Author Topic: Kris Markovich Art Bars Apreesh  (Read 5873 times)

MexicanSpaniard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Kris Markovich Art Bars Apreesh
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2010, 03:01:48 AM »
Expand Quote
this video photosynthesis, and welcome to hell were my favorite videos when i first started skating. jon west's part was insane (wheelbite grind, what did he do on that crazy red rail? wasn't it a fs feeble, fs smith and smith no comply or something?). for some reason i always liked that there was a lot of skating during the fall in it too. did anyone ever skip past all the credits and watch the really short horror movie at the end? it wasn't great but i thought it was cool idea.
[close]
fs smith. i remember watching that on vhs and rewinding that trick so many times
nelly futardo was here

sk8fool

• Rep: -30
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2010, 05:59:32 AM »
there used to be that show blue torch tv or whatever on like fox sports net channel and they would play individual parts from the video, i used to record all of them to like this 6 hour blank tape i had full of random skate shit

strubings part is fucking amazing
justin roy or whatever sucked

I don't think he sucked. Sure his style wasn't the best but he threw down some pretty good tricks for the time like that Kickflip Backlip and Kickflip Front Nose. The BS Flip of that building Richie Belton Fakie Ollied of in One Step Beyond also come to mind.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2010, 09:04:46 AM »
Expand Quote
there used to be that show blue torch tv or whatever on like fox sports net channel and they would play individual parts from the video, i used to record all of them to like this 6 hour blank tape i had full of random skate shit

[close]

I don't think he sucked. Sure his style wasn't the best but he threw down some pretty good tricks for the time like that Kickflip Backlip and Kickflip Front Nose. The BS Flip of that building Richie Belton Fakie Ollied of in One Step Beyond also come to mind.

Nah, his part was terrible.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2010, 09:10:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

2 hands dragging, also skates some of the lowest ledges ever

daniel, mike + justin made that video what it is

markovich heel varial ender lol
ONTARIO CANADA

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2010, 09:12:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

2 hands dragging, also skates some of the lowest ledges ever

daniel, mike + justin made that video what it is

markovich heel varial ender lol
Don't forget Ethan's part!
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2010, 09:16:35 AM »
oh yeah that was decent, the one with the crazy bs 5050 and crook at the end, was always mondo psyched on those
ONTARIO CANADA

Carolozoo

• Rep: 3
    • carolozoo avatar image
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2010, 09:17:14 AM »
Foundation part + Adio part the next year.   Makrovich was on a mission.

Narcissus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2010, 09:19:52 AM »
Let's not forget Shimizu and The Make-Up. Killer combo. Still one of my favorite videos.
i saw my grandma bail off a 4 set once in my house and she even got up and came to red lobster after.
Quote from: The Kitten!
get wasted and pass out.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2010, 09:29:29 AM »
i said him, i just liked the hurricane grrinds , no one had done them really yet
ONTARIO CANADA

Brown Thunder

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -66
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2010, 10:38:32 AM »
Jon west was also banging...

actually the whole video was fucking good except J-Roy

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2010, 11:30:03 AM »
omar actually had his shittiest part in that video (it looks like he got hurt during it) him and judd share a part (is that the same judd that posts on here?) they have a real cool song. yeah you are right that whole video is good except roy he just had soem really dumb stuff in there some of the shit was actually real intense like the kickflip bs lip but that rail got completely murdered like the next year by scott kane it kind of made that kickflip bs lip wash away in my memory... onlyy reason i remember it is cause i liked how they edited the slam into it.
ONTARIO CANADA

palmtree12233

« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2010, 02:16:04 PM »
omar actually had his shittiest part in that video (it looks like he got hurt during it) him and judd share a part (is that the same judd that posts on here?) they have a real cool song. yeah you are right that whole video is good except roy he just had soem really dumb stuff in there some of the shit was actually real intense like the kickflip bs lip but that rail got completely murdered like the next year by scott kane it kind of made that kickflip bs lip wash away in my memory... onlyy reason i remember it is cause i liked how they edited the slam into it.
his knee was fucked up for artbars and nervous breakdown
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_pSTRQFX2U&feature=related

back on topic, my two personal favorite parts are below(shimizu and rusczyk) fowlers was amazing as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSXDKCD92hI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEDEMT4v9B4&feature=related

MaryhillVibe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
  • gfm
    • www.mudozine.com avatar image
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2010, 02:58:51 PM »
Yes! I'm reminiscing so hard right now

DevilOnEnzyte

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -236
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2010, 04:36:45 PM »
First video I ever bought.
Favorite part.
Soooo many memories
I get to see Devil semi regularly and his little dude is rad as hell. My wife and I aren't into having little ones, but that'll give me more time to be a god uncle and teach Devil's spawn to slang weed.

mock nugget

• Rep: -12
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2010, 08:36:35 PM »

palmtree12233

« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2010, 11:48:26 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/v/i1Lbc0jszJM&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1
Some recent rippage, the kickflip over the rail is damn sick
wasnt really feeling his arm steez thing on that varial into bank, but the rest was pretty damn sick. especially the last trick

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2010, 09:50:54 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
his knee was fucked up for artbars and nervous breakdown

he had basically a full part on nervous breakdown... he had the first part i remember and he was a super little kid. the time frame between those videos is at least 3 or 4 years too so it probably happened at the very end of filming for nervous breakdown or sometime inbetween the release of the two videos. dude came back so strong though definitely made up for it!!!
ONTARIO CANADA

Mr. DNA

« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2010, 10:01:56 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
i did the same thing dude!

Do have copies record the former Saturday morning NBC series "Skate" ("SK8") on a VHS tape when it aired three seasons ago. I am also in the process of looking for someone who was able to record all of the show's commercials, along with the ending credits at the end of every episode. "Skate" was a teen-oriented skateboarding series that was a part of NBC's "TNBC" lineup during the 2001-2002 television season. The show only lasted one season, with a total of 13 episodes filmed. The main cast included Christopher Jorgens, Adrienne Carter, Jorgito Vargas, Jr., and Blair Wingo.

If you did record this show, especially if you recorded all of the TV commercials and the ending credits, or if you know anyone else who did record this show (in particular anyone else who recorded the commercials and the ending credits), please send an e-mail back to me immediately. Be sure to include the total number of "Skate" episodes that you or your acquaintance recorded.

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2010, 10:58:23 AM »
No Markovich thread is complete without his Union part.

This was probably the closest part to Duffy's prior to Questonable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmO9jG87d60

Which is a pretty good indicator of how ridiculous both were at the time.

And here's Koston's part from the same vid, just for the hell of it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRY0Jwoe0ks&feature=related

... and 'The Boss'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h954HIDCPs&feature=related

Note: Frontside flip off curb. :o

« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 11:05:38 AM by Mouth »
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2010, 12:13:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Do have copies record the former Saturday morning NBC series "Skate" ("SK8") on a VHS tape when it aired three seasons ago. I am also in the process of looking for someone who was able to record all of the show's commercials, along with the ending credits at the end of every episode. "Skate" was a teen-oriented skateboarding series that was a part of NBC's "TNBC" lineup during the 2001-2002 television season. The show only lasted one season, with a total of 13 episodes filmed. The main cast included Christopher Jorgens, Adrienne Carter, Jorgito Vargas, Jr., and Blair Wingo.

If you did record this show, especially if you recorded all of the TV commercials and the ending credits, or if you know anyone else who did record this show (in particular anyone else who recorded the commercials and the ending credits), please send an e-mail back to me immediately. Be sure to include the total number of "Skate" episodes that you or your acquaintance recorded.

haha i actually have a couple of these taped
ONTARIO CANADA

Headcrusher

• Rep: -49
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2010, 03:17:58 PM »
fake hipster skating and fake hipster music = markovich in art bars
"We got Ronson Lambert... Pretty much the Carroll of the 21st century." - Danny Way

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2010, 04:23:28 PM »
I think Markovich was already over the hill in art bars. I think appreciating that part would be like having a Ronnie Creger "What if?" appreciation thread or a Jamie Thomas new blood part appreciation. I just think that if you think Art bars is the best of that dude, then its a shame you never saw him in his prime.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

clamy

« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2010, 06:39:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEDEMT4v9B4&feature=related

Those 3rd and army lines man... so sick.

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2010, 12:04:51 PM »
Foundation part + Adio part the next year.   Makrovich was on a mission.

yeah, but after this everything started going downhill for him:
-Hollywood skateboards wasn't a good idea and didn't worked out
-88 footwear was founded by him, but when the video came out he was already out of the company, 6 months later or less the company was dead
-Blind thing wasn't going anywhere
-Crimson was going really good at some point but problems with their partners in business fucked up the company
-Given its good, but looks like its going to crash in any moment or something like that

thugnificent

« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2010, 12:22:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

damn i've been searching for episodes of this show for a while. I remember the episode where his gf gets a job at the library, and she has to decide between kicking him out for skating it or her new job. or the one where he finds the perfect yellow rail to 50-50 and has to repaint it, or the sketchy guy that does sick griptape art

nosebonk jones

• Rep: -23
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2010, 03:36:11 PM »
I think Markovich was already over the hill in art bars. I think appreciating that part would be like having a Ronnie Creger "What if?" appreciation thread or a Jamie Thomas new blood part appreciation. I just think that if you think Art bars is the best of that dude, then its a shame you never saw him in his prime.

who said it was his best?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2010, 09:34:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

who said it was his best?
You seem to think it was noteworthy.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out