Author Topic: pros that people love that you can't get into  (Read 27153 times)

EricLogan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: pros that people love that you can't get into
« Reply #90 on: August 21, 2010, 10:01:23 PM »
furby

Yeah him, trapasso and a torrent of others. Nothing to do with them as a people or even their styles on a board, but to me they're the same person in a different package.

Unless you're Reynolds or a select other few, you don't really appeal to me if you're basing your career around jumping down shit.

I mean, I appreciate that they're pushing their own personal boundaries, but I've grown fond of shit that looks fun or inventive as apposed to stressful and death defying.

I can see why they're liked, I just don't care.
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

Stanley Hol

• Rep: -9
« Reply #91 on: August 22, 2010, 05:40:39 AM »
Expand Quote
furby
[close]

Yeah him, trapasso and a torrent of others. Nothing to do with them as a people or even their styles on a board, but to me they're the same person in a different package.

Unless you're Reynolds or a select other few, you don't really appeal to me if you're basing your career around jumping down shit.

I mean, I appreciate that they're pushing their own personal boundaries, but I've grown fond of shit that looks fun or inventive as apposed to stressful and death defying.

I can see why they're liked, I just don't care.

Have you watched some trapasso footage?  He's actually quite far from the standard 'jump down shit' kind of guy.
Real Life.

Stanley Hol

• Rep: -9
« Reply #92 on: August 22, 2010, 05:42:55 AM »
Koston - i usually only watch his parts once, yes i know he's amazing but i just can't get into watching his parts?
Appleyard - I know he is technically great at skating, just can't even watch his parts, bores me
Leo Romero - maybe due to the overhype, i just cant be bothered
Austin Stephens - still waiting to be dazzled
Brent Atchley - fake style!
Lizard King - dont get the point of this guy
Antwuan Dixon - his "effortless style" with the droopy arms, just makes him look like he's made out of marmalade to me

there's heaps more, thats just the tip of the iceturd

Nah thats all the pro's with the sickest style!
Real Life.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #93 on: August 22, 2010, 09:06:22 AM »
furby
Furby is especially boring even outside of the typical "stairs/rails" guys. I can remember maybe 3 tricks he's ever done.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

MrDreamPop

• Rep: -86
« Reply #94 on: August 22, 2010, 10:45:53 AM »
donny barley.  other people like his power and spontaneity, but i find him really hard on the eyes.
life poser

BriDen

« Reply #95 on: August 22, 2010, 11:47:33 AM »
donny barley.  other people like his power and spontaneity, but i find him really hard on the eyes.

I'm a fan of barley; his trick/spot selection has always been spot on. But it bothers me how he (amongst others) has no loyalty and will get on whatever next company will take him.

manuel

• Rep: -3
« Reply #96 on: August 22, 2010, 01:11:55 PM »
Back in the day I couldn't stand Chad Muska, never saw why people loved him so much. If you watch his vids now he comes off as even more of a douche.
Great skills but just couldn't get in to him.
Does Shane Heyl count btw?
Antwan Dixon
Most of the Baker/Deathwish/Shake Junt team except for Reynolds and Ellington.
And I never thought I would say this but Mike V. Why are you going to get in to a fight at a Ducks game, when you could at anytime have gotten a hockey stick for your kid. He's kind of become a parody of himself at times.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 01:32:26 PM by manuel »

dankradschwag

« Reply #97 on: August 24, 2010, 12:30:21 AM »
All the old school Girl dudes just because they make skating seem like it has to be about being the best and most technically advanced. But at the same time I really love BA 'cause he doesn't skate that way. Olsen and Malto are tight, too. Then I could never really get into Kerry Getz. Don't know why, though.

cheep

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #98 on: August 24, 2010, 12:06:25 PM »
never understood why people liked smolik... Shit style.   
http://cheepshit.tumblr.com/
the worst in jacksonville skateboarding

MuarkSlayer

« Reply #99 on: August 24, 2010, 10:00:55 PM »
ryan sheckler, hes a really cool guy and all and his skating is cool too but i don't know i just don't get the hype around him. like ya know?

few123456789

« Reply #100 on: August 25, 2010, 10:34:05 AM »
ryan sheckler, hes a really cool guy and all and his skating is cool too but i don't know i just don't get the hype around him. like ya know?

Unless this is a joke you're a kook.

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

• Rep: 10000
« Reply #101 on: August 25, 2010, 10:49:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I believe this is what is called uhh.. sarcasm  ;)

I really hope anyway... 
or maybe its because your fist has to first be purified in the waters of lake minnetonka before it can touch dylons.

Scallywag crew!

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #102 on: August 25, 2010, 11:45:35 AM »
leo romero and dylan rieder. im going to kooked for sure, but i just cant watch them. they are good. but im just not hyped when i watch them.

DustyGozongas

• Rep: -11
  • I could smell ya gettin' off the elevator
« Reply #103 on: August 25, 2010, 11:52:20 AM »
Chaz Ortiz

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #104 on: August 25, 2010, 01:04:57 PM »
Chaz Ortiz
i didnt think anyone actually liked this guy? seems like he should be on jersey shore next season.

gmgscigmgsci

• Rep: -14
« Reply #105 on: August 25, 2010, 01:57:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Chaz Ortiz
[close]
i didnt think anyone actually liked this guy? seems like he should be on jersey shore next season.
I've got a friend.

A 22 year old virgin friend who does heelflip indy's.

Dude is nuts about Curren caples and Chaz Ortiz.  Worships them.  He is so crazy over all those little kid skaters.  And the blind team.

bakingsoda

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #106 on: August 26, 2010, 12:50:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nah dewd, ShEcKs is tots kewl.
Fuck, of course he was kidding you dummy.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #107 on: August 26, 2010, 01:15:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Chaz Ortiz
[close]
[close]
I've got a friend.

A 22 year old virgin friend who does heelflip indy's.

Dude is nuts about Curren caples and Chaz Ortiz.?  Worships them.?  He is so crazy over all those little kid skaters.?  And the blind team.
how long before he starts stalking them?

snickers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -345
  • do you think this is a game?
« Reply #108 on: August 26, 2010, 03:14:21 AM »
Back in the day I couldn't stand Chad Muska, never saw why people loved him so much. If you watch his vids now he comes off as even more of a douche.
Antwan Dixon
And I never thought I would say this but Mike V. Why are you going to get in to a fight at a Ducks game, when you could at anytime have gotten a hockey stick for your kid. He's kind of become a parody of himself at times.

You're a fucking moron.
fatcockXL deserves to be mod on the strength of his name alone

manuel

« Reply #109 on: August 26, 2010, 05:12:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Antwan Dixon

[close]
You're a fucking moron.

How so Snicks?

formeitscrazylike

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #110 on: August 27, 2010, 05:41:38 PM »
i kinda sympathize with chaz ortiz just cause he's a kid. imagine if you're whole teenage life was analyzed by a bunch of teenagers and 20-somethings all across the country, you'd look like a goon too.

yeah he does have little kid style and he is what he is, but he's got this crazy talent and he's not mature enough to find his own way. at the ripe ol age of 16 or whatever he's just following advice from peers, team managers, and parents. he'll grow up eventually. even dill was a little kid skater following what he thought was put in front of him at one point, as evident from that CBI interview.

and not saying that ortiz is a dill either, just a comparison while i wax poetic about some goofball am and the volatile and unbalanced world of skateboarding

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #111 on: August 27, 2010, 06:04:33 PM »
With the Justin Brock argument- dude 360 flipped the California street gap in SF. That is fucked beyond belief, he deserved pro status then and there.

Also, I think Furby has pretty good style.
My list:
Antwuan Dixon- always thought his style was too stiff. A lot of people love it, I hate it. I guess I can say that at least it means his style has personality
Sean Malto- I can't say the same for Malto's style. This kid is capable of doing the most mindblowing tricks while not entertaining me.
Alex Olson- He's talented, but he doesn't put out much coverage, and what he does isn't amazing. his hollywood personality rubs me the wrong way, and seriously? Girl? How the fuck did that happen? I feel like this guy was the overhyped draft pick who hasn't amounted to much.
Most of the blue print team- if you named them individually, I like a lot of guys on that team. NOTHING sounds more boring to me than watching a blueprint video though. I don't particularly like british street skating, and something about the videos is so dreary.
Erik Ellington- dude seriously relies way too much on like 3 tricks. He's like Clyde Singleton without the ability to say as much funny shit.
Spanky- That dude just annoys me.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Mullet Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -424
« Reply #112 on: August 28, 2010, 08:57:32 AM »
leo romero and dylan rieder. im going to kooked for sure, but i just cant watch them. they are good. but im just not hyped when i watch them.

You should definitely worry about being "kooked". To avoid this, just try posting things that are popular on SLAP. Start by talking about how awesome Busenitz is, then go on the shoe thread and if someone posts a picture of a white shoe, mention that it looks "so clean". Original? Hell no, but that's beside the point. DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, REVEAL YOUR TRUE OPINION.

I think I just hit two birds with one stone. This was actually a lesson in sarcasm as well!

manuel

« Reply #113 on: August 28, 2010, 09:07:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You should definitely worry about being "kooked". To avoid this, just try posting things that are popular on SLAP. Start by talking about how awesome Busenitz is, then go on the shoe thread and if someone posts a picture of a white shoe, mention that it looks "so clean". Original? Hell no, but that's beside the point. DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, REVEAL YOUR TRUE OPINION.

I think I just hit two birds with one stone. This was actually a lesson in sarcasm as well!

Fuck being a kook, just say what you think.  There are too many trends in skateboarding today.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #114 on: August 28, 2010, 10:25:40 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Its funny, because some of the people with the highest reps are also the most generic. Generally a person with a high rep thinks of clever ways to echo the common opinion.

Also, Daryl Angel sucks. Part of it is because I have heard of a lot of people having experiences with him treating them like shit, the other part is that he almost has that Malto thing going, where he can do tricks I would like if another person did it, but when he does it its dull.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #115 on: August 28, 2010, 12:37:10 PM »
malto:shit is BORING!
pat duffy:Once again, boring! plan b videos were ground breaking, but serously.
duffel:worst style ever, makes me not want to skate
danny way: kook me, whatever, dude is a 35 year old sheckler
prod:i will fall asleep
brezinski:yea the manny shit is crazy, but damn, it get's old
juan oliveria: so boring, like watching someone play a video game.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

bakingsoda

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #116 on: September 01, 2010, 12:51:23 AM »
I already posted this but I just want to repost. Lizard King. I can't fucking stand him.

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #117 on: September 03, 2010, 01:24:44 PM »
I already posted this but I just want to repost. Lizard King. I can't fucking stand him.

Schteven

• Rep: -7
« Reply #118 on: September 04, 2010, 05:21:00 PM »
Justin Figuorwhateverhisnameis. A bunch of nollies into handrails. Whoa......
Fantesticle!

snickers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -345
  • do you think this is a game?
« Reply #119 on: October 06, 2010, 06:42:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Antwan Dixon

[close]
You're a fucking moron.
[close]

How so Snicks?
You're not down for Dustin Dollin? Bryan Herman? The Nuge? Pete Eldridge? Slash? Mike Maldanado?
fatcockXL deserves to be mod on the strength of his name alone