Author Topic: Moving to Australia...?  (Read 15808 times)

Blue Fescue

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Moving to Australia...?
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2010, 10:01:37 PM »
I guess those guys slightly resemble bogans but not really. They would need more quicksilver tank tops southern cross tattoos and flips

The Drew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2010, 10:32:36 PM »
rfox... you live in sydney right?... the weswtern suburbs is "lad" paradise

and there a lots of bogans everywhere...

oh yeah have fun sexualhelon, australia is a great place

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2010, 10:59:07 PM »
rfox... you live in sydney right?... the weswtern suburbs is "lad" paradise

and there a lots of bogans everywhere...

oh yeah have fun sexualhelon, australia is a great place

There are 'lebos' out there but I have never heard them referred to as 'lads'.  or there are westies

and since the name of the picture he posted is "chavs"  its most likely british

but i am probably labouring the point, it doesn't really matter
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 11:05:01 PM by rfox »

matt.

• Rep: -6
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2010, 11:21:20 PM »
I'm from Sydney and everybody knows about lads.

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2010, 12:22:20 AM »
yeah, I don't know I guess I just never heard it before

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2010, 12:40:02 AM »
Haha you guys are the voice of truth....all this info makes me so stoked. Waterloo shantell = HAHAHAHAHAHA. I typed in her name in google to see what you were talking about and found her crazy ass myspace. Just watched windsor james ask the phelper and he's talking about how awesome australia is and how all the chicks are what's up. Can't wait. I'm actually going from la, to nyc for a bit, then london, and THEN Australia but all this stokeness makes me want to skip nyc and london...just head straight there. I've actually done a lot of traveling in my day....backpacked europe, been to some caribean islands, india, southeast asia, and china but the place I've always wanted to go the most is australia. FUCK YEAH!

Hobochilli

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 321
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2010, 01:07:42 AM »
Oh....and in response to the ogre load thing:

Didn't know this was in Australia but I did know it's in Canada. U.S. too politically correct to enjoy a nice ogre load?
HAHAHAHAHA!

ticklefingers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • middleweight lurker
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2010, 01:55:31 AM »
yeah, I don't know I guess I just never heard it before

They usually wear running shorts too. You probably thought they were coming back from a footy match

Estoowhit

• Rep: 4
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2010, 02:54:48 AM »

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2010, 03:58:05 AM »
I think I need the collar up on the polo shirt to recognize them.  But yeah I see those guys I didn't know they were their own category

Let's skate when you get here sexualhelon

buttpirate

• Rep: 32
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2010, 05:44:55 AM »
I think I need the collar up on the polo shirt to recognize them.  But yeah I see those guys I didn't know they were their own category

they have an official uniform - nautica cap, polo/rugby polo, running shorts or track pants, and nike runners.  if you want in the secret passcode is 'eshays' and to have cigarettes for them to bum. 

yep yep

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2010, 06:09:05 PM »
i've been to australia 3 times. i stayed in melbourne once, sydney once, than a little beach town in sydney called bondi beach. i like melbourne better than sydney except for the fact that bondi beach is in sydney. i feel like bondi beach is the best place in the world. australia is definitely my favorite place in the whole world. the only thing that i really didnt like was that there isnt mexican food anywhere and thats pretty much a staple in my diet. in my experience the girls walk up to the guys in australia and as soon as they find out your from the US its a wrap. definitely good times over there...

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2010, 10:28:56 PM »
i've been to australia 3 times. i stayed in melbourne once, sydney once, than a little beach town in sydney called bondi beach. i like melbourne better than sydney except for the fact that bondi beach is in sydney. i feel like bondi beach is the best place in the world. australia is definitely my favorite place in the whole world. the only thing that i really didnt like was that there isnt mexican food anywhere and thats pretty much a staple in my diet. in my experience the girls walk up to the guys in australia and as soon as they find out your from the US its a wrap. definitely good times over there...
All good news to me. I hate mexican food and it actually kind of pisses me off being here in SoCal that all people want to eat is mexican food and when I'm like "that shit sucks" it's almost like people get offended by it. Thai, Indian, and sushi is where it's at. Oh and bakeries too.

lighting

• Rep: -19
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2010, 11:49:52 PM »
I didn't want to read this whole two pages but hopefully you are moving from some third world country to Australia. You're not moving from the United States of America to Australia are you? If you are you're a fucking faggot.
then I wuz
couchlocked
til' tha
morning

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2010, 12:18:36 AM »
I didn't want to read this whole two pages but hopefully you are moving from some third world country to Australia. You're not moving from the United States of America to Australia are you? If you are you're a fucking faggot.
Well, I'm gonna make a stop in some third world country on the way there so your mom can give me a rusty trombone.

lighting

« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2010, 12:26:35 AM »
If I had the chance to meet you I'd slap your pretty little face faggot.
then I wuz
couchlocked
til' tha
morning

ticklefingers

• SLAP Pal
  • middleweight lurker
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2010, 12:33:35 AM »

he's moving from san diego. worst. place. ever.

lighting

« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2010, 12:52:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

OC holla
then I wuz
couchlocked
til' tha
morning

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2010, 05:01:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Haha I've been worse places but I concur....SoCal in general is fucking lame. Been here a year between LA and SD, definitely over it. People are shitty out here and I always say if you want to be in the skateboarding industry this is obviously where it's at but if you just wanna skate and have fun it fucking blows. Where are you from Deaner? And thanks for telling me I'm pretty lighting.

ticklefingers

• SLAP Pal
  • middleweight lurker
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2010, 05:38:14 PM »
from the bay area. i'm really jealous of your opportunity. what region of Australia are you moving to?

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2010, 05:49:06 PM »
from the bay area. i'm really jealous of your opportunity. what region of Australia are you moving to?
Bay area is pretty legit...I'd probably live in Berkeley if I was gonna move up there. NSW, specifically Sydney, or at least that's where I'm going to start off. A lot of people say they prefer Melbourne which I'm going to check out as well. I've got a working holiday visa that's good for 2 years and in that time, assuming I would actually want to permanently migrate to australia, I have some friends down there who say they can most likely hook it up with work sponsor.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2010, 08:05:33 PM »
go to sydney...melbourne is kind of lame

ticklefingers

• SLAP Pal
  • middleweight lurker
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2010, 09:55:50 PM »
dont you live 30 mins outside of melbs?

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2010, 01:25:59 AM »
Yeah but I'm in Melbourne pretty much everyday of the week for school or skating with friends. Maybe I'm just over it because of the winter weather but lately everything about it has been kind of bumming me out. Don't get me wrong Melbourne is a cool place but I think Sydney is just way way sicker.

Killabeez

« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2010, 03:39:27 AM »
I am from Australia, as if you havent heard about lads they are everywhere with their adidas bum bags and short shorts

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2010, 04:00:05 AM »
Man I don't know. My wife says she sees them at school so I will keep a look out.

And I read this article which should help me out
http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/lifematters/tribes-of-the-sydney-20100107-lv15.html
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 04:14:08 AM by rfox »

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2010, 05:05:20 PM »

Let's skate when you get here sexualhelon
Fuck yeah! So stoked, I was hoping someone would extend an invitation to meet up and shred. I'll PM you once I'm there. I just booked my tickets to fly over to nyc for a week, then over to london to hang out with some friends there and around europe but I definitely plan on making it to Sydney in time to break in the new year.

ticklefingers

• SLAP Pal
  • middleweight lurker
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2010, 07:06:30 PM »
rfox,

How old are you? Do you skate waterloo? When I was there I hung out with Sparkes, Mark Rowe, Bjorn and crew. Do you know those guys? Do you see Shantell around?

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2010, 08:24:42 PM »
I am 31 years old.  I actually live about 3 blocks from waterloo, near the mcdonald's down the hill and yes, last year I didn't have a job for a while so I would skate the park every morning before people got there and no matter what time I got there shantell would be there it was weird.

I don't know anybody here, I skate with beerkeg when he comes up from melbourne and some random people at redfern oval.  I would like to know people to skate with but I am poor at that for some reason.  didn't really know anybody to skate with in melbourne either and I was there for almost 5 years.

Sexualhelon,

new years would be good, i will have a couple weeks off work and I don't think we are going back to the US this year.  Plus the beach is so good then.  let me know.  there are some other sydney slap people I believe so we could probably get them involved.

ticklefingers

• SLAP Pal
  • middleweight lurker
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2010, 09:21:04 PM »
I am 31 years old.  I actually live about 3 blocks from waterloo, near the mcdonald's down the hill and yes, last year I didn't have a job for a while so I would skate the park every morning before people got there and no matter what time I got there shantell would be there it was weird.

I don't know anybody here, I skate with beerkeg when he comes up from melbourne and some random people at redfern oval.  I would like to know people to skate with but I am poor at that for some reason.  didn't really know anybody to skate with in melbourne either and I was there for almost 5 years.

Sexualhelon,

new years would be good, i will have a couple weeks off work and I don't think we are going back to the US this year.  Plus the beach is so good then.  let me know.  there are some other sydney slap people I believe so we could probably get them involved.

is it because you look like Moby? is this you?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 09:22:40 PM by deaner »