Author Topic: New Deathwish Back to School 2010 Catalog  (Read 6825 times)

ctsskate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
New Deathwish Back to School 2010 Catalog
« on: August 11, 2010, 07:46:36 AM »
Antwuan monopoly & the team board with all the weapons are pretty cool I think-

http://www.bakerboysdist.com/content/catalogs/deathwish-bts-catalog-2010.jpg

Cold Pizza

Re: New Deathwish Back to School 2010 Catalog
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 08:00:26 AM »
Not my style, but they're definitely running some real cool stuff.  Especially the cruiser boards and branching out to old school decks.

cant stop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -77
  • It's all about tricks.
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 08:38:58 AM »
Furby Lucha Libre boad is sick.
You know what sucks? I always rip my pants when Im having a good time! - The Gonz

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 08:50:01 AM »
I am not super into their graphics but I love how the 40oz cruiser comes in a brown bag. That is some dope attention to detail right there.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

guapo

• Rep: -7
  • Brick Squad
You never know what you have until you're gone,
But you're are the reason for me,
That I can do this consistently.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3289
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 09:33:07 AM »
Stoked on the Colvin boards. The original Goodwill graphic was one of my favorites and Colvin was always the best under-the-radar ripper.

DustyGozongas

• Rep: -11
  • I could smell ya gettin' off the elevator
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 10:32:52 AM »
I had that spiff cruiser it was pretty sick, ended up snapping the tail doing a pressure flip though
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 10:34:41 AM by DustyGozongas »

SFblah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 668
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 12:52:08 PM »
I just find "Deathwish" and "School" to be hilarious together.

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 06:25:37 PM »
I still don't like deathwish...i like slash, and ellington, and greco....but not deathwish

smokecrack

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2010, 06:51:26 PM »
I had that spiff cruiser it was pretty sick, ended up snapping the tail doing a pressure flip though

that's what you get for doing a pressure flip! haha

all joking aside, i'm not really into Deathwish's demographic, but they know what the fuck they're doing. it's like they get all the kid's with all the colorful/cartooney boards, and they're getting the older cats with the tribute boards (colvin, the ellington/world industries naked lady, and isn't that greco hammer board a tribute to a rodney mullen powell or plan b deck?) plus, their attention to detail is refreshing. their graphic design and overall aesthetic is on point. i really, really like that greco spacey pyramid board, i just don't think i'd be able to get myself to by one of their products though

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2010, 06:52:31 PM »
Might have to get one of those Colvin boards!!

guapo

• Rep: -7
  • Brick Squad
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2010, 06:59:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

that's what you get for doing a pressure flip! haha

all joking aside, i'm not really into Deathwish's demographic, but they know what the fuck they're doing. it's like they get all the kid's with all the colorful/cartooney boards, and they're getting the older cats with the tribute boards (colvin, the ellington/world industries naked lady, and isn't that greco hammer board a tribute to a rodney mullen powell or plan b deck?) plus, their attention to detail is refreshing. their graphic design and overall aesthetic is on point. i really, really like that greco spacey pyramid board, i just don't think i'd be able to get myself to by one of their products though
the shapes are amazing.
You never know what you have until you're gone,
But you're are the reason for me,
That I can do this consistently.

noileum

• Rep: 29
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2010, 02:31:48 AM »
the greco pool and the colvin tribute look like possible purchases.  Shapes look hella nice (need info on the wb tho)

Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -152
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2010, 02:35:29 AM »
Trying too hard to come off as awesome care-about-nothing dirtbags. Great skaters, but I hate the image DW is trying to have

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

• Rep: 10000
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2010, 10:15:52 PM »
Trying too hard to come off as awesome care-about-nothing dirtbags. Great skaters, but I hate the image DW is trying to have
Yeah and putting in references to "gangs" and shit is just fuckin' wonderful. We already have enough problems with concerned parents and pigs. Skateboarding Is Not A Crime.
or maybe its because your fist has to first be purified in the waters of lake minnetonka before it can touch dylons.

Scallywag crew!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDc5iadh_sE

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2010, 03:07:12 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yeah and putting in references to "gangs" and shit is just fuckin' wonderful. We already have enough problems with concerned parents and pigs. Skateboarding Is Not A Crime.

You're just all over the place with the jokes man
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Binomial Nomenclature

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2010, 10:00:21 AM »
R. Crumb take off deck is pretty sick.

Crazy Ralph

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
  • You're all gonna die!
    • ShredNJ avatar image
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2010, 01:30:10 PM »
ellington american spirit rip off deck is sick...the empty beer can and cheeseburgers/fries decks are looking pretty good as well
You either die a hero or live long enough to watch yourself become the Berra.

manuel

• Rep: -3
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2010, 03:01:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I agree as well, Baker/Deathwish just all seem to be trying to hard, and I find it funny that Greco is rehabbing and still trying to portray a Johnny Thunders image. I think of both brands and immediately Hot Topic springs to mind. Maybe it's cause I'm in my 30's but the whole hesh, ""we get fucked up and don't care" is just so played out to me.
And as far as the graphics go, they're just doing what World Industries did in the 90's.
But the team does rip, so they got that going for them.

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2010, 06:29:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I agree as well, Baker/Deathwish just all seem to be trying to hard, and I find it funny that Greco is rehabbing and still trying to portray a Johnny Thunders image. I think of both brands and immediately Hot Topic springs to mind. Maybe it's cause I'm in my 30's but the whole hesh, ""we get fucked up and don't care" is just so played out to me.
And as far as the graphics go, they're just doing what World Industries did in the 90's.
Yeah it just gets old and annoying after a while. I feel like I'm the only one that thinks Shane Heyl is an annoying douchebag.
or maybe its because your fist has to first be purified in the waters of lake minnetonka before it can touch dylons.

Scallywag crew!

Locbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
  • OWWW HAVE MERCY!
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2010, 08:29:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
Yeah it just gets old and annoying after a while. I feel like I'm the only one that thinks Shane Heyl is an annoying douchebag.

Shane Heyl is probably one of the nicest guys I ever met. Met him while on the Skate Rock tour came to Wilmington, during intermission, my friends and I stepped outside to get some air cause it was hot as shit in there. He came up to us and started talking to us about skateboarding, really cool guy.
Adam Dyet is the black jellybean of skateboarding.

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2010, 09:14:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Shane Heyl is probably one of the nicest guys I ever met. Met him while on the Skate Rock tour came to Wilmington, during intermission, my friends and I stepped outside to get some air cause it was hot as shit in there. He came up to us and started talking to us about skateboarding, really cool guy.
Again, shame on me. Caught myself judging, once again, and looking for lame things to hate about. Goddamn, haha. Well I'll stand corrected and take your word for it. When I first saw Shake Junt's Chickenbone Nowison, I thought he was annoying, but once I found out who he was later, I didn't find him as annoying, I suppose. Contradicting I know.

Scallywag crew!

ChileOrDie

• Rep: -9
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2010, 09:19:45 PM »
The furby  illegal immigrant running sing  board made me lol

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2010, 08:36:26 PM »
I actually sort of like the Antwuan Game Over graphic but I would never buy/use one. The Greco dogtownish one is alright (not quite as cool as the gatoresque one a while back) but again no. Kids will love all this image though