Author Topic: Fallen  (Read 12669 times)

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 10000
Re: Fallen
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2010, 04:51:01 PM »
It has nothing to do with marketing. It's just the fact that there's a Zumiez in most malls.
And THAT'S where they went wrong, I'm guessing... In the beginning, Jamie stated that he wanted to keep it a core company. Apparently funds were hard, as they tend to be now, and he had to sell out a tad... but not horribly or anything. It just kind of sucks that annoying little kids, juggalos, and people who don't skate wear them.
Only my fav. metal band Bodom can do that, for obvious reasons...
(No they're not my favorite metal band because of Cole... I actually play guitar and Alexi is my biggest guitar hero, next to Brendon Small and Randy Rhoads.)
or maybe its because your fist has to first be purified in the waters of lake minnetonka before it can touch dylons.

Scallywag crew!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDc5iadh_sE

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -118
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2010, 10:51:09 PM »
yo dawg i heard you like chris cole i put a chris cole in your chris cole so you can chris cole while u chris cole.

HubbaAdsGiveMeBoners

• Rep: -8
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2010, 06:41:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Im pretty curious about how Fallen does in different areas. Seems like the only things skaters are buying at the shop im at is Nike or Vans, with the occasional emerica or adidas. Never Fallen. Anyone see it differently?
[close]

I see people skating fallens pretty often, but then again I'm also in Chris Cole-land.
[close]
Where do you live? haha. Philly?

Yup

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2010, 03:47:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Im pretty curious about how Fallen does in different areas. Seems like the only things skaters are buying at the shop im at is Nike or Vans, with the occasional emerica or adidas. Never Fallen. Anyone see it differently?
[close]

I see people skating fallens pretty often, but then again I'm also in Chris Cole-land.
[close]
[close]

Yup
Lucky. Definitely would rather live there. LOVE Park (even though it's a bust), countless more spots, way better skate parks, more skate shops, still on the East coast... I hate living in Maine. So much...
or maybe its because your fist has to first be purified in the waters of lake minnetonka before it can touch dylons.

Scallywag crew!

Ramrod

• Rep: 7
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2010, 05:57:58 PM »
i bought some fortes a few months back and thats all i skate now.. amazing shoe
i dont see too many people wearing fallen though around here.. most people wear vans and nikes

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2010, 06:27:19 PM »
i bought some fortes a few months back and thats all i skate now.. amazing shoe
i dont see too many people wearing fallen though around here.. most people wear vans and nikes
You'll see the occasional 13 - 16 year old wearing them around here but I NEVER have seen an adult skater in his 20's wear Fallen.
I'm 18 and skate 'em sometimes. Rival Lo-Fis, then a pair of snakeskin colorway Rippers, then the Trooper 5250s (Van Halen rules), then a a pair of half-used Rippers some chick gave me. Vans and Nike seem to be the most popular here as well. At least Vans is a good shoe. I think Nike is very overrated.
I've heard nothing but good things about the Forte for the most part, I'll have to give them and the Slash a try.

Scallywag crew!

Jupiter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2010, 10:04:46 AM »
yo dawg i heard you like chris cole i put a chris cole in your chris cole so you can chris cole while u chris cole.

hahahahahahaha

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2010, 10:14:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

hahahahahahaha
Don't feed the troll.

Scallywag crew!

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2010, 10:21:24 AM »
I've skated my fortes for like, 5 hours and they already have some really deep holes in the canvas.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2010, 10:57:13 AM »
I've skated my fortes for like, 5 hours and they already have some really deep holes in the canvas.
Canvas sucks, anyway. Any model of shoe with canvas side panels is a no-go for me. I try to look for all suede, personally.
Are ALL the Fortes designed with canvas siding?

Scallywag crew!

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2010, 12:09:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Canvas sucks, anyway. Any model of shoe with canvas side panels is a no-go for me. I try to look for all suede, personally.
I've had plenty of long lasting canvas shoes. I think there are suede fortes.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2010, 12:11:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I've had plenty of long lasting canvas shoes. I think there are suede fortes.
The only thing, then, that's making me hesitant is their height. They don't look like they have much support for the ankles.
I might be wrong, though.

Scallywag crew!

shredaledge

• Rep: -2
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2010, 10:06:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Yup
[close]
Lucky. Definitely would rather live there. LOVE Park (even though it's a bust), countless more spots, way better skate parks, more skate shops, still on the East coast... I hate living in Maine. So much...

im from philly too and trust me, not that great, not that many spots, we have like 2 parks all the good stuff is either out side of philly, your not missin much man, except being closer to your lord chris cole

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2010, 08:43:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Yup
[close]
[close]

im from philly too and trust me, not that great, not that many spots, we have like 2 parks all the good stuff is either out side of philly, your not missin much man, except being closer to your lord chris cole
Guarantee it's better than being in a town that consists of around 2,000 people.
Yeah.

Scallywag crew!

Macs T

« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2010, 04:12:07 PM »

i lold

HubbaAdsGiveMeBoners

• Rep: -8
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2010, 04:04:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Yup
[close]
[close]

True.  But if Pop's isn't in that two then you recount.

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2010, 03:08:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i lold
chris cole kid didnt

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2010, 03:30:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

i lold
[close]
chris cole kid didnt
the fact he didnt made me lol more

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2010, 03:43:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

i lold
[close]
chris cole kid didnt
[close]
the fact he didnt made me lol more
Well I would've laughed at it, but it's not nice to laugh at the mentally handicapped.

Scallywag crew!

El Venado Zombi

« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2010, 03:51:35 PM »
Calling someone mentally regular, even though he/she isn't, is making fun of the mentally challenged, which isn't exactly nice.

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2010, 04:02:34 PM »
Calling someone mentally regular, even though he/she isn't, is making fun of the mentally challenged, which isn't exactly nice.
Neither is mocking me.

Scallywag crew!

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2010, 12:14:42 PM »
ive had a few pairs of fallens, both second hand and brand new and they never dissappointed me (im over 20 btw)
not sure if they really have the little kid rep everywhere that some people said they did.

i found the rising sun lo's and the chris cole rippers excellent shoes to skate in, broke in quick, good board feel and protection.
and plus they lasted longer than any pair of emericas ive ever had.

im comparing them to emericas cos ive found them to feel like similar shoes, maybe its just the models i had tho
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2010, 07:30:50 PM »
ive had a few pairs of fallens, both second hand and brand new and they never dissappointed me (im over 20 btw)
not sure if they really have the little kid rep everywhere that some people said they did.

i found the rising sun lo's and the chris cole rippers excellent shoes to skate in, broke in quick, good board feel and protection.

im comparing them to emericas cos ive found them to feel like similar shoes, maybe its just the models i had tho
Yeah, I really did like the Rippers I had, a lot. Pretty solid in every aspect.
I've only owned these Reynolds 3s, but they have better sole construction, but that's about it. And they're durable as fuck, too, but the soles wear out just as fast as the Rips.

Scallywag crew!

shredaledge

• Rep: -2
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2010, 08:06:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Yup
[close]
[close]

[close]

True.?  But if Pop's isn't in that two then you recount.

i only count pops and whitehall, xpark doesnt count

eames1

• Rep: 4
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2010, 09:09:42 PM »
It has nothing to do with marketing. It's just the fact that there's a Zumiez in most malls.

and if there isn't a Zumiez there is certainly a Journey's. Awesome.

El Venado Zombi

« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2010, 10:25:37 PM »
^I thought Vans was the only good brand they carried, but the last time I looked at a catalog was about three years ago at a dentist's. They also have the Converse Black Flag line, as well as Dekline, including the collaboration with TM...I wonder if Ed knows about it.

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2010, 10:41:01 AM »
Journey's has Globe and C1RCA too.

Scallywag crew!

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2010, 11:37:23 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Yeah, I really did like the Rippers I had, a lot. Pretty solid in every aspect.
I've only owned these Reynolds 3s, but they have better sole construction, but that's about it. And they're durable as fuck, too, but the soles wear out just as fast as the Rips.

weird, was skating these herman's today (now the sole is totally fucked) so my mate is giving me a pair of those reynolds 3's in red n black to skate in tomorrow, are they decent?
with these hermans (2) i had to put 2 insoles in cos they just felt really skinny for landing on
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

dylan makes me wet

• Rep: -32
« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2010, 12:33:20 PM »
my shop has some all suede black fortes which i was so tempted to buy
but i got a zipzinger instead

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 652
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2010, 01:45:57 PM »
mystery and fallen... never got the whole emo black and white thing
ONTARIO CANADA