Author Topic: Why did so many people leave osiris?  (Read 5567 times)

Hobochilli

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 321
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Why did so many people leave osiris?
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2010, 11:35:18 AM »
T.Mag is an asshole, arrogant cheapskate.

jonathanm

• Rep: -13
  • chronicles of gnarnia
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2010, 11:50:14 AM »
i want more on this shuriken/brockman conflict

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2010, 11:58:24 AM »
^ Then search the archives. We've gone through the whole thing ad nauseum.

As far as what happened, Osiris went from lame to having a good team when they hired this guy Cuong to be the TM. The dude was sick, had a good eye for talent, and people seemed to like him.
For some unknown reason, Osiris didn't realize that he was the ONLY reason that they actually were starting to have a legtimate who was bringing the company out from the shadows of "the storm" and all that "The aftermath" wackness, so they fired him.

What happened next? Everybody left, and Osiris is working its way back to being not worth buying or paying attention to. Good job dudes! Definitely worth it to fire that dude and put up billboards of Corey Duffell instead, morons.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

dino conflict

• Rep: 13
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2010, 12:22:25 PM »
^ Then search the archives. We've gone through the whole thing ad nauseum.

As far as what happened, Osiris went from lame to having a good team when they hired this guy Cuong to be the TM. The dude was sick, had a good eye for talent, and people seemed to like him.
For some unknown reason, Osiris didn't realize that he was the ONLY reason that they actually were starting to have a legtimate who was bringing the company out from the shadows of "the storm" and all that "The aftermath" wackness, so they fired him.

What happened next? Everybody left, and Osiris is working its way back to being not worth buying or paying attention to. Good job dudes! Definitely worth it to fire that dude and put up billboards of Corey Duffell instead, morons.

Cuong is back as TM as of this new year. It shows in the way the team has now been built up again.

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2010, 12:41:10 PM »
rattray and stu graham left aswell
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

Brown Thunder

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -66
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2010, 02:10:32 PM »

it is a sad day if stu graham has left osiris, he has been on the team for a while and even has some dire tattoo's to prove his commitment.

lem

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2010, 02:42:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

it is a sad day if stu graham has left osiris, he has been on the team for a while and even has some dire tattoo's to prove his commitment.

my bad, i knew rattray had left, i just presumed stu had too, but hes still on osiris. i went on there website and found it interesting to find they have a bmx and fmx team.
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2010, 03:09:02 PM »
fmx?

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2010, 03:35:44 PM »

bandini

« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2010, 03:45:59 PM »
Btw, Mike Ternasky was the guy behind H-Street. After he died, Tony Mag took it over and that's pretty much when it stopped being good.

I don't know much else about Tony, other than that no one seems to like him. I saw him do a vert demo at Kezar in SF in the 80s and he killed it.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2010, 06:26:38 PM »
Btw, Mike Ternasky was the guy behind H-Street. After he died, Tony Mag took it over and that's pretty much when it stopped being good.

I don't know much else about Tony, other than that no one seems to like him. I saw him do a vert demo at Kezar in SF in the 80s and he killed it.
H street died long before Mike Ternasky. It was mostly Magnusson at H street, but Ternasky was part of it. When the team got all big and bloated Ternasky decided to start over with just a small team of absolute killers, plan b.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2010, 09:29:48 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
H street died long before Mike Ternasky. It was mostly Magnusson at H street, but Ternasky was part of it. When the team got all big and bloated Ternasky decided to start over with just a small team of absolute killers, plan b.

gipper, whenever you post i picture ronald regan sitting at a desk in an anti-hero shirt typing.....On osiris, the only one i even care about is Stu Graham, where'd he go recently anyway?

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2010, 10:56:51 PM »
at least i can still watch youtube videos of people stepping on cheeseburgers n shit in their d3s

thugnificent

« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2010, 11:57:20 PM »
they came out with the osiris bronx, thats what happened. worse shoe ever, by the worst company ever. i've never in my entire life seen a skater actually skate osiris shoes, seriously. i hope someone that works for osiris reads this thread, and realizes how fucking shitty osiris is, and changes everything about it, cuz shit is  straight up embarassing.NSS and airspeed are more legit than osiris at this point, fuck osiris, and everything they do

kevbo999

« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2010, 12:03:53 AM »
Stu Graham is still listed on Osiris according to the internet.. no way he's getting on anything better, so if he really left he's as bright as he looks.

kazbenson

• Rep: -271
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2010, 07:29:40 AM »
Although i do admit, shoes like the D3 and Bronx are the ugliest shit ever, i was referring to the TM thing and i got my answer, thanks guys. Is there anywhere i can read the conversation with james and shurikken where he called shuriken a N____r?
koston's career isn't based on the site...