Author Topic: Bones HardCore Bushings  (Read 31926 times)

The Brown Eye

Re: Bones HardCore Bushings
« Reply #150 on: August 03, 2011, 04:37:03 PM »
How is everyone getting replacements just like that? I emailed Bones with the same problem and they're telling me that I can send them in if I want, and they will determine if they're defective. I'm not going to go through all that effort for bushings since I would have to buy some bushings anyways if I mailed them in. It's just that reading other people's experiences on here I thought they would reply differently haha.

H8R part 4

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #151 on: August 03, 2011, 05:08:05 PM »
How is everyone getting replacements just like that? I emailed Bones with the same problem and they're telling me that I can send them in if I want, and they will determine if they're defective. I'm not going to go through all that effort for bushings since I would have to buy some bushings anyways if I mailed them in. It's just that reading other people's experiences on here I thought they would reply differently haha.

because any asshole can rifle off an email claiming their bushings are fucked up trying to score free bushings off them.
and really, why should they "go through all that effort for bushings", when you're too lazy to do the same? 
you can't expect someone to do something you yourself wouldn't do.

« Reply #152 on: August 03, 2011, 07:07:40 PM »

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #153 on: August 03, 2011, 08:05:47 PM »
Not bones

but has anybody tried these?
http://www.khiroskateboardproducts.com/GoldInsertBushings.htm
my friend has the medium-hard yellows (not the gold tops, just the regular silver ones. I assume they're the same.) They turn pretty well, a little stiffer than bones mediums. He seems to like them, and the fact that you don't need a top or a bottom washer is pretty nice.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #154 on: August 04, 2011, 08:09:17 AM »
i sent them a photo of mine.  so they had some kind of proof.

not to say they won't believe you but anybody can steal pic and email it. 
i think thats why they're asking dudes to mail them in now?, too many dudes tried to play them.

Expand Quote
Not bones

[close]
my friend has the medium-hard yellows (not the gold tops, just the regular silver ones. I assume they're the same.) They turn pretty well, a little stiffer than bones mediums. He seems to like them, and the fact that you don't need a top or a bottom washer is pretty nice.

i believe khiro came out with the washerless bushing first but they're a little more expensive than the bones because of the metal inserts but theres less of a chance of them blowing out like the plastic bones ones. 
i'm running the bones mediums right now and i'm just using the bottom washer on my indys.  what sucks is i have the kingpin nut just tight enough so it won't fall off.  if can toss both washers, i know i can ride a little looser which is definitely a plus.   

mattyc

• Rep: -6
« Reply #155 on: August 04, 2011, 08:35:41 AM »

I had to send my defective one in as well.  It wasn't a hassle. it took me all of 5 minutes and 2 stamps.  Suck it up and send them in, or suck it up and buy new ones. It's your choice.  I had new one's in less than a week btw.
-mattyc

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 217
« Reply #156 on: August 04, 2011, 06:29:13 PM »

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Not bones

[close]
[close]

i believe khiro came out with the washerless bushing first but they're a little more expensive than the bones because of the metal inserts but theres less of a chance of them blowing out like the plastic bones ones. 
i'm running the bones mediums right now and i'm just using the bottom washer on my indys.  what sucks is i have the kingpin nut just tight enough so it won't fall off.  if can toss both washers, i know i can ride a little looser which is definitely a plus.   

I'd stay away from any integrated washing design. The Khiro metal washer has a shaft in the middle that digs into and tears apart the bushing.

The whole idea behind built-in washers, and bottom cone bushings in general, was that conventional bushings tended to squish out on sharp turns. The bonded washer keeps the bushing from deforming under load (while cone bushings push into itself and prevents outward force). All you really need to do is cut a donut from griptape and stick it to the bottom washer to prevent this.

Reggie Nobles

• Rep: 84
  • oh no
« Reply #157 on: August 04, 2011, 06:49:05 PM »
Ok SLAP, I just picked up a set of yellow bones for my indy's. The question is should I have the bottom washer on or off?

mattyc

• Rep: -6
« Reply #158 on: August 04, 2011, 06:54:28 PM »
Ok SLAP, I just picked up a set of yellow bones for my indy's. The question is should I have the bottom washer on or off?

Bottom washer=off
-mattyc

hesaidwhat?

• Rep: -2
« Reply #159 on: August 04, 2011, 07:18:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Bottom washer=off
depends on how loose you ride. without a bottom washer the angle that the hanger sits at changes which changes the turning geometry of the truck. i ride bottom washer for this reason and top washer to help protect the top busing from the nut. My kingpin nut is just flush with the kingpin. If you want to ride looser than that than you can take out the bottom washer because the difference it makes is minimal. really just an ocd thing. so if you like your trucks tight enough to have both washers on and the kingpin nut not falling off, which is still pretty loose, then do it. ride without it if you like your shit hella loose

Reggie Nobles

• Rep: 84
  • oh no
« Reply #160 on: August 04, 2011, 10:50:32 PM »
Alright you definitely convinced me to put both washers on. Props on that breakdown hesaidwhat  8)

Archers of Chaka

• Rep: -10
« Reply #161 on: December 05, 2011, 11:23:35 PM »
So I just got new set of these today, the mediums. I've had a set before in the past but they deteriorated after only two months, but for the two months they lasted they were great. I needed new bushings so i figured id give these another go. As I was putting these bushings onto my truck i noticed that they were kinda hard to get onto the kingpin, i had to kinda force em on. One of the top bushings just slid in a little too easily though. I took a look at it and it turns out that they drilled the hole in the bushing a little bit wider than usual, which is why it slid down the kingpin so easily. When i wiggle the bushing when its on the kingpin it has just a teeny bit of play since the hole is a little bit bigger than usual. I set em up and it feels normal, doesnt feel like anything is wrong when im riding. I was wondering should I just skate em like that or should i try to return em or contact bones? Would the bushing deteriorate faster since the hole is wider than usual, or should i have no problems?

myrrh

• Rep: 2
« Reply #162 on: December 11, 2011, 07:19:09 AM »
What trucks do you guys use them in? I've had the same mediums in my indys for half a year now, no problems.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #163 on: December 11, 2011, 06:16:13 PM »
So I just got new set of these today, the mediums. I've had a set before in the past but they deteriorated after only two months, but for the two months they lasted they were great. I needed new bushings so i figured id give these another go. As I was putting these bushings onto my truck i noticed that they were kinda hard to get onto the kingpin, i had to kinda force em on. One of the top bushings just slid in a little too easily though. I took a look at it and it turns out that they drilled the hole in the bushing a little bit wider than usual, which is why it slid down the kingpin so easily. When i wiggle the bushing when its on the kingpin it has just a teeny bit of play since the hole is a little bit bigger than usual. I set em up and it feels normal, doesnt feel like anything is wrong when im riding. I was wondering should I just skate em like that or should i try to return em or contact bones? Would the bushing deteriorate faster since the hole is wider than usual, or should i have no problems?
classic wait and see situation.

ceg

• Rep: -1
« Reply #164 on: December 12, 2011, 01:50:23 PM »
I sent them bushings & SWISS BEARINGS to them and I got a cert. mail receipt and they told me they never got the BEARINGS
I will never waste my money on SkateOne products again. 

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #165 on: December 13, 2011, 10:16:18 AM »
I sent them bushings & SWISS BEARINGS to them and I got a cert. mail receipt and they told me they never got the BEARINGS
I will never waste my money on SkateOne products again. 
they sent me replacement bushings, they arrived in 2,5 weeks and i live in europe.

What

• Rep: 0
« Reply #166 on: December 15, 2011, 07:30:43 AM »
I had the same problem they don't return swiss bearings.
But they do replace bushings

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #167 on: December 15, 2011, 12:09:05 PM »
riding the mediums, they feel great, but my trucks are real loose (thuunder 149's) and am thinking of going for hard ones next time, anyone notice much diff in the two?
i just wonder cos i find i get alot of wheelbite

PS
I LOVE SKATEBOARD NERDERY
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

Archers of Chaka

• Rep: -10
« Reply #168 on: December 17, 2011, 06:43:11 AM »
riding the mediums, they feel great, but my trucks are real loose (thuunder 149's) and am thinking of going for hard ones next time, anyone notice much diff in the two?
i just wonder cos i find i get alot of wheelbite
I was at the shop and i set up some of the hard ones to try em out and holy shit, they were stiff as all hell. I had both washers on, so i took off the bottom washers and tried em again with only the top washer on and they were still too tight feeling. I had em on as loose as they would go too. I would say i ride my trucks on the tighter side of medium, but they just felt a little too tight to me. They didn't have as much give to them when i would turn/lean a certain way like the mediums did. I ended up getting a set of the mediums cause the hards just felt too stiff to me. A friend was telling me that once you skate the hards for a bit they end up getting softer and they get that medium tight feel, but fuck that, i dont wanna spend time breaking in bushings to get em to feel a certain way (especially now in the cold ass winter time, worst of all times to break in bushings) when i could just go for the mediums and have that feeling right off the bat.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #169 on: December 18, 2011, 10:18:59 AM »
I've been using these for like 3 years now..I've been able to fit em into Indys, Thunders and Royals with no problems. I had so much trouble fitting them into venture hi's. if i did get em in the bottom one would bulge out, so i just used the stock top one. Bones bushings are the shit!
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[