better if you just tap the stick in the direction of the flip a couple of times

edit:

tap the stick lol

BriDen

« Reply #578 on: May 28, 2010, 11:46:40 PM »
early grabs work best for backflips IMO. They changed grabbing a little bit in this game; it takes a little longer for your hand to get to the board. That's why the backflips seem harder.

Foray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
  • Miglios
« Reply #579 on: May 29, 2010, 09:40:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
After getting bored with regular mode, I played hardcore again, it's so much more gratifying to land stuff.  The automatic nosemanual is driving me crazy more than ever though... I guess I need a new controller.

hurricane on a rail against a wall:

http://skate.ea.com/gallery#searchType=AUTHOR&query=psen2001&slice=search&galleryType=ALL&subType=VIDEO&contentType=SKATE_REEL&filter=ALLTIME&itemId=343970

[close]

Actually you have to come out regular for that to be a hurricane. Nice try.
[close]

what the fuck did I do then, faggot?
[close]

Back one

stopped reading, yagget

thugnificent

guy le douche

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 0

Albatross

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #583 on: May 29, 2010, 08:47:07 PM »
so is this actually worth picking up?

guy le douche

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 0

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #585 on: May 30, 2010, 07:38:48 PM »
yeah
i'm anxiously waiting the return of my xbox so i can spot search even more

The Bullet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #586 on: May 30, 2010, 08:24:12 PM »

yes

Albatross

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #587 on: May 31, 2010, 01:23:14 AM »
i bought it almost soley to download other peoples created parks which was a complete bust at first,

but i have found some serious gems. once i get my xbox working again ill start hooking you guys up with some names. until then, anyone have anything good? i really gotta beat the game so i can start recreating some vancouver parks when im bored

crest

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #588 on: May 31, 2010, 02:41:40 AM »
Finally managed to get custom graphics and parks downloadable. PS3 park recommendations (real life replicas especially) would be appreciated =)

BriDen

« Reply #589 on: May 31, 2010, 09:54:15 AM »
I'm working on a slap park right now. Not necessarily any real life spots, just stuff you would want to skate in the game. Anybody got any requests? (im on xbox)

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #590 on: May 31, 2010, 10:02:15 AM »
I'm working on a slap park right now. Not necessarily any real life spots, just stuff you would want to skate in the game. Anybody got any requests? (im on xbox)
wwbpd

Jupiter

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #591 on: May 31, 2010, 03:24:08 PM »
i wish they had an option 3 for shirts (like skate 1) or something because imo option 2 is just a size too small. i want my shirts to fit like kalis or benny

and i wish my pants could fit like kalis, tk, or pj ladd.

cat litter

• Rep: 7
« Reply #592 on: May 31, 2010, 04:48:52 PM »
my favorite place to skate out of all 3 was the community center in the first one

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #593 on: June 01, 2010, 02:26:35 PM »
The community centre was the best by far.

That said, the map in Skate 3 is the only thing I'm not really stoked on (short of the stupid fitting pants). It doesn't feel like a city at all anymore, and while there's sick spots everywhere there's just something missing about it without roads and stuff. Plus the Quarry and the Memorial Park are gigantic wastes of space.

Jupiter

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #594 on: June 01, 2010, 03:24:10 PM »
The community centre was the best by far.

That said, the map in Skate 3 is the only thing I'm not really stoked on (short of the stupid fitting pants). It doesn't feel like a city at all anymore, and while there's sick spots everywhere there's just something missing about it without roads and stuff. Plus the Quarry and the Memorial Park are gigantic wastes of space.

the community center was dope but i also loved the res. especially the park behind regs.

but i agree with it doesn't really feel like a realistic city like old san van tho it feels more like a city than new san van in skate 2. god that thing was a mess.

and spots in skate 3 are pretty oversized too, like the brooklyn banks stair set.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 03:26:29 PM by SteezusChrist »

BriDen

« Reply #595 on: June 01, 2010, 09:51:36 PM »

No waaaay!! I've been spending tons of time there; you just need to look at it differently. It's easy to get stuck in a rut but there's tons of stuff that just doesn't stand out at first. Also, get on top of the two buildings there to find some sick glass "Louvre"-style banks/wallrides.

tysj!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/tysj avatar image
« Reply #596 on: June 01, 2010, 11:50:40 PM »
i wish there was a "you are here" fucking dot on the map. i'm usually good with maps but god damn i can never find spots i was skating before in another session.
LUTZKA SUCKED HIS OWN DICK OFF
NOW HIS PUSSY IS 120 GRIT SOFT
I PEELED THAT NIGGAS SKIN OFF LIKE GRIPTAPE
ALIEN UNDERNEATH, EXPLODED JIZZ IN HIS BITCH'S FACE!

TheFreshSC

« Reply #597 on: June 01, 2010, 11:59:50 PM »
after playing this for a solid hour at a friend's house, i've decided it's not worth the $60. Skate 1 has better animations, spots, and clothing choices

bandini

What w
« Reply #598 on: June 02, 2010, 12:31:06 AM »
I just went back to skate 2 for a few minutes and was amazed how cartoony it seemed. #3 is so much better graphics-wise.

I liked the spots in Skate 1 but I can't go back to the lower frame rate and not being able to get off the board.

All in all, although there is some glitchiness with #3 that wasn't there with the other 2, I still think it's by far the best. It would be cool if the "San Van Classic" pack was available for #3 the way it was for #2 - then we could have all the cool spots from #1. Best of both worlds.

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #599 on: June 02, 2010, 07:45:58 AM »
My dude in Skate 3 (who I named after myself) looks like a straight cholo. I love that they let you wear your shirts like that (single button up top).

I suck at this game, 360 flips are hard to do, probably harder than in real life.