Author Topic: Fallen  (Read 12670 times)

flapJack

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 30
  • if you want our remorse,turn your body to a corpse
Re: Fallen
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2010, 01:58:50 PM »
Journey's has Globe and C1RCA too.

They also seem to only have either really obnoxious neon colors or all black all white shoes. And dont get me started on Zumiez. I went there because i needed bearings and they were the closer shop. The guy working there asked if i skate. insert "heres your sign" joke. I didnt end up buying them either.

But back on topic, i had a pair of the original rivals with the airbag and strap. Really good shoe but never got around to trying any others. The Fortes always look good, heard great things about the chiefs, and i still regret not getting some scouts:

The thing I like most about fallen from day one is the ads with skated shoes. Its like weartested and ripped laces without the words. Looks like one harsh session with a shoe and a pro.

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

• Rep: 10000
« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2010, 02:33:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Journey's has Globe and C1RCA too.
[close]

They also seem to only have either really obnoxious neon colors or all black all white shoes. And dont get me started on Zumiez. I went there because i needed bearings and they were the closer shop. The guy working there asked if i skate. insert "heres your sign" joke. I didnt end up buying them either.

But back on topic, i had a pair of the original rivals with the airbag and strap. Really good shoe but never got around to trying any others. The Fortes always look good, heard great things about the chiefs, and i still regret not getting some scouts:

The thing I like most about fallen from day one is the ads with skated shoes. Its like weartested and ripped laces without the words. Looks like one harsh session with a shoe and a pro.

Yeah that always intrigued me in how they do their ads. Makes it seem more authentic, if that makes any sense.
I had the Lo-Fi Rivals, too. They were my first Fallens. Not so much on the board feel side, but definitely protected my feet for sure.
Never tried the Chiefs, Fortes, or Scouts.
Osiris is fucking lame now for putting out all those weird spaceboot looking neon shoes, especially in Journeys and Zumiez.
or maybe its because your fist has to first be purified in the waters of lake minnetonka before it can touch dylons.

Scallywag crew!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDc5iadh_sE

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 652
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2010, 03:49:15 PM »
you know what as far as im concerned those are just as good as any other brand out there right now... its just something about the whole image of the company that i could never get into. just like circa. i remember when i was younger i was into basically every skate company... but for some reason when circa came out i immediately dismissed them as wack shoes cause of all the weird camo gear adn shit. and i am the biggest muska fan ever. i dont know certain companies used to do it for me, i just like the generic brands now because i feel like im not paying for an image or label or whatever.
ONTARIO CANADA

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2010, 05:20:40 PM »
I can see where you're coming from with that. For me, that company would be something like Lakai. Shoes tear up super fast, every skater that I've met that wears them has this weird, stuck-up attitude and only does tech ledge tricks (Except for one dude), and their designs just don't appeal to me. They might work for some people but I don't think I'd like them at all.
I'll stick with Fallen, Vans, and Emerica.
or maybe its because your fist has to first be purified in the waters of lake minnetonka before it can touch dylons.

Scallywag crew!

El Venado Zombi

« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2010, 11:10:28 PM »
You hate Lakai because the people who are dicks to you wear them? Any pair of Lakai had longer-lasting outsoles than any pair of Emerica...

I really dig the Fallen ads also, but don't plan on buying any soon...haven't tried Picos yet.

Those weird Osiris neon UGGs are pretty popular. Pretty much any dude on campus without Jordans has a pair of those. But, aren't they BMX shoes or some shit?

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2010, 04:39:14 PM »
You hate Lakai because the people who are dicks to you wear them? Any pair of Lakai had longer-lasting outsoles than any pair of Emerica...
I've always heard opposite of their shoe durability. Oh well.
And no, they aren't dicks to me, it's just the vibe they seem to carry. I'm not even generalizing, I'm going off of genuine experience.

Scallywag crew!

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2010, 12:34:23 AM »
I can see where you're coming from with that. For me, that company would be something like Lakai. Shoes tear up super fast, every skater that I've met that wears them has this weird, stuck-up attitude and only does tech ledge tricks (Except for one dude), and their designs just don't appeal to me. They might work for some people but I don't think I'd like them at all.
Raven Tershay rides for Lakai & Creature and shreds

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2010, 12:57:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

the one girl wants some dick the other is in her own world.

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

« Reply #68 on: September 03, 2010, 07:43:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
the one girl wants some dick the other is in her own world.
I'd tap the one with those UGG boots for sure, given she's at least 16. Awesome GIF, though.

Scallywag crew!

Cold Pizza

« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2010, 07:55:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Sure fire way to get your dick sucked, fs air over the ramp tramps.

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2010, 07:56:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Sure fire way to get your dick sucked, fs air over the ramp tramps.
Tuck Knee, at that!
And at least he's wearing what appears to be Marc Johnson's shoes and not Mike's...
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 07:57:23 PM by Skwisgaar Skwigelf »

Scallywag crew!

Hobochilli

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 321
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2010, 09:31:25 AM »
mystery and fallen... never got the whole emo black and white thing
Damn, best thing i ever heard from you rawbertson

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2010, 03:47:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Fallen has broadened their color spectrum in shoes, and Mystery has Color Theory now...
Ironically, none of the riders on Mystery are even close to "emo". No one on a Black Box team is. Emo kids don't skate. They're the kids that cry in the corner of the park because they fell down. Skating in itself is an activity that embodies everything "emo" ISN'T haha.

Scallywag crew!

red deer.

• Rep: -13
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2010, 03:59:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Fallen has broadened their color spectrum in shoes, and Mystery has Color Theory now...
Ironically, none of the riders on Mystery are even close to "emo". No one on a Black Box team is. Emo kids don't skate. They're the kids that cry in the corner of the park because they fell down. Skating in itself is an activity that embodies everything "emo" ISN'T haha.
still goin huh?

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2010, 04:04:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
still goin huh?
What else am I gonna do?

Scallywag crew!

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2010, 06:56:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
still goin huh?
[close]
What else am I gonna do?

go fucking skateboarding?
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2010, 07:02:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
still goin huh?
[close]
What else am I gonna do?
[close]

go fucking skateboarding?
Strained the shit out of my anterior ligament on my foot the other day. I have time on my hands.

Scallywag crew!

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2010, 07:30:13 PM »
that sounds fukking painful  :-\
only reason i aint skating is cos its 3am right here, grim as fukk
should probably go to bed
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2010, 08:21:55 PM »
that sounds fukking painful  :-\
11:20 P.M. here, EST.
Yeah it wasn't too bad. I've tweaked it the same way in the same spot for like the 3rd time in 3 months and it's getting annoying. My fault though, not properly landing. The first night I couldn't walk without limping but the next day was good with some ice and heat. But I still don't wanna accidentally re-injure it this early in its recovery. It's funny too cause I'm totally not one of those people that are douchebags about their shoes and don't tie them tight and try to look all fresh and chill and ends up breaking an ankle. I tied them properly.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 08:24:01 PM by Skwisgaar Skwigelf »

Scallywag crew!

BFKskateboards

« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2010, 04:06:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yeah it wasn't too bad. I've tweaked it the same way in the same spot for like the 3rd time in 3 months and it's getting annoying. My fault though, not properly landing. The first night I couldn't walk without limping but the next day was good with some ice and heat. But I still don't wanna accidentally re-injure it this early in its recovery. It's funny too cause I'm totally not one of those people that are douchebags about their shoes and don't tie them tight and try to look all fresh and chill and ends up breaking an ankle. I tied them properly.
i know how it is man. i roll my ankles a lot. ive been injured this whole year pretty much just from spraining my ankles every month. i guess i have some shitty luck or somethin

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2010, 06:49:40 PM »
i bought me a pair of forte mids. i seem to enjoy them.

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

« Reply #81 on: September 14, 2010, 09:02:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
i know how it is man. i roll my ankles a lot. ive been injured this whole year pretty much just from spraining my ankles every month. i guess i have some shitty luck or somethin
Yeah but on the bright side, it actually strengthens the muscles and tendons over time, from the stretching and use. Down the road, it might actually be harder to sprain. I've heard of this happening before.

i bought me a pair of forte mids. i seem to enjoy them.
Seems to be the most liked shoe so far that Fallen has, here on Slap. I'll probably give them a try, then. Definitely mids though, the low version looks too low.

Scallywag crew!

jojo_fosho

• Rep: -2
« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2010, 09:19:54 PM »
Got a pair of Fortes last week, and I like them. Didnt need to break them in at all. And for the material they are, im surprised they are holding up. But they are really low and I fuck up my ankle every time I go to the skatepark.

El Venado Zombi

« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2010, 09:52:18 AM »
I prefer Slash's shoe, but the Forte is usually $45 or $55, instead of $60ish.

Acrid Avid Jam Shred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -156
« Reply #84 on: September 16, 2010, 12:44:04 PM »
i still regret not getting some scouts:

scouts = T guns mid, fallen fucking recycled a team shoe into a pro model, lame as fuck.

chris cole kid please shut up.... and don't make a shitty sad innocent "no need to be belligerent" reply to this post.

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

« Reply #85 on: September 16, 2010, 04:05:01 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

scouts = T guns mid, fallen fucking recycled a team shoe into a pro model, lame as fuck.

chris cole kid please shut up.... and don't make a shitty sad innocent "no need to be belligerent" reply to this post.
Okay, dickhead.

Scallywag crew!

shredaledge

« Reply #86 on: September 16, 2010, 08:54:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Okay, dickhead.

he asked you nicely and you still fucked up

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

« Reply #87 on: September 16, 2010, 09:11:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Okay, dickhead.
[close]

Being nice wasn't his intent, I'm sure.
If you don't like me, don't post in my threads or bump them for that matter.

Scallywag crew!

shredaledge

« Reply #88 on: September 16, 2010, 09:28:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Okay, dickhead.
[close]

[close]

bump these nuts and stop posting

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

« Reply #89 on: September 16, 2010, 09:31:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Okay, dickhead.
[close]

[close]
[close]

bump these nuts and stop posting
Wow, man. I should stop posting. The guy with only 20 posts told me to!

Scallywag crew!