Author Topic: Lizard King Epicly Later'd  (Read 27271 times)

Nameuser

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -57
Re: Lizard King Epicly Later'd tonight
« Reply #90 on: July 01, 2010, 11:14:41 AM »
"So when you finally go sober you get to skate the sobriety cruiser board?"  ;D
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 11:26:15 AM by Nameuser »

jimi420

BriDen

« Reply #92 on: July 02, 2010, 04:41:41 AM »
hey dumb ass, look back four posts.

BitchTits

« Reply #93 on: July 02, 2010, 07:40:08 AM »
"I like being a pile of shit."

By the way, Shane Heyl is clean?

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #94 on: July 02, 2010, 07:48:06 AM »
Obviously. You can see it in his skating.

nocomply

• Rep: 147
  • Handsome
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #95 on: July 02, 2010, 09:27:42 AM »
pretty much the same thing charles barkley said years back and i fully agree. as a parent you need to be involved enough to know what's up with your kids hobby's and interests.
Of course the parents should be more involved, but many aren't. I'm not saying Lizard, Dollin, Antwan, etc... should be doing anything different, but don't act like these guys aren't role models for a lot of young kids. They have a TON of influence. Hell they have a lot of influence even if the parents ARE paying attention.
he is not a role model. he's not paid to be a role model. he's paid to wreak havoc on his skateboard. parents should be role models. just because he rides a skateboard doesn't mean he should raise your kids.
He's also paid for his image. I'm not disagreeing with you, but you guys are all acting like they have no influence and play no part in steering kids towards drugs and alcahol. They definitely make it all look fun and they ARE role models.... Like it or not.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #96 on: July 02, 2010, 09:50:51 AM »
"I like being a pile of shit."

By the way, Shane Heyl is clean?

I was surprised too to read that in a mag talking about Shake Junt. He has been clean for a couple of years now, so all that shit you see in the vids are just the way he normally acts.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

dankradschwag

« Reply #97 on: July 02, 2010, 10:11:40 AM »
Was I the only person who thought these Lizard King episodes were the most pointless episodes he's ever done? Guess Patrick's just really super broke...

citycity

• Rep: -93
« Reply #98 on: July 02, 2010, 10:19:35 AM »
I felt the comments about jim and vice versa were awkward as well.  Did anyone think that was strange.  I kept thinking about him saying "yeah, they tell me i would be better at skating...."  I think this is true but he seriously kills it on a board.  Like I dunno, and i feel like EE still parties just not as much, like I dunno, did anyone feel this was weird.

Brown Thunder

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -66
« Reply #99 on: July 02, 2010, 10:41:43 AM »
I felt the comments about jim and vice versa were awkward as well.  Did anyone think that was strange.  I kept thinking about him saying "yeah, they tell me i would be better at skating...."  I think this is true but he seriously kills it on a board.  Like I dunno, and i feel like EE still parties just not as much, like I dunno, did anyone feel this was weird.

i found it awkward when he said "he says he's going to pray for me"... is jim greco now a god botherer?

CUDDLEMONSTER

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 170
  • reptiles
« Reply #100 on: July 02, 2010, 10:52:24 AM »
Expand Quote
pretty much the same thing charles barkley said years back and i fully agree. as a parent you need to be involved enough to know what's up with your kids hobby's and interests.
[close]
Of course the parents should be more involved, but many aren't. I'm not saying Lizard, Dollin, Antwan, etc... should be doing anything different, but don't act like these guys aren't role models for a lot of young kids. They have a TON of influence. Hell they have a lot of influence even if the parents ARE paying attention.
Expand Quote
he is not a role model. he's not paid to be a role model. he's paid to wreak havoc on his skateboard. parents should be role models. just because he rides a skateboard doesn't mean he should raise your kids.
[close]
He's also paid for his image. I'm not disagreeing with you, but you guys are all acting like they have no influence and play no part in steering kids towards drugs and alcahol. They definitely make it all look fun and they ARE role models.... Like it or not.

he is getting paid for his image but i think that has more to do with kids liking drugs and alcohol because they're fun (for a while) and that's what they're into and not that kids only like these things because people like lizard say they're cool. i really don't know how much footage of dude's partying effects kids but maybe i'm underestimating. in my experience your friends and the people around you play a way bigger role in if you get into that shit. there's probably some people who try booze because they saw reynolds drinking in a baker video or whatever but i guarantee their are way more who start because they know a dude who got them into it, they tried it and they liked it. it just seems like common sense that kids drink/do drugs because of their effects and not to pose as their favorite pro. drugs and alcohol don't really need too much positive advertisement- they do exactly what you want them to do, namely get you fucked up. now being aware of the consequences of those decisions and acting accordingly is an entirely different story--that's where parents and even more so friends come in.

citycity

• Rep: -93
Re: Lizard King Epicly Later'd
« Reply #101 on: July 02, 2010, 10:54:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i found it awkward when he said "he says he's going to pray for me"... is jim greco now a god bother-er?

i think he's always been maybe a little, hasn't he worn that cross around his neck forever?  I know tons of people wear that shit and dont care about religion whatsoever, but for some reason when jim said that i just accepted it like something clicked in my brain and it all made sense.  I just really like baker/deathwish, i find all of that shit so entertaining.  

Also the third episode made me feel like there's a lot of diversity between all of those dudes and its crazy because it almost felt like there was animosity between lizard and jim or andrew or something, but then again lizard is super popular and people will buy into his image so i see why he rides for them.  I dunno it just felt so different then EE being super stoked on him getting that deathwish tattoo before it was even a company.

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
« Reply #102 on: July 02, 2010, 11:36:16 AM »
that's not a cross around his neck, it's a necklace with a 'T' on it
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
  • tiger style
« Reply #103 on: July 02, 2010, 01:06:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote
[close]

so do you think that these guys shouldn't be able to enjoy their sucess how they want to because there are shitty parents in the world? they don't give a shit about random kids they don't know and as a parent i don't think it's their responsiblity to. it's the same thing that happens in music, movies, etc... kids are going to get exsposed to these kinds of things and these guys work hard and in my opinion deserver to enjoy (and possibly throw away) their sucess how ever they see fit.

just look at greco, how much tighter was he when he was a pile? and there's a shitload of band examples. clean up and start sucking. hosoi was tighter when he was strung out. list goes on and on.

Giovanni Falcone

« Reply #104 on: July 02, 2010, 01:52:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

so do you think that these guys shouldn't be able to enjoy their sucess how they want to because there are shitty parents in the world? they don't give a shit about random kids they don't know and as a parent i don't think it's their responsiblity to. it's the same thing that happens in music, movies, etc... kids are going to get exsposed to these kinds of things and these guys work hard and in my opinion deserver to enjoy (and possibly throw away) their sucess how ever they see fit.

just look at greco, how much tighter was he when he was a pile? and there's a shitload of band examples. clean up and start sucking. hosoi was tighter when he was strung out. list goes on and on.

That's pretty funny as a parent you support drug use. To each his own. Lizard King is sick, but the whole worshiping Satan thing is pretty ignorant. I had this deep conversation last night about Heaven and Hell, and Angels and Demons, and Satan with this dude who studied the Bible and religion.

Satan was created, so he ain't as powerful as God. And if you think Hell is full of sin, you're wrong, there is no sin, maybe a little, it's mostly suffering. It's in the Bible.

So if you believe in the paranormal, ghosts and demons, then you would understand that the most darkest evilest beings don't want to be in Hell, they escape and come to Earth. So even they don't want to be there.

It's like Lizard King is preaching about some shit he doesn't even have the slightest clue about. Yeah I bought the Iron Maiden cd, yeah Satan!

Why I mention it is because a shit head of skaters love the whole 666 and do it for Satan shit, and that is just a sign of lack of education. Thus as a professional you should have the common sense from street skating that kids are impressionable. So I'd definitely say that Lizard King is responsible for mis-leading a whole population of kids about the reality of Hell from his own ignorance, full circle of piles, cool.

I'd rather see Lizard King get into Shaman stuff, that would be a better fit.

luke_gardner

• Rep: -40
  • Chicagoooo
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #105 on: July 02, 2010, 02:09:48 PM »
That's pretty funny as a parent you support drug use. To each his own. Lizard King is sick, but the whole worshiping Satan thing is pretty ignorant. I had this deep conversation last night about Heaven and Hell, and Angels and Demons, and Satan with this dude who studied the Bible and religion.

Satan was created, so he ain't as powerful as God. And if you think Hell is full of sin, you're wrong, there is no sin, maybe a little, it's mostly suffering. It's in the Bible.

So if you believe in the paranormal, ghosts and demons, then you would understand that the most darkest evilest beings don't want to be in Hell, they escape and come to Earth. So even they don't want to be there.
Fuckin' Dungeons and Dragons over here and shit!

The most convincing argument for religion is Pascal's Wager...color me unconvinced...
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 03:59:01 PM by luke_gardner »

Giovanni Falcone

« Reply #106 on: July 02, 2010, 02:19:10 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Fuckin' Dungeons and Dragons over here and shit!

The most convincing argument for religion is Pascal's Wager...color me unconvinced...

Your link isn't working

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal%27s_Wager

Yeah Shadow Beings walking the Earth...

Brown Thunder

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #107 on: July 02, 2010, 02:56:40 PM »
why is the bible and religion being debated i thought it was clear to most people that the bible is pretty much shit...

i have nothing against religion and respect people having beliefs but basing your life on a book full of absolute bollocks is ridiculous..

this explains it well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_EXqdJ4L7I

sweets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • but(t) fuck, who's keeping track?
« Reply #108 on: July 02, 2010, 03:34:35 PM »
Religion is fucking regular. It's always been used as a control device for people. You want to keep people in line? Keep them scared.

As far as Lizard's affinity toward Satan; he grew up in a place mostly controlled by Mormon's. Maybe he's rebelling against growing up in the shadow of such a conservative, weird, sub-sect of Christianity. Maybe he really thinks Satan exists and he's the shit but, considering his sarcastic way of hailing him, I doubt it.

Now, I'm a parent as well and I agree with Sleazy. I will be my child's example and I will explain to him (when the time is appropriate of course) about all the bad stuff he should avoid. He is welcome to appreciate the skateboarding, art, music, etc. of whoever, regardless of drug use but maybe they aren't the best humans to be emulating. I've learned to separate the art and the artist. It's easier to appreciate the artist.

"instead of typing out some dumb reply to this post, go make some art, smell your own body, mate with your own hand, take a picture of your penis when it is in half-boner-mode and post it on slap." Tony

codithou

• Rep: 41
« Reply #109 on: July 02, 2010, 03:37:44 PM »
why is the bible and religion being debated i thought it was clear to most people that the bible is pretty much shit...

i have nothing against religion and respect people having beliefs but basing your life on a book full of absolute bollocks is ridiculous..

wat

Brown Thunder

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #110 on: July 02, 2010, 03:49:57 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

wat

contradictory i know.. what i mean is i respect people for having beliefs but i am saying the bible is shit, in this scientific day and age the bible is outdated and clearly factuous, to live by it makes no sense.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 03:51:38 PM by Brown Thunder »

codithou

« Reply #111 on: July 02, 2010, 04:01:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

wat
[close]

contradictory i know.. what i mean is i respect people for having beliefs but i am saying the bible is shit, in this scientific day and age the bible is outdated and clearly factuous, to live by it makes no sense.

Oh i understand what you mean for sure. I think it would be more important to acknowledge the lessons taught in the bible rather than follow it in literal terms. Basically to live by basic morals instead of trying to be a "pile of shit".
Just an opinion though..

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #112 on: July 02, 2010, 04:16:22 PM »
considering his homelife in utah vs the one in LA it feels like a well orchestrated act.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #113 on: July 02, 2010, 06:48:18 PM »

ALRIGHT, WHOS NEXT!?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #114 on: July 02, 2010, 06:58:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

wat
[close]

[close]

Oh i understand what you mean for sure. I think it would be more important to acknowledge the lessons taught in the bible rather than follow it in literal terms. Basically to live by basic morals instead of trying to be a "pile of shit".
Just an opinion though..
The bible advocates slavery and homophobia. Morals come from empathy, not a book.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

BitchTits

« Reply #115 on: July 02, 2010, 07:26:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

It's like Lizard King is preaching about some shit he doesn't even have the slightest clue about. Yeah I bought the Iron Maiden cd, yeah Satan!

Why I mention it is because a shit head of skaters love the whole 666 and do it for Satan shit, and that is just a sign of lack of education. Thus as a professional you should have the common sense from street skating that kids are impressionable. So I'd definitely say that Lizard King is responsible for mis-leading a whole population of kids about the reality of Hell from his own ignorance, full circle of piles, cool.

I'd rather see Lizard King get into Shaman stuff, that would be a better fit.
How do you to take a guy known as Lizard King seriously? (Jim Morrison is a different case.) I perceive the Satan worshiping to be sarcastic and anti-religion, if anything.

Also, I don't give a fuck about the impression that Lizard King, or any other famous person, can leave on children. Parents should teach their kids what is right and what is wrong. So, there won't be a problem, if they're ever in a situation involving drugs or alcohol. I decided for myself what was right and wrong.  Blaming things on people is bullshit. People should take responsibility for their own actions.

If I ever have a child, I won't ever talk about religion unless he/she asks me about it. It's total bullshit if you need to do anything other than be a good person to achieve salvation.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 07:28:51 PM by BitchTits »

Giovanni Falcone

« Reply #116 on: July 02, 2010, 11:27:39 PM »
I'm down with playing stairway to heaven backwards and going to haunted houses and talking about the supernatural, but seeing a bunch of grommets stenciling in satanic shit on their board and they don't even listen to Zeppelin is a bummer. He could pick something more raw than the devil, whom a lot of people think is imaginary.

Giovanni Falcone

« Reply #117 on: July 02, 2010, 11:43:55 PM »
This is turning into a classic skateboard conversation. I like Lizard king, I like Baker/Deathwish, I like Shake Junt. A lot. I also agree with the points about raising your kids.

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -597
  • who knows
« Reply #118 on: July 02, 2010, 11:47:46 PM »
dude is pretty gnarly i guess.  those three episodes were not.
where is home?

codithou

« Reply #119 on: July 03, 2010, 12:56:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

wat
[close]

[close]

Just an opinion though..
[close]
The bible advocates slavery and homophobia. Morals come from empathy, not a book.

im not saying read the bible for its morals.
im just saying IF the bible is pushed into your face as a child or some shit like that, then its important to only look to it for the morals. respect your neighbor etc.
obviously not the over the top bullshit that bible pushers take so literally.
but then again i dont know shit about religion oh well.