Author Topic: Lizard King Epicly Later'd  (Read 27267 times)

GnarlesManson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -118
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Lizard King Epicly Later'd
« Reply #120 on: July 03, 2010, 12:10:09 PM »
personally i feel that the bible is the main problem with Christianity.  i believe in higher power, and i believe that jesus was/is real, but i reject most of the bible.

blake guzman

• Rep: -14
« Reply #121 on: July 06, 2010, 08:57:03 PM »
As a religious agnostic and friend of Lizard's, I will still say that the Satan stuff and substance abuse are irresponsible and pretty lame. I would tell him personally, but the guy is way too nice, and I've never had the chance since we are more acquaintances than close homeys.

This debate just proves that Lizard is a provocateur. He is smart and knows what he is doing.

As for the Bible, (I also happen to be a former Hebrew grad student) I would say that it lacks historicity and undermines many of the best modern values (equality, democracy, etc). It's hard to study it academically and continue believing in its central message - if indeed, there ever were a central message of the Bible.   

longballlarry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #122 on: July 06, 2010, 09:55:52 PM »
As a religious agnostic and friend of Lizard's, I will still say that the Satan stuff and substance abuse are irresponsible and pretty lame. I would tell him personally, but the guy is way too nice, and I've never had the chance since we are more acquaintances than close homeys.

This debate just proves that Lizard is a provocateur. He is smart and knows what he is doing.

As for the Bible, (I also happen to be a former Hebrew grad student) I would say that it lacks historicity and undermines many of the best modern values (equality, democracy, etc). It's hard to study it academically and continue believing in its central message - if indeed, there ever were a central message of the Bible.   

you dropped something.
I used to post

blake guzman

• Rep: -14
« Reply #123 on: July 07, 2010, 06:06:49 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

you dropped something.
sorry, but coming from SLC, there aren't many names one can drop. so when it's a lizard epicly latere'd thread, you get hometown pride - like when Mainers talk about Rob Welsh.

Useless Wooden Bench

• Rep: 159
    • Pappy avatar image
« Reply #124 on: July 07, 2010, 01:39:34 PM »
All this talk of agnosticism reminds me of an old joke:

" I was, ah, in love in my freshman year, but I did not marry the first girl that I fell in love with, because there was a tremendous religious conflict, at the time. She was an atheist, and I was an agnostic, y'know. We didn't know which religion not to bring the children up in."

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #125 on: July 08, 2010, 04:20:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
pretty much the same thing charles barkley said years back and i fully agree. as a parent you need to be involved enough to know what's up with your kids hobby's and interests.
[close]
Of course the parents should be more involved, but many aren't. I'm not saying Lizard, Dollin, Antwan, etc... should be doing anything different, but don't act like these guys aren't role models for a lot of young kids. They have a TON of influence. Hell they have a lot of influence even if the parents ARE paying attention.
Expand Quote
he is not a role model. he's not paid to be a role model. he's paid to wreak havoc on his skateboard. parents should be role models. just because he rides a skateboard doesn't mean he should raise your kids.
[close]
He's also paid for his image. I'm not disagreeing with you, but you guys are all acting like they have no influence and play no part in steering kids towards drugs and alcahol. They definitely make it all look fun and they ARE role models.... Like it or not.
[close]

so do you think that these guys shouldn't be able to enjoy their sucess how they want to because there are shitty parents in the world? they don't give a shit about random kids they don't know and as a parent i don't think it's their responsiblity to. it's the same thing that happens in music, movies, etc... kids are going to get exsposed to these kinds of things and these guys work hard and in my opinion deserver to enjoy (and possibly throw away) their sucess how ever they see fit.

just look at greco, how much tighter was he when he was a pile? and there's a shitload of band examples. clean up and start sucking. hosoi was tighter when he was strung out. list goes on and on.
[close]

That's pretty funny as a parent you support drug use. To each his own. Lizard King is sick, but the whole worshiping Satan thing is pretty ignorant. I had this deep conversation last night about Heaven and Hell, and Angels and Demons, and Satan with this dude who studied the Bible and religion.

Satan was created, so he ain't as powerful as God. And if you think Hell is full of sin, you're wrong, there is no sin, maybe a little, it's mostly suffering. It's in the Bible.

So if you believe in the paranormal, ghosts and demons, then you would understand that the most darkest evilest beings don't want to be in Hell, they escape and come to Earth. So even they don't want to be there.

It's like Lizard King is preaching about some shit he doesn't even have the slightest clue about. Yeah I bought the Iron Maiden cd, yeah Satan!

Why I mention it is because a shit head of skaters love the whole 666 and do it for Satan shit, and that is just a sign of lack of education. Thus as a professional you should have the common sense from street skating that kids are impressionable. So I'd definitely say that Lizard King is responsible for mis-leading a whole population of kids about the reality of Hell from his own ignorance, full circle of piles, cool.

I'd rather see Lizard King get into Shaman stuff, that would be a better fit.

Perhaps he worships a Satan that is different from yours? Or are you saying that there is only one religion/God and everyone else is wrong? You are condemning someone for their beliefs, I don't know if that's what your holy book tells you to do, but I'm glad I don't have to be so prejudiced.

And I would not call disinterest towards religion "lack of education".

Just pushing your buttons, I have no interest in getting in to an argument about religion, I lack education.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

jimi420

« Reply #126 on: July 08, 2010, 08:55:19 AM »
maybe he just likes the idea of satan. A badass that defies the most powerful being in the  universe. or maybe he just likes to piss people off.

barr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #127 on: July 08, 2010, 12:03:15 PM »
or maybe arguments about religion are all the same and never go anywhere

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #128 on: July 08, 2010, 12:08:12 PM »
try to be a good person.
thats my "religion" and everybody should make an effort as well
/discussion   

i'm down for lizard and i don't really care about his personal choices.  he shreds.   

Inbred Jed

« Reply #129 on: July 08, 2010, 12:32:45 PM »
I once spray painted a stencil of Dick Cheney on my grip tape to harness the power of true evil. He is an actual malignant being, not some made up fairytale bullcrap. Sit on it, Cunningham.

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
« Reply #130 on: July 08, 2010, 01:14:24 PM »

Lizard King is responsible for mis-leading a whole population of kids about the reality of Hell

seriously? see that's your first fuckup right there. thinking of it as a reality makes you take it much more seriously than you should. for that matter, how does anyone but the dead+evil know if it's a reality? they don't! and no-one has been back from that shit with enough proof to say yes or no. stooooooops.

I'd rather see Lizard King get into Shaman stuff, that would be a better fit.

agreed. always been a much bigger fan of things that can be experienced, and thus known, than anything that involves believing a man's word. especially a man with a huge fucking agenda.

k

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

Epic

« Reply #131 on: July 08, 2010, 02:35:50 PM »

Expand Quote
Lizard King is responsible for mis-leading a whole population of kids about the reality of Hell
[close]

seriously? see that's your first fuckup right there. thinking of it as a reality makes you take it much more seriously than you should. for that matter, how does anyone but the dead+evil know if it's a reality? they don't! and no-one has been back from that shit with enough proof to say yes or no. stooooooops.

Even if someone did comeback from hell and tell everyone what happened  and what its like (in which many people have) narrow minded people like you would never believe them.  You would just caste them off as some insane christian idiot.

[/quote]

BitchTits

« Reply #132 on: July 08, 2010, 02:44:19 PM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Even if someone did comeback from hell and tell everyone what happened  and what its like (in which many people have) narrow minded people like you would never believe them.  You would just caste them off as some insane christian idiot.

So, you're saying that people have fucking died, went to "Hell," and came back like this guy:

[Yeah, Jesus went to "Heaven." I know.]
Yeah, I would cast someone off as an insane idiot, unless it was April 1.

Mevs

• Rep: 29
« Reply #133 on: July 08, 2010, 03:27:28 PM »
mhe-likes.tumblr.com
Instagram: @Mevs82

Lizardking

• Rep: 11
  • Greenroom, BITCH!
« Reply #134 on: July 09, 2010, 12:48:00 AM »
Homies,  chill! I'm just trying to get some face time in TWS with this shit,  yo. 

I do everything for satan and nothing for satan.  get my drift?  Passion.  Passion.

Giovanni Falcone

« Reply #135 on: July 09, 2010, 06:37:39 AM »
Read the Bible if you want to know where hell and Satan comes from. And what it's all about. Huge difference between the words sin and suffering.

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #136 on: July 09, 2010, 10:05:15 AM »
stop telling me about the bible.

Epic

« Reply #137 on: July 09, 2010, 02:39:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
So, you're saying that people have fucking died, went to "Hell," and came back like this guy:

[Yeah, Jesus went to "Heaven." I know.]
Yeah, I would cast someone off as an insane idiot, unless it was April 1.

I never said anyone came back as a zombie.  And if your familiar with the the life of jesus christ he didnt come back as a zombie.   he came back as a coherent being.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #138 on: July 09, 2010, 02:40:06 PM »
Who says zombies aren't coherent?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -392
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #139 on: July 09, 2010, 03:36:44 PM »
Last week I was drunk and stoned out of my mind and this mexican guy who heard me playing music in front of the store called. (When I gave him my number he said it was for a well paying roofing job.) He gave me that weird religious passive pressure and asked if I could come over right away to his house for a bible meeting and told me to get my bible and read something in revelations about the oil spill which I did at his request. I told him my dying grandmother was over and I was making her dinner. Not sure what my point is, but if you believe the bible is even halfway true and should be respected for the great lessons and morals than you are a worthless idiot in my eyes. Read Why I'm not a Christian by Bertrand Russel. Please save the world from another person promoting and keeping religion alive and educate yourself http://www.amazon.com/Christian-Essays-Religion-Related-Subjects/dp/0671203231
"You were such a shitty parent that your kid couldn't even make it to term A guy who killed his child before it could be born because he was so shitty didn't do anything wrong.You know how the rest of us became positive members of society BY NOT BEING PIECES OF SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE"-Ronald Reagon

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #140 on: July 09, 2010, 03:40:49 PM »
at least we can all agree that scientology is stupid

conqueso

« Reply #141 on: July 09, 2010, 05:27:54 PM »

That may be debatable in the professional skateboard community

BitchTits

« Reply #142 on: July 09, 2010, 05:38:49 PM »
The Church will sue you for slander. You gotta be careful about what you say.