Author Topic: Deck Specs  (Read 4902 times)

Skate_lurker_Rob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -48
  • Do it yourself or someone else will fuck it up!
Re: Deck Specs
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2018, 05:30:51 PM »
Theres no real good place for this so i figured asking those who nerd out on 1/8th inches might be the best.

Do any of you guys feel your board is smaller when its dark?

i went skating last night for maybe 15 minutes before it was dark out. leaving my place board felt normal and good, coming back down the same street a while later my board felt like a twig

only thing that changed was it was noticeably darker

Umm ate a bunch of LSD and my board and I were linked as one and landed many tricks I never thought possible, Birmingham Alabama pickwick center kickflipped the set after 20+ tries and landed it sketchy in footage but while I was on acid it was rad..... but yeah I see that baords seem smaller when I have my glasses off during night time skate sessions.
Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

PPPPFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTT I fart on your pillow bare ass

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2018, 05:59:54 PM »
**Warning: Gear Nerd post** In my old age, nose and tail length are most important to me, more than any other specs. If a tail is under 6.5 it's a non starter. It goes back in the deck rack. 6.5 is the minimum. My favorite shape, bar none, is the 8.125 Generator shape Isle uses. I am going back to it after this Quasi is done. The tail is 6.6ish and perfectly shaped for tailslides. I can only do 3 tricks, one of which is tailside.

The tail on Crail's G027 is a whopping 6.75. Tailsliders dream.

revfredmorton

• Rep: -50
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2018, 09:31:00 PM »
ive been told by those in the know that thickness is more inportant than length.

B. Hopper

• Rep: 3
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2018, 10:36:53 PM »
Theory proven. This is the Kenny Anderson G042 shape. 8.5" wide, but only a 14" wheelbase and 31.625 length. Just got hip to the Ace trucks too from Indy, so the wheelbase is even shorter.

The length though. Immediately my kickflips, mannys, and my skating in general all started clicking. My points of balance and foot placement naturally line up and I credit the length first and foremost. The wheelbase 2nd, and the width is of no significance. I've been on an 8.25 and 8.38 in the weeks leading up to this deck.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkTotyeFJny/?taken-by=boarderhoppersskatemedia
44 years young. Skatin' since '80. Take yours slams, get up smiling, say #thankyouskateboarding, and get back up and do it again. Because FUN.

B. Hopper

• Rep: 3
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2018, 09:01:02 AM »
Theory further proven. I stand about 5'8". This is an 8.25"W, 14" WB, but a 31" L! Even shorter than the Chocolate, which I already thought was SHORT.

This is probably the limit for how short I could comfortably go, but it's damn near perfection. I'm sure there's some sort of inseam vs. deck length formula to be determined that would make for a good nerd out session but I love this thing.

More control. More responsive.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bkwf1MIl08u/?taken-by=boarderhoppersskatemedia
44 years young. Skatin' since '80. Take yours slams, get up smiling, say #thankyouskateboarding, and get back up and do it again. Because FUN.