Author Topic: 3 New Deluxe pros??  (Read 6918 times)

GnarlesManson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -118
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: 3 New Deluxe pros??
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2010, 09:13:07 PM »
whoever said chima wouldnt get board sales is pretty out of it. chimas been a favorite of mine and a bunch of people i know for a few years now.

S.F.A.

• Rep: 17
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2010, 11:08:46 PM »
ya know I hear all the time, "Oh I love that guy he should be pro, I'd get his board" but really I think all three of these guys will get board sales becacuse thier boards will be DLX boards. Its going to be more about it being DLX and the right size then it wil be about some one wanting a chima board.

sorry but thats the truth.

wanting a Cardiel board, I can see that. Wanting a Busenitze board, I can see that. Dan Drehoble board, yup, I garentee that people go looking for those too. But, not many people are going to go in and demand a chima board. Even if they kinda want one, they'll just get another board in the size they want. Where as some one like Koston or P rod, if a kid wants their board well thats what they're gonna get. Its not that I dont think guys should go pro or get boards. Im just sick of people claiming they're going to get so and so's board, cause no your not. your just going to buy another Busenitze or Janowski or whatever is is you've been buying.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2010, 11:10:52 PM »
Or maybe your buying patterns don't reflect everyone else's?

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2010, 11:12:31 PM »
ya know I hear all the time, "Oh I love that guy he should be pro, I'd get his board" but really I think all three of these guys will get board sales becacuse thier boards will be DLX boards. Its going to be more about it being DLX and the right size then it wil be about some one wanting a chima board.

wanting a Cardiel board, I can see that. Wanting a Busenitze board, I can see that. Dan Drehoble board, yup, I garentee that people go looking for those too. But, not many people are going to go in and demand a chima board. Even if they kinda want one, they'll just get another board in the size they want. Where as some one like Koston or P rod, if a kid wants their board well thats what they're gonna get. Its not that I dont think guys should go pro or get boards. Im just sick of people claiming they're going to get so and so's board, cause no your not. your just going to buy another Busenitze or Janowski or whatever is is you've been buying.

I once answered a phone call at the shop i work at with a person requesting an ernie torres board. he wasn't too interested in any other dlx board w/o ernies name on it.

Tarquin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 423
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2010, 06:22:55 AM »
I went out of my way to buy Andrew Allen's first board as well as Justin Brock's and i'd probably do the same if Chima, Pfanner, Mike Anderson or James Hardy got boards and they were the right size.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 06:25:59 AM by Tarquin »

Cuong Ngo

« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2010, 06:27:30 AM »

i agree with you sfa on this for kids around 18 and up, however i feel like still the market for younger kids still buy boards because it this so and so is the new up and comer. i remember i did when i was young and baught a brian wenning board.

Dirtyjersey

• Rep: -4
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2010, 07:46:29 AM »
MANDERSON

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2010, 08:18:57 AM »
I don't think there are three pros coming up... but the conversartions between Mic E, Jim, and some other dude I don't know on Twitter there are pics of one deck (not with the graphic):
http://tweetphoto.com/19797303

Edited to add: I don't know if the link is working right... here's the other dude's gallery ("HARDflip612"): http://tweetphoto.com/user/1542620
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 08:32:30 AM by grimcity »

luke_gardner

• Rep: -40
  • Chicagoooo
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2010, 09:15:10 AM »
i just want to throw my two cents into the ring regarding pro boards.

i don't think i've ever bought a board because it was a certain pro's board. i don't know how board royalties work (i'm guessing that they basically don't work based on "how many boards kids purchase" and is more "how many shops ordered the board"). i consider these things, in this order, to be important when buying a board: size, shape, price, brand, graphic. i've never seen a board and thought: "man, i really like that guy's skating. i was hoping to get an 8.5 but i'll get this 7.75 just because he's so sick!" that seems unrealistic.

generally, i don't notice if someone is skating a pro's board unless the board is new (read: not all marked up) or they're standing around a lot flashing that shit. if they are skating some pro's board, sweet! but i don't think that purchasing a pro's board equates to money in that pro's pocket (too bad!) - and basically, the name on a board is out of sight and out of mind when i'm skating. as far as i can tell, having a certain name on your board doesn't affect your skating.

it reminds me of middle school to be preoccupied with who's board you're riding. seems juvenile and silly. but it's all gravy if there's money in the bank at the end of the day.

Carolozoo

• Rep: 3
    • carolozoo avatar image
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2010, 09:30:32 AM »
Damian Bravo deserves at least one promodel for the long term realationship

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2010, 09:59:13 AM »
no when i am skating my shut deck i feel the extra urge to skate only street shit
when i am skating a gino board i am all about back tails and shit
when i skate a anti hero board i shred pools
when i skate pops board i didnt even skate i just chilled on a bandsaw
ONTARIO CANADA

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2010, 10:06:30 AM »
Damian Bravo deserves at least one promodel for the long term realationship

Or even a guest model or something. Just seems odd to not give him any kind of recognition.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

S.F.A.

• Rep: 17
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2010, 11:13:43 AM »
I just want to chime in again and let everyone know that I am in no way against these guys getting boards. I just want to see people acting on things when they say a small underground company is great but they buy a DLX board, or they complain about a guy "deserving" a board but then no one buys it when they get one.

For example, how many of you have bought a Pete Edridge board?

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2010, 11:27:01 AM »
I just want to chime in again and let everyone know that I am in no way against these guys getting boards. I just want to see people acting on things when they say a small underground company is great but they buy a DLX board, or they complain about a guy "deserving" a board but then no one buys it when they get one.

Definitely agree. I think later in age, you just get whatever is your size or whatever is cheap. I love all DLX riders but when it comes to getting a board, I have to get some small Krooked board since I am still in the 90's era of skating 7.5" decks. Even when Justin Brock turned pro, I couldn't even back dude cause all he rides are 8" decks. I think I made a comment on here and actually even got a e-mail from Jim Thiebaud asking if I wanted a custom sized Real board with Justin's graphic on it. Sadly after 4 e-mails, the never got back to me  but nonetheless, I have to ride all non-pro boards cause everyone is riding huge decks nowadays.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin

Nameuser

• Rep: -57
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2010, 11:33:37 AM »

No one "deserves" shit.......it's skateboarding.  You owe skateboarding, it doesn't owe you.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2010, 12:16:41 PM »
the people who are just starting out aren't too picky about anything.  they tend to buy boards based on whos name is on it and the color/graphic more so than anything else.

the people who have been skating a while are picky as shit about everything.  they tend to buy boards based on size and shape more than anything else. 

that said, i've heard all of one kid around here talk about chima, just one.  he could be the most gifted deserving skater but hes far from a household name which means, if the guy has never heard of the chima and the kid isn't feeling the color/graphic, its just not going to sell no matter how awesome chima is.

i can only speak from my own experience so this might not be true to all shops.  chima isn't exactly lurking around NYC so i don't expect him to be too big around here but i'm sure whatever place he grew up skating will sell the hell out of his boards.  i.e.  malto sells crazy boards in kansas as opposed to new hampshire.   

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2010, 12:28:36 PM »
Speaking of Chima. New ad.

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2010, 12:35:49 PM »
jimt43 RT @grimcity @MICKEYDLX http://tiny.cc/sd4c2 ...what the hell? Fly me over there, bet I can get it back. Thanks Grim we're on it....

More Twitter stuff... check the tiny.cc link. The original tweet was from me (if you don't understand twitter comment syntax).

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2010, 01:15:55 PM »
Expand Quote
jimt43 RT @grimcity @MICKEYDLX http://tiny.cc/sd4c2 ...what the hell? Fly me over there, bet I can get it back. Thanks Grim we're on it....
[close]

More Twitter stuff... check the tiny.cc link. The original tweet was from me (if you don't understand twitter comment syntax).
Is this some play off that iPhone 4G "left at a bar" type shit?

Baby Gerber

• Rep: -54
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2010, 02:41:15 PM »
I love no one said Damien Bravo. hahahahha!
;)

westside skateshop

• Rep: 6
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2010, 03:20:00 PM »
I WISH!!!

damian bravo? probably not, but that would be awesome

crest

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2010, 07:25:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
fuck that website. i hope dlx burns them.

hekkahyphy

« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2010, 08:04:35 PM »

lame as this may sound i go through my phases, and never heard of damian bravo probably till like when that deluxe summer tour video dropped. i loved bravos skating but didnt know how to see any of his skating...

hekkahyphy

« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2010, 08:11:47 PM »
I don't think there are three pros coming up... but the conversartions between Mic E, Jim, and some other dude I don't know on Twitter there are pics of one deck (not with the graphic):
http://tweetphoto.com/19797303

Edited to add: I don't know if the link is working right... here's the other dude's gallery ("HARDflip612"): http://tweetphoto.com/user/1542620

i think he deleted the tweet =/ but from what i remember he said he was so psyched on the 3 new deluxe pros even though one of them said something about him idr...i new i shlda copied and pasted it haha

basedhead

• Rep: -3
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2010, 08:28:53 PM »
the people who are just starting out aren't too picky about anything.  they tend to buy boards based on whos name is on it and the color/graphic more so than anything else.

the people who have been skating a while are picky as shit about everything.  they tend to buy boards based on size and shape more than anything else. 

that said, i've heard all of one kid around here talk about chima, just one.  he could be the most gifted deserving skater but hes far from a household name which means, if the guy has never heard of the chima and the kid isn't feeling the color/graphic, its just not going to sell no matter how awesome chima is.

i can only speak from my own experience so this might not be true to all shops.  chima isn't exactly lurking around NYC so i don't expect him to be too big around here but i'm sure whatever place he grew up skating will sell the hell out of his boards.  i.e.  malto sells crazy boards in kansas as opposed to new hampshire.   

this..... chima boards will sell rapidly in australia, everyone loves the guy and his skating.

The Math Professor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2010, 08:30:59 PM »
Three new Deluxe pros?  Damian Bravo, David Clark & Pkid?

Sizzla

• Rep: 223
  • I luv I jah
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2010, 09:39:03 PM »
Don't like Chima, looks like a batty boy and skates like Trapasso kinda. Don't think he fits on Real, don't even ever see him hanging with the team. He should get on Almost or one of those companies. Damien has paid his dues, give him a board.
I an I haff nah white god

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2010, 10:14:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
fuck that website. i hope dlx burns them.

Damn....they're really trying to make a whole thing about this. Dude's are going to get murked.

http://www.medicineagency.com/did-we-find-the-new-real-pro-deck-prototype/
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2010, 12:52:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

lame as this may sound i go through my phases, and never heard of damian bravo probably till like when that deluxe summer tour video dropped. i loved bravos skating but didnt know how to see any of his skating...

uhhh, Real to Reel?

"I aint no joke"

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2010, 01:03:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

uhhh, Real to Reel?

"I aint no joke"

Has he been on REAL for 10 + years?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArI6Qpq80qE
And what happened to Phil Mackie?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCgJ74jxNIQ&feature=related
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 01:05:46 PM by Bubblegum Tate »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me