Author Topic: Ramp Related Questions  (Read 662 times)

All Hail Wu Welsh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Ramp Related Questions
« on: March 07, 2010, 12:08:11 AM »
Now that the weather is finally start warm up(fingers crossed) me and my roommates are gonna get started on building our ramp, now these questions aren't about plans or anything, but I wanted to know being that we will never be able to afford a top sheet of skate-lite and dont wan't to have to replace a top sheet of masonite very couple months, is there anything you guys can recommend coating the ramp with for it to hold up during shitty weather.  And we have a backyard entirely covered in concrete but theres the typical sidewalk cracks every 3 ft, do you think mortar or bondo would be better to fill up the cracks, mind you there is a shit load of them.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
Re: Ramp Related Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 07:53:05 AM »
sheet metal.  its cheap and easy. 

grimcity

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
Re: Ramp Related Questions
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 09:12:45 AM »
Yeah, sheet metal, or do a good job of water sealing your entire ramp (actually, do that if you use sheet metal, too), make sure to seal up all of the edges of the ramp (besides water pooling in the flat, water seeping into the edges of your plys is what tends to rot and disintegrate first), then cover your ramp with a vinyl tarp when you're not using it.

If you can, make a post that you can put in the flat (something very movable that will stand up straight) and make a tepee with your tarp, then you can skate it right after a rain... if wind up needing more than one tarp, you'll want to make sure they overlap in such a way that the tarp itself doesn't create pockets, so you can peel 'em back without spilling rainwater on everything.