Author Topic: Starcraft 2  (Read 15860 times)

rawbertson.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Starcraft 2
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2010, 02:06:59 PM »
my computer shit the bed on saturday after watching the emerica video. so i guess i wont be playing that much for the next 4 months while i save up for a new macbook pro. i am still in fucking bronze league, i made it to division rank 1 im gonna be shit by the time i get another comp./ fuck.
ONTARIO CANADA

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2010, 11:36:09 AM »
u guys seen the mothership rush yeT?!?!?

Starcraft 2 Beta KHB (P) vs Artosis (T) Mothership Rush

pwnage
ONTARIO CANADA

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2010, 06:42:06 PM »
patch 1.1 is so fucked, having so much trouble trying to get it to work. been 5 days and still no fix from blizzard.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2010, 12:41:18 AM »
Got it to work. I'll add you nerds when I get home.

noileum

• Rep: 29
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2010, 03:17:03 AM »
loving the campaign so far, but it's been about 10 years since I've played mp on an rts and I know I'm going to get pwnd as soon as I get online with it

Inanimate Object

« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2010, 09:56:30 AM »
Just bought this last week. I'm just playing in the practice league right now.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2010, 09:35:54 PM »
Anyone else playing send me a pm and we can play together. Would be rad to have a little SLAP tournament or something.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2010, 11:24:54 AM »
ADD ME!!!

rawbertson

code is 394!!!
ONTARIO CANADA

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2010, 11:27:01 AM »
got my computer fixed i am almost at 50 1v1 wins!
ONTARIO CANADA

Albatross

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2010, 11:29:30 AM »
got my computer fixed i am almost at 50 1v1 wins!

road to korea league update plz

i try to play this game once a week and usually get all into it then supply block myself and alt f4

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2010, 12:08:52 PM »
im almost at 100 1v1 wins
i palyed someone on slap too i should upload that video
it was a complete random matchup but i beat him it was so sick
felt like i got sponsored
ONTARIO CANADA

Albatross

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2010, 01:25:12 PM »
im almost at 100 1v1 wins
i palyed someone on slap too i should upload that video
it was a complete random matchup but i beat him it was so sick
felt like i got sponsored
put up the replay yo! i wanna see how good i have to get to fight some pals

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2010, 08:33:53 AM »
ok, I'm not really sure how you export replays though, im sure they are just found somewhere in the folder that the game is housed in.

I play Zerg, and to beat a terran wall-off at the ramp is next to impossible. I've tried banelings and then speedlings to fuck with the mineral line but its not enough of a harass to turn the tables for you early enough i nthe game. and then they will be working on air units which really fucks you over for the most part. also some people are good enough to spread their marines out so that the banelings are just a complete waste of money and gas, they need to take out 3 marines before they are effective.

i saw this replay with IDRA and he was using zerg vs terran and he used an infestor combined with a giant swarm of banelings VS a massive massive bio ball of marine maurder and medivac... he got the infestor to cast this spell im not sure if it kept the marines from firing, or if it just slowed thme down, but it was this green shit all over their marines and mauraders and then next thing you know that swarm of banelings crashed into it and just FUCKED THEM UP and terran player GGd right then and there.

i watched this interview with Drewbie and he said that he will NEVER lose to a zerg player the way things are right now. i find it extremely tough to win against terran as zerg until i discovered this new strategy. there is a video but I can't get on youtube right now, but its really straight forward.

I build 1 extra drone off the bat, then go right for the pool. then once the pool has started you have to take 3 drones RIGHT AWAY to their base . they should be finished the first farm at that point. its pretty much a miracle if they are not going for the wall off.

i attack the farm with the 3 drones and usuallyy they will send all their SCVs over to try and fiight and beat you. you need to micro your 3 guys to run in different directions for long enough to distract them from completing the wall and you must use waypoints (hold the shift key)  then you just send in your zerglings,

the guy on the video even sends in all his drones but he was playing in a higher league than me and im sure he would have lost if her e didnt bring the drones with the lings but for bronze and silver u can pretty much get away with just zerglings, i fucked up their whole SCV line so early in the game he couldnt do shit and just had to GG
ONTARIO CANADA

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2010, 08:16:05 PM »
Man, if you are playing zerg and you want to beat terran (which is easy right now), you have to use what zerg is best at, that is, being reactionary and establishing a strong economy. Against Terran almost every zerg will build a 14 Expansion 15 pool, or vice versa. Drone up hard until you need units and your army will be so much stronger than his because you can keep replenishing it with the use of queens etc...

A one-base zerg will lose 90% of the time against a one base terran, so keep on expanding and macroing. 

I'm happy to play some practice 1v1s with you rawby.

I'm down to play with anyone on here, I'm not sure what my character code is so just p.m. me and i'll give you my e-mail.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2010, 10:42:11 AM »
shit i have been going like 10 overlord then 10 pool, the longer you have those drones producing the quicker they are able to stack your economy for the long run... thats probably why I keep losing to terran. hey just out of curiosity how many drones total do you usually have out at a time? I just try and get the 3 rows filled, i think thats 24 units.

i pretty much always go roach rush against zerg or protoss. protoss sometimes wall with cannons and i cant beat it. sometimes they just go for like pure void ray and they get air units by the time i have found their base, that is really bad if you dont have hydras back home.

i was going for corruptor / brood lord combo a lot at the beginnign just making tons and tons of bases but i kept getting steamrolled by bio units mid game so thats why i normally go roach now... i suppose thats why scouting is so key haha so then im not just picking 1 strategy off the bat

i watch replays from a guy named ONEMANZERG and he says the best way fior zerg to win is to use their mobilityand speed with the mutas
ONTARIO CANADA

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2010, 07:48:40 PM »
Just got promoted to platinum league  ;D

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2010, 09:54:08 AM »
i dont really understand how the ranking works... i seem to be stuck at bronze rank 1, i have won like 10 straight at least, and i lose some sometimes but then ill win a bunch more in a row. My friend who is in gold told me that I am basically in Silver and I may get pushed straight to gold.

i have a friend who is actually in platinum, how many people are in each league, do you know?
ONTARIO CANADA

Albatross

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2010, 12:39:13 PM »
comes down to who you beat, ive only played 40 games and it put me in gold league
i think basically as long as you beat people within 1-1.5 leagues of you you will get points and if you beat someone way higher than you it will promote you. after you win like 4 in a row it will just put you against someone better and you gotta win that one. i have never been higher than like 40th place in a league, i just got paired against two diamond players so far and got auto promoted after both wins.

i hate laddering though, every game i either die to cheese or survive cheese and collect easy win

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2010, 07:56:47 PM »
You basically have a hidden match making ranking (called mmr) that is determined by the skill level of the opponents you win and lose against.
The system does the best to match you against people with a similar mmr as you. If you are consistently beating people your mmr will improve and so to the quality of the opponents you face. So the league system doesn't really mean that much, however in general the higher the league the higher your mmr. However that's not to say though that someone in silver or even gold league will have a higher mmr than someone in bronze.

What's your name and character code Albatross? I'd be happy to play some games with you.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2010, 10:56:43 AM »
fuck, you'd think i'd have moved up by now though?  I have been @ Bronze rank 1 for like a week straight and my win loss ratio just keeps getting better and better, i am better than 1:1 now. hopefully i'll get moved up soon.

me and albatross played some 2v2 but we got smoked haha. I am horrible at team games there is always so much going on. i have been doing the best with roach / hydra combo lately but it always comes down to how good the opponent micros. sometimes they just steamroll me with like hardly any guys it seems. i noticed the korean players always focus down the thors and collossus type units first maybe i need to start doing that. i beat this guy yesterday with zerg who rushed me really good off the bat tons of harass and the only reason i won was because i spread my hydras out once i got to his base cause he had a shit load of banelings, otherwise he had easily enough to fuck my entire army up.

there is this video i am gonna try to remember to post when i get home, its so good, its TLO who is like legit pro playing his 5 placement matches as random and he does awesome stuff like win the game with 2 orbital commands, spell out TLO with the auto sentrys from reavers and win, spell out LOL TLO in creep eggs, he even wins a match where off the bat on scrap station he takes the natual of his opponent with zerg and then just builds a fuck load of spine crawlers and then slowly moves em up to his base and fucks shit up awesomely
ONTARIO CANADA

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2010, 06:36:23 PM »
yeah you will eventually move up. usually every 30 or 60 games i've noticed.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2010, 11:03:54 AM »
i am at work so i cant post it but just go to google and type "TLOWNAGE" and it will be the first video that comes up its fucking amazing.

do you know any good counters to SCV rush? some guy fucked me up on that shit for real i have beat most of them but this one guy trapped my guys and shit
ONTARIO CANADA

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2010, 09:35:59 AM »
Crest and I played 2v2 placement matches, we went 3 for 5 and we came 100th place in bronze, WTF?!??!? after the first game we realized we were no good so we just started rushing the rest of the matches, we fucked dudes up. I am going to try and cast these games tongiht, it just dawned on me that we need to make a SLAP clan, there are so many teams now and it seems like anyone can just claim they are a team which is awesome. we can have commentators on games and shit hahaha
ONTARIO CANADA

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2010, 09:40:25 AM »
i just realized there are like 8 other pals who probably have the game... maybe we can get a tournament going 1v1 or something? that would be sick. i can send out some free hats to the winner haha
ONTARIO CANADA

Albatross

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2010, 05:38:03 PM »
you get one free rename yo

i might finally have some time to play video games in the next couple days im hyped, ill post my character code up here when i get the chance to login

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2010, 07:42:17 PM »
Yeah 1v1 tournament would be dope.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2010, 08:26:59 PM »
I just thought about it I'm pretty psyched on rawb's idea of a little best-of-3 1v1 round robin or bracket tourney. What do you other guys think? Maybe we could do a live stream or something so pals without the game could watch (if there were any interested at all) with rawbertson rocking the mic of course.

Who else has the game other than:
me
rawb
albatross
crest

?

Albatross

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2010, 02:00:42 AM »
seu 653

shit i have barely played this game still i need some practise, i just figured out that turning up mouse sensitivity makes it infinitely better

anyone who hasnt do that

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2010, 06:16:31 AM »
nolieum
eshchaton
kushismycologne
thugnificent
roflcocktor = shrlockgnoms  but we need his 3 digit
deaner
maggot brain ?
BimmMasterJ
Inanimate Object

i am going to PM them all later on today and see if they are interested, even a 4 man 1v1 tournament would be dope haha we totally have 4 ppl for sure id like to see at least 8. i still dont know how to export replays, i think its just some program where it records everything on screen on your PC/MAC as its running i think thats what taem liquid does... and then at the same time while its recording they do the voiceover... there should be an option where you can just export your replay to MPG then i could just voiceover in imovie, would be so much easier. they seem to have some stream live running while the game is actually going on and thats when they are doing the voiceover.
ONTARIO CANADA

Albatross

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2010, 01:09:40 PM »
nolieum
eshchaton
kushismycologne
thugnificent
roflcocktor = shrlockgnoms  but we need his 3 digit
deaner
maggot brain ?
BimmMasterJ
Inanimate Object

i am going to PM them all later on today and see if they are interested, even a 4 man 1v1 tournament would be dope haha we totally have 4 ppl for sure id like to see at least 8. i still dont know how to export replays, i think its just some program where it records everything on screen on your PC/MAC as its running i think thats what taem liquid does... and then at the same time while its recording they do the voiceover... there should be an option where you can just export your replay to MPG then i could just voiceover in imovie, would be so much easier. they seem to have some stream live running while the game is actually going on and thats when they are doing the voiceover.

can just save them in game, but if you wanna do them on the fly and save it use fraps and just record and talk (http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5675586/Fraps_2010_v3.2.3.11796_Retail-%5BHB%5D)

if you want to stream it live use http://www.livestream.com/