Author Topic: World Cup 2010  (Read 33408 times)

Mooley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: World Cup 2010
« Reply #750 on: July 12, 2010, 12:19:23 PM »
Even Van Marwijk is saying the better team won, I don't know how people can try to take that away from Spain. Utterly classless from Robben and Sneijder to come out and say that the ref robbed them and this and that. Spain taking the FIFA Fairplay award too, comedy.

I wish they played better through the tournament, but I'm glad they won.

Really stoked for Forlan though. Fully deserves the golden ball, great tournament for him. FIFA kind of blew it with their list of contenders though.

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #751 on: July 12, 2010, 12:28:43 PM »
The kick on the chest that de jong gave can happen, it's a yellow card.

Demy de zeeuw got a kick in the face and minus 2 teeth and the guy didn't got anything.

heitinga didn't deserve a red card.
Van bommel did
Puyol and iniesta also deserved a red card.

The goal kick where the goal came from actually was a corner because it was touched by 2!!! spanish players.

Spain was better but holland was kind of robbed.

Oh yeah and iniesta had some major schwalbes, he stepped on the foot of a dutch player and iniesta fell on the ground. That's yellow.
Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #752 on: July 12, 2010, 12:44:17 PM »
The thing is, I think if you look at it the Dutch were walking the tightrope with all their fouls. Not like individual incidents, but just persistent questionable fouling. You can point the finger at players like Iniesta and the one Puyol incident but the Spanish were drawing more fouls than they were committing.

It doesn't really matter, it was a wholly unsatisfying final. You'd expect better from both teams, and for being one of the best possible final matchups, it really deserved a better game.

lazy

• formerly lazy bars
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • A Man is Nothing Without Himself
« Reply #753 on: July 12, 2010, 01:27:11 PM »
^^True.  Fabregas should have had more playing time as well.

he should have but wasn't he injured/coming back from an injury?

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #754 on: July 12, 2010, 03:09:43 PM »
The thing is, I think if you look at it the Dutch were walking the tightrope with all their fouls. Not like individual incidents, but just persistent questionable fouling. You can point the finger at players like Iniesta and the one Puyol incident but the Spanish were drawing more fouls than they were committing.

It doesn't really matter, it was a wholly unsatisfying final. You'd expect better from both teams, and for being one of the best possible final matchups, it really deserved a better game.

The better team won. Some of the dutch (van bommel, heitinga, de jong) get way to much cards. They have to be more careful.

Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #755 on: July 12, 2010, 03:19:28 PM »
Expand Quote
^^True.  Fabregas should have had more playing time as well.
[close]

he should have but wasn't he injured/coming back from an injury?
I think he was, but he still looked like a threat every time he stepped on the pitch.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #756 on: July 12, 2010, 07:58:58 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The better team won. Some of the dutch (van bommel, heitinga, de jong) get way to much cards. They have to be more careful.

I hope you are joking about Van Bommel. The dude gets away with murder.

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #757 on: July 13, 2010, 01:40:55 AM »
The kick on the chest that de jong gave can happen, it's a yellow card.

Demy de zeeuw got a kick in the face and minus 2 teeth and the guy didn't got anything.

heitinga didn't deserve a red card.
Van bommel did
Puyol and iniesta also deserved a red card.

The goal kick where the goal came from actually was a corner because it was touched by 2!!! spanish players.

Spain was better but holland was kind of robbed.

Oh yeah and iniesta had some major schwalbes, he stepped on the foot of a dutch player and iniesta fell on the ground. That's yellow.

I don't know dude, De Jong would probably have gotten sent off for that shit by most other refs. And Iniesta did not deserve a red card at all. The foot he stepped on was there as a result of the tackle that knocked him over and it's silly to say that he should have gotten a straight red for the retaliatory foul. So much shoving goes on in the penalty area or after contested calls that is worse than what he did. The ref I guess understood his frustration after he was knocked over by one of the dudes who had been crawling up his ass all night and responded in a pragmatic fashion.

Puyol probably should have been carded and that goal kick was obviously a totally bogus call but shit happens. Regardless, to say that Holland was robbed is to discount the disgraceful manner in which they were playing for most of the game.

loophole

« Reply #758 on: July 13, 2010, 03:45:59 AM »
iniesta deserved two yellows for multiple things, the ankle-stepping was not one of them

Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -152
« Reply #759 on: July 18, 2010, 10:06:25 AM »
Really late, just returned from 2 weeks of vacation, but nonetheless

ESPANAAAAAA