Author Topic: Call Of Duty: Black Ops  (Read 22669 times)

john04o8

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -27
Re: Call Of Duty: Black Ops
« Reply #180 on: January 26, 2011, 03:25:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i played for 4 hours today and played start to finish 3 games. Probably entered more then 30 games in total, half of which were games less then 1 minute from completion (opposite team crushing victory), the rest were disconnects. Its really disheartening to think i spent 60 dollars on a game i really cant play most of the time.

When it works, its super fun, but thats becoming a minority, and it seems pretty often the games i get are 1-3 bar max. 3 bar may seem good, it should be good, but the irritation from dropping a clip into some guy then dying from one bullet, watching the killlcam and seeing me not shoot at all then checking theatre mode and showing me doing nothing for 5 seconds and him shooting me. so fucking annoying.

Also i'm having a real hard time playing games with a team, can never find a game with a full party and no one ever wants to play HQ as a party...
HQ is the fastest way to prestige and offers more kills then any other game mode hands down. if your winning its easy 10k xp per game of score and kills alone, not including challenges.
[close]
whats your rank on kino der toten? mine is 31 and thanks for the prestiging read tips i usually prestige in 2 days
[close]

2 days? Takes me two week or so to prestige, I mostly play at night though. I want some tips :D
i took that dudes tip by doing headqaurters but i get hella shot up like crazy so i gave up on it.  i usually just use mp5k till lvl 10 then use the skorpion then the best ak74u and for the modes to level is domination or ground war and also follow the challenges, thats all i can think of right now.  (use hardline perk, sleight of hand and marathon) and this will make you in a "fiend mode" to slaughter every single motherfucker that gets in your way >:(
BTW what you use tate?

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: Call Of Duty: Black Ops-"First Strike" Map pack 2-1-11
« Reply #181 on: January 26, 2011, 11:48:22 PM »
I ONLY play hardcore search and destroy. (You get a lots of point playing hardcore, that's if you only get kills). I don't even fuck with core. Sometimes TDM or HQ. But only hardcore.

For hardcore search I use (most of the time):

lightweight.

Sleight of hand.

Ninja.

Usually the Mp5 or a small gun so i can rush faster.

Gail to noobtube and random guns to use when i level up

I never even tried to snipe in this game, fuck that.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

john04o8

« Reply #182 on: January 27, 2011, 01:21:43 PM »
I ONLY play hardcore search and destroy. (You get a lots of point playing hardcore, that's if you only get kills). I don't even fuck with core. Sometimes TDM or HQ. But only hardcore.

lightweight.

Sleight of hand.

Ninja.

the sniping could be better in this game but its trash just wait for mw3
but whats ur playstation i.d. maybe we can play zombies or the modes u play

ROFLCOCKTOR

• Rep: 9
  • soisoisoisoisoi
« Reply #183 on: January 27, 2011, 06:52:49 PM »
mw3 is pretty much gonna be blacks op but set in the now. the lawsuit between activision and the IW founders and staff is still ongoing and it includes the premise of modern warfare as well as the IW3 engine. MW3 is being developed mostly by treyarch with some IW employees left over but none of the creative heads or lead producers and designers.
So basically imagine Black Ops look and feel but set in 2011 (if its released at all, the trial is set for march and its entirely possible that the IW founders, now called Respawn Entertainment, could file an injunction against any new COD;MW title from ever being released).

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #184 on: January 27, 2011, 09:40:04 PM »
Expand Quote

lightweight.

Sleight of hand.

Ninja.

[close]
the sniping could be better in this game but its trash just wait for mw3
but whats ur playstation i.d. maybe we can play zombies or the modes u play

i fucksssssss with the xbox 360
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 183
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #185 on: January 28, 2011, 01:58:42 AM »
hardcore search eh? i tried it out, but found that there were way too many dudes with ghost sitting in dark corners for my liking. currently about to prestige so i'm loving ground war and abusing the china lake while i still can on those over populated flags.

also, there's a new glitch since patch 1.06. when you down someone, keep shooting at their body or knife it and you'll get another kill and they'll just die where ever they spawned. i was spawning and bleeding out at the same time wondering what the fuck was going on and looked it up. gotta abuse that while you can too.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #186 on: January 28, 2011, 02:24:59 AM »
hardcore search eh? i tried it out, but found that there were way too many dudes with ghost sitting in dark corners for my liking. currently about to prestige so i'm loving ground war and abusing the china lake while i still can on those over populated flags.

also, there's a new glitch since patch 1.06. when you down someone, keep shooting at their body or knife it and you'll get another kill and they'll just die where ever they spawned. i was spawning and bleeding out at the same time wondering what the fuck was going on and looked it up. gotta abuse that while you can too.

That's the challenge, rushing is the key to that. Anything HQ i'm down for. People just get plain lucky in core mode. I guess i'm the few who strictly play hardcore?

ROFLCOCKTOR

• soisoisoisoisoi
« Reply #187 on: January 28, 2011, 03:37:38 PM »
Theres more luck in HC then regular mode for sure, HC is essentially one bullet kills and its almost entirely being lucky in one shot.
Thats why camping is so popular. In regular mode someone may get the drop on you but if you are 'skilled' enough (react fast enough really) you can kill them even being at the disadvantage. Thats more skill then just simply being there first which is entirely what HC is about. Much more skill is to be obtained in the barebones playlist than HC.

Also if last stand was ever overpowered it absoloutly is in HC. There is nothing and I mean nothing, more infuriating then dropping someone to last stand across with a snippy raffle and having them kill you with one late reactionary bullet from last stand cross map.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #188 on: January 28, 2011, 09:17:18 PM »
Theres more luck in HC then regular mode for sure, HC is essentially one bullet kills and its almost entirely being lucky in one shot.
Thats why camping is so popular. In regular mode someone may get the drop on you but if you are 'skilled' enough (react fast enough really) you can kill them even being at the disadvantage. Thats more skill then just simply being there first which is entirely what HC is about. Much more skill is to be obtained in the barebones playlist than HC.

Also if last stand was ever overpowered it absoloutly is in HC. There is nothing and I mean nothing, more infuriating then dropping someone to last stand across with a snippy raffle and having them kill you with one late reactionary bullet from last stand cross map.

This is true, last stand is a bitch. Waste a whole clip on a dude just to get him down, then it just takes him one shot to kill you.

john04o8

« Reply #189 on: January 31, 2011, 03:34:35 AM »
anyone play search and destroy, i think this one is thee fastest way to level up if your a cold blooded killer
i think i beat my record of 2 days prestige by a day in a half

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #190 on: February 01, 2011, 03:11:25 AM »
getting this shit now, anybody tryin to play zombies on the new map???

john04o8

« Reply #191 on: February 01, 2011, 02:06:34 PM »
$15 bucks right? idk i just hate the connection errors sometimes, is it worth it?

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #192 on: February 01, 2011, 02:13:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
$15 bucks right? idk i just hate the connection errors sometimes, is it worth it?
it takes like 5-10 minutes to download. new zombie map is really great and the other maps are just as fun. i think its worth it

john04o8

« Reply #193 on: February 01, 2011, 02:18:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
it takes like 5-10 minutes to download. new zombie map is really great and the other maps are just as fun. i think its worth it
please tell me you got a ps3

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #194 on: February 01, 2011, 02:23:45 PM »
xobox 360 :-[

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #195 on: February 01, 2011, 09:59:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
please tell me you got a ps3

PS3 gets it a month after xbox release.

Xbox 360 is always first  :)

Stadium and Kowloon is my favorite

earlygrab

« Reply #196 on: February 02, 2011, 11:42:32 AM »
can't stand COD, so yes this made me laugh. BFBC2 FTW.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #197 on: February 03, 2011, 01:40:31 AM »
can't stand COD, so yes this made me laugh. BFBC2 FTW.

That was funny, but ill never play BFBC2. No thanks

ROFLCOCKTOR

• soisoisoisoisoi
Re: Call Of Duty: Black Ops-"First Strike" Map pack Out now
« Reply #198 on: February 03, 2011, 11:59:18 AM »
I hate the idea of voting with my wallet, but I really should do it more often.

I do not in any way accept that 15 dollars is worth it for 4 new maps and a zombie mode and on principle i should not buy it. Buying it would only cement the idea in activisions head that they can release 70-90% of a finished game and release the remaining content (that in most cases is ALREADY designed and tested before launch) for 15 dollars every 3 months.

And I cant rant this as well as this guy did so;

There was a time when gamers used to have access to everything on the disc.  Every feature, costume, character or level could be unlocked through skill, sheer time investment, or cheat codes.  Now, these features simply cost money, even if they're already on the disc that you already paid for.  Many companies began this generation using this business model for DLC, but have since come to realize how to offer actual value with extra content.  EA started by offering all manner of ridiculous in-game objects for sale, even down to paying real money for in-game currency in games like The Godfather.  They have since taken a more sensible approach to DLC, but Capcom was right there to pick up their slack, seeing fit to charge us for a Versus mode in Resident Evil 5 and extra characters in the upcoming Marvel vs Capcom 3 (that are already on the disc) just to name a few.  EA and Capcom are not alone in this practice, of course, they're just 2 of the more high-profile offenders.  Along similar lines, publishers simply overcharge for DLC much of the time, especially if it was not on the disc to begin with.  Map packs for games like the Call of Duty series began at $10 for 4-5 new maps (still a bit pricey) and now cost $15 for even less new content.  How soon before these packs cost $20?  $25?  Honestly, publishers aren't the only ones to blame for this, since people paid the higher price by the millions.  If you vote with your wallets, changes will be made to suit us better.  I know it's extremely important to have the latest maps for Generic Shooter #14,903, but shouldn't they be available at a reasonable price?
http://www.leftrightup.com/2010/12/5-worst-trends-of-this-console.html

However I lack will power and shooting fake bullets at fake people on the latest colorful map is probably worth more to me then the $15 dollars i will lose, so a purchase will happen and i will continue to be what is wrong with this console generation.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 12:02:21 PM by ROFLCOCKTOR »

john04o8

« Reply #199 on: February 03, 2011, 02:11:08 PM »
dam i got to lvl 48 yesterday played for 12 hrs, i gotta get some fresh air and skate :)

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #200 on: February 04, 2011, 01:19:47 AM »
I tried playing core in the new map pack, looks like ill stick to playing hardcore for good. Hope they make a update with more hardcore modes. Hardcore domination would be super sick.

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
« Reply #201 on: February 04, 2011, 12:22:32 PM »
dbl xp ftw
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #202 on: February 06, 2011, 02:21:50 AM »
dbl xp ftw

Playing for around 2 hours, I leveled up from 1-33. Hardcore search, it;s a bitch at times. Since you have to actually get kills to level up. Some games I went like 2-6, 3-7, 1-5. Best game I had was 13-1 at Kowloon
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 02:23:28 AM by Bubblegum Tate »

Guile

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #203 on: February 06, 2011, 02:39:51 AM »
ive had at least 4 matches of FFA that ended with 20,000xp and a couple tdm's like that. tomorrow is going to be all rain so its my s&d day.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #204 on: February 10, 2011, 04:39:58 AM »
i had a tdm with 35,000 xp this weekend, gonna miss the double xp :( been ranking up slowly though as I think more about my k/d than I do my rank

whats everyones k/d at, you can check it on the combat record page under the "weapons" tab

2.16 for me, i've seen dudes with upwards of 5, I have no fucking idea how that is possible

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #205 on: February 10, 2011, 05:35:23 AM »
the only new map thats fun is discovery. but i dont have them.

add me guyz! gamertag: ahl33

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 183
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #206 on: February 10, 2011, 10:25:13 AM »
i'm trying to prestige as much as i can before i move to greece and give up gaming.

currently at a 1.35 k/d on my 13th prestige. more of an objective player if that's any excuse, not really a big killstreak or 50 kill a match guy. usually run spy plane, counter, and napalm. the napalms can really clean up, b-52's are the shit too.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 10:28:30 AM by pile »

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #207 on: February 11, 2011, 10:30:51 PM »
i'm trying to prestige as much as i can before i move to greece and give up gaming.

currently at a 1.35 k/d on my 13th prestige. more of an objective player if that's any excuse, not really a big killstreak or 50 kill a match guy. usually run spy plane, counter, and napalm. the napalms can really clean up, b-52's are the shit too.

I Still dont know how to use that damn thing, all i know is that there is that cone shape target, but wherever i call it out. It never goes where i want it too.

Guile

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #208 on: February 28, 2011, 07:23:07 PM »
made 15th prestige this morning, time to get all my guns gold and try out that zombie shit
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #209 on: March 04, 2011, 02:01:47 AM »
made 15th prestige this morning, time to get all my guns gold and try out that zombie shit

Sick, well its double xp weekend. Till the 7th