Author Topic: Walking Dead tv show anticipation thread  (Read 93956 times)

SFblah

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 668
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Walking Dead tv show anticipation thread
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2010, 06:28:31 AM »
I've never heard of the comic before and only watched it because my gf recorded it.  Gotta say it was fucking awesome!

I thought it was really good but the tank scene at the end is what had me hooked.

I fell so far behind on Boardwalk Empire that I don't wanna catch up, and this looks more interesting.

remEMBer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 52
    • emb4ever avatar image
« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2010, 01:00:40 PM »
I've never heard of the comic before and only watched it because my gf recorded it.?  Gotta say it was fucking awesome!

I thought it was really good but the tank scene at the end is what had me hooked.

I fell so far behind on Boardwalk Empire that I don't wanna catch up, and this looks more interesting.
Yeah it was and whatabout  his homie making out with his wife? Damn didn't see that coming, But I really like this series and I can't  wait till next weeks episode !

You should still give Boardwalk Empire a chance! Last week's epidsode was sick epecially when Jimmy takes out the other crew over Greek Town in Chicago..

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2010, 02:01:27 PM »
Pretty good, but everyone's ugly on the show thus far and that could become a huge problem for me. Sharing screen time with half rotted corpses should make you look pretty good, all I saw was 3 d00ds with beards who need to shave.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2010, 05:28:26 AM »
Wow, what an amazing series this is going to be. Darabont is back and I couldnt be more stoked, he was going down a bad road with the shitty movies he was making

I was looking for a few days for the graphic novel of this but couldnt find it anywhere, sort of glad I didnt read it before starting the series because I have no idea what the storyline is or who dies.

The scene where the dad is shooting the rifle from the window waiting for his wife and the main character was looking for the "bicycle lady" was so fucking tight, I watched it 4 times, one of my favourite AMC moments ever

Gotta say one complaint though, the little girl faceshot was a bit much for me, I never get rattled by stuff in TV or movies but that was surprising. I guess because they're zombies no one gives a shit but seemed a little excessive to open the series like that./endpussyrant

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2010, 05:38:56 AM »
found the clip. the music makes it so much better

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2010, 05:41:55 AM »
I absolutely loved the premier and can tell I already have a new obsession. Genuine emotion and drama from a show about zombies.

How does AMC keep finding new ways to own my life?

Jupiter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2010, 08:41:15 AM »
very well done show.

so intense. so real.

The Bullet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2010, 08:54:46 AM »
found the clip. the music makes it so much better

oh man, that scene was SO good

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2010, 11:21:50 AM »
I absolutely loved the premier and can tell I already have a new obsession. Genuine emotion and drama from a show about zombies.

How does AMC keep finding new ways to own my life?
They had a minor misstep with Rubicon, I kept up with that show and it didn't really pay off for me. But this surely makes up for it.

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 613
    • Community Push avatar image
« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2010, 12:35:25 PM »
Is this online anywhere?

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2010, 12:35:47 PM »
Is this online anywhere?

http://www.letmewatchthis.com/tv-2490619-The-Walking-Dead/season-1-episode-1

i avoided all the hoopla surrounding it because people have a way of overhyping a new show but so far its kick ass!
TV really needed a new series that wasn't a reality show nor vampires or superheros.  can't wait til this sunday!

the only thing that bothered me was how his best friend made out with his wife.  its not like he was in a coma for that long.  based on his facial hair growth, maybe a month tops.  it doesn't really make sense that his wife would start a new relationship with some other guy so quickly.  they could have waited a while before dropping that bomb IMO, whatever.   

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2010, 12:53:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Is this online anywhere?
[close]

i avoided all the hoopla surrounding it because people have a way of overhyping a new show but so far its kick ass!
TV really needed a new series that wasn't a reality show nor vampires or superheros.  can't wait til this sunday!

the only thing that bothered me was how his best friend made out with his wife.  its not like he was in a coma for that long.  based on his facial hair growth, maybe a month tops.  it doesn't really make sense that his wife would start a new relationship with some other guy so quickly.  they could have waited a while before dropping that bomb IMO, whatever.   

seems like they were having problems before all the zombie shit went down. Nonetheless its a super shady move by his friend

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #72 on: November 05, 2010, 01:27:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Is this online anywhere?
[close]

[close]

seems like they were having problems before all the zombie shit went down. Nonetheless its a super shady move by his friend

yeah, him and his friend were talking about his marital issues in the beginning of the show.
but still, i think they could have waited a while to bring that into play, it would've made it better if they let the fans like/dislike the characters before throwing that type of monkey wrench into the equation.  build up how good of a friend he has by looking out for his family, how loving his wife is and how she stays true to her husband, then smash it all into bits, kill any hope/love the fans had with a single kiss!  just my 2 cents.         

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2010, 04:08:58 PM »
Episode 2 airs on Sunday, I can't wait.

I just hope it won't turn into a romance drama with the wife and Shane.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2010, 04:30:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Is this online anywhere?
[close]

[close]

[close]

yeah, him and his friend were talking about his marital issues in the beginning of the show.
but still, i think they could have waited a while to bring that into play, it would've made it better if they let the fans like/dislike the characters before throwing that type of monkey wrench into the equation.  build up how good of a friend he has by looking out for his family, how loving his wife is and how she stays true to her husband, then smash it all into bits, kill any hope/love the fans had with a single kiss!  just my 2 cents.         

Don't worry, he'll get what's coming to him.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #75 on: November 07, 2010, 09:07:16 PM »
Another good episode tonight.  For those of you guys who haven't read the books but were worried if you did it would ruin the show, don't.  I've read every issue, and pretty much everything so far has been different and it's kept me guessing. 

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #76 on: November 07, 2010, 09:23:31 PM »
Yeah I only read the first one and it has already been pretty off from that. If I survived all that to find out my wife was fucking my friend id probablyyyy kill em both and eat the son. 

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #77 on: November 08, 2010, 01:08:03 AM »
DAMN, that part where they were pretending to be zombies was intense as fuck, even if it was abd by shawn of the dead.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1001
« Reply #78 on: November 08, 2010, 10:38:46 AM »
I haven't read the books but I can already tell what's going to happen to Shane. That dude is straight fucked.

I'm assuming we haven't seen the last of Dixon either. Now we'll have a psychopath hunting the survivors as well as the undead. My question is - will Dixon be able to saw the cuffs? Or is he going to saw his arm off at the wrist? I think that would just seal the deal on how committed he is to escape and find the others.

I was genuinely happy Glenn survived. I was pumped when he was speeding down the freeway at the end.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #79 on: November 08, 2010, 11:14:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Is this online anywhere?
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Don't worry, he'll get what's coming to him.

...yeah, the whole wife/Shane thing is spot on with the comic.

Also, you have to consider that there's no reason for them to believe that Rick is anything more than a zombie, and people like to fuck.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: November 08, 2010, 11:16:12 AM »
I haven't read the books but I can already tell what's going to happen to Shane. That dude is straight fucked.

I'm assuming we haven't seen the last of Dixon either. Now we'll have a psychopath hunting the survivors as well as the undead. My question is - will Dixon be able to saw the cuffs? Or is he going to saw his arm off at the wrist? I think that would just seal the deal on how committed he is to escape and find the others.

I was genuinely happy Glenn survived. I was pumped when he was speeding down the freeway at the end.

i think the black dude is going to go back for dixon.  theres no way hes going to leave him down and out like that, besides he locked the door on the way out to protect him.  hes going back, its just a matter of when.        
this show frickin rocks.  i was on the edge of my seat that whole episode, can't wait til next week!

The Bullet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #81 on: November 08, 2010, 11:33:33 AM »
did he lock the door to protect him?

Makes sense, but I figured he locked the door to make sure if he does get out of those cuffs he's double screwed by being locked up on the roof because now he's scared that he'll be after him if he gets out.

show kicks ass.  The walking down the street covered in guts was so intense

« Reply #82 on: November 08, 2010, 12:08:58 PM »
DAMN, that part where they were pretending to be zombies was intense as fuck, even if it was abd by shawn of the dead.

That part was so good. You could feel the tension when the one zombie behind them was just staring at them and soon others were following. I'm glad the one dude got away in the Dodge Challenger. I was stoked as he flew down the wrong lanes of the freeway with the car alarm blaring. Next week looks pretty intense too.

LloydChristmas

« Reply #83 on: November 08, 2010, 01:01:11 PM »
i hate the whoring wife sidestory, pisses me right off.  shit will hit the fan when he finds out.

Jupiter

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #84 on: November 08, 2010, 01:10:58 PM »

we need more guts

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #85 on: November 08, 2010, 02:18:30 PM »
how fucking good is that show? i mean, yeah, i love zombie flicks, but this one is one of the first where i would say: yeah, their actions seem plausible.

i?m glad i didnt read the comics. or even hear of them for that matter....more tension now.

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #86 on: November 08, 2010, 03:48:16 PM »
before this show I couldn't remember the last time I was on the edge of my seat watching a zombie flick. this show is so amazing, the scene when they're covered in guts had me both laughing my ass off and biting my nails. need more eps now!

remEMBer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 52
    • emb4ever avatar image
« Reply #87 on: November 08, 2010, 06:59:09 PM »
The show is soo fucking good and intense love it and I can't wait for next week's episode. One of the best shows out right now.

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #88 on: November 08, 2010, 08:17:55 PM »
You guys are making me wish I appreciated this to nearly the same level.

nocomply

• Rep: 147
  • Handsome
« Reply #89 on: November 09, 2010, 07:09:09 AM »
shit. this is one of those threads I've completely ignored for some reason. How many have aired so far? 2?