Author Topic: whatya think of airspeed?  (Read 8407 times)

krewkruxklan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 17
    • SUPRFI$CAL avatar image
Re: whatya think of airspeed?
« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2010, 11:58:07 AM »
the price is no defense for buying those stupid shoes. wal mart makes more money with a 20 dollar shoe than a skate shop does with a 60 dollar shoe. most skateshops have at least one pair of sale shoes for $20 also shoes at thrift stores are usually less than $10. you can also use ebay to get some super cheap shoes. im not even "poor" but i cant afford to spend 60 bucks on a pair of shoes but i manage to always have a few pairs of shoes. 
too bad nike and wal-mart are the same entity.
would airspeed be more legit if they carried them at your local shop?

cats is nice but I aint seen god since hova spit that navy blue to me
SUPRFI$CAL

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2010, 12:23:01 PM »
clowning on peoples gear is a time honored tradition, but sometimes, you gotta do what you gotta do to keep skating. if that means buying shitty shoes for less, buy that shit. its better to be clowned and skate than not skating at all.

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -118
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2010, 12:26:59 PM »
i never said that someone should buy nikes

if airspeed was sold in skateshops and not at walmart, yes they would be MORE legit, but not legit.

krewkruxklan

« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2010, 06:26:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]
if airspeed was sold in skateshops and not at walmart, yes they would be MORE legit, but not legit.
fair enough.
either way, my critique still stands: where something is sold doesn't really change the fact that the money ends up in greedy hands-wal-mart, nike, adidas, vf coropration, w/e. because the general public stands behind specific brands and thinks theyre cool doesn't make em' legitamate. i don't know much about the shoe industry, but im sure even the most "core" or "legit" brands are still made cheaply at factories in china or the 3rd world.

SUPRFI$CAL

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2010, 08:18:02 PM »
wow this thread might be the most attention airspeeds ever had.

scary tan guy

« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2010, 08:32:17 PM »
If anything, wearing airspeeds while ripping would only gain you more respect.... once trend followers see that you don't give a fuck about what people think.

Mullet Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -424
« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2010, 09:07:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
fair enough.
either way, my critique still stands: where something is sold doesn't really change the fact that the money ends up in greedy hands-wal-mart, nike, adidas, vf coropration, w/e. because the general public stands behind specific brands and thinks theyre cool doesn't make em' legitamate. i don't know much about the shoe industry, but im sure even the most "core" or "legit" brands are still made cheaply at factories in china or the 3rd world.

Dickies are sold in Walmart.

grimcity

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2010, 09:19:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
fair enough.

Yeah, a poster brought up that New Balance was the only US based shoe manufacturer he could find (they're not 100% but they do a significant amount here). I tried to wrote what I thought was a pretty decent email about them considering producing skate shoes, but they weren't into it.

krewkruxklan

« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2010, 11:16:03 PM »

Dickies are sold in Walmart.
....and?

Yeah, a poster brought up that New Balance was the only US based shoe manufacturer he could find (they're not 100% but they do a significant amount here). I tried to wrote what I thought was a pretty decent email about them considering producing skate shoes, but they weren't into it.
LOL actually suprising that they weren't down for it. give it some time, after the street leauge establishes itself we'll be recognized as the athetes we really are and NB will hop on board.

SUPRFI$CAL

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2011, 12:34:21 AM »
shit just got real
ableSkateMag.com

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #70 on: April 07, 2011, 08:12:38 AM »
Could not be any worse than everybodys favorite garbage vans, fuck them.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1071
« Reply #71 on: April 07, 2011, 11:30:30 AM »
i feel like airspeed could be able to assemble a better(by better i mean more popular) team if they really tried. Their am rooster isnt that impressive. that video was nice from a cinematic stand point.

they arent the stylish shoes out, id buy a pair . they're only 20$ round here. and i care more about skating than how cool i look.

but if you're looking for a good pair of cheap skate shows i hit up ross's in black neighborhoods. last time i did i got a pair of lakai's for 7$ and a pair of dc's for $12.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2011, 04:43:31 PM »
what starbury is to basketball airspeed is to skateboarding (not into basketball at all, so don't even think about hating on me)