Author Topic: WHERE ARE THEY NOW?? (MERGED)  (Read 307281 times)

MintySandwhich

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
Re: WHERE ARE THEY NOW?? (MERGED)
« Reply #990 on: October 23, 2017, 10:45:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Where is Ethan Fowler? I bought a Bummer High deck when they first came out hoping that company would take off. I would love to see some footage of him still skating
[close]

Bumping this question, I always wondered what happened to Bummer High and Ethan generally.
[close]

Same.

Also Chaz Pineda and Alfaro, thought they were going to "save the label" when I was in middle school.
[close]

Dug Adam Alfaro's skating a ton growing up. Would see him around from time to time at parks. curious what he is up to now as well
[close]

The white boy dreadlocks look makes most if not all fade into obscurity...

Where's John Lupfer? I remember being stoked on Stereo during the early years of it's resurgence (before it became a dumpster fire and now has Jordan Hoffart) and all his footy was really rad.

Foreal! His part in that Shuffle video was awesome. I still watch it to this day, the song/skating/filming was on point! Sucks that he couldn't get anything better than Osiris and stereo.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #991 on: October 23, 2017, 02:51:58 PM »
Any info on Emeric "Olu" Pratt?

Found a part that was uploaded 2 years ago, his most recent one?

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #992 on: October 23, 2017, 03:02:46 PM »
That Emeric Pratt part is from 2007 or something. That was before the Consolidated Nike purge.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #993 on: October 23, 2017, 11:02:43 PM »
That Emeric Pratt part is from 2007 or something. That was before the Consolidated Nike purge.

Right! I do remember he skated in Send Help's and got shit for it.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #994 on: October 24, 2017, 06:59:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Where is Ethan Fowler? I bought a Bummer High deck when they first came out hoping that company would take off. I would love to see some footage of him still skating
[close]

Bumping this question, I always wondered what happened to Bummer High and Ethan generally.
[close]

Same.

Also Chaz Pineda and Alfaro, thought they were going to "save the label" when I was in middle school.
[close]

Dug Adam Alfaro's skating a ton growing up. Would see him around from time to time at parks. curious what he is up to now as well
[close]

Where's John Lupfer? I remember being stoked on Stereo during the early years of it's resurgence (before it became a dumpster fire and now has Jordan Hoffart) and all his footy was really rad.
[close]

Foreal! His part in that Shuffle video was awesome. I still watch it to this day, the song/skating/filming was on point! Sucks that he couldn't get anything better than Osiris and stereo.

Whilst talking about Ethan and Stereo: Ethan has two (guest) board with Stereo atm.

https://www.stereosoundagency.com/search?q=ethan

QueeferMadness

• Rep: -343
  • Don't Fear The Queefer
« Reply #995 on: October 24, 2017, 10:01:59 AM »
Nate broussard?
Guru khalsa ?

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1208
« Reply #996 on: October 24, 2017, 10:17:41 AM »
Nate broussard?
Guru khalsa ?

Guru
https://doapsoap.com/ (I have no idea whether or not he still skates professionally anymore at this point.)

Nate
http://thenorthernco.com/nate/ (Most recent thing I could find on him. He stuck with Sieben through most incarnations of his board company but doesn't appear to be a part of The Program)
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

zeep zander

« Reply #997 on: October 24, 2017, 12:24:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Nate broussard?
Guru khalsa ?
[close]

Guru
https://doapsoap.com/ (I have no idea whether or not he still skates professionally anymore at this point.)

Nate
http://thenorthernco.com/nate/ (Most recent thing I could find on him. He stuck with Sieben through most incarnations of his board company but doesn't appear to be a part of The Program)

semi new guru part

zeep zander

« Reply #998 on: October 24, 2017, 12:31:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Same.

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Whilst talking about Ethan and Stereo: Ethan has two (guest) board with Stereo atm.

https://www.stereosoundagency.com/search?q=ethan

seems like pastras is remaking small batches of blue boards, along with lupfer and some other random kids on the team. their instagram is @bluesince91

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #999 on: October 24, 2017, 01:37:13 PM »
If Pastras put 1/10th the effort he does into the whole Primewood.la thing, into Stereo, it might actually be a viable company.  But clearly, re-issuing old decks is much more lucrative than selling Stereo boards.  He oughta just focus Stereo and just concentrate on the other shit. 
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #1000 on: October 25, 2017, 09:54:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Nate broussard?
Guru khalsa ?
[close]

Guru

Nate

Nate is a UPS driver now or something.

No one who skates for The Northern Co makes money from skateboarding at this point.
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 469
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
« Reply #1001 on: October 25, 2017, 10:19:05 AM »

I was going to say he got kind of lost after the Burdock canned him & McCallum for being too swooshy. Always loved his skating ever since he had that shared footage with Nesser in "Playing In Traffic", only guy to ever make a fakie flip melon & the dreaded "am-shuffle" look even remotely good and/or acceptable.

Pat Rumney anyone, Pat Rumney?
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #1002 on: October 25, 2017, 10:47:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I was going to say he got kind of lost after the Burdock canned him & McCallum for being too swooshy. Always loved his skating ever since he had that shared footage with Nesser in "Playing In Traffic", only guy to ever make a fakie flip melon & the dreaded "am-shuffle" look even remotely good and/or acceptable.

He spits bars for a living now.  Well not sure if he makes $ but he's an alright rapper.  Better than J Casanova or TK (yea I know, thats not saying much)

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1003 on: October 25, 2017, 10:51:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

He spits bars for a living now.  Well not sure if he makes $ but he's an alright rapper.  Better than J Casanova or TK (yea I know, thats not saying much)

He doesn't rap for a living, he'd actually have to make money off of rapping for that to be true.

The last thing I heard about him was that he was robbing some of his former Long Island friends and scamming them out of their money.
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

miff

• Rep: -7
« Reply #1004 on: October 26, 2017, 12:37:12 PM »
Has there been any recent Jordan Sanchez or Steve Durante footage? Not exactly, where are they now? But... but.

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #1005 on: October 26, 2017, 02:36:20 PM »
Has there been any recent Jordan Sanchez or Steve Durante footage? Not exactly, where are they now? But... but.

I mean he had a part in that Welcome video earlier this year

reptar_bar

« Reply #1006 on: October 26, 2017, 02:56:37 PM »
What happened to Marquise Preston? Found him on insta and looks like he rides for or works at a Pharmacy, but c'mon, how do you go from having a part in Stay Gold to just completely falling off. Dude must have done something kooky.

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 469
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
« Reply #1007 on: October 26, 2017, 03:52:50 PM »
What happened to Marquise Preston? Found him on insta and looks like he rides for or works at a Pharmacy, but c'mon, how do you go from having a part in Stay Gold to just completely falling off. Dude must have done something kooky.

I heard something to the extent of him being really sketchy & a little more "crazy thug" than most people appreciated.

So Pat Rumney, is he on drugs or something? Why is he "robbing the homies"? That's NOT for the people.
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

QueeferMadness

• Rep: -343
  • Don't Fear The Queefer
« Reply #1008 on: October 26, 2017, 04:34:17 PM »
Angel Ramirez

colt cannon lunchbox

• Rep: -92
« Reply #1009 on: October 26, 2017, 04:41:22 PM »
Angel Ramirez

I don't know what he's doing but i saw a photo of him recently. Not pretty.

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1010 on: October 26, 2017, 05:13:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I heard something to the extent of him being really sketchy & a little more "crazy thug" than most people appreciated.

So Pat Rumney, is he on drugs or something? Why is he "robbing the homies"? That's NOT for the people.

So I'm told. It's kind of Long Island's life story, which sucks. This place feels like it's filled with more stories of people who were supposed to be something & blew it than we should.

It's up to Antonio (or Aidan Clarke ❤️) to put us back on the map...

miff

« Reply #1011 on: October 26, 2017, 05:23:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I mean he had a part in that Welcome video earlier this year

Damn, I've been asleep... was so close to reporting you to the moderator for outing me as the DAMNED FOOL I've become!

Part was typically raaaaaad. Thanks Minty! 

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 875
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #1012 on: October 27, 2017, 12:37:45 PM »
Angel Ramirez

I see him skate denver park sometimes. He's a nice dude, seems like he's just chillin.

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #1013 on: October 28, 2017, 03:15:54 PM »
Rex Manning?
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

Mcfctid

« Reply #1014 on: October 29, 2017, 08:32:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Nate broussard?
Guru khalsa ?
[close]

Guru

Nate
[close]

Nate is a UPS driver now or something.

No one who skates for The Northern Co makes money from skateboarding at this point.

Guru is in Austin, and is working on this company , still skates too

http://www.wakerobins.com/

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1015 on: October 30, 2017, 01:47:47 AM »
Probably posted before but what happened to Guy Kampfen? I remember watching his 411vm part and I was so amazied on how tech it was, not the best style in the world. It made me wanna ALMOST buy darkstar board.

Allez_Jambon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
« Reply #1016 on: October 31, 2017, 02:14:13 PM »
I seent Guy Kampfen on Muckmouth

https://www.muckmouth.com/back-in-the-spotlight-8/category/all

I think he also had a brother Luc if I rememeber correctly. They were featured in the Puzzle VMs from Europe. Don't remember much however, just used to watch them on my iPod on the schoolbus in like 2005.

Also, what was up with Baby Stag? Not so much where is he now, but like, yeah. He was in the kayo promo as well I think, introducing the Gold section with "baby baby" by Juelz. Also, Pat and Henry rap for their video part which is awesome.

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #1017 on: May 29, 2018, 09:42:14 PM »

It was Austyn week and no mention of Walter.

miff

« Reply #1018 on: May 29, 2018, 10:04:35 PM »

It was Austyn week and no mention of Walter.

Saw Austyn with this dog (Walter) at a gas station not long ago. Maybe 1-2 months...

Glad Walter is Still with us

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
Re: another where are they now thread....
« Reply #1019 on: May 29, 2018, 10:15:36 PM »
scott kane needs a board sponcer where is he
I think I saw somewhere online that he does real estate now.

Edit: I just realized that my dumbass just replied to a comment from 12 years ago.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 10:17:12 PM by Trashcon »