Author Topic: Poser board is bullshit censorship!  (Read 7260 times)

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Poser board is bullshit censorship!
« on: August 10, 2010, 01:49:29 PM »
What the fuck is that shit? Some mod is going to decide what threads are worthy and what are not, and then push topics they don't like onto some bullshit section?
Fuck that. That's not your decision. If it is about skating, put it in UWTB.

This is some bullshit where they are going to put all the shit that is offensive or question the industry.
People calling out Kalis on the sunblock is already in there. I don't agree with their argument on that, but moving it to some bullshit section so people won't look at it is basically censorship, and whatever mods thought it was a good idea can go fuck themselves.

The posters can decide what is a good topic or not. Topics that suck either die, or on occassion, are turned into threads about Lisa Simpson's orthodontic issues.

Sometimes a topic starts off lame but turns into something, or starts off cool and turns lame. Either way, its not your position to decide what is a worthy topic and what is not. The nature of this message board is that good topics stay around, bad ones fall off the front page.

This is a bullshit power grab. First it might be topics we find lame, next its going to be anything some asshole like Steve Berra finds offensive.

Fuck that shit, eliminate the poser board.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Re: Poser board is bullshit censorship!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 02:17:00 PM »
 :'(

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 514
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 02:24:45 PM »
I haven't heard anyone say "poser" past the age of 14. I'm not for it.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 02:34:18 PM »
Not to mention the fact that its up to the mods to decide what "poser" means. If I was a mod all threads about Leo Romero or Nike would be in there, and everybody would be bummed.

Like, why is airspeed shoes in there? Because they are small? That's a fucked up doorway to weird payola type rating of companies.
Next thing you know A-list companies like element and zoo york go on the front page, "poser companies" like say teenage runaway urethane.

Bipsmound

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 803
    • Turd Magazine avatar image
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 02:37:53 PM »
I like to hang out in the Poser section.  Sometimes I post in the video games section.  It's pretty cool.  My mom makes me kool-aid and peanut free sandwiches with the crusts removed.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 03:06:36 PM »
Sorry I ruined your hangout spot bips. Thanks mods.
Power to the people!

smokecrack

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 03:08:39 PM »
using the word poser is beyond fucking lame. it's 2010 man. get the fuck outta here with that shit. i already find it weak as shit that you have to have logged in countless days and posts to have the SUPREME PRIVILEGE of gnaring/kooking. only the ultimate skate nerd has the power to give people plus or minus points, and now only the ultimate skate mod has the power to determine what subjects are core enufffff and which are simply "poser". awesome!!

Beer Wizard

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 03:11:40 PM »
Ironic that the threads on the 1st page of the non-poser(??) section include such hardcore topics as element, nyjah huston, maloof, transworld, plan b, justin bieber, berrics, and street league.

Inbred Jed

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 03:20:50 PM »
People that use the words grom or grommet should be flogged also

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 04:17:01 PM »
What the fuck is that shit? Some mod is going to decide what threads are worthy and what are not, and then push topics they don't like onto some bullshit section?

This is some bullshit where they are going to put all the shit that is offensive or question the industry.
People calling out Kalis on the sunblock is already in there. I don't agree with their argument on that, but moving it to some bullshit section so people won't look at it is basically censorship, and whatever mods thought it was a good idea can go fuck themselves.

The posters can decide what is a good topic or not. Topics that suck either die, or on occassion, are turned into threads about Lisa Simpson's orthodontic issues.

Sometimes a topic starts off lame but turns into something, or starts off cool and turns lame. Either way, its not your position to decide what is a worthy topic and what is not. The nature of this message board is that good topics stay around, bad ones fall off the front page.

This is a bullshit power grab. First it might be topics we find lame, next its going to be anything some asshole like Steve Berra finds offensive.

It's one of the few times that i agree with you, i disagree a lot with you but when i agree it's 500%
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 04:19:33 PM by Turtle Boy »

realitycontrol

• Rep: 237
  • "only when i breathe"
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 05:08:02 PM »
Ironic that the threads on the 1st page of the non-poser(??) section include such hardcore topics as element, nyjah huston, maloof, transworld, plan b, justin bieber, berrics, and street league.

"Judging by the state of the economy and world at large, looks like we get to be the fucked generation." - Mouth

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2010, 05:10:11 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

smokecrack

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2010, 05:10:50 PM »
and it's gone already. if you're gonna go out of your way to make a rediculous "poser" board, then stick with it, you dripping wet pussies

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

• Rep: 10000
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2010, 05:18:16 PM »

Not that my thread was really worth being on the boards or not (Hubba Girls), it still was fucking ignorant to put them in some waste of bandwidth trash board. I don't like the idea of it at all. Makes the admin's e-peens inflated.
or maybe its because your fist has to first be purified in the waters of lake minnetonka before it can touch dylons.

Scallywag crew!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDc5iadh_sE

Useless Wooden Bench

• Rep: 159
    • Pappy avatar image
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2010, 05:44:38 PM »

jalopy james

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -53
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2010, 05:55:41 PM »
so now that it's gone and this thread is pretty much useless, can we start talking about fast food or kittens or something?
KFC should give cockatiels with their variety bucket, so you can eat one bird and love another.

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2010, 06:18:01 PM »
so now that it's gone and this thread is pretty much useless, can we start talking about fast food or kittens or something?

how about a fast food place where you have the option to adopt a kitten instead of getting a toy!
you some closet dick-in-da-booty ass nigga.

skateboard pillows

• Rep: 6

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

• Rep: 10000
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2010, 06:28:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

how about a fast food place where you have the option to adopt a kitten instead of getting a toy!
And/or eat it.
or maybe its because your fist has to first be purified in the waters of lake minnetonka before it can touch dylons.

Scallywag crew!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDc5iadh_sE

mandibleclaw

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 559
  • "RIP to myself one day." -jereme rogers
    • mandible claw avatar image
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2010, 06:46:55 PM »
We are a noble sport more noble than any other

Magic Pizza

• Rep: 175
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2010, 06:56:52 PM »
What about cockatiels? I had one as a kid and she was the best.

KFC should give cockatiels with their variety bucket, so you can eat one bird and love another.

BuddyPal

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2010, 06:57:13 PM »

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2010, 07:00:25 PM »

I personally love any bird that I can eat.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

jalopy james

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -53
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2010, 07:03:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

awesome idea

sig'd

kevbo999

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2010, 07:15:24 PM »
I want an English bulldog more than anything.  One day.. when I have a back yard and a couple grand to spend.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2010, 09:08:38 PM »
Thanks for listening mods. Its cool that this place responds to user feedback so well. Even if we act like assholes and demand changes.
I want an English bulldog more than anything.  One day.. when I have a back yard and a couple grand to spend.

Those are the fuckers that skate right? I'd love to have one of those.
How about this thread being about rad breeds of dog. Has there been one of those?

Black labs are the greatest creatures that have ever lived

border collies are smarter than most posters here.

I had one of these as a kid. Got him from the shelter

A staffordshire terrier could rip your fucking throat out if it wanted to, but if you raise them right they can be amazing.

Mutts!

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2010, 05:09:40 AM »

Awesome.

Also, I just woke up to all this. I still see that sub forum though... I'll be over here trying to wake up.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2010, 07:38:01 AM »

i remember seeing this thread but i believe they've deleted it now because i can't seem to find it?
its kind of lame that they would delete a thread just because.  nobody should get special treatment based on who they are, nobody.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2010, 09:40:32 AM »
^ Agreed. Bad topics tend to drown themselves out anyway. Unless they're so bad that they're awesome.