Author Topic: Red Dead Redemption  (Read 11616 times)

VictoriousOG

Re: Red Dead Redemption
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2010, 03:54:10 PM »
You can create characters? If so, def gonna make the "Man With No Name".

max power

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2010, 05:19:52 PM »
Expand Quote
anyone else with an xbox getting this?
[close]

for sure.  i'm gonna be recreating Sam Elliot's character from "Tombstone"

im gonna be making this guy bringing some australian flavor, even though he just looks like john marsden. still, would be sweet to make the burns gang and fuck shit up.

Dr. Evan

• Rep: 24
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2010, 07:27:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
anyone else with an xbox getting this?
[close]

for sure.  i'm gonna be recreating Sam Elliot's character from "Tombstone"
[close]

im gonna be making this guy bringing some australian flavor, even though he just looks like john marsden. still, would be sweet to make the burns gang and fuck shit up.

baddest motherfucker from down under
Time you enjoyed wasting is never wasted - John Lennon

blAck AddEr

• Rep: -6
  • "thats my nigga Bach..."
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2010, 11:58:17 AM »
they better have black cowboys...
SLAP: where people get killed over typos

ROFLCOCKTOR

• Rep: 9
  • soisoisoisoisoi

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2010, 10:31:07 AM »
From IGN:

9.5   Presentation - A powerful story and remarkable characters. Tons of depth, but it doesn't quite have the perfect polish that most Rockstar games exhibit.
9.5   Graphics - A few visual hiccups are the only downside to this incredible looking game. Fantastic art direction.
10   Sound - Superb voice acting and a wonderful soundtrack.
9.5   Gameplay - Great variety, great combat, and a great multiplayer mode.
10   Lasting Appeal - Online or off, there are more than enough excellent reasons to keep coming back.

OVERALL - 9.7 Incredible
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Livin The Psychedelic Lif

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2010, 02:16:18 PM »

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2010, 10:01:53 PM »
my copy shipped today. can't fucking wait.

and the PS3 gets exclusive content!
a pretty crappy outfit and a hideout... you can have it. in fact the pre-order bonuses were pretty dumb as well. golden gun pack? an eyepatch that is basically a cheat? whatever.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2010, 06:24:23 PM »
Fuck, I might just buy this. Ned Kelly incoming.

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2010, 06:34:03 PM »
Fuck, I might just buy this. Ned Kelly incoming.
dat helmet

loophole

« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2010, 09:07:05 AM »
i will be playing this tomorrow night.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2010, 09:57:54 AM »
I got it. The poker alone is pretty go damn addicting. I went and played like an hour on it a lone. Went all in a couple of times and won. Beat out 2 of the 3 players but that one black guy kept along right with me the whole time. I'd come up some pots and he would. By the end of it, I just went all in on some 8 and 9 suited and dude took me out with a ace high. Weak.

I haven't even played online but on story mode, I am about 23% done after 6 hours or so playing. Seems way easier then the GTA series, which is a good thing since it is really rare that people even beat GTA. I feel like i have a sporting good chance and completing this before moving online. Graphics are sub par but Rockstar never puts out immaculate games anyways. Free roam level is good but it's starting to seem a lot smaller then I predicted from seeing on youtube, but I am assuming that has to do with no crazy cities like in GTA. I think the gem is voice over acting. Probably one of the best out there cause you really feel like you are in a western when they start talking.

Good game though but I would have gave it a low 9's rather then what IGN gave it. I fucking got Skate 3 and now that shit is going to collect dust just like that game did to Street Fighter 4.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2010, 03:44:29 PM »
Sub par graphics? Surely you're joking.

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2010, 03:46:50 PM »
thought it would come today. i guess tomorrow it is. who wants to ride out tomorrow night?

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2010, 03:54:55 PM »

I am not. Compare this game to Uncharted 2 or even Metal Gear. I am not saying the graphics suck but it's definitely not a 9.5 like what IGN gives it. I ams sure the technical aspects of having a free roam world makes it hard to animate. The horses and the way characters fall and tumble on the ground is cool though.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2010, 04:05:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I am not. Compare this game to Uncharted 2 or even Metal Gear. I am not saying the graphics suck but it's definitely not a 9.5 like what IGN gives it. I ams sure the technical aspects of having a free roam world makes it hard to animate. The horses and the way characters fall and tumble on the ground is cool though.

Maybe it's not the best looking game of all time, but calling it sub-par is grossly inaccurate. It looks absolutely amazing for the sheer scope of the game, I can't imagine being unimpressed by the landscape, the dynamic weather and all the lighting shifts. 9.5 seems just right.

HenryChinaski

• Rep: 28
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2010, 07:26:35 PM »
This game is rad. I am having a lot of fun with it. I think it is pretty beautiful graphically.
"You don't know what I'm all about like killing cops and reading Kerouac."

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2010, 08:09:11 PM »
I got it. The poker alone is pretty go damn addicting. I went and played like an hour on it a lone. Went all in a couple of times and won. Beat out 2 of the 3 players but that one black guy kept along right with me the whole time. I'd come up some pots and he would. By the end of it, I just went all in on some 8 and 9 suited and dude took me out with a ace high. Weak.

I haven't even played online but on story mode, I am about 23% done after 6 hours or so playing. Seems way easier then the GTA series, which is a good thing since it is really rare that people even beat GTA. I feel like i have a sporting good chance and completing this before moving online. Graphics are sub par but Rockstar never puts out immaculate games anyways. Free roam level is good but it's starting to seem a lot smaller then I predicted from seeing on youtube, but I am assuming that has to do with no crazy cities like in GTA. I think the gem is voice over acting. Probably one of the best out there cause you really feel like you are in a western when they start talking.

Good game though but I would have gave it a low 9's rather then what IGN gave it. I fucking got Skate 3 and now that shit is going to collect dust just like that game did to Street Fighter 4.
did you get it on ps3?

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=247305

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2010, 06:11:49 AM »
this threads getting me so hyped on this game but i'm still working my way through gow III. might have to get this and switch gears.

is the game play better than GTA? i know old red dead's shoting and fighting was way better than GTA. i liked the slow down aiming and all that.

cowmoolester

« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2010, 09:51:20 AM »
this threads getting me so hyped on this game but i'm still working my way through gow III. might have to get this and switch gears.

is the game play better than GTA? i know old red dead's shoting and fighting was way better than GTA. i liked the slow down aiming and all that.

I like this game more than GTA because its less cluttered than the massive condensed cities in the GTA series. I also like the "honour" system they have where you get rewarded for not killing and raping everyone in sight, its still an option, but if you dont you have access to more challenges and discounts in stores

The two games are very similar, setting waypoints, blips on the radar are the same

This game is really really good though, for sure a nice change of pace from GOW

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2010, 10:03:42 AM »

I haven't played the newest GTA but it definitely plays better. It feels like Uncharted, Max Payne and GTA rolled into one. What I also like about it is that it is fairly easy at the moment. GTA games are always notorious for be so damn long and hard. Red Dead Redemption feels like you can almost beat the game. I have played for about 2 days and I am 37% done according to my stats. Story line is good so far and just the overall western feel is a nice fresh look from the old GTA series.

It is worth the buy for sure.....and I haven't even played online yet.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2010, 11:46:30 AM »
fucking postman hurry up.

« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2010, 01:08:17 PM »

The gameplay is way better than GTA, especially the aiming. Remember the frustrating aim-lock in GTA?  Well its been fixed here and you can now aim your shots better & switch targets seamlessly.
The game is so much fun bc all the missions are different. There is so much variety, you never have that feeling of "repetitiveness".
I personally prefer this game bc its a lot more serious than GTA (which I hated bc of the annoying radio and dumb-ish comedy).
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 06:27:25 PM by Livin The Psychedelic Lif »

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2010, 01:55:17 PM »
haha! some of the cattle rustlers have my surname, fuck yeah.

loophole

« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2010, 10:57:42 AM »
goddamn i gotta get a firmware update for my mod chip before i can play it. or skate 3. ballz

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2010, 02:41:51 PM »
Any of you guys been having the network connection problem when you try to play online? I haven't been able to stay on for more than 15 minutes or so, but it seems like a widespread problem so a fix should be coming hopefully.

Game is incredible though. I love that when you're doing missions it doesn't fall into the GTA trap where they give you a simple enough mission, and then just when you finish you have 5 star wanted level and have to escape. They just did such good service to the Western genre, everything is on point. Plus like Fongstarr said the voice acting is insanely good, better than GTAIV by a mile and GTA was really good in that respect.

Dr. Evan

• Rep: 24
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2010, 01:32:23 AM »
Gentlemen, i have a tip for you.  Remember in the old time western movies where the badguy would tie up some hapless bitch and throw her on a railroad track?  Do it...you even get an achievement. Just make sure you watch the train hit her. 
Time you enjoyed wasting is never wasted - John Lennon

« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2010, 01:23:54 PM »
My fav street justice was capturing the cannibal that ate a kid.
I hogtied the bastard then brought him to jail for the $$$. Since the they didn't put him in jail I took him to a cemetery where I proceeded to slit his throat.

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2010, 03:11:00 PM »
i just love rolling up on people with the sawn off and blowing them away.

had something pretty sick happen the other day, i was in the hills and a cougar got my horse, i swung around blew it away with the shotgun, then bam! another cougar pounces on me, knocks me off a nearby cliff, we both fall down and i take it out on the way down. not this time you fucking cougars.

steenz

« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2010, 05:27:34 PM »
this game is fun :)