Author Topic: Skate 3  (Read 266601 times)

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Skate 3
« Reply #720 on: June 22, 2010, 09:20:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i tried making another video.  fun stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SnEDg0fWnA
[close]

how do you get to the gap at 1:57? Looks like so much fun
[close]

i don't even know how i got there, but it's at the university somewhere...i guess that's not much help. 

its on your way down from the observatory

Pavementi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
  • Fuck it
« Reply #721 on: June 22, 2010, 11:10:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i tried making another video.  fun stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SnEDg0fWnA
[close]

how do you get to the gap at 1:57? Looks like so much fun
[close]

i don't even know how i got there, but it's at the university somewhere...i guess that's not much help. 
It's at the end of the University ditch, it's the entrance to PCU.

BTW Bullet, what's the song?
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

BriDen

« Reply #722 on: June 23, 2010, 06:08:49 AM »
and i never got into building parks yet, but there have been huge improvements there too, mainly you can merge anything into anything.

What exactly is "merging" and how can i do it? I've been praying for what I would consider "merging" but nothing has changed for me yet.

edit: nevermind, I found out and it's exactly what I hoped it would be. For those who are also in the dark, you need to turn off Collisions in the options tab of the park editor properties menu.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 06:25:14 AM by Briden »

ctsskate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #723 on: June 23, 2010, 02:17:11 PM »
how seriously do you guys take skating switch in the game? there's times where i'll be just skating doing tricks, get turned around, and then realize i've been skating switch while filming, doing tricks that wouldn't be as realistic as if they were filmed regular. should these be redone/would you redo them? just wondering what the consensus is before i get too into this...

bandini

« Reply #724 on: June 23, 2010, 02:31:40 PM »
Well, they still haven't fixed the stupid HUD glitch, and now "cameraman mode" is turned on by default every time I start up.

Swell patch, guys...

The Bullet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #725 on: June 23, 2010, 02:47:09 PM »

song is "The Bed" by Lee Hazelwood

here's another short one I just made today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud6wZBuQbN4

BriDen

« Reply #726 on: June 23, 2010, 03:26:03 PM »
how seriously do you guys take skating switch in the game? there's times where i'll be just skating doing tricks, get turned around, and then realize i've been skating switch while filming, doing tricks that wouldn't be as realistic as if they were filmed regular. should these be redone/would you redo them? just wondering what the consensus is before i get too into this...

All footage is welcome; I really do not take these ea skate videos seriously. I'd really like it if everyone was on hardcore mode now that they fixed it, but that's really just so I have consistency with the watermarks. As long as you're not on easy.

edit: also, the new merging feature, although really helpful, could still use a lot of work.

tysj!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/tysj avatar image
« Reply #727 on: June 23, 2010, 06:19:36 PM »
is the ps3 version fixed yet? or are handrails still broken as fuck?
LUTZKA SUCKED HIS OWN DICK OFF
NOW HIS PUSSY IS 120 GRIT SOFT
I PEELED THAT NIGGAS SKIN OFF LIKE GRIPTAPE
ALIEN UNDERNEATH, EXPLODED JIZZ IN HIS BITCH'S FACE!

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
« Reply #728 on: June 24, 2010, 04:17:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

All footage is welcome; I really do not take these ea skate videos seriously. I'd really like it if everyone was on hardcore mode now that they fixed it, but that's really just so I have consistency with the watermarks. As long as you're not on easy.

edit: also, the new merging feature, although really helpful, could still use a lot of work.

i know this sounds gay, but skating switch off the nose is almost 2nd nature

since understanding how skate switch off the nose i don't think I've done a trick goofy footed. not that this is the standard I hold to others, just sharing this embarrassing fact about myself
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

BriDen

« Reply #729 on: June 24, 2010, 04:54:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

since understanding how skate switch off the nose i don't think I've done a trick goofy footed. not that this is the standard I hold to others, just sharing this embarrassing fact about myself

Nah man I'm the same way. It looks better and feels more natural but some people don't or just can't do it. If I held everybody else to my standards, then nobody would want to be a part of this video.

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #730 on: June 24, 2010, 09:10:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Nah man I'm the same way. It looks better and feels more natural but some people don't or just can't do it. If I held everybody else to my standards, then nobody would want to be a part of this video.

I do the same, no goofy tricks, it's either regular,  true switch, or fakie. That being said I rarely do true nollie tricks b/c it annoys me to set up.

I'm saving up clips so once this HD filmer pack finally gets released I'll send clips over briden. The fixed hardcore mode is pretty good, at first I thought it was too easy, but in retrospect HC mode was pretty frusterating, and now you can actually skate bank to ledges which was pretty much impossible before.

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
  • Fuck it
« Reply #731 on: June 24, 2010, 11:18:54 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

song is "The Bed" by Lee Hazelwood

here's another short one I just made today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud6wZBuQbN4

Where is that fence to mini in the beginning of your new clip?
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #732 on: June 24, 2010, 11:28:12 AM »
what did they change about hardcore mode? easier to get into grinds?
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #733 on: June 24, 2010, 11:45:47 AM »
what did they change about hardcore mode? easier to get into grinds?
yeah i think they fixed that magnetic field that would keep you inches away from the backtail in the middle of your line

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #734 on: June 24, 2010, 01:44:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

yea i totally take skating switch in the game seriously for myself, i dont even push mongo in the game cause i dont in treal life not even skating switch. i think its pretty rad that you have the option to skate switch and make it look switch so i use the fuck out of it. me and my one homie that play always give each other shit for not skating that way. or maybe just i do. anyway my ea name is tannerdanner if anybody wants to skate online add me with a message so i know your not some random 8 year old from england. oh yeah and does anyone know how to just find random rooms online with people in them? or add friends into rooms?
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #735 on: June 24, 2010, 01:46:36 PM »
and does anyone know how i can put a picture not a link for my signature? i'm a totally newbie i know. do i have to put shit in my photobucket or some crap. thanks
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

BriDen

« Reply #736 on: June 24, 2010, 02:57:19 PM »
and does anyone know how i can put a picture not a link for my signature? i'm a totally newbie i know. do i have to put shit in my photobucket or some crap. thanks

You just gotta put the image code around it

[img ](your link here)[/img ]

without the spaces between the brackets

also, do you have a mic? Get one if you don't, cuz no one will add you.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #737 on: June 25, 2010, 03:12:33 AM »
thanks for the code thing and yes i have a mic.

ROFLCOCKTOR

• Rep: 9
  • soisoisoisoisoi
« Reply #738 on: June 25, 2010, 09:06:00 AM »
Expand Quote
So, if i buy this for ps3 i cant download parks made on xbox and if i download this for xbox i cant download parks made on ps3? Because thats the impression the skate 3 site is giving me....

edit; nvm "3. Specify whether your park is made and playable on Xbox 360 or PS3 in the title. Parks cannot cross platforms, so what you made on the 360 is not playable by PS3 users and vise-versa."

thats some bullshit.
[close]

360 will have more users = better parks

360 is just better in general, pee ess three can suck on my dilllzzzz

Do i need xbox live gold to download parks? Because i don't have it nor do i want to get it for just one game. Xbox for is for exclusives and single player games, ps3 is for exclusives/ multi-platform games with online components (in my house anyway).

thugnificent

« Reply #739 on: June 25, 2010, 09:22:48 AM »
yes you need online to download online parks

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
« Reply #740 on: June 25, 2010, 10:14:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

yea i totally take skating switch in the game seriously for myself, i dont even push mongo in the game cause i dont in treal life not even skating switch. i think its pretty rad that you have the option to skate switch and make it look switch so i use the fuck out of it. me and my one homie that play always give each other shit for not skating that way. or maybe just i do. anyway my ea name is tannerdanner if anybody wants to skate online add me with a message so i know your not some random 8 year old from england. oh yeah and does anyone know how to just find random rooms online with people in them? or add friends into rooms?

I know I've said this before, but i wish they'd give you the option to make your stance permanent. It'd be fucking nice to push switch and still be able to do tricks off the nose. Maybe I need to spam the fuck out of their forums if I ever hope to see this idea come to fruition. I hate having to 180 or 180 hippy jump moments before doing switch tricks because of this regular limitation. It also makes legit switch/fakie tricks with short runway IMPOSSIBLE which is frustrating. Being able to throw-down switch would also be a nice addition, since I'm on the subject of every-day things you do when you're really skateboarding that this franchise has neglected to include.

Also thoroughly obscure semi-freestyle maneuvers such as shuvit-underflips should not have been added before impossibles, I don't care if they feel the "need" to appeal to the kook demographic, that should've never happened.
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

tysj!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #741 on: June 25, 2010, 10:39:29 AM »
yeah they should at least have an option to turn off underflips or whatever they are. i don't know how many times i've been fucked over by a random underflip

ROFLCOCKTOR

• Rep: 9
  • soisoisoisoisoi
« Reply #742 on: June 25, 2010, 11:00:47 AM »
yes you need online to download online parks

See that makes no sense, because simply plugging in a Ethernet cable gives your xbox 'online' status, as any xbox has xbox silver, so you can use the marketplace and etc. What I'm asking is do you need Xbox Live Gold to download the parks or is it available for both Silver and Gold.

bandini

« Reply #743 on: June 25, 2010, 11:44:16 AM »
yeah they should at least have an option to turn off underflips or whatever they are. i don't know how many times i've been fucked over by a random underflip

Amen. The single biggest annoyance about this version is how half the time when I try to do a tailslide or bluntslide, I do a rearfoot kickflip or underflip or something instead.

That's one thing the Tony Hawk games had on Skate: you could choose what movements triggered what tricks.

Hypnotoad

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #744 on: June 25, 2010, 01:33:39 PM »
Expand Quote
I wanna make love park, I'm actually really surprised it was never included in the actual levels.
[close]
tried.
it did not work out

went spot seeking
http://skate.ea.com/user/gallery?personaId=170996527&platform=xbox#itemId=239557

found a sick roof gap near the brooklyn banks
http://skate.ea.com/user/gallery?personaId=170996527&platform=xbox#itemId=240737

manual stuff
http://skate.ea.com/user/gallery?personaId=170996527&platform=xbox#itemId=242002

how the crap do you get on top of those shipping containers?

tysj!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #745 on: June 25, 2010, 02:18:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I wanna make love park, I'm actually really surprised it was never included in the actual levels.
[close]
tried.
it did not work out

went spot seeking
http://skate.ea.com/user/gallery?personaId=170996527&platform=xbox#itemId=239557

found a sick roof gap near the brooklyn banks
http://skate.ea.com/user/gallery?personaId=170996527&platform=xbox#itemId=240737

manual stuff
http://skate.ea.com/user/gallery?personaId=170996527&platform=xbox#itemId=242002

[close]

how the crap do you get on top of those shipping containers?

lots of jumping and climbing (as show n in first link)

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #746 on: June 25, 2010, 03:29:14 PM »
short vid in created park/street:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bEYU2OayQk

tysj!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #747 on: June 25, 2010, 03:58:20 PM »
jesus that was amazing. thank you for being on of the few to actually film properly. it hurts me to see videos where 90% of the view is the fucking skater's sweet kit rather than the spot/trick.

thugnificent

« Reply #748 on: June 25, 2010, 10:52:21 PM »

Gorilla Flip

• Rep: -4
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #749 on: June 26, 2010, 07:34:30 PM »
Has anyone else noticed that if you tilt your left stick left-right-left-right the turning animation turns into a Gonz-like cruising?
I was just cruising down hills in the game and kinda turning back and forth and I noticed it, such a cool thing to have in the game, even if it's minor.