Author Topic: Breaking Bad  (Read 151249 times)

tobey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
Re: Breaking Bad
« Reply #1140 on: December 22, 2014, 11:01:34 PM »
www.youtube.com/watch?v=btbE_9wY1nU

spin off's usually are the worst but i have high hopes for this

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1141 on: December 26, 2014, 11:41:32 PM »
definitely gonna check that out

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #1142 on: September 24, 2019, 12:17:29 PM »
Figured instead of starting a new thread I could bring back up the old Breaking Bad thread. Trailer for the new movie just posted and I'm really excited. Looks like it takes place right after the series finale.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhjs8B_Wxl8

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #1143 on: September 24, 2019, 12:33:14 PM »
I think it'll be pretty fucking good,with all the right amounts of nostalgia sprinkled in. Looking forward to geeking out on it

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1144 on: September 24, 2019, 12:37:27 PM »
I'm stoked.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #1145 on: September 24, 2019, 12:59:35 PM »
Looks good. Only bummer is I don't remember a lot of the story and don't want to rewatch it. Hopefully they will fill you in on everything because that show had some dull moments that I wouldn't be able to pay attention to.

Always felt so bad for Jessie and his girlfriend dying was a heart breaker.

Can't wait for the next season of Better Call Saul. That's one of like 2 shows I've watched the past couple of years.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 362
« Reply #1146 on: September 24, 2019, 01:24:50 PM »
Can’t wait!

fftc

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1147 on: September 25, 2019, 05:44:15 AM »
I didn't know anything about this.
I loved Breaking Bad. Not a huge TV guy so I missed out on it until it was all over but binge watched it late 2014. Seen it 3 times now and it still stands as probably the greatest TV series ever. That said, I did think the last time I watched it that the final series could probably have been missed off. So I'm wondering if the film will be in that category or if it will be off the scale awesome. Might even get me to visit the cinema! (not a big cinema guy either  ;D)

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #1148 on: September 25, 2019, 08:59:53 AM »
I loved Breaking Bad. Not a huge TV guy so I missed out on it until it was all over but binge watched it late 2014. Seen it 3 times now and it still stands as probably the greatest TV series ever. That said, I did think the last time I watched it that the final series could probably have been missed off. So I'm wondering if the film will be in that category or if it will be off the scale awesome. Might even get me to visit the cinema! (not a big cinema guy either  ;D)
It says it’s in select theaters and also streaming on Netflix next month. So should be easy to see. At the time I thought the ending was tight but looking back it’s pretty dumb. I think a movie fits the story better. Just hope they don’t make Jessie bad. He’s all the hope you had in the end.

fftc

« Reply #1149 on: September 26, 2019, 01:17:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
It says it’s in select theaters and also streaming on Netflix next month. So should be easy to see. At the time I thought the ending was tight but looking back it’s pretty dumb. I think a movie fits the story better. Just hope they don’t make Jessie bad. He’s all the hope you had in the end.

With everything he has gone through I'm not sure he could be anything but bad! Besides, not sure how gripping the story would be if he reconciled with his parents and became a great big brother and model citizen!  ;D

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #1150 on: October 11, 2019, 12:50:30 PM »
It’s out today, about to watch it!

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #1151 on: October 11, 2019, 12:54:58 PM »

It's on Netflix today?!?!
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #1152 on: October 11, 2019, 12:58:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yes!!!!

fftc

« Reply #1153 on: October 11, 2019, 01:02:21 PM »

Just watched it!

;D

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #1154 on: October 11, 2019, 01:29:46 PM »
Saw it at 2am as soon as it dropped....it’s pretty dope.  Makes me wonder what spin offs are coming

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #1155 on: October 11, 2019, 01:46:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yes!!!!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh SHIT.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #1156 on: October 11, 2019, 02:05:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yes!!!!
[close]

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh SHIT.

Weekend plans !

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #1157 on: October 11, 2019, 03:06:51 PM »
Loved it!!

Kept me at the edge of my seat the entire time. Made me miss all the great visuals that I would look forward to watching new episodes.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #1158 on: October 11, 2019, 03:25:26 PM »
Fuck yeah, noticed this came out last night but ended up falling asleep, gonna watch it tonight for sure.

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

Dirk_Diggler

« Reply #1159 on: October 11, 2019, 10:13:28 PM »
I really wanted to like this movie, but I was disappointed honestly.  The whole movie just felt very flat to me and the ending just seemed too easy and predictable. Overall it was a movie we didn’t need but got anyway.

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -323
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1160 on: October 12, 2019, 03:04:14 AM »
I really wanted to like this movie, but I was disappointed honestly.  The whole movie just felt very flat to me and the ending just seemed too easy and predictable. Overall it was a movie we didn’t need but got anyway.
Really you thought it was flat? I mean it was VInce Gilliagan and he's done countless X-Files episodes and some other shit.

Not that he's a bad writer and director just there's not much to the story one can have afterwards.
What were you expecting from this story and it's ending? Revenge? start up another business?

Dueces Bitch's

fftc

« Reply #1161 on: October 12, 2019, 03:26:27 AM »
Saw it at 2am as soon as it dropped....it’s pretty dope.  Makes me wonder what spin offs are coming

I'm thinking it's set up for a series about Jesse's future adventures in the land of the last frontier. And having watched the film, I would back that!

NORTHBYMIDWEST

• Rep: 18
« Reply #1162 on: October 12, 2019, 03:40:19 AM »
The wife and I watched the movie the second I got home from work yesterday haha I predicted how it would end but I thought it was a great movie, I too would be stoked on a few more spin offs. I've always thought one about Gus' past would be interesting.

Dirk_Diggler

« Reply #1163 on: October 12, 2019, 07:33:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Really you thought it was flat? I mean it was VInce Gilliagan and he's done countless X-Files episodes and some other shit.

Not that he's a bad writer and director just there's not much to the story one can have afterwards.
What were you expecting from this story and it's ending? Revenge? start up another business?

Yeah Idk maybe I was expecting too much or something. I’ll watch it again and maybe I’ll have a different opinion about it the second time around. I wish it had more of a cat and mouse chase between Jesse and the cops and less flash back scenes. The ending did give some nice closure for Jesse but I thought they would do something a little less predictable.

Being a huge BB fan I can’t help but being a little nitpicky about it but whatever, I will always watch anything Vince makes Breaking Bad related no matter what.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #1164 on: October 12, 2019, 07:36:30 AM »
I thought it was awesome. I almost wish it was longer but the ending didn't bother me because it's a basically a mirror of the Breaking Bad ending. It's open ended enough to keep us wondering, but it gives us enough closure to know that Jesse gets a (relatively) happy ending. Both end with him driving away in liberation, but it's a nice contrast to see him driving into safety and isolation versus racing away from torture and likely death. I think as an epilogue it did about the best it could without ruining a near perfect series and as a fan I'm very satisfied.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #1165 on: October 12, 2019, 10:00:40 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This is a good point.... i guess i also was expecting a little more (not sure why), but overall i think it was executed well. I liked the scene in the diner for some reason, that might’ve been my favorite part.

Maybe we didn’t need it per se, but it tied up loose ends. It almost felt good to see Jesse get a fresh start.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

woodsman

• Rep: 65
« Reply #1166 on: October 12, 2019, 10:46:25 AM »
I liked it. That’s crazy that Robert Forster died yesterday. The welder guy is the dude from Righteous Gemstones. He was a good villain. I loved the beginning with Skinny Pete and Badger and I like the way it showed how Jesse was still in love with his girl that overdosed. Also Pineapple has “Bromine” 😃

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -323
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1167 on: October 12, 2019, 02:43:05 PM »
I liked it. That’s crazy that Robert Forster died yesterday. The welder guy is the dude from Righteous Gemstones. He was a good villain. I loved the beginning with Skinny Pete and Badger and I like the way it showed how Jesse was still in love with his girl that overdosed. Also Pineapple has “Bromine” 😃
He was also in the return of Twin Peaks great actor, he died? Damn that’s fucked.
Dueces Bitch's

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #1168 on: October 12, 2019, 05:29:34 PM »
He was battling brain cancer... damn. He was fantastic in Jackie Brown. Even his short scene in Camino... great actor.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1090
« Reply #1169 on: October 13, 2019, 12:15:44 PM »
All of us should strive to be the type of friend Skinny Pete is to Jesse. Damn near teared up when he called Jesse his hero.