Author Topic: lutzka has a new teammate.  (Read 7064 times)

jay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -80
Re: lutzka has a new teammate.
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2010, 02:29:39 PM »
Just for the record, Nike and Adidas were both in the same boat as K-swiss when they first tried to break into the skate market, just huge corporations with no skate shoe experience trying to "exploit skateboarding".  They built up legit teams, put out some solid videos and they are now respected by even core skaters despite still being the same giant corporations making money of skating.  I could care less about that, but anyone who hates on K-swiss or anyone who joins their team while supporting Gonz and Adidas are just foolish hypocrites.

Paper Crane

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2010, 02:33:03 PM »
Expand Quote
But you're not disappointed in Gonz and Buesenitz for jumping at the first paycheque Adidas thew at them?
[close]
I made it clear earlier where I stand on comparing companies like Adidas to companies like K-Swiss.
By the way, it's payCHECK*.

both are correct.

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

• Rep: 10000
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2010, 02:36:37 PM »
Just for the record, Nike and Adidas were both in the same boat as K-swiss when they first tried to break into the skate market, just huge corporations with no skate shoe experience trying to "exploit skateboarding".  They built up legit teams, put out some solid videos and they are now respected by even core skaters despite still being the same giant corporations making money of skating.  I could care less about that, but anyone who hates on K-swiss or anyone who joins their team while supporting Gonz and Adidas are just foolish hypocrites.
Why leave Globe for K-Swiss, though?
Gonz and Lutzka are two different situations, to me.
Gonz has EARNED his right, being a skateboard legend. He can do whatever the fuck he wants for all I care. But Lutzka only wants money. It's about who you are and what your intentions are, in my opinion.
Same with Koston and Nike.
or maybe its because your fist has to first be purified in the waters of lake minnetonka before it can touch dylons.

Scallywag crew!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDc5iadh_sE

jay

« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2010, 02:47:05 PM »
You're trying really hard buddy, its funny.  Lutzka joined for money, Janoski joined for money, Gonz joined for money, Buezenitz joined for money. Hell, considering his OG roots you'd think Gonz would be the last one to be the flagship skater for a global conglomerate, but hey, since he's been around for so long we'll give him a pass and hate on Lutzka for doing the same thing.

slappyslap

• Rep: -31
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2010, 02:50:28 PM »
You're trying really hard buddy, its funny.  Lutzka joined for money, Janoski joined for money, Gonz joined for money, Buezenitz joined for money. Hell, considering his OG roots you'd think Gonz would be the last one to be the flagship skater for a global conglomerate, but hey, since he's been around for so long we'll give him a pass and hate on Lutzka for doing the same thing.

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2010, 03:07:28 PM »
You're trying really hard buddy, its funny.  Lutzka joined for money, Janoski joined for money, Gonz joined for money, Buezenitz joined for money. Hell, considering his OG roots you'd think Gonz would be the last one to be the flagship skater for a global conglomerate, but hey, since he's been around for so long we'll give him a pass and hate on Lutzka for doing the same thing.
My opinion still stands. You have yours, I have mine. I'm not "trying hard". I'm posting my opinion.
Lutzka LEFT GLOBE, to join some new experimental skate team. That's lame as fuck. Whatever, it really doesn't matter anyway. All Lutzka does is comps and the same tricks in those comps, so it's not like he's got a huge impact on the pro skate community.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 03:10:50 PM by Skwisgaar Skwigelf »
or maybe its because your fist has to first be purified in the waters of lake minnetonka before it can touch dylons.

Scallywag crew!

jay

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2010, 03:20:54 PM »
What you're trying hard to do is ignore the FACTS, which are that Luzka's situation is exactly the same as Gonz's or Buezenitz's or any other skater who chose to leave their team for a larger paycheque on another team, yet you are trying to justify your hate against him while ignoring these facts that obviously contradict your argument.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 03:23:48 PM by jay »

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2010, 03:38:39 PM »
What you're trying hard to do is ignore the FACTS, which are that Luzka's situation is exactly the same as Gonz's or Buezenitz's or any other skater who chose to leave their team for a larger paycheque on another team, yet you are trying to justify your hate against him while ignoring these facts that obviously contradict your argument.
I know it's the same. My point is that who has more of a right to "sell-out"? Gonz/Busenitz... or Lutzka. I acknowledge that Gonz is the same situation but I guess what I mean is that it's more okay for him because he's been around longer, he's done so much innovative shit for skateboarding as a whole, and has influenced an entire generation of skaters. After doing all that, he's earned the right and PRIVILEGE to care more about money. He's paid his dues, in a sense. He's stayed true. Lutzka's still young in his career and if he's selling himself short this soon in, that's just... well... lame, to me. I never said I hate Lutzka, either. I just think his career decisions are a little kooky, but hey it's his career.

Scallywag crew!

Stanley Hol

• Rep: -9
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2010, 08:34:54 AM »
Where are their shoes anyway?  Team?

They must of been approaching other guys and getting nowhere.  Wasn't a decenzo getting on?
Real Life.

El Venado Zombi

« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2010, 07:14:18 AM »
Most people don't care about corporations and all that shit. Nike and Adidas had shoes that could be skated in, before they made a skateboarding line.

K-Swiss makes shit like this:

Lutzka has been on for a year or so, and there hasn't been any shoe releases. By the way, Nike, Adidas, and Converse have a history in skateboarding, despite the fact that they didn't have lines/teams until the past few years.

jay

« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2010, 02:02:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Most people don't care about corporations and all that shit. Nike and Adidas had shoes that could be skated in, before they made a skateboarding line.

K-Swiss makes shit like this:

Lutzka has been on for a year or so, and there hasn't been any shoe releases. By the way, Nike, Adidas, and Converse have a history in skateboarding, despite the fact that they didn't have lines/teams until the past few years.

Liiiiiikkke?

El Venado Zombi

« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2010, 03:12:32 PM »
Seriously? That first Thrasher cover was from '81. People skated those brands before the companies created skate lines ith teams. Have you not seen any old skate videos? By "old," I don't mean anything within the past 20 years.

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2010, 03:24:55 PM »
Are you fuckin' with me?
Cons were some of the first shoes used for skateboarding.

Scallywag crew!