Author Topic: Element Tries To Drum Up Business In Brazil With NatGeo Decks ABD By Klaus Bohms  (Read 2189 times)

links, pics, and quotes

There are times when it is impossible to ignore a certain level of poverty of mind. Just telling here, for those who support not say that did not know (the shape of the photo was made by me @transver_ in Dec/2017).

1- Get me off the mark in the most disrespectful way possible.

2- I start making my own shapes with graphics created by me using National Geographic magazines.

3- Months later the brand comes up with the brilliant idea of ​​collaborating graphics with National Geographic.

4- Nothing will convince me that skateboarding is rough. Keep trying.

Some (few) people have made a point of putting words in my mouth. So it's good for me to say:

I am not accusing anyone of plagiarism, it was by free interpretation of those who read the facts I pointed out in the order of events. Nor am I claiming pioneering in anything. My primary commitment is to skateboarding in Brazil. I'm taking a stand against a multinational that when launching a new collection in Brazil totally ignored the Brazilian human/skateboarder who has a creation here. Especially when this skateboarder has been branded for 12 years and, because of his disengagement (done in a way that I don't want any skateboarder) started buying flat shapes and creating his own graphics using NatGeo magazines, the which is documented in various videos, magazines and exhibitions and the brand can't say it has never seen. This is the detail that may touch my ego (after all, I'm not plastic) but what would feel like shit if I kept quiet. I expose myself to give the message that the skateboarder has a voice, and that maybe the next time they ignore the skateboarder's strength and think that their size and power can overwhelm anyone, think twice. Next time you are going to execute a concept imported from the USA in Brazil, remember that here is a story that Brazilian skateboarders build and that needs to be taken into consideration. I'm really utopian, but it's the way I feel good to keep doing what I do. And I risk appearing to be 'the egotistical artist' in the interpretation of some Artists/'skateboarders', but I can live with that, because I know that the biggest reason for my position is to warn about respect for the Brazilian skateboard, the value to the skater and about the skate market in Brazil.

The result of @natgeo and Element's collaboration is a collection of clothing and shapes that involves curating images from the impressive National Geographic library combined with timeless skateboard photographs.

Rocko

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 38
Didn’t they steal jimmy Lannon’s idea for a sock company too (stance)? Or am I thinking of another company

links, pics, and quotes

Didn’t they steal jimmy Lannon’s idea for a sock company too (stance)? Or am I thinking of another company

https://cafecremeblog.com/2016/03/20/jimmy-lannon-interview/

Charles Paratte: You used to ride for Element, how is skating for Magenta is different?

Jimmy Lannon: Well riding for Element just felt corny.  It never felt right cause the only reason I wanted to ride for them was because I looked up to Jake Rupp.  As soon as they wanted to start paying me they fired Jake and told me I was his replacement basically.  Not to mention for a small fraction of what they were paying Jake.  Then they lied about everything they ever told me, and stole my idea of a sock brand with images (stance socks).  Ryan Kingman was the VP at the time at element.  I asked him to help me start a sock brand for skaters.  Soon after that stance came out.  Not to mention I had to sue Element because they tried to get away with shorting me $12,000 out of the sorry ass contract they gave me.  There was no trust.

dooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
The nerve. Not like I'd ever back Element, but even their logo is stolen so this doesn't surprise me. Dude should send a cease and desist, it would be one less hideous series out there. What an uninspired, low-hanging fruit of a licensing deal.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
Nothing fucking wrong with this. Nat geo and element should sue that guy for using images without permission.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

doublesteveburger

The nerve. Not like I'd ever back Element, but even their logo is stolen so this doesn't surprise me. Dude should send a cease and desist, it would be one less hideous series out there. What an uninspired, low-hanging fruit of a licensing deal.

wind water fire nerve

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Klaus is a crying baby, his shapes is cleary a Quasi rip off.

Look at me, Im skater and ARTIST. fuck man, hes trying so hard.

drunkenshredder

• Rep: -135
https://elementbrand.com/team/

They're running out of people

Manny Fapuiao

• Rep: 110
coulda sworn this dude was scandinavian with that name
I've had a better understanding of what is happening around me while smoking Salvia as a passenger in a moving vehicle than reading your post

GoneWithTheSchwinn

• Mods
  • Rep: -9957
A lot of Germans went to South America after WWII, “for their health”.

BLACK LIVES MATTER
FUCK 12

"Watch out or the gazpacho police will get you!"

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
links, you've rapidly become my favorite poster

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
https://elementbrand.com/team/

They're running out of people
Wow, Appleyard and Garcia are incredibly attractive… and Apples is serving me Spencer Hamilton smize (must be a Canada thang):

« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 08:25:36 AM by Cool Ceith »