Author Topic: Leo Fucking Romero  (Read 7771 times)

GnArcIsSisTic

Re: Leo Fucking Romero
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2010, 05:47:19 AM »
Expand Quote
new cover and pics in thrasher

[close]
his body looks too tweaked backside for this to be just an ollie, but there's no way he'd make the full 180 if he's going for a back 180, unless he reverted the shit out of it. weird.

it's just a thread the needle ollie between the edge of the sidewalk and the fence... quit over analyzing

Sleazy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2010, 06:04:14 AM »
it's a flat gap right?

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -597
  • who knows
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2010, 06:29:30 AM »
sheer absurdity.  my favorite part about him is that i rarely, if ever, seen anything from guy except pure non stop skateboarding.   i have no idea what his "artistic outlet" is and that makes me like him more.
where is home?

kevbo999

« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2010, 06:35:08 AM »
Skateboarding is an artistic outlet...

sprayTAN101

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • thats a sweet tan bro.
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2010, 06:59:47 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
his body looks too tweaked backside for this to be just an ollie, but there's no way he'd make the full 180 if he's going for a back 180, unless he reverted the shit out of it. weird.

cab would be crazy  ;)

"lifestyle scorpion dude..."

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2010, 07:46:01 AM »
ok first of all i have no idea why you guys think that is any sort of spin to that street gap ^ his shoulders are completely square.... have you guys never ollied a big gap before and in mid air you sort of realize shit is not leveled out properly and you start waving your arms to get your balance back???

example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKNUTsVZ4NQ

go to 0:53

might as well be sayin that first photo is a switch willy up the handrail
ONTARIO CANADA

BitchTits

« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2010, 08:28:46 AM »
Not seeing this issue in my mailbox is making me sad.

Chris P. Bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • CA All Day
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2010, 09:17:06 AM »
or he splits his footage, turning one potentially good part into two mediocre parts.
That cover makes my balls crawl up into my stomache in fear. Nothing suprising in terms of the trick he is doing, but I'll give him points for the spot.
he probably dd it first try, im not too impressed by this cover for some reason... i feel like even if the drop was bottomless leo would do it first try, its like a nine stair rail, he does that shit in his sleep.

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2010, 09:38:59 AM »
mexican of the year

blatablatblau

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -51
  • smurfs up
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2010, 09:40:03 AM »
soty

Crazy Ralph

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
  • You're all gonna die!
    • ShredNJ avatar image
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2010, 09:43:46 AM »
wow such a gnarly photo for cover
You either die a hero or live long enough to watch yourself become the Berra.

skatefideo

• Rep: -10
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2010, 09:59:40 AM »
Viva Mexico.

SOTY

alrightythen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2010, 10:57:00 AM »
Expand Quote
id say hes got soty in the bag.
[close]
that and last part in the emerica vid.

was just about to point that out

i used to skate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -27
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2010, 11:37:20 AM »
Expand Quote
or he splits his footage, turning one potentially good part into two mediocre parts.
That cover makes my balls crawl up into my stomache in fear. Nothing suprising in terms of the trick he is doing, but I'll give him points for the spot.
[close]
he probably dd it first try, im not too impressed by this cover for some reason... i feel like even if the drop was bottomless leo would do it first try, its like a nine stair rail, he does that shit in his sleep.

that's what i was thinking.. he probably knows he goes over the rail 1 in a million. but just watch that 1 time be when you're nervous about a 30 foot drop..

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2010, 12:01:17 PM »
Leo's the gnarliest person out the I.E.  i have a feeling his Emerica part is gonna change skateboarding
Change it how? You think he might popularize smith grinds down handrails? Or maybe people will realize that back lips CAN be done on handrails, or that a kink in a rail is no reason not to skate it? ha ha ha ha. Leo is not the type to "change skateboarding." He's the classic type that thinks adding 3 more stairs to a smith grind is "progression"
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Brown Thunder

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -66
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2010, 12:09:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Leo's the gnarliest person out the I.E.  i have a feeling his Emerica part is gonna change skateboarding
[close]
Change it how? You think he might popularize smith grinds down handrails? Or maybe people will realize that back lips CAN be done on handrails, or that a kink in a rail is no reason not to skate it? ha ha ha ha. Leo is not the type to "change skateboarding." He's the classic type that thinks adding 3 more stairs to a smith grind is "progression"

every leo thread you have to say the same shit about how he is just a 'rail skater'

No-one gives a shit.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2010, 12:22:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

every leo thread you have to say the same shit about how he is just a 'rail skater'

No-one gives a shit.
1) Why respond if you don't care? Not caring means you read it and forget what the post said by the time read the next one.
2) I'm not the only one who thinks this, but I probably do find calling people out for calling Leo so progressive funnier than most. Its just so easy.
3) The comment I responded to was too stupid to let fly.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

BuddyPal

« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2010, 12:30:09 PM »

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2010, 12:33:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

No-one gives a shit.
[close]
1) Why respond if you don't care? Not caring means you read it and forget what the post said by the time read the next one.
2) I'm not the only one who thinks this, but I probably do find calling people out for calling Leo so progressive funnier than most. Its just so easy.
3) The comment I responded to was too stupid to let fly.
and the hate begins. for a minute there i almost thought i was on some other message board with all these positive comments.

BuddyPal

« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2010, 12:39:39 PM »
if leo did fall, that would hav been one hell of an ender for his slam montage.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1466
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2010, 12:42:00 PM »
respect.

BitchTits

« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2010, 12:42:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
He's the classic type that thinks adding 3 more stairs to a smith grind is "progression"
He doesn't seem to be full of himself like that. (I apologize if I'm wrong about that.) If you're going to hate, hate on the people who talk about him being progressive. He's not the next Rodney Mullen or Gonz, but I still enjoy his footage.

gandzha

• Rep: -12
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2010, 01:24:14 PM »
Leo for SOTY

StreetsCrazy

« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2010, 01:31:18 PM »
Wait.... I thought Leo was fucking Romero this is bullshit

Narcissus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2010, 01:32:49 PM »
"Leo gets down."
i saw my grandma bail off a 4 set once in my house and she even got up and came to red lobster after.
Quote from: The Kitten!
get wasted and pass out.

Useless Wooden Bench

• Rep: 159
    • Pappy avatar image
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2010, 01:55:14 PM »
sheer absurdity.  my favorite part about him is that i rarely, if ever, seen anything from guy except pure non stop skateboarding.   i have no idea what his "artistic outlet" is and that makes me like him more.

http://www.toymachine.com/newspost/6964/toy+machine+demo+minneapolis+mn/

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2010, 02:16:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

it's just a thread the needle ollie between the edge of the sidewalk and the fence... quit over analyzing
when the hell did the definition of "thread the needle" broaden to include the width of a sidewalk? and i wasn't even referring to his arms, i was talking about his feet/board, they're clearly turned slightly to the right.

BitchTits

« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2010, 02:34:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2010, 02:37:47 PM »
wish i would've picked up that leo vag board when he was on baker

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2010, 03:30:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
when the hell did the definition of "thread the needle" broaden to include the width of a sidewalk? and i wasn't even referring to his arms, i was talking about his feet/board, they're clearly turned slightly to the right.
i dont know what hes talkin about that thread the needle shit either... but my point i was trying to make is if your shoulders arent turned you aint going bs 180 end of story. it probably just shifted a bit when he ollied... i mean like if you are trying to ollie something far do you not sometimes turn a bit 90 by accident/??  i dont know, to me it just like its an obvious ollie it just not a text book arms in the perfect spot ollie cause you have to be cruising like 50mph to make that at least.

hes not really changing skateboarding  he is sitll doing the same flips and grinds that everyone else does, but he may have chnaged the way people look at spots. he grinded up the first legit big street rail ever... yeah other people have done them but he is skating up rails that most people are skating down... like that one templeton did, no one would ever skate down that to use for footage in a video part. i know lots of shit has been grinded up before like up ledges etc. but that one rail he did that was a cover that was no joke, and i dont think that anyone can say that that didnt change the way people look at spots at least. i certainly did not think something like that was possible it just seemed like it would be way too easy to kill yourself on something like that.
ONTARIO CANADA