Author Topic: Stay Gold - Offical Thread  (Read 279518 times)

PumpkinEsc0bar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -127
  • cleaner than a broke dick dog
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Stay Gold PREMIERE
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2010, 11:55:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
where and when is the sf premiere?
[close]

NYC premiere?

[close]

the Emerica facebook says more dates will be announced next week, cannot wait for the NY announcement

DEDBBIS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2010, 04:15:02 AM »
Got one.

There ain't no shit on T.V. tonight

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2010, 05:59:26 AM »
wow, they're charging for tickets.  sorry but this is exactly why new vids get posted online.     

you're fucking regular. this statement makes no sense. why wouldn't they charge for tickets its a fucking movie, there are costs associated not even just with emerica with the theater too. cheap ass people like YOU are exactly why real skateboard companies have no choice but to sell their shit at zumiez and still charge $30 for a DVD....

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2010, 06:43:14 AM »
Five bones for a video premiere with a band playing is pretty good. I hope Ug lets me leave for a day so I can go.

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 514
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2010, 07:51:36 AM »
i got tickets.  i'll give a full report after.  first legit premier i've gone to since dying to live.  hyped.

Have fune man. And pssst.. I don't mind being spoiled.

;)
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

hekkahyphy

« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2010, 08:16:29 AM »
I wish I could go five bones is nothing. The NY premiere better be coming soon shyuts gonna be tight.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2010, 09:05:00 AM »
Expand Quote
wow, they're charging for tickets.  sorry but this is exactly why new vids get posted online.     
[close]

you're fucking regular. this statement makes no sense. why wouldn't they charge for tickets its a fucking movie, there are costs associated not even just with emerica with the theater too. cheap ass people like YOU are exactly why real skateboard companies have no choice but to sell their shit at zumiez and still charge $30 for a DVD....

i just don't see the point of paying $5 to watch it once, when i can buy it outright or watch it for free online some time down the road.  and really, i've been skating for 24 years and i run a DIY shop out my crib.  i've easily spent well over a $100K on skateboarding in my life time so far with no end in site. 
just take your life and save the planet.

Vibes of skating rocks

• Rep: -22
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2010, 09:10:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

i just don't see the point of paying $5 to watch it once, when i can buy it outright or watch it for free online some time down the road.  and really, i've been skating for 24 years and i run a DIY shop out my crib.  i've easily spent well over a $100K on skateboarding in my life time so far with no end in site. 

You must not get out much? Premieres are always a blast. I know you would rather stay at home with our false front DIY skate shop a.k.a. your way to lure little boys into your house to get sponsored. Except getting sexed on to a team usually isn't in the contract, but you break all the rules. Don't you?

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2010, 09:19:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

You must not get out much? Premieres are always a blast. I know you would rather stay at home with our false front DIY skate shop a.k.a. your way to lure little boys into your house to get sponsored. Except getting sexed on to a team usually isn't in the contract, but you break all the rules. Don't you?

you're right premieres are fun but i'm not going to CA to watch the emerica vid when i live on the otherside of the country.
as far as my DIY shop, i did it solely to keep everyone around me skating and not get ripped off, yeah i'm a dick!  ::)

seeing as you hardly have any posts and assume to know me, i'm going take a guess and say you focused your loser account and started yet another loser account, yippie!   no need for your loser replies, you're just going to focus anyway. :-*

citycity

• Rep: -94
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2010, 09:21:22 AM »
NYC bros, we should meet up and drink mad booze before the premiere.  Which of you can legally buy booze though.  I don't wanna meet up with 14 yr olds

PumpkinEsc0bar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -127
  • cleaner than a broke dick dog
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2010, 12:22:33 PM »
NYC bros, we should meet up and drink mad booze before the premiere.  Which of you can legally buy booze though.  I don't wanna meet up with 14 yr olds

as long as it's after August 17th, I'll be 21 and I am down for that maybe. I'll def be going with some of my homies too

citycity

« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2010, 01:33:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

as long as it's after August 17th, I'll be 21 and I am down for that maybe. I'll def be going with some of my homies too

I am down, I skate with one dude in NYC, and usually by myself.  I would be down to meet up with bros and drink brews.

Chris P. Bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • CA All Day
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2010, 04:42:43 PM »
has anyone bought a ticket from that ford amphitheater site yet??? i went on there to buy one a couldnt even find stay gold event on the site, if anyones had luck help me out.

edit: figured it out, i got one.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 04:55:40 PM by Chris P. Bacon »

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2010, 04:52:49 PM »

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2010, 05:28:09 PM »
looking around for preorder prices and found this little contest. you can win a bunch of stuff if you guess the order of the parts.
http://www.skatewarehouse.com/emerica_contest.html

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2010, 05:56:17 PM »
that's a good idea. i doubt i'll win, but here's my lineup

for first three parts:
westgate (everyone on the team seemed hyped on him in that turning pro ad he had)
hsu (probably doesn't have a lot of footage, would make sense for him to go second)
braydon (i doubt he has much footage, but what he has i'm sure will be good)

last three:
herman (obviously gonna be amazing)
reynolds
leo
(reynolds is the obvious ender, but leo has had so much coverage for the past two years i'd bet he ends up getting last part. also, reynolds had ender in the last video, it'd be weird for him to get it again.)

i picked sonic youth for the band that's gonna be in the video, since they (surprisingly) offer templeton in there and he's skated to them like four times in the past.

hekkahyphy

« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2010, 04:58:18 AM »

diggin this idea... yet again i fall a yr short of age so see u all in passing

citycity

« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2010, 07:38:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

diggin this idea... yet again i fall a yr short of age so see u all in passing

how old are you fool, i'll buy you a 4loco

citycity

« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2010, 07:42:39 AM »
looking around for preorder prices and found this little contest. you can win a bunch of stuff if you guess the order of the parts.
http://www.skatewarehouse.com/emerica_contest.html

Wait, do you guys think the montage is obvious,  spanky/hsu?  I dunno, what are your thoughts?

citycity

« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2010, 07:43:21 AM »
Or could it be like an ed/senn montage?

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2010, 08:19:19 AM »
Or could it be like an ed/senn montage?
i put ed/senn montage. but i think hsu will have a short part. and for some reason, i think spanky will come through with a full length part.

alrightythen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2010, 08:22:32 AM »
i was thinkin hsu was gonna have one of the banger parts, or has he been hurt a lot?

Cashedout

• Rep: -6
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2010, 08:52:54 AM »
Jerry and Spanky have been hurt a few times during filming so I wouldn't be expecting full parts from them.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2010, 09:25:02 AM »
I know Jerry doesn't have a lot of footage but I've heard Spanky has plenty. In the press release Emerica emailed out a few weeks ago, Ed and Senn were the only two guys not listed as having full parts, so they're obviously going in the montage.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2010, 09:35:48 AM »
people are whining over $5? really? and some of you are in your 30s? five fucking dollars? thats sad.

i paid $10 to see dead meadow about a month ago. theyre great live. $5 just to see them is a deal in itself, emerica video aside.

citycity

« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2010, 09:51:51 AM »
i wanna say westgate first and hsu second, but will westgate really have two opener parts in the last year?\

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2010, 09:54:40 AM »
a lot of people here need to learn how to read. 
no one was complaining about $5, only that they're charging $5 and thats why videos end up online.
thats not bitching or whining, that is my opinion on why i think videos end up online.

not that i go to very many, but i can't remember ever having pay to go to a skate video premiere before.  maybe it just something they do over on the left coast?     

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2010, 10:21:05 AM »
if you want to split hairs, we can... maybe whining wasnt the right word to use. i get what youre saying, that charging money does allow cheap people to justify being cheap. im saying that the fact that theyre charging $5 for a video premiere theyve spent years flying 10-15 guys around the world, who are all on payroll as well, to film a video shouldnt even be noticed. the whole situation perpetuates itself. people download videos, which negates revenue that would be reimbursing the money spent on making the video possible, which drives video prices up to $30, solely to make up for lost revenue to the downloads. yet, the more expensive the video, the more people are going to download it for free. and so on, and so on. a couple bucks to see the video in a theater, with bands, and to be in a room of like minded people and talk shop? doesnt seem like it should even be brought up.

and i realize your comment wasnt directed specifically at me, but for what its worth, im an east coaster. not left.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2010, 10:39:23 AM »
^i hear what you're saying but understand that no matter what, the video will end up online.  and the person who posts it online will have most likely gone to the premiere with the sole intention of bootlegging it. 
personally, i'd rather just buy the video and watch it at my leisure rather than pay $5 to watch it in the theater, then pay another $20 when it comes out on dvd.  if i already paid to see something, i'll be more compelled to download it for free rather than purchase it outright.  thats just me though, i can't speak for anyone else.      

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2010, 11:07:39 AM »
It's about the experiences, man.