Author Topic: pros that people love that you can't get into  (Read 27176 times)

Hobochilli

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 309
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: pros that people love that you can't get into
« Reply #120 on: October 06, 2010, 11:56:33 AM »
Lisard king and most of those green room dudes, Muska, couldnt see why everyone was so in to him.
back in the days i would have said Omar Hassan, but i realized he is a ripper

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
« Reply #121 on: October 06, 2010, 09:18:43 PM »
^ muska was the alternative to the tumyeto dudes if you were into gnarly skating.

He annexed two things that were huge with kids at the time, gnarly shit and hiphop culture. Around 96' it was no wonder why he was so huge. Not that kids weren't fanning out over The Chief at all, but a lot of kids of that era couldn't get into The Who and The Doors.
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

Hobochilli

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 309
« Reply #122 on: October 07, 2010, 01:41:27 AM »
^ muska was the alternative to the tumyeto dudes if you were into gnarly skating.

He annexed two things that were huge with kids at the time, gnarly shit and hiphop culture. Around 96' it was no wonder why he was so huge. Not that kids weren't fanning out over The Chief at all, but a lot of kids of that era couldn't get into The Who and The Doors.
for my friends it was more his lifestyle than his skating, there was tons of dudes who skated bigger stuff at that time, whats funny is that they werent that into The Chief then, but when he started Zero they was all over him, changed their chlothes and skating styles.
I guess alot of people did that all over the world

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #123 on: October 09, 2010, 11:27:23 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
for my friends it was more his lifestyle than his skating, there was tons of dudes who skated bigger stuff at that time, whats funny is that they werent that into The Chief then, but when he started Zero they was all over him, changed their chlothes and skating styles.
What time are you talking about? Muska's shit in Fulfill the dream was gnarlier than anything anybody was doing at the time, also, Muska's hype peaked years after zero started.
I just remember when it came to gnarly rail skaters, where I lived, you were either in the Muska camp or the Jamie Thomas camp for who the gnarliest was.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

The Gipper 2.0

• Rep: 0
  • slap's resident crusader against stupidity
« Reply #124 on: October 10, 2010, 11:40:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
What time are you talking about? Muska's shit in Fulfill the dream was gnarlier than anything anybody was doing at the time, also, Muska's hype peaked years after zero started.
I just remember when it came to gnarly rail skaters, where I lived, you were either in the Muska camp or the Jamie Thomas camp for who the gnarliest was.
ending the thread telling stupid people the truth, preach (in a non religious way)!!
I shut up the stupid people and get thanked by the smart ones.  Using my superior intellect I also made the shocking discovery that nhs is actually just as bad as billabong, something no one else seemed to notice!  If you can't handle the truth get outta the kitchen!

pekkaaa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 236
« Reply #125 on: October 10, 2010, 01:05:55 PM »
I almost feel bad about saying this, cause I know alot of you guys love this guy, but I don't understand all the hype around Theotis Beasley.
Hopefully after the new deathwish video drops, I will change my mind.

slappyslap

• Rep: -31
« Reply #126 on: October 10, 2010, 01:30:12 PM »
frank gerwer

homo sacer

• Rep: -7
« Reply #127 on: October 10, 2010, 07:15:26 PM »

tiger woods

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
« Reply #128 on: October 11, 2010, 10:50:35 PM »
all of them, every single pro. they're all fucking stupid to me in one way or another. stop loving pro skateboarders, you really don't need them to be inspired, you don't need to watch your favorite pro do a kickflip 5 times to go skate. man, you don't even a camera to go skate, or friends that jump all over you when you land a trick.

go skate a spot by yourself at 6 in the morning, completely disconnected from society, and tell me you don't find any satisfaction in that. i'm not cam'ron mad or anything, i guess skateboarding is my way of not dealing with anyone, i dislike people in general, they cherish life and everything a little too much for my liking.     

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #129 on: October 13, 2010, 08:07:38 AM »
all of them, every single pro. they're all fucking stupid to me in one way or another. stop loving pro skateboarders, you really don't need them to be inspired, you don't need to watch your favorite pro do a kickflip 5 times to go skate. man, you don't even a camera to go skate, or friends that jump all over you when you land a trick.

go skate a spot by yourself at 6 in the morning, completely disconnected from society, and tell me you don't find any satisfaction in that. i'm not cam'ron mad or anything, i guess skateboarding is my way of not dealing with anyone, i dislike people in general, they cherish life and everything a little too much for my liking.?  ?  ? 

Youre a fool, without pros most skateboard companies would be bust in a matter of days, id like to see you go skating at 6 in the morning without a deck.

Every sport (i know i know its not a sport its a lifestyle yatta yatta yatta) needs pros to spread brand names, shift product, etc. essentially pros are just a way of skateboarding compannies advertising

« Reply #130 on: October 19, 2010, 05:53:16 AM »
Bobby puleo
slash
figgy
lizard king
dylan rieder
spanky
cory kennedy
shane oneill
kerry getz
Chris Cole
Gravette
Tom asta
++

The Donger

• Rep: -63
« Reply #131 on: October 19, 2010, 07:30:41 PM »
Gerwer, D Castillo, J Lenoce

homo sacer

• Rep: -7
« Reply #132 on: October 19, 2010, 09:25:40 PM »

go skate a spot by yourself at 6 in the morning, completely disconnected from society, and tell me you don't find any satisfaction in that. i'm not cam'ron mad or anything, i guess skateboarding is my way of not dealing with anyone, i dislike people in general, they cherish life and everything a little too much for my liking.     

you tired of staring up a superstar's ass too?

Jay E-Quails

• Rep: 0
« Reply #133 on: October 19, 2010, 11:12:19 PM »
used to be corey kennedy, but his little rvca clip changed  me mind

john04o8

• Rep: -27
« Reply #134 on: October 22, 2010, 01:23:01 PM »
josiah gatlyn

Avicci

• Rep: -71
« Reply #135 on: October 24, 2010, 04:15:42 PM »
Tory Fucking Pudwill

"chill out on the yo flips theo we only want whats best for you!"

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #136 on: October 27, 2010, 12:21:05 PM »

Yeah I do agree but we need pros. But you do not really need to get so immersed in their personalities. It's skateboarding not myspace. The reason we need pros and ams is because they set the bar for skateboarding past present future. 

If it were not for a janoski-biebel run in when i was just starting out I do not think i'd of been so pumped. Especially because everyone i knew was telling me i was too big for a skateboard and that only short people are good, then i seen stefan and biebel and I was hooked.

I am glad that stefan got a shoe and everything, I remember you'd say his name and nobody would know who it was. Now he's blowin up like branch davidian
even the steven

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #137 on: October 31, 2010, 01:55:00 PM »
You are really really good, but that doesn't make me care:
P Rod
T Puds
TX

Never had any interest in you:
Furby
TK
E Ellington
Baca
Justin Eldridge - just can't get over rich boy frat style.  May be misperceived but that is the only vibe I've ever gotten.

Name one person that cares:
James Brokman

And the most boring ever:
Jeff Lenoce

Whoever said they don't dig Kenny Anderson, I'm sorry.  You are missing it.

I'm backing Justin Brock too, but I can see how some may not be into him.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

steenz

« Reply #138 on: October 31, 2010, 02:00:57 PM »
P Rod
T Puds
TX

Furby
TK
E Ellington
Baca
Justin Eldridge - just can't get over rich boy frat style.?  May be misperceived but that is the only vibe I've ever gotten.

James Brokman

Jeff Lenoce

Whoever said they don't dig Kenny Anderson, I'm sorry.?  You are missing it.

you gay fuck

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #139 on: October 31, 2010, 03:33:32 PM »
Expand Quote
P Rod
T Puds
TX

Furby
TK
E Ellington
Baca
Justin Eldridge - just can't get over rich boy frat style.?  May be misperceived but that is the only vibe I've ever gotten.

James Brokman

Jeff Lenoce

Whoever said they don't dig Kenny Anderson, I'm sorry.?  You are missing it.

[close]
you gay fuck

Do you have a rebuttal, or could you point out where my opinion is drastically flawed?  Or is 'you gay fuck' all that I'm left with?
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -598
  • who knows
« Reply #140 on: November 01, 2010, 12:06:26 AM »
daryl angel or angle.  whatever i don't feel like taking 2 minutes to find out.  i know he is amazing but i cannot watch him for some reason.

bobby puelo.  personifies the utter nonsense that is 'i do shitty tricks on a spot no one has skated so i am original and better at at skateboarding'.  

richard alder.  like watching the grass grow.  people on here love him though

keenan, but that is only because i don't like people who only skate switch, and if they skate regular it is not often and a random flat ground trick.  queue sammy baptista.  shame how he died though because he meant so much to a lot of people.  carolino keeps enough regular tricks in there to be enjoyable

tim o'connor
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 04:53:14 PM by Tyroneshoelaces »
where is home?

formeitscrazylike

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #141 on: November 01, 2010, 07:20:00 PM »
i dunno if ANYONE likes this dude at all, but let me vent and say that adam dyet is the biggest goober riding a skateboard, hands down

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -598
  • who knows
« Reply #142 on: November 01, 2010, 09:46:42 PM »
i dunno if ANYONE likes this dude at all, but let me vent and say that adam dyet is the biggest goober riding a skateboard, hands down

ha  i was going to say him but i don't think anyone but Phelps likes him.  phelps adores him "DYET!!!  DYET!!!!!"
where is home?

julian

• Rep: -2
« Reply #143 on: November 02, 2010, 08:32:10 AM »
Chaz Ortiz,Lutzka and the other Xtreme-"athletes"

Lorrain Mathews

• Rep: 1
  • square in tha nutz
« Reply #144 on: November 26, 2010, 04:36:22 PM »
as much as its been said...Torey Pudwill, dude looks like a fucking turtle...hes good, but its getting boring to me
Early90z

Steez with Eeze

« Reply #145 on: December 05, 2010, 05:08:16 AM »
barletta
lizard
motta

they are fun to watch but i don't know anyone who would buy their boards whereas i still know people that would buy a pops chocolate board even just because of his old AWS parts and even tho he aint putting too much footy out

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #146 on: December 05, 2010, 01:28:08 PM »
Malto - Most boring ever, I couldnt care less about him
Dylan Rieder - He is one of those dudes, who found out that most people like his style, so he is using it to to extreme, he looks like a pussy to me..
Leo - He is fucking gnarly, but I cant get over him, he looks like he is snowboarding...
Theotis - Dude has like 15 sponsors, fuck this, plus he does not have his own opinion about anything...

There are many more, but Im too lazy to write, maybe later..

Insatiable

• Rep: -17
  • A thirst that can never be quenched
« Reply #147 on: December 05, 2010, 01:52:01 PM »
keenan, but that is only because i don't like people who only skate switch, and if they skate regular it is not often and a random flat ground trick.
Nobody can fade Keenan's style.  Can't be compared to Sam Bap at all.  You're trippin.

Clayton

• Rep: 78
    • Spot Hunter avatar image
« Reply #148 on: December 05, 2010, 02:40:02 PM »
Shane ONeil-Was probably an amazing ballerina in his past life.
Austyn Gillete
Daryl Angel-He puts out so much footage that everything looks the same to me. His parts are a dime a dozen. You don't even notice when he gets better.
Malto-People have already summed it up pretty well.
James Hardy-Skates like a boner, gnarly but stiff.
Reynolds is top 5 all time, but hes become one of the most predictable skaters there are. I would love to see a Reynolds part where he didn't just skate bigass gaps though.
Spanky will never be able to top his "This is Skateboarding" part. He was sicker as a lil kid.
Colin Provost
The Nuge

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1957
« Reply #149 on: December 06, 2010, 08:53:07 AM »
Torey Pudwill's style is just fucking atrocious to me.