Author Topic: Film Trucks  (Read 14007 times)

BALARGUE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
Re: Film Trucks
« Reply #120 on: June 21, 2022, 03:38:05 AM »
Currently got some 8.75 films on my cruiser, turning is amazing.
Fucked around in a park a bit today, the grind on concrete was great, but I could not grind on angle iron at all, especially crooked grinds stuck immediately. Other trucks have no problem at all on this angle iron.
Is that the case in general? Metal coping seemed to work just fine.
Cruiser means soft wheels ?
If that's the case, no surprise your crooked are off

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 851
« Reply #121 on: June 21, 2022, 05:43:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Height was the same, about 53mm to the axle. I don't have a 6 hole set to compare with.
[close]
Did you actually find 53mm in height? Pretty sure my 4 holes are 55mm.

Realized I didn't answer this. Yes, around 53mm. These are the first run hollows and raws, so I dont know whats changed and don't care enough to get another pair.

I just want to be clear here though, you guys are measuring to the middle of the axle right? That's how truck "heights" are typically listed so if you're measuring to the top (or to the hanger) you're going to be slightly over.  I know lots of people who swear their wheelbase is wrong because they're measuring from the ends of the holes rather than the middle and there's also the whole with/without concave issue with decks so I'm going to assume that's at least part of the confusion.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #122 on: December 06, 2022, 07:13:51 AM »
Film makes IKPs

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
« Reply #123 on: December 06, 2022, 08:39:05 AM »

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #124 on: December 06, 2022, 09:13:33 AM »
Yeah, they did.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #125 on: December 06, 2022, 01:37:22 PM »
My bad. I guess that instagram post was for people like me who just didn't know.

GumOnMyGrip

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Rep: 221
« Reply #126 on: February 25, 2023, 03:55:17 PM »
Dragging this up to see if anyone has any new good aftermarket bushing combos. I’ve got a set of 6.0 I’m about to set up but I prefer just under jiggle loose.

emotional_degloving

• Rep: 44
« Reply #127 on: February 25, 2023, 06:32:44 PM »
Dragging this up to see if anyone has any new good aftermarket bushing combos. I’ve got a set of 6.0 I’m about to set up but I prefer just under jiggle loose.

I run them with 98a Shorty's bushings without a bottom washer, shit works really well and are loose even though the bushings duro is rock hard.

GumOnMyGrip

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Rep: 221
« Reply #128 on: February 25, 2023, 07:37:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I run them with 98a Shorty's bushings without a bottom washer, shit works really well and are loose even though the bushings duro is rock hard.

Going to try - thanks!

Richard Skidder

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 456
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #129 on: March 23, 2023, 06:19:04 AM »

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
« Reply #130 on: March 23, 2023, 12:39:12 PM »

Damn that quality hight.

The film standard bushings are really great though

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 312
« Reply #131 on: March 23, 2023, 01:05:44 PM »
didnt tensor do this bushing system when they first came out?
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

El Freegano

• Rep: 217
« Reply #132 on: March 23, 2023, 01:38:24 PM »
this design works great and the bushings are very good, but when the temperature is low they become very stiff.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #133 on: March 23, 2023, 02:53:11 PM »
this design works great and the bushings are very good, but when the temperature is low they become very stiff.
this! It’s like you have wood for bushings, very dangerous if you run out the door on a cold morning and jump on your board …

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

ejazzle

• Rep: 77
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #134 on: March 23, 2023, 05:47:15 PM »
Idk if I’m going crazy but my board seems significantly quieter with thunders than it did with my ventures. I feel like a ninja.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 851
« Reply #135 on: March 24, 2023, 02:06:36 AM »

Honestly as long as it's warm out the film bushings are some of the best I've tried. The nipple works and this is one of those things like aces where years later I still haven't found anything that feels quite like the stock ones. Actually quite the opposite, I run film bushings in other trucks.

If you absolutely must tinker they sell aftermarkets. They're sold out on the eurotings site right now (they only restock a few times a year it seems) but hop on insta and DM Jeremie like a man and he can probably hook it up if you don't mind waiting a few weeks for shipping from Europe. I had to do that mid pandemic and he was super cool about it and even hooked me up with all kinds of film stickers and wax and rolling papers and shit. I would absolutely not defile my films with doh-dohs, they're a responsive truck and those are spongey as hell.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #136 on: March 24, 2023, 03:18:21 AM »
didnt tensor do this bushing system when they first came out?
Yes but if I'm remembering correctly the bottom bushing also had a notch in it so the two bushing would kind of connect. Film originally were trucks for dwindle completes so wouldn't be surprised if they were originally tensor bushings and they just kept the design.

MxsDx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #137 on: September 08, 2023, 06:40:41 PM »
Anyone skating the inverted kingpin versions? Any issues? I assume that all inverted kingpin trucks have issues with self loosening, but would love to be wrong about that.

Roger__Kook

• Rep: 5
« Reply #138 on: September 19, 2023, 04:05:21 AM »
Anyone skating the inverted kingpin versions? Any issues? I assume that all inverted kingpin trucks have issues with self loosening, but would love to be wrong about that.
I've ridden them, they don't self loosen as far as I could tell, but after a while the kingpin hole will oval out unless you epoxy the nut in place.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #139 on: September 19, 2023, 05:48:49 AM »
I just stuck krux inverted kingpins in mine, but I’ve retired them recently… I don’t hate the turn/ feel/ pop but I had to replace the bushings (with bones ones) because I HATE how they freeze up over winter

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Lazyskater

« Reply #140 on: September 19, 2023, 09:36:18 AM »
I just stuck krux inverted kingpins in mine, but I’ve retired them recently… I don’t hate the turn/ feel/ pop but I had to replace the bushings (with bones ones) because I HATE how they freeze up over winter

I agree the film bushings basically turned to rocks during a east coast winter 

jsettle

• Rep: 134
« Reply #141 on: September 24, 2023, 07:03:47 PM »
Anyone know the height of the standard 5.5 film trucks? Everywhere i look is saying something different. Some say 55, some say 54, some say 53 lol. I just got my first set of 5.5s that my friend gave me to try. Got them on an 8.25 isle with 55mm Conical fulls. Can't wait to try them out and see how they are. Will report back after riding them!

Lo-fi Explosion

• Rep: 7
« Reply #142 on: September 25, 2023, 12:03:29 AM »
Anyone know the height of the standard 5.5 film trucks? Everywhere i look is saying something different. Some say 55, some say 54, some say 53 lol. I just got my first set of 5.5s that my friend gave me to try. Got them on an 8.25 isle with 55mm Conical fulls. Can't wait to try them out and see how they are. Will report back after riding them!

55= 4-hole pattern
53= 6-hole pattern

jsettle

« Reply #143 on: September 25, 2023, 04:34:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

55= 4-hole pattern
53= 6-hole pattern

Thanks!

jsettle

« Reply #144 on: September 25, 2023, 12:00:22 PM »
came here to say these trucks are really fucking good. I've heard great things, but didn't think i would like them this much. first sesh on them and im in love. hoping they don't tighten up too much once the bushings break in. they turn amazing, just as good as ace imo. The turn is very quick and deep. i definitely see myself riding more pairs of these in the future.

Roger__Kook

« Reply #145 on: September 26, 2023, 09:10:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

55= 4-hole pattern
53= 6-hole pattern
Huh, didn't know that, this might explain why I like my first set (6-hole) better than my second (4-hole).

jsettle

« Reply #146 on: October 08, 2023, 05:20:21 AM »
1 month of skating the 5.5s and they have only got better. The turn on these is so good. Trying to find a couple more pairs to have on ice to keep skating them, but they are hard to find in U.S. from what I've seen browsing online. Went on the film site to order a pair and the shipping from Europe to U.S. is more than the actual trucks. It was trying to charge me around 110 euros for the trucks shipped....😳