98 (60.5%)
im blown away
23 (14.2%)
did pay, worth it
11 (6.8%)
did pay, wasted $3
7 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 125

Author Topic: All Nugget Support/Hate/Don't Care Threads Merged Here  (Read 39250 times)

Manolo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
Re: "Would you pay $3 to watch that?"
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2010, 02:42:21 AM »
It's normal that pros get paid,it's not argueable.

but i've always considered skatevideos as promotion to sell a brand,an image.
so in my opinion all skate videos should be free cause in the end,even if it's spike jonze directed and art and years of hard work...............................if you're selling a product via the video,it's advertising.
would you pay for advertising?

dimitri

• Rep: -3
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2010, 03:19:21 AM »
So you don't see the difference between a skate video and advertisement?

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2010, 03:46:07 AM »
Do you?
it's mixed,it's always selling something on some level.
going extreme,a video with no sponsors and skaters using only unmarked gear and wear?only skateboard.no business.

but what i think in fact is fuckin nike sb corporation should give 3 bucks to shane o neill everytime someone watches his video,where he is promoting their products.
if you think "theyre already paying him" well obviously berra don't think it's enough.

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2010, 03:57:41 AM »
Do you?
it's mixed,it's always selling something on some level.
going extreme,a video with no sponsors and skaters using only unmarked gear and wear?only skateboard.no business.

but what i think in fact is fuckin nike sb corporation should give 3 bucks to shane o neill everytime someone watches his video,where he is promoting their products.
if you think "theyre already paying him" well obviously berra don't think it's enough.

I understand what you are saying, but it's dumb.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

other2

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2010, 04:37:32 AM »
Fuck the Berrics

GnArcIsSisTic

« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2010, 04:53:52 AM »
Thoughts on Deluxe's 'Shop Connect'?

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -118
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2010, 05:33:42 AM »
so instead of giving back to the kids that like the berrics, they are taking from them.

Albinskejt

• Rep: -6
  • Japp
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2010, 06:16:59 AM »
I'm with Manolo,skatevideos that promotes a brand is advertising.
Check out my original thought: Chris Cole does some ugly tricks and has wack kit! I'm super edgy and interesting because of my controversial opinions.

In Lieu

• Rep: 15
  • happy go hatred
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2010, 06:21:19 AM »
it's once again not the worst thing, but it's the cynical shadiness employed by them that's annoying, just like the initial whole unified situation. like where they tried to come across like martyrs for their cause with the unified program, here there's been loads of hype built up for the part without the mention of any charge, and then it's casually slipped in at the end like that? fuck that, why not just be straight up about it, it's not entirely unreasonable, if it was on itunes for $3 then fair enough, im sure noone would complain, just come out initially like "shane o neill online premiere, full street part, $3", it's clever marketing because most kids have already taken the bait, but the whole point of skateboarding(idealistically) is that the people involved in the whole hierachy aren't supposed to condescend or treat their peers like a market. kalis i'm sure you can understand why moves like this come across shittilly, whether or not the end justifies the means.
EYTAFIOK

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2010, 06:28:57 AM »
iParts

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2010, 06:59:42 AM »
Would nike Sb pay Shane "X dollars" per view for this Obviously insane berrics part,
since half of the kids who are gonna see this will probably buy some nike shoes?

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2010, 07:06:05 AM »
it's once again not the worst thing, but it's the cynical shadiness employed by them that's annoying, just like the initial whole unified . like where they tried to come across like martyrs for their cause with the unified program, here there's been loads of hype built up for the part without the mention of any charge, and then it's casually slipped in at the end like that? fuck that, why not just be straight up about it, it's not entirely unreasonable, if it was on itunes for $3 then fair enough, im sure noone would complain, just come out initially like "shane o neill online premiere, full street part, $3", it's clever marketing because most kids have already taken the bait, but the whole point of skateboarding(idealistically) is that the people involved in the whole hierachy aren't supposed to condescend or treat their peers like a market. kalis i'm sure you can understand why moves like this come across shittilly, whether or not the end justifies the means.

nobody confirmed that you have to pay for the video part.
you some closet dick-in-da-booty ass nigga.

DGKALIS

• Rep: 533
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2010, 08:40:07 AM »
it's once again not the worst thing, but it's the cynical shadiness employed by them that's annoying, just like the initial whole unified . like where they tried to come across like martyrs for their cause with the unified program, here there's been loads of hype built up for the part without the mention of any charge, and then it's casually slipped in at the end like that? fuck that, why not just be straight up about it, it's not entirely unreasonable, if it was on itunes for $3 then fair enough, im sure noone would complain, just come out initially like "shane o neill online premiere, full street part, $3", it's clever marketing because most kids have already taken the bait, but the whole point of skateboarding(idealistically) is that the people involved in the whole hierachy aren't supposed to condescend or treat their peers like a market. kalis i'm sure you can understand why moves like this come across shittilly, whether or not the end justifies the means.

Nice fucking paragraph...haha. I can see the "hype it up bait".... and that is too bad. And annoying. Can't debate much against that.  ;)

Narcissus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2010, 08:59:34 AM »
I understand what you are saying, but it's dumb.

/everything I have ever heard.
i saw my grandma bail off a 4 set once in my house and she even got up and came to red lobster after.
Quote from: The Kitten!
get wasted and pass out.

The Math Professor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2010, 09:03:24 AM »
Thoughts on Deluxe's 'Shop Connect'?

I tried out the DLX Connect deal at the local shop and it was awesome.  The Berric's deal seems different.

I think it's a great idea for the skaters to get money for their video parts... how much does TWS pay those guys that they have in their videos?  I don't think I would pay $3 to watch any footage filmed at the Berrics.  Maybe if Nike or Skate Mental put out a full Shane part, I'd drop some cash to see that.  Watching skate footage at the Berrics... not so much.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 997
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2010, 09:10:44 AM »
I'd pay a buck fifty for proof that he made out with Taylor Swift though.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2010, 09:11:45 AM »
good luck trying to get kids without credit cards to fork over $3.  
the berrics is baffling at times, whatever.      

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2010, 09:22:12 AM »
I thought that the entire appeal of the berrics was that it was FREE online skateboarding? I don't pay to download a song so chances are, I'm definitely not gonna pay to just watch a video part once.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

skateboardnorth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2010, 09:22:52 AM »

I was just going to say that.  A lot of kids don't have credit cards, or money for that matter.  I like supporting skaters, but you have to also think of the kids that truly love skateboarding and just want to watch a video part.  Are they going to have to mail the Berrics 3$ and wait a week before they can watch the part??  But I don't know why we are worried, it'll be on youtube 5 minutes after the release.

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2010, 09:24:06 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I was just going to say that.  A lot of kids don't have credit cards, or money for that matter.  I like supporting skaters, but you have to also think of the kids that truly love skateboarding and just want to watch a video part.  Are they going to have to mail the Berrics 3$ and wait a week before they can watch the part??  But I don't know why we are worried, it'll be on youtube 5 minutes after the release.

One again, NOBODY EVEN CONFIRMED THAT YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR THIS SHIT.
you some closet dick-in-da-booty ass nigga.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2010, 09:28:20 AM »
^what are you new here?  welcome to slap where we speculate everything. 

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2010, 09:32:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

One again, NOBODY EVEN CONFIRMED THAT YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR THIS SHIT.

Man....
you guys don't have any clue what really crackin over there....lol.

The 3 bucks generated per download goes to Shane. How can you hate on that?

Let me fill you guys in on a few things you may not know.

The goal of the Berrics is to preserve skateboarding on a ground level. They are in the process of implementing the
software that re directs the Canteen orders to the closest Unified shop to the customer.
So the kid in MI orders from the Berrics Canteen... the order is re directed to the closest shop to the kid. Its drop shipped from THAT
shop... the shop just cuts the Berrics a small percent. That.... is sick.

Some video parts released on the Berrics will be sold... the proceeds go to the skater. First time in history a skater can get paid from
his video part. Obviously it won't take long before crumb snatchers and bootleggers upload them shits on youtube... but at least for
a short time the Pro or Am or whoever can make a buck.

Thats just a couple things... more is in the works.... you guys know im a supporter of the Berrics... maybe you some of yous really think these dudes are trying to rape skateboarding.... but its quite the opposite.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2010, 09:42:27 AM »
Pay per view Berrics. As much as this seems like shit, I bet if they had it for the Battle at the Berrics finals, they would make a little bit of pocket change.

As far as Nugget's video is concerned, is this to download or streem? And if so, make it a cool $1 and not $3. I think that might entice more people to buy it if so. The Berrics turning into a regular iTunes now. Insane.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2010, 09:50:54 AM »
these fuckers better not try this with the next Vallely part  >:(
ableSkateMag.com

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2010, 09:55:14 AM »
 is brad staba a real human being or some mega corps puppet because I can't tell the difference these days. selling to nike, selling his riders parts off, its like watching an western company get sold to china and then get gutted for all its organs.

also, what does this says about the direction berras going for with the berrics? charge for ALL the content? it makes sense if you think about it,  if hes charging people to film bangins and united nations parts there should be some direct monetary gain for the filming aside from what people assume they make from advertising.  it starts here with small bits of money but as soon as it gets even bigger its a slippery slope toward rocco-ville and then you have to ask the question, is monetizing everything really "preserving skateboarding on a ground level" ?

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2010, 09:57:22 AM »
why would I pay if I don't know if I'd like it or not

Greco is tricking me

FCN

• Rep: -17
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2010, 09:59:22 AM »
wait, are they charging you to watch their shit now? if they do they will see like a 95 percent drop in views, i dont give a fuck how good the part is. why pay to watch nugget when i can watch skateboarders with better style and trick selection for free on youtube, i do like him but ill never pay for a fucking web clip filmed in borras private park.

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2010, 10:03:13 AM »
it's NOT filmed at the berrics park so it's like totally worth it bro  ;)
ableSkateMag.com

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2010, 10:12:58 AM »
Man....
you guys don't have any clue what really crackin over there....lol.

The 3 bucks generated per download goes to Shane. How can you hate on that?

Let me fill you guys in on a few things you may not know.

The goal of the Berrics is to preserve skateboarding on a ground level. They are in the process of implementing the
software that re directs the Canteen orders to the closest Unified shop to the customer.
So the kid in MI orders from the Berrics Canteen... the order is re directed to the closest shop to the kid. Its drop shipped from THAT
shop... the shop just cuts the Berrics a small percent. That.... is sick.

i agree that it's sick, but dlx is already doing that without charging shops a dime to sign up. so kinda less sick considering the options knawlmeen?

Some video parts released on the Berrics will be sold... the proceeds go to the skater. First time in history a skater can get paid from
his video part. Obviously it won't take long before crumb snatchers and bootleggers upload them shits on youtube... but at least for
a short time the Pro or Am or whoever can make a buck.

this is actually the bomb. any way to help a dude make direct cash is the move by me. power in the hands of the ones who do the work. sounds about right.

Thats just a couple things... more is in the works.... you guys know im a supporter of the Berrics... maybe you some of yous really think these dudes are trying to rape skateboarding.... but its quite the opposite.

i see what you're saying, and it seems like their main issue is getting the right message out about what they're actually doing. they need a new marketing director or maybe just put someone in charge of communications who thinks like a skater instead of trying to make things more dramatic. i think if he made a vid and said exactly what you just said, we'd be all over it (with plenty of speculation about a conspiracy though).  :)

k

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2010, 10:16:40 AM »
i see what you're saying, and it seems like their main issue is getting the right message out about what they're actually doing. they need a new marketing director or maybe just put someone in charge of communications who thinks like a skater instead of trying to make things more dramatic. i think if he made a vid and said exactly what you just said, we'd be all over it (with plenty of speculation about a conspiracy though).  :)

k

there is really no good way for anyone to say "we want your money" but the berrics have been doing a terrible job of it so far.
i understand it and to some degree i'm down for it but they really need to double/triple think this stuff out before releasing it for public ridicule.