Author Topic: Skate 3  (Read 266655 times)

skaterdavid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 192
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Skate 3
« Reply #1680 on: August 12, 2011, 07:48:40 PM »
sick edit briden

yeah tight video briden. good stuff from everybody

SweetLou

• Rep: -2
« Reply #1681 on: August 12, 2011, 08:55:49 PM »
Expand Quote
sick edit briden

[close]

yeah tight video briden. good stuff from everybody

i was super hyped off onions part.. nice way to open it up.. just bummed that he wore the same gear the whole time.. haha

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #1682 on: August 13, 2011, 09:34:50 AM »
great video, music was so good too , especially that Jeru track (except for american women, i hate that song haha)

onions part blew my mind, so much sick shit in there and new ways of looking at spots

thugnificent's part was real good too, lot's of sick spots. shirtless gold chain line like a boss

iced nine getting mega in the streets

brian your part was crazed, roof gap kickflip! the 360 flip hippy jump! the gainer on the mega pipe! and your ender jebus haha. awesome

everyone had great stuff

BriDen

« Reply #1683 on: August 15, 2011, 06:40:06 PM »
Thanks for the kind words y'all. Sorry about the american woman track choad, I personally don't even like the song, but I heard it on the radio one day while I still needed a song for his part, and it just clicked. Can't win em all, but at least I didn't use the Lenny Kravitz version.

I also thought Onion's part was amazing, possibly my favorite. He does have a good eye for spots. The tree wallie bigspin was nuts. The sw back 180 around 4:55 was my favorite trick in the video, style-wise.

Fuck it I'll do a full review, god knows I spent enough time watching all the footage.

Eric's ungrindables are always amazing, the mellow rail attack at the end was crazy, and the nollie back heel through that... thing... was insane. Choad's back 180 nosegrind, 180 fakie nosegrind, 180 out was soooo smooth. Feeble grind up and across was so cool, never seen that spot skated that way. I also forgot about that ender clip until I got it in my inbox.

Thugnificent's last like 8 tricks were crazy. The boardslide on the ledge that actually looked balanced and not one-sided. Also thought it was funny that Thug and eric logan both did wallie nosemanuals off the same ledge. BTW if anyone was wondering, Thug edited his own part, which explains the different text.

Tanner and Lou's part was real fun to edit, it's so easy doing a shared part where one person's goofy and the other's regular. Also skating a lot of the same spots, it was a cool vibe. The line at the checkerboard ledges looked great, tanner had a bunch of sick lines. All of the A-rail tricks were just out of this world. Fakie flip up the art gallery 3-flat was nuts.

I've said skaterdavid was the king of combo grinds before, and it's still true. Front hurricane to front nose just doesn't make sense. Kickflip feeble to smith was my fave. David and Choad also half cab flipped out of a sw crook on the same ledge. David also edited his own part.

Stoeipoess needs to get on xbox live again, dude is too fun. dlx has a weird shane oneill obsession, I like it. Guy's 360 flip nosegrind bigspin line was so sick style. I like how that one spot he did a f/s 5-0 to fakie on, Choad did 180 fakie 5-0 kickflip out, and Onion did wallie 180 fakie 5-0. Similar stuff like that gets me stoked. Boyan with the late addition, get more stuff for the next video. Chesthairs always kills it, nollieflip ginoslide line and nollieflip ginoslide nollieflip out were insane.

Ice9 had some ridiculous stuff, sw tre noseslide fakie heelflip out was the sickest trick in the video IMO. F/s grind kickflip out at the DIY park was crazy too. Crailslide shuv took my by surprise. Ender was amazing.

Victor/Bandini shared part was really fun to edit, lots of solid lines from Victor and bandini's stuff is always wild. Noseslide lottispin to crook looked awesome and I would never imagine trying that trick ever.

Rofl had too much sick stuff to mention, but I will say his sw hardflip down the double set is the best one I've ever seen. I hate how that trick looks in game but he made it work. The vice-versa tricks on the same ledge were crazy tech. Ender was one of the most locked-in crooked grinds I've ever seen.

Jimmy shoulda had a full part but didn't have enough footage, so I threw in some of my goofier stuff to fill it out. Although I  think I might be the first guy to (want to) do a hoho plant. I'll put out a more serious/normal part with the next video.

VictoriousOG

« Reply #1684 on: August 15, 2011, 07:23:00 PM »
Icenine killed it and had my favorite part. Tanner and Lou was an enjoyable watch. Everyone else kills so hard and boggles my mind with the shit they do.

ROFLCOCKTOR

• Rep: 9
  • soisoisoisoisoi
« Reply #1685 on: August 15, 2011, 07:41:25 PM »
onions wallride things were crazy, the whole video was crazy, it seems like everyone has a knack for finding odd things, or exploiting certain terrain or mechanics to do gnarly shit. i try to rip like that in the game, but holy fuck its so hard. i have enough difficulty doing my little crooked grinds on ledges. hippie flips and regular wallride shuvs are just not happening.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #1686 on: August 15, 2011, 11:36:26 PM »
I think icenines part was my favorite. Onion opened it up hella proper tho. I swear like 2 of thugnificents tricks ive tried or landed, or something similar to them. like that wallie nose manual down thhe long ledge, ive done that switch but was never happy with the line i was trying. I try lines way too often. Some in my part took days or weeks to do the way i wanted. Everyone else had dope parts And tricks. Skater david is most totally king of double grinds. My head almost exploded. Ive done switch inverts that flip but never powerslid into one. Them shits were tight briden. Thanks for enjoying trendy bastard your footy was sick especially the lines. Hey briden will you edit my next part for me with the leftovers? I would be much obliged, im already stackin more clips And cant do nothin with em. After seeing the amazing finished product i cant  help but want to film more. And i want a solo part so ii can skate to some hip hop haha.

edit: I don't THINK icenines part was my favorite, it definitely was because he fuckin killed it.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 11:40:14 PM by tangar »
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

bandini

« Reply #1687 on: August 16, 2011, 12:13:02 AM »
After seeing the amazing finished product i cant  help but want to film more.

Haha - no doubt. I saw a bunch of stuff that gave me ideas for other stuff to try... too bad it's been like a week since I've been able to get anything uploaded to skatereel...

bandini

« Reply #1688 on: August 16, 2011, 11:15:09 AM »
Well, I actually got some clips uploaded last night but now they all have that weird little "mother and kid holding hands" watermark on them. What the fuck?

VictoriousOG

« Reply #1689 on: August 16, 2011, 12:24:22 PM »
I noticed that in the video. Is that the SLAP Pals skate team emblem? I also got a team invite but couldn't join. I think it had to do something with a full team.

BriDen

« Reply #1690 on: August 16, 2011, 03:21:17 PM »
Well, I actually got some clips uploaded last night but now they all have that weird little "mother and kid holding hands" watermark on them. What the fuck?

It means the clip was filmed/uploaded on easy mode. Not necessarily that you did it on easy mode, but it happens every once in a while if you don't take off the watermark/have the filmer pack

Hey briden will you edit my next part for me with the leftovers? I would be much obliged, im already stackin more clips And cant do nothin with em. After seeing the amazing finished product i cant  help but want to film more. And i want a solo part so ii can skate to some hip hop haha.

Sure thing, hit me up with a pm when you wanna get started.

Expand Quote
After seeing the amazing finished product i cant  help but want to film more.
[close]

Haha - no doubt. I saw a bunch of stuff that gave me ideas for other stuff to try... too bad it's been like a week since I've been able to get anything uploaded to skatereel...

Everybody's been having this problem, EA nation seems to be working in spurts now, during the past week or so I've only been able to upload clips around 2-3AM central time. Calling/emailing/live chatting EA tech support could always help the problem get noticed.

bandini

« Reply #1691 on: August 16, 2011, 03:45:41 PM »
Oh great, now everyone's gonna think I'm playing on Easy mode, lol...

I've noticed that "Easy" watermark appear before occasionally (for the record, I have NEVER played Easy mode...:)) but right now it's on ALL my clips.

But I'll be damned if I'm gonna pay for the filmer pack just to get rid of that thing...

Reev

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1692 on: August 16, 2011, 05:18:27 PM »
I've noticed that watermark displayed on the Skate.Reel photos that come up when loading clips.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #1693 on: August 17, 2011, 12:41:44 AM »
Oh great, now everyone's gonna think I'm playing on Easy mode, lol...

I've noticed that "Easy" watermark appear before occasionally (for the record, I have NEVER played Easy mode...:)) but right now it's on ALL my clips.

But I'll be damned if I'm gonna pay for the filmer pack just to get rid of that thing...

this for sure. I've never filmed a trick on easy haha. and fuck paying for that filmer pack. maybe if I could edit my own videos I would tho for the extra storage.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

bandini

« Reply #1694 on: August 17, 2011, 09:53:44 AM »
Briden's right - starting at about 2 am California time, the servers work fine. I would love to know what brain-damaged simpletons are in charge of IT over there at EA. Since #3 came out, the site & servers have been pretty much a non-stop disaster. It amazes me that they have the balls to try to make people pay for a filmer pack, given all that. 

ROFLCOCKTOR

• soisoisoisoisoi
« Reply #1695 on: August 17, 2011, 11:22:53 AM »
so liek should i send more clips for the next video or is there enough left overs?

bandini

« Reply #1696 on: August 17, 2011, 03:33:05 PM »
Speaking of clips... has anyone found a good freeware batch convertor for flv to avi (or mp4, or one of those)? I've been using Handbrake for awhile, which is a massive pain because it only does one at a time - no batch convert. I've searched & searched & still haven't found a freeware one that works.

ROFLCOCKTOR

• soisoisoisoisoi
« Reply #1697 on: August 17, 2011, 06:04:20 PM »
i use xilisoft video converter ultimate, i dont remember if i used a key but i dont think so, as it prompts me to enter one all the time. however it seems convert clips under 1 m minute half in its trial version which is more then enough for skate 3 clips. also i always convert to mp4 HD not avi, avi seems harder to work with in vegas.

BriDen

« Reply #1698 on: August 17, 2011, 07:45:59 PM »
Speaking of clips... has anyone found a good freeware batch convertor for flv to avi (or mp4, or one of those)? I've been using Handbrake for awhile, which is a massive pain because it only does one at a time - no batch convert. I've searched & searched & still haven't found a freeware one that works.

http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/Free-3GP-Video-Converter.htm

Free, customizable if you want, and allows clips longer than 1 minute if you need it.

so liek should i send more clips for the next video or is there enough left overs?

There's still leftovers, but anyone can send clips if they want more to be in the next video.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #1699 on: August 17, 2011, 08:46:12 PM »
I got an online pass and am going to download the park packs so I can get some clips for the next one

Evil Kraken from the Arctic Sea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Hi SlapPal!
« Reply #1700 on: August 17, 2011, 09:49:08 PM »
I'm new to ps3 and skate 3 and I suck but my names ArcticKraken and I don't have any friends in Carverton.
I'll go frontside on some tranny for you.

foureyedjim

« Reply #1701 on: August 18, 2011, 12:55:49 AM »
I've dabbled with skate reel a bit and made a few simple videos

nothing amazing, but here it is:

Javelin / Skate 3 after dark + other crap

Ratatat skate 3 montage
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 12:57:42 AM by foureyedjim »

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #1702 on: August 18, 2011, 01:12:31 AM »

Ratatat skate 3 montage

some of that stuff was hella sick, like the nollie feeble bluntslide at 3rd and army and that wallride to grind in the second video. and my last trick in my slap part was on that spot from the first video that you wallie 180d. are you on xbox?

bandini

« Reply #1703 on: August 18, 2011, 12:45:11 PM »
Well, since we're throwing more vids out there - I got on a roll after Briden posted the vid & put one more together... (thx for the converter link, man - sorry you got focused...).

EA Skate3 #13

bandini

« Reply #1704 on: August 18, 2011, 05:59:43 PM »
That video was a little crazy man, literally off the wall but I always watch and enjoy your videos. They're entertaining to say the least, even if I can't get into playing that way.

Haha - I know I like to get a little tech nuttier than most of the folks here... I try to keep it at least close to the bounds of reality tho...:) the crazy thing is that real-life skateboarding has gotten so insane that guys like Shane or Torey could probably do most of that stuff, lol...

VictoriousOG

« Reply #1705 on: August 18, 2011, 06:09:59 PM »
Make a request by sending them tricks you do on Skate 3.

Oni0nbelt

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1706 on: August 18, 2011, 08:39:23 PM »
Just watched the Slap Video. Awesome stuff all around

Favorite parts were Thugnificent, Ice Nine, & the Lou/Danner shared part.
Only disappointment was no Bullet footage.

Thanks for putting this together Briden!

Quote from: SweetLou
i was super hyped off onions part.. nice way to open it up.. just bummed that he wore the same gear the whole time.. haha
Sorry dude, I hate changing gear. Iron Maiden shirt & Toy Machine deck are all I'll ever need.

foureyedjim

« Reply #1707 on: August 19, 2011, 02:23:56 AM »
Expand Quote

Ratatat skate 3 montage
[close]

some of that stuff was hella sick, like the nollie feeble bluntslide at 3rd and army and that wallride to grind in the second video. and my last trick in my slap part was on that spot from the first video that you wallie 180d. are you on xbox?

Thanks man, but nah, I'm on PS3, and I rarely play anyways.  I slapped together simple skate 3 montages whenever I'm bored

Liam Baker

• Rep: -50
« Reply #1708 on: August 21, 2011, 05:32:49 PM »
Skate 3 is fun and all, I just don't like the whole "Everything is saturated and happy" feel of the game. I like the whole OG skate and skate 2 feel where it's like skating in the early morning (or at least that's how I interpreted it). Skate 3 feels to happy and stuff. I hope skate 4 has a better feel and more tricks, like impossibles. But hey, that's just what I think.
fuck

thugnificent

« Reply #1709 on: August 21, 2011, 07:47:11 PM »
if skate had a 24 hour clock it would be perfect unfortunately there wont be a skate 4, or another good skating game for years most likely