Author Topic: Skate 3  (Read 266714 times)

tag_king

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 275
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Skate 3
« Reply #1170 on: November 30, 2010, 10:24:33 AM »
Ok, so I am having a problem with my game. My room mate started a career, and now every time I put the game on it automatically goes to his career and I am going crazy trying to figure out how to exit his career and start my own! Is this a problem for anyone else? I know it sounds like it should be simple but I can't do it.

BriDen

« Reply #1171 on: November 30, 2010, 11:35:54 AM »
You would need to make a new gamertag to have you own career mode. It's not like the first one where you can have multiple skaters, if that makes any sense.

tag_king

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1172 on: November 30, 2010, 11:04:19 PM »
Fuck, I can't use my the_tag_king? That just isn't fair.

tag_king

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1173 on: November 30, 2010, 11:05:01 PM »
Thanks though!

fixedgearbike

• Rep: -16

gerg2234

• Rep: 3

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #1176 on: December 09, 2010, 04:05:07 PM »
here's something i threw together with a bunch of clips I was sitting on, don't let the music phase you....embrace the mike jones

SKAT3 Footage

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #1177 on: December 09, 2010, 09:51:33 PM »
i havent put up anything new in a while, watching videos gets my hyped but it gets to a point of trying things over and over you get so bored. of all my videos on my account the ones im hyped on, or that take a while to land never look that hard in the videos. and any simple arcadey trick people rate and what not. this took forever and still wasnt that solid http://skate.ea.com/user/gallery?personaId=#itemId=1146244
and this took forever and looks good but doesnt seem that hard. http://skate.ea.com/user/gallery?personaId=#itemId=977059

BriDen

« Reply #1178 on: December 10, 2010, 12:19:38 AM »
Sick part jay, song was tight!

Computer keeps crashing when I try to render it as one file, so I had to upload it in parts. Anyways, slappals 3 vid.

SP3.1 Intro

SP3.2 Briden

SP3.3 TYSJ

SP3.4 Montage

SP3.5 Eric Logan

SP3.6 Choad

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #1179 on: December 10, 2010, 02:07:34 AM »
hey briden are those going on YouTube anytime soon? for some reason my iPod won't play those vimeo vids. I hella wanna see it. same thing for you jay prask is your new video on YouTube?
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

BriDen

« Reply #1180 on: December 10, 2010, 06:59:59 AM »
Sure thing man, I'll put them on youtube today. Fingers crossed for no copyright bullshit tho.

edit: here they are

Intro
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Briden

TYSJ

Montage

Eric Logan

Choad Muskrat
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 10:28:06 AM by Briden »

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1181 on: December 10, 2010, 11:17:02 AM »
Hell yea Brian! good work

Intro video was amazing hahaha, so that's why you wanted us gesturing on that truck

parts were all top notch, stoked to see your own park footy, I love that place

same thing for you jay prask is your new video on YouTube?

I put it on youtube, but stupid restrictions disabled the audio. I'll try getting around it.

EDIT: its working now

« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 11:41:03 AM by Choad Muskrat »

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #1182 on: December 10, 2010, 04:20:58 PM »
fuck my life right now, some still aren't working saying "cannot load". fuck my iPod. but I did see the intro which was hilarious and logan and choads parts which were rad. hopefully they will work for me later. Im sure briden and tysj kill shit as well as jay.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

bandini

« Reply #1183 on: December 10, 2010, 05:15:45 PM »
Awesome, Briden - super fun.:)

Oni0nbelt

« Reply #1184 on: December 11, 2010, 12:41:59 PM »
That video was great. Everyone had good parts, Briden especially. And the intro was amazing.

This is my latest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nkotF2igxg

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #1185 on: December 11, 2010, 03:23:38 PM »
Apparently EA Canada is making a new SSX game with all the right stick trickery in it. Might not be seeing another Skate game for a long while.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #1186 on: December 11, 2010, 06:19:21 PM »
Apparently EA Canada is making a new SSX game with all the right stick trickery in it. Might not be seeing another Skate game for a long while.
Probably for the better. I thought the skate games were going downhill for a while

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #1187 on: December 11, 2010, 07:32:52 PM »
for a while? theres only 3 of them. and having nothing is better?
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #1188 on: December 11, 2010, 09:10:53 PM »
that vid was sick onion. I'm hoping they will eventually make another skate for the kinect. I heard they are making a GTA game for kinect. does anyone else remember the video of some kid scanning a board into the system when it was still called natal. or at least have an update to make skate 3 compatible with kinect.

Oni0nbelt

« Reply #1189 on: December 12, 2010, 08:30:10 AM »
Yep, looks like a new SSX instead of Skate 4 VGA 10: Exclusive Debut Trailer - SSX: Deadly Descents
Why does it look like Call of Duty Snowboarding? SSX used to be goofy. Weird

I'm kinda glad they're taking a break from the Skate series. They've been going slowly downhill. When they come back I hope they completely remake the physics and take a hard look at real cities and skate spots.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #1190 on: December 12, 2010, 10:27:30 AM »
that was sick Briden, wish I had visited this thread more I would have sent some stuff in

I hope the SSX game is realistic like the Skate series, there hasnt been a good snowboarding game since Amped 2 for the XBOX, I was going to buy and xbox just for that game its so sick

BriDen

« Reply #1191 on: December 12, 2010, 10:55:13 AM »
that was sick Briden, wish I had visited this thread more I would have sent some stuff in

I hope the SSX game is realistic like the Skate series, there hasnt been a good snowboarding game since Amped 2 for the XBOX, I was going to buy and xbox just for that game its so sick

Hell yeah amped 2! I've played that online with Jay/Choad Muskrat before. Good times.

and thanks man. Feel free to send footage anytime, I have no reason to stop making these as long as other people are still down.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #1192 on: December 12, 2010, 02:31:15 PM »
a dude at work offered to sell me his xbox, 6 games or so and his controllers, its one of the 60GB white ones the older one, Im a little hesitant because I'd have to go back and buy games, but it would be nice to have a PS3 and XBOX, I honestly dont give a shit about the whole debate, I used to but ultimately both have their pros and cons, PS3 has the blu ray player, sexbox has a bigger community and better online servers that I wouldnt mind paying 60$ a year for.

Plus at work I get most used games for around 10 bucks, so I could get all the HALO's, Gears of War Franchise for around 50$

If I do get one Ill be buying Skate 3 again to play with you guys and busey, as well as Amped 2 I loved that game

DevilOnEnzyte

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -236
« Reply #1193 on: December 12, 2010, 07:04:43 PM »
Soooo good, Briden.
I get to see Devil semi regularly and his little dude is rad as hell. My wife and I aren't into having little ones, but that'll give me more time to be a god uncle and teach Devil's spawn to slang weed.

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1194 on: December 13, 2010, 07:01:07 AM »
Amped 2 I loved that game

fuck yea! I played amped2 on the OG xbox, then sold it, then found out it was backwards compatible for 360 and bought it again.

best snowboarding game pretty much ever made since coolboarders2. the skate franchise would greatly benefit from taking notes from amped2. the entire scoring system is based on style instead of point combos, so if you do a trick slowly and steezy it actually rewards you for it. you can get more points doing a really sick looking 360 grab versus hucking a 1080 or a double back flip.

it was pretty sad when I tried the amped3 demo and it was absolute garbage. I still play amped2, probably will more now that its winter.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #1195 on: December 13, 2010, 07:04:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Amped 2 I loved that game
[close]

fuck yea! I played amped2 on the OG xbox, then sold it, then found out it was backwards compatible for 360 and bought it again.

best snowboarding game pretty much ever made since coolboarders2. the skate franchise would greatly benefit from taking notes from amped2. the entire scoring system is based on style instead of point combos, so if you do a trick slowly and steezy it actually rewards you for it. you can get more points doing a really sick looking 360 grab versus hucking a 1080 or a double back flip.

it was pretty sad when I tried the amped3 demo and it was absolute garbage. I still play amped2, probably will more now that its winter.

OOOH MY GOD coolboarders2!!!  :o

so much just came flooding back

ROFLCOCKTOR

• Rep: 9
  • soisoisoisoisoi
« Reply #1196 on: December 13, 2010, 04:49:03 PM »
how do i do 3 shuvs out of back tails? the only way i can do them is with a really really short slide, but Ive seen people do them out of long slides. help me slap forums, youre my only hope.

also peep my clips here and tell me if im garbage with the free cam,
http://www.youtube.com/user/powpowpewpew

i think its ok but ive seen shit that manolo does and some of you guys and i dont get it. like making the clips look like they are filmed with a real death lens/fisheye?

bandini

« Reply #1197 on: December 13, 2010, 05:17:00 PM »
Go back a few pages - I was asking about that ultra fisheye effect & they explained how.

I think it looks goofy as hell, but I still wanted to know how they were doing it.

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 126
« Reply #1198 on: December 14, 2010, 05:43:46 AM »
that vid was sick onion. I'm hoping they will eventually make another skate for the kinect. I heard they are making a GTA game for kinect. does anyone else remember the video of some kid scanning a board into the system when it was still called natal. or at least have an update to make skate 3 compatible with kinect.
I don't know that much about the actual qualities of the Kinect system, but I think I've got the basic idea. Ever since seeing that natal video where the kid scans his skateboard into the game I've been thinking "How in hell could you play a skateboarding game with a system like that".

I mean, sure you can jump up and down, and spin all-around, but how would you do a kickflip, by flicking with your feet like a regular board? And it would be able to register a movement like that correctly?

I would you really want to be jumping around in your living room like that? I don't know about you, but this is how I want to do my skating when I'm not out skating .

Of course in 5 years time everyone has completely abandoned all computer and console peripherals, and you'll be able to say "I told you so". I mean, I used to think playing FPS's without a keyboard and mouse would be totally clumsy, and then came Halo and CoD and all these games and no-one remembers fucking QuakeWorld or even Counter-Strike.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Soul Doubt

• Rep: -10
  • DAYUUUM
« Reply #1199 on: December 14, 2010, 07:07:14 AM »
I was building a skatepark thing yesterday and my game froze. Im to afraid to see how far back i went. I might upload the park and see what you guys think i should add. I haven't really added much from the basic design and im kinda stuck.