Author Topic: 3ft Mini Ramp  (Read 6931 times)

tomfohr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
3ft Mini Ramp
« on: September 04, 2006, 12:26:25 PM »
I'm building a 3ft. tall mini ramp in my garage and was wondering what a good length would be for it. It is going to be 3ft tall and 12 ft wide... but we are just unsure of a good length that you will be able to hold your speed on. We don't want to make it too long because then we will lose all of our speed but don't want it to short of couse either. Any suggestions?

fuckingvegan

Re: 3ft Mini Ramp
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 02:20:02 PM »
I'm building a 3ft. tall mini ramp in my garage and was wondering what a good length would be for it. It is going to be 3ft tall and 12 ft wide... but we are just unsure of a good length that you will be able to hold your speed on. We don't want to make it too long because then we will lose all of our speed but don't want it to short of couse either. Any suggestions?

Maybe 8ft, I like my ramps with lesser flat.

Edward Penishands

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 04:46:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Maybe 8ft, I like my ramps with lesser flat.

id say go 10 considering the skatepark mini i go to is 5' high and 22 feet long and it's just a tad bit long.

sleeeping

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 07:06:25 PM »
Yeah we built a mini ramp that was 2.5 feet high and it only had  8 feet of flat and it was way too fast, at least 10, 12 feet if possible. all though after a few weeks skating something like that will make you quick on your toes.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 07:54:31 PM »
if you put too much flat it'll be a bitch to keep your speed...

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 275
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2006, 08:26:38 PM »
I've got a 4 ft tall mini ramp in my shop, it's got 4 foot decks on both sides, and the transitions are around 5 ft each, so the flat is 12 foot. THe whole thing is 30 feet long

tomfohr

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2006, 08:44:17 PM »
well at max, i think i have about 25ft since its in my garage... i think it should do the trick, about how much flat do you think would be good?

mikefork

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2006, 09:43:16 PM »
Yeah we built a mini ramp that was 2.5 feet high and it only had  8 feet of flat and it was way too fast, at least 10, 12 feet if possible. all though after a few weeks skating something like that will make you quick on your toes.
i love mini ramps like that. it keeps you on top of your game and it just feels like you have a lot more raw power

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2006, 09:52:36 PM »
8 feet of flat is perfect.

trust me.

theloniousmonk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2006, 08:43:21 AM »
So with 25 feet for length total maybe try:
(2) 5 foot lenght transitions =10ft
(1) 2 foot deck                      =2ft
(1) 3 foot deck                      =3ft
--------------------------------------------
                                             15 ft.

that will give you 10 feet of flat, which for a 3 foot mini should be good. Maybe even just do a 1 foot deck on one side and a full 4 foot deck on the other so you can fully do mannys up on the deck, but nobody will really be able to stand on the other side. a nice big deck is good to have on a ramp

tomfohr

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2006, 01:52:31 PM »
Okay so I think I am going to do a smaller scale version of the skatepark by my houses mini ramp. I have exactly 24ft (length) and 12ft (width) to use and the rafters in my garage are 9ft high, do you think that 2 1/2ft or 3ft would be better?

theloniousmonk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2006, 06:20:33 PM »
if you can, go 3 feet, you crunch down alot when you do coling tricks, and it's not like you are going to air out that high, well shit if you can air out that high good for you. A good 3 foot mini would kill it. Everyone always seems to want a mellow ramp, but you will get used to whatever. My ramp the coping sticks out way far, but it's so easy to do slides on.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2006, 08:55:53 PM »
man...we used to always more or less make the same ramp.....8 feet flat, 4 foot high, 8 foot trannys, 8 feet wide...12 feet if we were lucky....