Author Topic: Breaking Bad  (Read 151244 times)

brent

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Breaking Bad
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2010, 12:30:38 PM »
that was a really good episode, probably my favorite of the series
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2010, 05:28:17 PM »
I kept thinking, "this is a really bad time to let it slip that you let Pinkman's girlfriend die."

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2010, 08:10:31 PM »
HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

HOLY! FUCKING! SHIT!

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 362
« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2010, 08:24:01 PM »
Walt, coming through in the clutch.

brent

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2010, 09:01:44 PM »
god damn! that was too much  :o

jeremyrandall

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Ninetimes Skate Shop avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2010, 09:28:41 PM »
I just spent the weekend in Calgary at Kevin Lowry's place.  Turns out him and his roommates are super into this show.  I was up till 4 last night watching episodes.  I couldn't turn it off.  The episode where the dude's girlfriend dies is crazy!!

brent

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2010, 10:57:22 PM »

dat dude

RightCoastBiased

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -56
« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2010, 05:39:21 PM »
That was the best scene in any episode of the series so far. Fucking awesome, walt is a badass.

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2010, 08:25:29 PM »
Fully caught up. Holy shit. Walt straight executed that dude.

Also, Mike is a total badass-

Season finale is going to be bananas!

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2010, 01:52:04 AM »
Can't wait to see how walt gets out of this.  I wish he would just let pinkman do himself in.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2010, 12:15:10 PM »
just saw the new episode, walt is one bad motherfucker! 

Goblinshark

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
  • It's a trap!
« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2010, 03:36:13 PM »
that was probably the most epic minute of television I've ever seen!
Stephen Alcala: chris cole anit a loser
Stephen Alcala: frank grewer is an alcholic
Stephen Alcala: LOSER

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2010, 08:43:39 AM »
It seemed like the writers bit off more than they could chew this season – like the finale totally sneaked up on them. Hank played no part in the second half of the season due to being in the hospital (I honestly thought he was going to play a huge part in the finale), Skyler’s involvement in Walt’s second life never really developed into anything more than ideas and hints, and in the end it felt like a series of episodes leading to a finale as opposed to one incredible piece of work.

Cranston was incredible as always and should submit ‘Fly’ for Emmy consideration. As much as I love Aaron Paul though, he did not blow me away at any particular moment/episode and did not seem to have enough screen time to warrant a consideration for best supporting like last year. Too bad.

Overall, I’m going to give the season an 8/10.

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #73 on: June 14, 2010, 01:34:20 PM »
It does seem like this season was really just setting the tone for the next season. A lot of the crazy stuff that happened really just introduced new problems that there was no resolution for in the end. That said, so many of the characters changed really dramatically and there were some incredible episodes, so I'm content as long as they have some good shit up their sleeves for the next season. Gus and Walt should have some amazing head-to-heads coming up.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2010, 01:19:31 PM »
was that the season finale?  wtf?

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal

All Hail Wu Welsh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2010, 12:26:14 AM »
Just watched the entire series over the past month and a half, it's right up there with dexter as the best dramas on tv but it still doesn't even come close to touching the wire.  Is it just me but is anyone else annoyed by the total ridiculousness of all the drug dealing characters in the show, the only believable ones so far are gus(who is a total g), victor(his right hand man), and sort of mike the p.i., the rest are all complete delusional fantasies, tuco and his twin cousins might be the most over the top characters I've ever seen.  And is it me or does mike the p.i. seem  like a total ripoff of "the wolf" from pulp fiction?

Gnomon

« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2010, 04:33:21 PM »
I just caught the last episode of season 3. That was series finale right? No more seasons?

If so - fuck. It was good but it left so much unresolved.

matt.

• Rep: -6
« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2010, 08:41:22 PM »
there should at least be season 4..

We've talked in the past about your idea that you see this as a four-season show. Given where we've come by the end of this season, do you still feel that way?

Boy, I tell ya. This is the tough question of all time. It's the question I think about every day. Philosophically, I truly believe it's better to leave the party too early rather than too late. I'd rather leave people wanting more. I want to satisfy the audience as much as I humanly can. But I think it would be more satisfying for people to say, "Jesus, I wish they ran a little longer" than for them to say, "Man, that show used to be good, and then I just lost all interest because it became the same old thing, week in and week out." Of those two possibilities, I'd prefer the first.

Having said that, this show continues to surprise me, and I think it surprises my writers, day in and day out that, knock on wood, we continue to be interested in these characters ourselves. I think that's the root reason the show remains interesting: we, the people creating it, remain interested in the characters we're writing about and the stories we're telling. We continue to be confounded and fascinated by Walter White and why he does the things he does, and is there any good left in him? All these kind of questions continue to fill our days. They continue to consume us.

All of this is to say, four seasons feels pretty good to me, and I have said that in several interviews, but I can't say it with absolute certainty. At the end of every season, we try to end with a big enough bang, in a fashion such that if the whole series ended right then and there, it'd be somewhat satisfying, or at least end with a big enough bang. So if for instance we didn't get a season four, it'd be a bummer of an ending, but it'd be a big ending nonetheless, and it could work as a series ender. Having said all of that, season four might be a good place to end it, possibly we could go to season five. Can't picture anything beyond season five. I don't have a definitive answer for you, because the character continues to be interesting to me, and I'm not that Bobby Fischer player where I had the whole thing figured out in my head. I don't know exactly where Walt's going to wind up. I have the vaguest of ideas of how the series should end in a satisfying, at least to me, manner. But having said that, I don't know how long it'll take to get from the point we're at to that point, and I don't know how long we'll have. Because as with most TV shows, the structure of the business is such that if a show is doing well, you don't think about ending it, you only think about continuing it. We don't have any other business paradigm than any other show has in that regard. There's no real talk of ending things.

I don't have a definitive end date in mind. I kinda wish though that someone would say, "Okay, it's gonna end on this date exactly X number of episodes from now. So write to that wisely." That's how you have at least half a chance of ending a show in a truly satisfying manner, is to know how many days you have left. But in the absence of anyone telling me that, and I don't think anybody's gonna tell me anytime soon, we just have to continue parceling out the story as best we can and kind of hope to keep things interesting.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2010, 12:14:53 AM »
Apparently they're gonna start back up in July 2011, and they'll release these mini web episodes to fill the time gap in between 

Archie Bunker

• Rep: 17
  • I've got the juice now
« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2011, 01:38:16 AM »
are you muthafuckas ready for sunday?
Bitch I'm 'bout it 'bout it

Hexagon

« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2011, 04:54:05 AM »
are you muthafuckas ready for sunday?

Fuck yeah! Watched all 3 seasons back to back, show rules and left me wanting more.

Kab

• Rep: -38
« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2011, 06:21:18 AM »
I gotta set an alarm on my phone so I remember, first time I've been excited about something on T.V. in years.
Down by the river...

Hannity

« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2011, 09:43:25 AM »

so. damn. cute.

this show is sick and i'm pissed it took me this long to find out about it.

Kab

• Rep: -38
« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2011, 11:05:35 AM »

so. damn. cute.

this show is sick and i'm pissed it took me this long to find out about it.

You do know she's dead right?
Down by the river...

SFblah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 668
« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2011, 11:46:50 AM »
Shit, I still need to watch Season 3. Just watched first two seasons back to back earlier this year.

Hannity

« Reply #86 on: July 15, 2011, 01:16:33 PM »
yea i was bummed on that, but i can see why Walt had to let her die b/c she was a loose cannon

faded blue blind jeans

• Rep: 0
« Reply #87 on: July 17, 2011, 04:35:49 PM »
I just spent the weekend in Calgary at Kevin Lowry's place.?  Turns out him and his roommates are super into this show.?  I was up till 4 last night watching episodes.?  I couldn't turn it off.?  The episode where the dude's girlfriend dies is crazy!!

was his sister there

sophisto000

« Reply #88 on: July 17, 2011, 04:38:28 PM »
grab your beers and get ready, shit starts @ 10 pm/9 central bitches!!!!!!!!!

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 362
« Reply #89 on: July 17, 2011, 06:37:46 PM »
fuck yes!  can't wait!