Author Topic: whatya think of airspeed?  (Read 8408 times)

sleepypancakes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: whatya think of airspeed?
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2010, 01:02:05 PM »
At least svitak is making his money

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2010, 01:29:28 PM »
it looks like they ripped out a page from the habitat footwear catalogue and tried modeling the sherwood after it, layout, fonts, spiel etc.

krewkruxklan

• Rep: 17
    • SUPRFI$CAL avatar image
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2010, 01:47:14 PM »
Expand Quote
as shitty as their shoes are, at least they are giving kids who have shitty parents and no money a chance at some cheaper shoes.
[close]
I was at the park a few weeks ago and there was a young kid from my town who I know is from a really poor family. Some other kids were clowning him for his Airspeeds. I shit you not. The guy I was skating with told the older kids to shut the fuck up and told the little kid that he thought that his airspeeds were rad. I thought that was pretty awesome cuz you could see how bummed he was that these older kids were being dicks. Anyway yeah at least he has skate shoes... and honestly they weren't that bad.
i've noticed over the years skateboarders show the tendancy to be pretty gay in general.
i mean, somtimes we sound like little school girls clowing people for not wearing the cool brands.  airspeed may be just another attempt from a coropration to get their hands into skateboarding, but i see no difference between them and nike or adidas (etc.), minus the fact that the latter have better marketing.

if a kid cant afford the cool brands at least shit like this can keep less fortunate kids skating.

fuck, a pair of janoski's can run for $130 easily in canada...disgusting.

cats is nice but I aint seen god since hova spit that navy blue to me
SUPRFI$CAL

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2010, 02:09:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
as shitty as their shoes are, at least they are giving kids who have shitty parents and no money a chance at some cheaper shoes.
[close]
I was at the park a few weeks ago and there was a young kid from my town who I know is from a really poor family. Some other kids were clowning him for his Airspeeds. I shit you not. The guy I was skating with told the older kids to shut the fuck up and told the little kid that he thought that his airspeeds were rad. I thought that was pretty awesome cuz you could see how bummed he was that these older kids were being dicks. Anyway yeah at least he has skate shoes... and honestly they weren't that bad.
[close]
i've noticed over the years skateboarders show the tendancy to be pretty gay in general.
i mean, somtimes we sound like little school girls clowing people for not wearing the cool brands.  airspeed may be just another attempt from a coropration to get their hands into skateboarding, but i see no difference between them and nike or adidas (etc.), minus the fact that the latter have better marketing.

if a kid cant afford the cool brands at least shit like this can keep less fortunate kids skating.

holy shit...are there any canada specific shoe brands?

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2010, 02:15:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Good for your friend. I grew up feeling poor sometimes and remember getting made fun of for my Pro Wings.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2010, 02:33:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Good for your friend. I grew up feeling poor sometimes and remember getting made fun of for my Pro Wings.

I remember getting clowned for my fake Adidas shoes in 7th grade. Good on your friend for sticking up for that dude.

cheese

• Rep: -68
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2010, 02:57:59 PM »
i bought a pair to test em and cause skate shoes are too damn expensive, and there really not that bad. theres alottt of lame things going on company wise, but there keeping guys who dont got alot of money like me skating.

kevbo999

« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2010, 04:01:04 PM »
Growing up playing hockey I got clowned for having cheap gear, and it definitely didn't help my on or off-ice confidence.  It's so stupid because even to play with cheap gear is rich kid shit.  It bums me out that shit's happening in skating. 

With skating though.. you only have to hit up a thrift store to look like your favorite pro.  So vibing kids with Airspeeds is really only helping them get better taste.

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2010, 04:09:42 PM »
not airspeed, but i almost bought these a couple of weeks ago because they're 10 bucks and actually look kinda good

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_035B018303690001P?&url=intcamp
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

Mullet Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -424
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2010, 04:46:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Find out that kid's shoe size, and someone on here hook him up.

In fact, if you're willing to help the kid out, pm me and I'll do my best to send you some product to give to him.

sweets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • but(t) fuck, who's keeping track?
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2010, 05:19:25 PM »
not airspeed, but i almost bought these a couple of weeks ago because they're 10 bucks and actually look kinda good

What did the sole look like? Those are the best and cheapest Era knock-off I've ever seen.
"instead of typing out some dumb reply to this post, go make some art, smell your own body, mate with your own hand, take a picture of your penis when it is in half-boner-mode and post it on slap." Tony

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2010, 05:22:42 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

What did the sole look like? Those are the best and cheapest Era knock-off I've ever seen.
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2010, 05:44:32 PM »
I would skate those NSS, just take off the tag and no one would even know.

jalopy james

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -53
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2010, 06:17:14 PM »
yeah i've worn their lows and their highs and they weren't bad. suede lasted waaaaay longer than i expected. i bought the lows first to work in and found out they were pretty comfy. like knock-off lakai or something. i hate non-skid work shoes so those were the best option considering the money i had to spend.  i could care less who rides for them (they're wal-mart shoes) but they were way better than i thought. don't knock it til you try it. team, image, branding, even style be damned. it was an alright skate shoe. :p
KFC should give cockatiels with their variety bucket, so you can eat one bird and love another.

smally pooperman

• Rep: -7
  • R.I.P Farrah
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2010, 11:28:16 PM »
just wear watever shoes you can afford to keep you skating who gives a fuck what shoes your wearing ride a cheap board to if you have to this type of shit is so stupid.

krewkruxklan

• Rep: 17
    • SUPRFI$CAL avatar image
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2010, 11:41:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
holy shit...are there any canada specific shoe brands?
not that im aware of.
your typical shop carries the expected name brands; and most shops starting price point for shoes is around $60-70-we dont even wanna get into hardgoods either.
i think shoe companies should push pricepoint shoes, as someone mentioned above.

cats is nice but I aint seen god since hova spit that navy blue to me
SUPRFI$CAL

sid vicious

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2010, 01:45:31 AM »
amazing shoes for gardening

TrainWreck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -77
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2010, 01:46:24 AM »

I think it would be sick if they hooked up this guy.

and then fell off the face of the earth forever and ever.

someone needs to hook this guy up ... nice edit ... loved the music and style ...

Farz

• Rep: 12
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2010, 03:41:51 AM »

That 360 flip at the end was reminiscent of David Lee Roth

barkeep11

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -135
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2010, 05:28:50 AM »
I love how this thread was started by someone named cheese... it speaks volumes!

kazbenson

• Rep: -271
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2010, 06:22:46 AM »
Is it true that airspeed are wall-mart exclusive?
koston's career isn't based on the site...

grimcity

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2010, 07:47:42 AM »
Is it true that airspeed are wall-mart exclusive?

Yep, they're both exclusive and ubiquitous.

scary tan guy

« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2010, 08:02:19 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

someone needs to hook this guy up ... nice edit ... loved the music and style ...

That hard flip at 3:10 was 2legitmayne, I replayed it about 20 times

Narcissus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2010, 08:32:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It'd be cool if they pulled a Toms and matched each shoe purchase with one for some kid from an impoverished area that skates.

Mister, we're trying to help the homeless. It's bad enough we've got some guy out there trying to strap some Airspeed's to 'em!

But for real, for part-time preachers, real estate agents and knob polishers, they skate pretty good.

Sick features:
•   Canvas oxford
•   Lace closure
•   Upper: Fabric
•   Rubber and fabric outsole
•   Man made lining

the fuck?
i saw my grandma bail off a 4 set once in my house and she even got up and came to red lobster after.
Quote from: The Kitten!
get wasted and pass out.

sweets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • but(t) fuck, who's keeping track?
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2010, 08:40:07 AM »

Sick features:
•   Canvas oxford
•   Lace closure
•   Upper: Fabric
•   Rubber and fabric outsole
•   Man made lining

the fuck?

[/quote]

You're right. I prefer mine grown organically like Vov's pro model.
"instead of typing out some dumb reply to this post, go make some art, smell your own body, mate with your own hand, take a picture of your penis when it is in half-boner-mode and post it on slap." Tony

cheese

• Rep: -68
« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2010, 08:52:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

that was really fucking sick, i wanted to say something about sammy baca and nyjah huston making love and producing this. but itd be really lame, and is really lame

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2010, 09:21:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

the sad part is its not like any of these skate fashionistas gotta job or anything.
theres one kid that skates in my neighborhood who stays talking shit on everyones gear. 
mind you he has no job, no hustle, just rich parents that buy him whatever he wants.
spoiled rich kids are seriously the worst.

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2010, 09:43:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
that was really fucking sick, i wanted to say something about sammy baca and nyjah huston making love and producing this. but itd be really lame, and is really lame

and you did.
you some closet dick-in-da-booty ass nigga.

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -118
« Reply #58 on: July 07, 2010, 11:29:37 AM »
the price is no defense for buying those stupid shoes. wal mart makes more money with a 20 dollar shoe than a skate shop does with a 60 dollar shoe. most skateshops have at least one pair of sale shoes for $20 also shoes at thrift stores are usually less than $10. you can also use ebay to get some super cheap shoes. im not even "poor" but i cant afford to spend 60 bucks on a pair of shoes but i manage to always have a few pairs of shoes. 

NYCasphaltSurfer

• Rep: -8
« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2010, 11:48:31 AM »

It'd be cool if they pulled a Toms and matched each shoe purchase with one for some kid from an impoverished area that skates.

That's a great idea!