Author Topic: Those ebay decks?  (Read 2383 times)

eastcoastin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
Those ebay decks?
« on: May 28, 2010, 12:43:29 PM »
You know those 5 blank decks for 60$ deals and 10 for 100$ on ebay??...I was thinking of gambling it and trying them out...cause I'm trying too get the best value..I'm poor.  So, I figured I'd ask you guys if you have any experience with them, and if so, your feedback?

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Those ebay decks?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 01:20:52 PM »
people try to convince me that blank skateboards are the same as real ones and to that i always use this example...

...yeah because all cars are the same too.  everyone knows a $10K car performs just as well as a $50K car!  because a ford festiva drives just like a BMW...

also keep in mind, the sellers on ebay like to use, "sold as is, all sales are final, no returns or refunds". 
i had a buddy take the dive and he got 5 warped boards and the seller basically told him to suck it. 

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 01:29:59 PM »

i forgot to add, skateboards are not expensive unless you're cheap.  if you save $1 a day, you can get a new board every 50 days.
basically it costs you $1 a day to have fun skating, fall all over the place, laugh a lot and fuck around with your friends.   
if $1 a day isn't worth it to you, just find something else to occupy your time but honestly, i can't think of anything cheaper that lets me have as much fun as i do.

BriDen

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 05:26:23 PM »

i forgot to add, skateboards are not expensive unless you're cheap.  if you save $1 a day, you can get a new board every 50 days.
basically it costs you $1 a day to have fun skating, fall all over the place, laugh a lot and fuck around with your friends.   
if $1 a day isn't worth it to you, just find something else to occupy your time but honestly, i can't think of anything cheaper that lets me have as much fun as i do.
So you've been skating the same trucks, sets of wheels, bearings, hardwear, and shoes since you started skating? Get real (no pun intended).

There are legit ebay blanks out there, and there are shit ones. I've got friends who skate them and I see them break boards in a day, and the next board they set up from the same seller will last them 3 months. There is no quality control with those guys, even if they're got a good "rep" or whatever. It's not as bad as faster made it out to be, but still, buyer beware.

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 457
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 06:05:08 PM »
Some kids I skate with use them. I've ridden around on them and they seem fine. They've bought from quite a few different sellers and all of them swear by TGM.           http://stores.ebay.com/TGM-Skateboards-Online-E-Bay-Store_BLANK-DECKS-BULK_W0QQ_fsubZ226377QQ_sidZ23478485QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em322

They all buy the better made blanks. According to them, those other AAA boards are no good. Anyway, for the best value you'd probably want to get one of these.           http://stores.ebay.com/TGM-Skateboards-Online-E-Bay-Store_BLANK-DECKS-BULK_W0QQ_fsubZ226377QQ_sidZ23478485QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em322

They offer multiple sizes so you can look around for whatever width you want. Now the problem is you can't return anything. Like Briden said, buyer beware. You can't do anything if your boards are defective.

TheHyphyVelociraptor

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 07:29:09 PM »
I talked to a kid who always got his from eBay and he told me that they were shittier than Darkstar, for the most part. It's pretty much a hit-or-miss situation. Apparently, most of the decks were warped and would break in a day usually. He would get a pack of ten and usually eight of them would last a session each. They would just snap even though he landed with his feet on the bolts. The ones which didn't last for more than a session made it through anywhere from a week to a month. By the way, he just skated flatground and gaps. I never asked about the pop and I don't know how good they are when it comes to grinding.

From what I've heard, I think you might be better off getting something off a mailorder. At least, you can contact customer service, if you receive a warped board, and probably get an exchange.

Good luck.

maggot brain

• Rep: -22
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 08:06:00 PM »
you are going to step on one of those shits and youre going to snap it
dont

Nameuser

• Rep: -57
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 08:13:35 PM »
If you can't afford a new deck every month or so, you fucked up somewhere down the line.

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2010, 08:20:40 PM »
Some kids I skate with use them. I've ridden around on them and they seem fine. They've bought from quite a few different sellers and all of them swear by TGM.           http://stores.ebay.com/TGM-Skateboards-Online-E-Bay-Store_BLANK-DECKS-BULK_W0QQ_fsubZ226377QQ_sidZ23478485QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em322

Those are the ones. Only buy the ones with the Moose logo in the picture.
I've been buying shipments of ten for about 2 years.
I think I've ordered about 40 of them by now.
I put graphics on em to sell them and skate them.
They are great decks.
You'll probably end up paying around $180 by the time you buy grip and pay for shipping
Don't go cheap on the grip! Buy Jessup!
ableSkateMag.com

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2010, 07:42:00 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
So you've been skating the same trucks, sets of wheels, bearings, hardwear, and shoes since you started skating? Get real (no pun intended).

There are legit ebay blanks out there, and there are shit ones. I've got friends who skate them and I see them break boards in a day, and the next board they set up from the same seller will last them 3 months. There is no quality control with those guys, even if they're got a good "rep" or whatever. It's not as bad as faster made it out to be, but still, buyer beware.

he was asking about boards so my response was based on boards.  he made no mention of anything else but if he had, i woulld have told him to stack his lunch money, get a side hustle and/or get a job.  thats how i(and i'm sure most of us)had to save for stuff growing up.   

if people were into anything else be it, sports, music, photography, art, computers, etc, it would cost a hell of a lot more and everyone has money for that stuff.  everyones got loot for the drug dealers, the bodegas, trendy mall stores, overpriced sneakers, and latest video games/system but no ones got money for skateboards.  ::)
so yeah, its not that skateboarding is expensive, its just that most people are cheap about the one thing they claim to love the most.          

eastcoastin

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2010, 10:42:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Those are the ones. Only buy the ones with the Moose logo in the picture.
I've been buying shipments of ten for about 2 years.
I think I've ordered about 40 of them by now.
I put graphics on em to sell them and skate them.
They are great decks.
You'll probably end up paying around $180 by the time you buy grip and pay for shipping
Don't go cheap on the grip! Buy Jessup!
Thanks. What's the concave like?...Personally, I prefer mellow to moderate...and what's the shape like?

Blak Myke

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2010, 09:43:30 PM »
if you search around on ebay you can find name brand decks for cheap also.

Blak Myke