Author Topic: Skate 3  (Read 266851 times)

thugnificent

Re: Skate 3
« Reply #1050 on: October 04, 2010, 04:36:35 PM »
it was sam adams featuring currency- fly jets over boston

thugnificent

« Reply #1051 on: October 05, 2010, 06:22:34 AM »
its in the new dlc

bandini

« Reply #1052 on: October 05, 2010, 11:07:25 AM »
Damn, I might have to get that new DLC - looks pretty cool.

Meanwhile, I can't seem to stop making these - here's #4:
EA Skate 3 geekdom - 4th vid

EastCoastLove

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
« Reply #1054 on: October 06, 2010, 06:59:29 PM »
someone made this amazing love park replica , definitely worth the download

http://skate.ea.com/gallery?contentType=PARK&platform=xbox#searchType=AUTHOR&query=TaxableApples&slice=search&galleryType=ALL&subType=VIDEO&contentType=PARK&filter=ALLTIME&itemId=1212173

that guy seems to have mad a lot of dope parks.
School 2 from THPS2, Zen plaza.
Not sure how they all are but they look good enough to bookmark at least.

The Bullet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #1055 on: October 07, 2010, 07:48:35 AM »
DUDES!

My fake skate team just put out our team full.   Stop being losers and go check it out.    It's pretty well put together, and I'm not tooting my own horn cause I didn't edit it.

But in all seriousness, I guarantee watching this won't be a waste of your time.

MEGAMYTH

my part starts at 27:30, but please watch the whole thing, cause everyone has good parts.  Again, I guarantee it.

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 133
« Reply #1056 on: October 07, 2010, 11:32:58 PM »
The new DLC is good fun. The new park is sick and there's a ton of spots to be found outside the gates. I haven't even been to Regs yet.

But what makes this game so great is that it's all about doing what you want to do, finding your own lines. I found a nice looking ledge, so I threw down some plywood for a roll-in and banged out every trick I could come up with for over an hour.

http://skate.ea.com/user/gallery?personaId=253118573&platform=ps3#itemId=816242

It just doesn't get old.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Hypnotoad

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #1057 on: October 07, 2010, 11:41:12 PM »
Fuckin rad bullet.

I really don't think any other video game in the history of time has been such a medium for self expression.  Yes I know that sounds dumb but it's true.

burm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1058 on: October 08, 2010, 12:19:24 AM »
Fuckin rad bullet.

I really don't think any other video game in the history of time has been such a medium for self expression.?  Yes I know that sounds dumb but it's true.

Except maybe Parappa the Rapper

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

BriDen

« Reply #1059 on: October 08, 2010, 09:50:07 AM »
DUDES!

My fake skate team just put out our team full.   Stop being losers and go check it out.    It's pretty well put together, and I'm not tooting my own horn cause I didn't edit it.

But in all seriousness, I guarantee watching this won't be a waste of your time.

MEGAMYTH

my part starts at 27:30, but please watch the whole thing, cause everyone has good parts.  Again, I guarantee it.

Do all the people in this video skate in real life? I know I take this game more seriously than others, but some of the stuff in there was cringe-worthy. Not to say there wasn't any good stuff, just had to skip some parts.

And please tell me that chinabanks spot is for 360.

The Bullet

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1060 on: October 08, 2010, 11:27:45 AM »
Expand Quote
DUDES!

MEGAMYTH

[close]

Do all the people in this video skate in real life? I know I take this game more seriously than others, but some of the stuff in there was cringe-worthy. Not to say there wasn't any good stuff, just had to skip some parts.

And please tell me that chinabanks spot is for 360.

YEah we all skate in real life.  Well, most of us are in our late 20's early 30's,  so some of then don't anymore, but everyone did at one point

thugnificent

« Reply #1061 on: October 08, 2010, 11:51:43 AM »
i always find with 95% of peoples videos they always feel the need to add a flip trick in, or out, when the trick would actually be way sicker if they didn't.there were a bunch of tricks i was like sick then they ruin it by cramming other tricks in it. less is definitely more in this game

burm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1062 on: October 08, 2010, 12:45:19 PM »
i always find with 95% of peoples videos they always feel the need to add a flip trick in, or out, when the trick would actually be way sicker if they didn't.there were a bunch of tricks i was like sick then they ruin it by cramming other tricks in it. less is definitely more in this game
Exactly. I'm not competitive enough to want to reach some internet fame status in gaming, it's all about skateboarding and fun to me. To me a good backside tailslide is always better than a 360 hardflip to tailslide to bigspin heel, that just looks like somebody is randomly flicking the controller.

But it's a game, and everybody is free to play it as they will.

BriDen

« Reply #1063 on: October 08, 2010, 01:25:52 PM »

Yeah that's what I was talking about for the most part, like biggerspins out of tailslides down rails. Or just some unrealistic or wierd stuff like tre flip willy grinds and underflips (edit: oh yeah, and seatbelt airs). That's just some stuff I remember off the top of my head.

Bullet, your stuff was all on point though (nosebonk tucknee!), as were most of the other guys. Thug put it best, though; less = more.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 01:47:59 PM by Briden »

bandini

« Reply #1064 on: October 08, 2010, 02:14:07 PM »
So is there something in the filmer pack that creates that wierd, exaggerated hyper-cartoony look that so many of the videos have? Some sort of "loony-toon" angle you can get or something?

tysj!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/tysj avatar image
« Reply #1065 on: October 08, 2010, 02:53:20 PM »
You can do it by setting a point zoomed in, another point after that's zoomed out, then the last being the freaky zoomed in one. Delete the rest and keep the loony one. I couldn't watch through that video other than the Bullet's part because the filming in these things always pisses me off that you can really see is the sweet board gfx and the shoes. I don't think the majority of the people that make those videos have ever seen a skate video.
LUTZKA SUCKED HIS OWN DICK OFF
NOW HIS PUSSY IS 120 GRIT SOFT
I PEELED THAT NIGGAS SKIN OFF LIKE GRIPTAPE
ALIEN UNDERNEATH, EXPLODED JIZZ IN HIS BITCH'S FACE!

Foray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
  • Miglios
« Reply #1066 on: October 08, 2010, 03:43:06 PM »
been having lots of fun with briden and folks in the park of the new dlc.  Nobody is on during the day though.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #1067 on: October 09, 2010, 12:57:49 AM »
Bullet that was rad, the fisheye was killing me though, and all you guys used it, it worked for sort of the realism aspect but I would have loved to see the odd tripod shot in there

with that said, heres my shitty ass clip

http://skate.ea.com/gallery?platform=ps3&contentType=SKATE_REEL&subType=VIDEO#searchType=AUTHOR&query=killin_u_kubrick&slice=search&galleryType=ALL&subType=VIDEO&contentType=SKATE_REEL&filter=ALLTIME&itemId=816553

matt.

• Rep: -6
« Reply #1068 on: October 09, 2010, 01:03:00 AM »

The Bullet

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1069 on: October 09, 2010, 11:44:04 AM »
The way I see it is that there are 3 styles people do when they play this game:

1.  The realisitc.  Like you said, simple back tails, fliptricks down smaller sets, stuff like that.

2.  The arcade.  360 hardflip to backside noseblunt, underflip out.  Backflip fingerflips down 40 stairs.

3.  The in-between.   Stuff that for the most part is physically possible, but still pushing the boundries of realistic.  Like, nollie heelflip hurricane down a 10 stair rail, is physically possible, but maybe chris cole on steroids is the only one who could ever pull it off.

I kind of try to find the line between style #1 and style #3.   But most of the other guys in that video I guess go more for style #3, to maybe even somewhere between #3 and #2.   Either way, I appreciate the ultra realistic videos I see, it's hard to pull off well and make it look good.
But someone once said to me "I didn't buy grand theft auto to stop at red lights".   

Glad you guys watched it though, and dug my part. 

Hypnotoad

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1070 on: October 09, 2010, 12:23:20 PM »

BriDen

« Reply #1071 on: October 09, 2010, 12:50:54 PM »

1.  The realisitc.  Like you said, simple back tails, fliptricks down smaller sets, stuff like that.

2.  The arcade.  360 hardflip to backside noseblunt, underflip out.  Backflip fingerflips down 40 stairs.

3.  The in-between.   Stuff that for the most part is physically possible, but still pushing the boundries of realistic.  Like, nollie heelflip hurricane down a 10 stair rail, is physically possible, but maybe chris cole on steroids is the only one who could ever pull it off.

I kind of try to find the line between style #1 and style #3.   But most of the other guys in that video I guess go more for style #3, to maybe even somewhere between #3 and #2.   Either way, I appreciate the ultra realistic videos I see, it's hard to pull off well and make it look good.
But someone once said to me "I didn't buy grand theft auto to stop at red lights".   

Glad you guys watched it though, and dug my part. 

You don't have to justify yourself or your part, man. I don't think anybody here dislikes the way you (ea) skate, least of all me.

The stuff I like seeing the most is realistic stuff that might even be super easy in real life, but is really hard to do in the game, ie trying to make a wallie look realistic. In real life, I learned wallies in about an hour, but I've only done a handful of realistic wallies since skate1. It's like, people dont rotate 90 degrees and ride straight on the wall in real life, so making something so easy/realistic in real life look good in the game is really impressive to me.

What kind of files do you guys convert these to for editing and what program do you use for the conversion?
I wanna make a vidya part

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4750090/FLV_to_AVI_MPEG_WMV_3GP_MP4_iPod_Converter_4.3#filelistContainer

Beer Wizard

« Reply #1072 on: October 09, 2010, 01:21:02 PM »
Tried to sort of recreate Jason Dill's photosynthesis line:
(no xbox live gold)

EastCoastLove

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
« Reply #1073 on: October 09, 2010, 10:29:44 PM »
me and briden hiked a mountain the other day

heres a few snapshots from the summit

it was a very awesome time.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 07:33:25 AM by EastCoastLove »

Flume

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
« Reply #1074 on: October 10, 2010, 03:48:15 PM »
jealous ^

+

EDIT: forgot to say this isn't me! sorry, I just thought it should be seen.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 05:47:45 PM by Flume »

Hypnotoad

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1075 on: October 10, 2010, 03:58:59 PM »
Nicely fucking done

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
« Reply #1076 on: October 10, 2010, 04:20:45 PM »
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #1077 on: October 10, 2010, 05:35:04 PM »
wow that was perfect flume

the spots, clothing, camera angles, even the pushes were all perfect, must have taken a while nice job

Where the hell can I download all those spots? hollywood 17 carlsbad etc

matt.

• Rep: -6
« Reply #1078 on: October 11, 2010, 04:09:27 AM »
Does anyone else's hair change colour at the zen plaza?

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #1079 on: October 11, 2010, 05:17:06 AM »

1.?  The realisitc.?  Like you said, simple back tails, fliptricks down smaller sets, stuff like that.

2.?  The arcade.?  360 hardflip to backside noseblunt, underflip out.?  Backflip fingerflips down 40 stairs.

3.?  The in-between.?  ? Stuff that for the most part is physically possible, but still pushing the boundries of realistic.?  Like, nollie heelflip hurricane down a 10 stair rail, is physically possible, but maybe chris cole on steroids is the only one who could ever pull it off.

I kind of try to find the line between style #1 and style #3.?  ? But most of the other guys in that video I guess go more for style #3, to maybe even somewhere between #3 and #2.?  ? Either way, I appreciate the ultra realistic videos I see, it's hard to pull off well and make it look good.
But someone once said to me "I didn't buy grand theft auto to stop at red lights".?  ? 

Glad you guys watched it though, and dug my part.? 

I think im the same, somewhere between 1 and 3, doing stuff like nollie flip back tail big flip out on ledges, more crazy stuff on manuals (coz people are doing crazy shit in and out of manuals nowadays IRL) like nollie shuv manny ghetto bird out (hardflip 180 the opposite way) and when im skating stairs and gaps i dont lke to clear the landing by more than a metre or two.

Sounds kinda silly but flat legdes are one of my favourite things in the game, have spent hours doing different variations of grinds/slides, ive probably done every (realistic) flip/rotation out of tail possable