Author Topic: Unbeatable games  (Read 6735 times)

Farz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 12
Re: Unbeatable games
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2010, 08:19:12 AM »

100+ levels and NO SAVE POINTS

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2010, 12:09:33 AM »
I remember finishing Robocop for NES and liking the game in general. Both of those Star Wars games for SNES are ridiculously difficult.

Bantam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
  • buhgock
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2010, 09:45:10 AM »
I'm telling you guys - Shadowgate

No one beats it without looking up a guide.  There's no way in Hell you'll ever figure out half the shit you're supposed to do on your own.  Not to mention every little thing you do wrong kills you.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2010, 11:31:28 PM »
I'm telling you guys - Shadowgate

No one beats it without looking up a guide.  There's no way in Hell you'll ever figure out half the shit you're supposed to do on your own.  Not to mention every little thing you do wrong kills you.

fuck i remember i rented this piece of shit when i was like 8 from one of those mom and pop shop video rental places that only had like 4 fucking games. i tried to play it again like a couple years ago and i couldnt even figure out how the fuck to get the game started like i couldnt even get past the first room.

at first i thought you meant Shadowrun

that game is pretty fucking tough too i could only ever get thorugh it with a walkthrough. super fun RPG though, mega slept on.
ONTARIO CANADA

Ernest Borgnine

• Rep: 26
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2010, 06:24:38 PM »
What about these piles of shit....

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2010, 08:34:17 PM »
Dragon's Lair used to piss me off to no end.  I stole $20 from my mom when I was a kid because I was determined to beat it one afternoon.  I should have bought some fucking toys instead.

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2010, 08:28:01 AM »
Rainbow Six Vegas was hard at times, but not really unbeatable, after a few tries, you knew what to expect

Ramrod

• Rep: 7
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2010, 08:46:46 PM »
i never ever beat sonic the hedgehog 2  :'(
id get to the metal sonic and waste most of my lives trying to get past him.
then id get to giant dr. robotnic with like 2 lives and i could never figure out how to kill his ass

Goblinshark

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
  • It's a trap!
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2010, 09:36:27 PM »

I rediscovered this one at a party a few weeks back. Being crossfaded does not improve the gaming experience to say the least, as we did spend 4 hours on it to make it maybe 4-5 levels in
Stephen Alcala: chris cole anit a loser
Stephen Alcala: frank grewer is an alcholic
Stephen Alcala: LOSER

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2010, 05:08:37 AM »
then id get to giant dr. robotnic with like 2 lives and i could never figure out how to kill his ass

fuck that shit was impossible, definitley the hardest sonic game, but they were all pretty god damned hard compared to marios.

i have beat this game on emulator, its not actually that hard its just a pain in the fucking ass because the first person mode fucks you you have no god damn clue where you are so its like 50% luck if you get the kids in time or not but you dont save them all to beat it

castlevania 2 now that game is fucking tough!!
ONTARIO CANADA

ccc333

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
  • ohyeah
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2010, 08:38:59 AM »
Sonic 2 was the best sonic ever. 

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2010, 08:45:02 AM »
Sonic 2 was the best sonic ever. 

its tight if you got that expansion shit and youo could play as knuckles too i was always hella hyped on playin the bonus levels as him
ONTARIO CANADA

MrDreamPop

• Rep: -86
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2010, 01:27:49 AM »
Any game I had for the original gameboy, not because the games were tough but because I was so young and stupid that I didn't grasp the concept of 'win'. Jurassic Park being the only of which games i even remember owning for that system. In enthusiasm, I'd always run directly into the dinosaurs whenever I'd see them. Also along the lines of my prepubescent gaming retardation, my elementary school had a room full of macintosh computers that i hardly even remember, but I do remember that they had the game Oregon Trail, to which I would button-mash my way to my demise, because I thought computers were just tv's that just so happen to never play anything I liked to watch.

i don't think i ever made it past colorado.  this is the same reason why i never beat http://www.segagagadomain.com/megadrive3/thesupshinobi2-cover.jpg

until recently shinobi ii was just faint childhood memory of an awesome soundtrack and a magic ninja.  then my brother bought it for his wii and the whole thing came rushing back to me.  now that i'm older and know what i'm doing, you better believe i'm gonna beat it now.  the game's a classic if i ever played one

fuck.  i don't know how to put pictures in the post correctly
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 01:32:09 AM by MrDreamPop »
life poser

Ernest Borgnine

« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2010, 10:05:43 AM »

i have beat this game on emulator, its not actually that hard its just a pain in the fucking ass because the first person mode fucks you you have no god damn clue where you are so its like 50% luck if you get the kids in time or not but you dont save them all to beat it

When I was a kid I had a friend named Jeremy that was a liar.  He moved to Fort Myers Florida after sixth grade.  A few years later he returned to visit his grandparents.  He told us that....he was a model now....he blew up a bank while trying to rob it....he beat up Vanilla Ice...and the biggest lie of all...he beat Friday the 13th on NES. 

I'm not calling you a liar....but I do believe you went insane attempting to beat this exit-less maze of a game.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2010, 10:19:29 AM »

Expand Quote

[close]

When I was a kid I had a friend named Jeremy that was a liar.  He moved to Fort Myers Florida after sixth grade.  A few years later he returned to visit his grandparents.  He told us that....he was a model now....he blew up a bank while trying to rob it....he beat up Vanilla Ice...and the biggest lie of all...he beat Friday the 13th on NES. 

I'm not calling you a liar....but I do believe you went insane attempting to beat this exit-less maze of a game.

well it is mcuh easier if you use save states... it is bascially cheating if you dont know i mean by that. it allows you to save the game anywhere you want so you just pause the game before a hard part and if you die you just load it up again, trhen save again once you finally beat it. also it allows you to just put down the game at any spot so if youo have to go to work or whatever you arent fucked.
ONTARIO CANADA

Masons2010

• Rep: -4
  • If My Aunt Had a Penis, well She'd be my Uncle
    • GnarPILL avatar image
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2010, 11:27:01 AM »
The Boss at the very end in starfox adventures for gamecube....

oh and the swimming level in god of war 1 for ps2 was one of the hardest things ive overcome in my lifetime..
DGAF...

Ernest Borgnine

« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2010, 08:54:00 AM »

This one got impossible really quick.

lem

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2010, 09:20:52 PM »

100+ levels and NO SAVE POINTS
Someone shares my utter hatred for this aspect of Kid Chameleon! My favorite Sega game easily. If not overall favorite game. I can only play it on a ROM or 360 to even think of making it remotely close to the end. Fuck, I can't wait to get my xbox.

Crazy Ralph

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
  • You're all gonna die!
    • ShredNJ avatar image
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2010, 09:14:47 AM »
whoever posted Friday the 13th...YES i fucking could not even figure out what my goal was in the damn game
You either die a hero or live long enough to watch yourself become the Berra.

Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -152
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2010, 12:06:35 PM »
I can never win in the Battle Tower in Pokémon Crystal

Paper Crane

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2010, 12:29:38 PM »

Lumpy Oatmeal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
  • only the classics
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2010, 12:45:18 PM »

metal sonic/dr robotnik in this game were super easy/predictable.........i cant believe someone said sonic 2 was hardest........it was by far the easiest
and yall dont need to be worryin about my rep, if yall really need to know, its cause no other rapper on here gully enough to do the dirt dolo i done
[quote author=drunk link=topic=46570.msg125

mock nugget

• Rep: -12
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2010, 09:44:11 PM »

so i got to the big room with the "when dinosaurs rulle the world" banner and then what? what should you fucking do? you are stuck!!

Haha I know this one! There are those two raptors and for some reason they're really strong, but if you throw a few of the red grenades at the bottom of the skeletons then you win. It is one of the most regular game endings though, even as an 11 year old I thought so.

I have only owned three game systems, Genesis, PS I and PS II. The Genesis is the only on I still have and it still runs fine! It's at least 16 years old now, and I just beat this game today:

Here are some games I remember being fucking impossible though:

I don't think I even got past the second level, for how strong robocop was in the movies, he was a weak bitch in this game.

Has anyone here played this? The only thing harder than beating this game is finding the words to describe how regular the game is. Best thing about it is that every sound effect in the game is the same guy making noises with his mouth.

I couldn't get past level 4 when I was a kid and ended up trading it, but last year found it at a used game store and beat it on two player with my roommate. A shocking and emotional moment in my life.

Mr.Blonde

• Rep: -150
  • "Your fucking with my z-rollers"
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2010, 02:42:40 AM »
OMG YESS ALTERED BEAST!!!

Rambo was hard as fuuuuuck also!
he is not a role model. he's not paid to be a role model. he's paid to wreak havoc on his skateboard. parents should be role models. just because he rides a skateboard doesn't mean he should raise your kids.

DevilOnEnzyte

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -236
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2010, 03:35:24 AM »
Fuck this game and the Sega Saturn it got played on.

I get to see Devil semi regularly and his little dude is rad as hell. My wife and I aren't into having little ones, but that'll give me more time to be a god uncle and teach Devil's spawn to slang weed.

Mr.Blonde

• Rep: -150
  • "Your fucking with my z-rollers"
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2010, 03:43:36 AM »

he is not a role model. he's not paid to be a role model. he's paid to wreak havoc on his skateboard. parents should be role models. just because he rides a skateboard doesn't mean he should raise your kids.

Skunkofant

• Rep: 0
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2010, 05:29:56 AM »
Quest 64, i was just a little kid though, so it might be easy if i played it now.

Moist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
  • Deaf and Dumb
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2010, 04:22:20 AM »

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2010, 11:44:54 AM »
Good mentions in here. Anybody that's beaten Friday the 13th for Nintendo without like using the ROM save states - you're good people (I'm not).

I'm going to say this game is along the lines of Kid Chameleon, unbeatable.

In fact, I don't think it fucking ends. It might just be one of those games that recycles levels forever. I played this thing for a week and a half straight as a pup - pausing to sleep and go outside. I came home one day after a thunder storm to find out the power went out and my game reset. That's when I gave up finishing anything in my life.

police state

• Rep: 22
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2010, 03:19:07 PM »
American Gladiators for SNES is probably the most confusing and difficult game ever made.  In the first level it lets you run, jump and spasm in any direction and when time runs out you lose.  then in the second level you have to avoid these flying balls, which is easy.  the hard part is throwing them back, for which there doesn't seem be any control for.  the game is based on a "best of three" series and so this is as far as you can go unless you win which probably wont happen so yep, worst game ever.
it's okay to hate but you need to apply all hate evenly and fairly.