Author Topic: Independent Lows VS. Venture Lows  (Read 13945 times)

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
Independent Lows VS. Venture Lows
« on: August 03, 2010, 08:39:22 PM »
Does anyone have any good/bad experiences with the indy lows?  I am big on 8 inch venture lows and am hesitant to try the indy version, as my experience with the highs sucked.  Thanks
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

camel filters

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Independent Lows VS. Venture Lows
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 09:27:59 PM »
get indy lows. if you like turning that is.

Nameuser

• Rep: -57
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 09:30:22 PM »
Venture lows are outset a bit, wider wheel base so you get a more stable ride but slower snap of the tail on tricks.  Indy lows are inset a bit more, so more narrow wheel base, bit quicker turn and faster snap of the tail.  I also like the way Indys lock into tailslides, good baseplate bite.  If you want the most inset, quickest turn and fastest pop on your tail/nose get some Thunder lows.

rodosone

• Rep: 2
    • http://www.rodosone.com avatar image
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 01:09:39 AM »
the only problem i had with the indy lows is that i found the rubbers to be too small.

mandibleclaw

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 559
  • "RIP to myself one day." -jereme rogers
    • mandible claw avatar image
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 01:27:10 AM »
the only problem i had with the indy lows is that i found the rubbers to be too small.
We are a noble sport more noble than any other

rodosone

• Rep: 2
    • http://www.rodosone.com avatar image
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 01:36:11 AM »
^^^ haha gold!!!

snickelfritz

• Rep: -3
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 05:40:32 AM »
I had venture lows for an 8-inch board for about 2 years and loved them till the hanger cracked all gnarley, then i got indy lows and hated them due to the mellow/surfy style of turning vs what i was used to...so i put venture bushings in them and now they skate like a tad higher venture, shit works.

pugmaster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 03:21:42 PM »
Venture lows are outset a bit, wider wheel base so you get a more stable ride but slower snap of the tail on tricks.  Indy lows are inset a bit more, so more narrow wheel base, bit quicker turn and faster snap of the tail.  I also like the way Indys lock into tailslides, good baseplate bite.  If you want the most inset, quickest turn and fastest pop on your tail/nose get some Thunder lows.

If the wheel base is narrower, wouldn't the distance from tail to ground be greater?  I do know how thunders skate and I can't stand those.

Never forget:

3rd Person Jimmy

• Rep: 3
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2010, 04:36:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Venture lows are outset a bit, wider wheel base so you get a more stable ride but slower snap of the tail on tricks.?  Indy lows are inset a bit more, so more narrow wheel base, bit quicker turn and faster snap of the tail.?  I also like the way Indys lock into tailslides, good baseplate bite.?  If you want the most inset, quickest turn and fastest pop on your tail/nose get some Thunder lows.
[close]

If the wheel base is narrower, wouldn't the distance from tail to ground be greater??  I do know how thunders skate and I can't stand those.

Jimmy thinks you might want to think about it this way Pugmaster.  If Jimmy were to drill holes near the middle of Jimmy's board and mount the back truck there how fast the tail would touch the ground.  On the opposite end if Jimmy were to drill holes near the end of the tail and mount the back truck there how hard it would be to ollie.

pugmaster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2010, 06:11:53 PM »
damn I never thought of it like that Jimmy.  Thanks. When it comes to how the base plate locks in on nose/tail slides do indy's drag more or less than ventures? So are the indy lows are still higher than venture lows?

Never forget:

gkn00dlez

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2010, 07:29:07 PM »
One word. Thunder

Klaus

• Rep: 10
  • Calm, Collected, German
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2010, 07:41:05 PM »
indys
DBC

Randozzi

alcoskate

• Rep: 1
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2010, 08:35:16 PM »
Theeve trucks are the best. venture highes sucked and so does indy and royol

Stunts

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2010, 08:52:15 PM »

lololol

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2010, 08:13:01 AM »
outside of what NHS has already manufactured, i don't think indy is going to make lows anymore? 
i can't say that for a fact but i know a lot of distributors haven't been stocking them at all.

Dandy

• Rep: -8
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2010, 08:15:40 AM »

very_undude

• Shacked
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2010, 08:38:44 AM »
outside of what NHS has already manufactured, i don't think indy is going to make lows anymore?? 
i can't say that for a fact but i know a lot of distributors haven't been stocking them at all. 
when you say Distributors are you talking about Pure Distributors or the Manu Distro companies? 
Indy has definetly slimmed the color offerings for the lows but i am not sure they are doing away with it. 

im in college, so yes im looking to buy a place

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2010, 09:06:45 AM »
Expand Quote
outside of what NHS has already manufactured, i don't think indy is going to make lows anymore?? 
[close]
when you say Distributors are you talking about Pure Distributors or the Manu Distro companies? 
Indy has definetly slimmed the color offerings for the lows but i am not sure they are doing away with it. 

i'm talking about distros like awh, southshore and alike, those guys aren't stocking too many lows.  even indys newest trucks(banner ad running on this site) are only available in standard/high.  i have yet to see lows being offered through their dsitributors but i don't know if thats the case if you went direct through NHS?

low trucks were introduced because people were skating 40mm wheels.  now people are starting to skate bigger wheels so it makes no sense to manufacture a truck that gives you instant wheel bite.  theeve, one of the newer trucks companies hasn't even bothered to make lows. 
also, i noticed a lot of companies are starting to get away from 5.0 trucks since people are starting to skate bigger boards and bigger boards means you need wider trucks.  boards companies also cut down the number of 7.5" size decks from their lines.  a lot of things are changing in skateboard hardgoods.   

very_undude

• Shacked
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2010, 09:40:42 AM »
You said it man things are a changin.  Indy is not doing away with the lows but are scaling down the line and limiting the color ways for sure. 
im in college, so yes im looking to buy a place

MaryhillVibe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
  • gfm
    • www.mudozine.com avatar image
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2010, 10:40:32 AM »
Indys....with one royal baseplate because your poor and its the only baseplate your shop had.

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2010, 11:13:56 AM »
i wish Thunder would make 147 lows again

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2010, 04:05:00 PM »
your kidding right?

pugmaster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2010, 07:13:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

i'm talking about distros like awh, southshore and alike, those guys aren't stocking too many lows.  even indys newest trucks(banner ad running on this site) are only available in standard/high.  i have yet to see lows being offered through their dsitributors but i don't know if thats the case if you went direct through NHS?

low trucks were introduced because people were skating 40mm wheels.  now people are starting to skate bigger wheels so it makes no sense to manufacture a truck that gives you instant wheel bite.  theeve, one of the newer trucks companies hasn't even bothered to make lows. 
also, i noticed a lot of companies are starting to get away from 5.0 trucks since people are starting to skate bigger boards and bigger boards means you need wider trucks.  boards companies also cut down the number of 7.5" size decks from their lines.  a lot of things are changing in skateboard hardgoods.   

Highs are not necessary for 50's or 51's... which is what the majority of street skateboarders skate, or end up skating (from keeping their wheels so long).  Peeps should just land their shit cleaner or put wax on top of their wheel bite marks a la koston steelo. I have noticed a change in the size of boards though that certain shops will carry.  I wanted to skate a 7.5 for shits and giggles and ended up having to make my own by shaving a 7.75 down with a roto-zip.  I don't think I will do it again though, size 12 foot on sebun-n-a-half equals board destroyed almost instantly (im 210 pounds of fun).

Never forget:

deanzOOO

• Rep: -6
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2010, 07:56:42 PM »

Highs are not necessary for 50's or 51's... which is what the majority of street skateboarders skate, or end up skating (from keeping their wheels so long).?  Peeps should just land their shit cleaner or put wax on top of their wheel bite marks a la koston steelo. I have noticed a change in the size of boards though that certain shops will carry.?  I wanted to skate a 7.5 for shits and giggles and ended up having to make my own by shaving a 7.75 down with a roto-zip.?  I don't think I will do it again though, size 12 foot on sebun-n-a-half equals board destroyed almost instantly (im 210 pounds of fun).

I skate 147high thunders on 51s, might not be necessary but it's just what I like. Ontop of that I deffinatly still get wheelbite, saying that I do skate trucks about as lose as they are out of the factory

pugmaster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2010, 04:15:07 PM »
Well thanks for the input, I ordered the indys and if they blow then I guess I can sell em or give em away to some trife ass kid.

Never forget:

Albinskejt

• Rep: -6
  • Japp
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2010, 04:26:54 PM »
Been skating thunders for years, not sure if I'm riding low,mid or high now though. Probably need higher since I always end up getting wheelbites... How long do you guys skate a pair of trucks?My last two pairs has gotten worse and worse after a couple of months, barely turning and wheelbiting instead.
Check out my original thought: Chris Cole does some ugly tricks and has wack kit! I'm super edgy and interesting because of my controversial opinions.

guapo

• Rep: -7
  • Brick Squad
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2010, 04:30:42 PM »
Well thanks for the input, I ordered the indys and if they blow then I guess I can sell em or give em away to some trife ass kid.
you could always send them this way ;)
im surprised no one mentioned Royals, which are also a good recomendation. id really like to try some indys, so if anyone has a used pair they'd want to trade or sell for cheap, pm me ;)
You never know what you have until you're gone,
But you're are the reason for me,
That I can do this consistently.

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

• Rep: 10000
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2010, 05:41:02 PM »
Does anyone have any good/bad experiences with the indy lows?  I am big on 8 inch venture lows and am hesitant to try the indy version, as my experience with the highs sucked.  Thanks
I have Indy lows and I can confidently tell you that they WILL feel different than Ventures, but in a good way. Besides, Indys don't require a wrench for the top two bolts... that's what always annoyed me about Venture. ::)
or maybe its because your fist has to first be purified in the waters of lake minnetonka before it can touch dylons.

Scallywag crew!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDc5iadh_sE