Author Topic: pros that people love that you can't get into  (Read 27088 times)

formeitscrazylike

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
Re: pros that people love that you can't get into
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2010, 10:43:11 AM »
i'm a trapasso fan but i think he's on a downward trajectory. that whole pothead style just doesn't last. look at lavar mcbride, such a big deal at one point and just smoked himself out of the game. tom penny, "chillin stoner" style and drugs have definitely taken their toll on that dude. brent atchley, it seemed like he was gonna be big shit on element for a while and now i haven't seen footy of him in i dunno how long. i have a feeling trapasso is just gonna smoke himself into a lazier and lazier state and he'll go from laidback style to just not trying at all and not doing worthwhile tricks.

i feel like more skateboarders blaze than don't, but there are those dudes that have the pothead style on the board. plus once they get all this praise about having laidback style they over-do it and figure since it got them where they are, it will keep them there, which obviously isn't true based on the examples above.

gkn00dlez

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2010, 03:19:37 PM »
Theotis (very boring to watch)
Rodrigo (also very boring to watch)
Stevie Williams (again very boring to watch)
Bryan Herman (I feel like I'm a watching a really good autistic kid skate when I watch his parts)
Bieble (can be funny but mostly he's just annoying)
Mike Mo (kinda seems stuck up)
Appleyard (I just don't get the hype)
Tom Penny (again....boring)
Alex Olson (to much hype not enough action)

BuddyPal

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2010, 03:21:26 PM »
sierra fellers
tyler bledsoe
cory kennedy

BriDen

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2010, 03:46:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm not gonna quote everyone, but definitely Guru in the top spot. That dude is the definition of bland, from his style to trick/spot selection to even his clothing and a fucking ponytail? C'mon, son...

Agree 100% with Justin Brock and Theotis. Nothing they do really stands out, but I'm not going to hate on them besides the fact that Justin went pro way too soon.
[close]

Brock paid his dues and he's been killing non stop.
Not you specifically, but Guru is an amazing skater and a super nice guy.

[close]

How is putting out one company video part and one homies video part considered "paying dues?" I can't remember a single trick he's ever done besides that ugly 360 flip down the jeremy wray triple set.
[close]

Just because he's only put out 2 parts doesn't mean he isn't good or hasn't been killing this whole time.
I don't think real would of turned him pro for no reason.
He's skating above an am level.
sure there are way better am's then him, but it doesn't mean he doesn't deserve it.
Stop talking man; you're making a bigger case against him than for him. You listed off a bunch of "reasons" that don't mean anything, yet somehow managed to give a legitimate reason for him NOT to be pro.

Also completely agree with Trapasso, and let's throw Jose Rojo in there too.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 03:48:16 PM by Briden »

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

• Rep: 10000
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2010, 04:45:29 PM »
Theotis (very boring to watch)
Rodrigo (also very boring to watch)
Stevie Williams (again very boring to watch)
Bryan Herman (I feel like I'm a watching a really good autistic kid skate when I watch his parts)
Bieble (can be funny but mostly he's just annoying)
Mike Mo (kinda seems stuck up)

Appleyard (I just don't get the hype)
Tom Penny (again....boring)
Alex Olson (to much hype not enough action)

Thank GOD, I thought I was the ONLY one out there that thought this.
or maybe its because your fist has to first be purified in the waters of lake minnetonka before it can touch dylons.

Scallywag crew!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDc5iadh_sE

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2010, 04:45:50 PM »
Mark Appleyard bores the shit out of me.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

In Lieu

• Rep: 15
  • happy go hatred
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2010, 05:09:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm not gonna quote everyone, but definitely Guru in the top spot. That dude is the definition of bland, from his style to trick/spot selection to even his clothing and a fucking ponytail? C'mon, son...

Agree 100% with Justin Brock and Theotis. Nothing they do really stands out, but I'm not going to hate on them besides the fact that Justin went pro way too soon.
[close]

[close]

How is putting out one company video part and one homies video part considered "paying dues?" I can't remember a single trick he's ever done besides that ugly 360 flip down the jeremy wray triple set.
[close]

Just because he's only put out 2 parts doesn't mean he isn't good or hasn't been killing this whole time.
sure there are way better am's then him, but it doesn't mean he doesn't deserve it.
[close]
Stop talking man; you're making a bigger case against him than for him. You listed off a bunch of "reasons" that don't mean anything, yet somehow managed to give a legitimate reason for him NOT to be pro.

i back rojo being pro, if just for the fact he had that gnarly car accident or whatever it was before he was going to initially then came back skating off the back of it, enjoi did a good thing there.

as for the topic though, kerry getz. i've just never seen the attraction.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 05:12:30 PM by In Lieu »
EYTAFIOK

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2010, 05:36:11 PM »
Shit... he's not really a pro and I'm not sure if people love him or not but...
Curren Caples... there's better kids his age. But seriously, who names their fuckin' kid Curren. Honestly.
Also, he looks like straight-up tans in a booth.
or maybe its because your fist has to first be purified in the waters of lake minnetonka before it can touch dylons.

Scallywag crew!

Macs T

« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2010, 05:41:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

i can say the exact same to you

Macs T

« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2010, 05:42:55 PM »
i'm a trapasso fan but i think he's on a downward trajectory. that whole pothead style just doesn't last. look at lavar mcbride, such a big deal at one point and just smoked himself out of the game. tom penny, "chillin stoner" style and drugs have definitely taken their toll on that dude. brent atchley, it seemed like he was gonna be big shit on element for a while and now i haven't seen footy of him in i dunno how long. i have a feeling trapasso is just gonna smoke himself into a lazier and lazier state and he'll go from laidback style to just not trying at all and not doing worthwhile tricks.

i feel like more skateboarders blaze than don't, but there are those dudes that have the pothead style on the board. plus once they get all this praise about having laidback style they over-do it and figure since it got them where they are, it will keep them there, which obviously isn't true based on the examples above.

im guessing you havent seen his xgames footage.
trapasso is still going strong

vince the stud

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -202
  • 4Q
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2010, 07:26:39 PM »
theotis is named a few time... didn't know that some ppl was into him
tricks are for kids , style is forever

heckler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2010, 07:42:30 PM »
Jimmy Cao, anyone?

gkn00dlez

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2010, 08:03:09 PM »
Jimmy Cao, anyone?

add him to my list as well.

Big one I forgot is AVE. People talk about him like he is a god. I just don't see the hype.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2010, 11:07:41 PM »
Curren Caples... there's better kids his age. But seriously, who names their fuckin' kid Curren. Honestly.

I am not going to say who you can like and who you can't, but come on. Not liking him is whatever, but because his name is Curren and because he's too tanned for you? Fuck off.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2010, 11:53:11 PM »
koston he just kinda fell off for me after yeah right and got extremely conceited and annoying and now I just cant be bothered to watch anything he does. he sells out really hard too and no one ever calls him out on it.

malto i dunno if its just me but he seems bland, his whole style seems too stiff to me

jerone wilson, Justin eldridge, chris roberts, daniel castillo, devine calloway and mikey taylor i cant remember a single thing any of those guys ever did

alex olson too much hype and hipster fashion shit
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 02:41:05 AM by The Ghost of Lenny Kirk »

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2010, 01:26:02 AM »

i don't get how anyone who watches his footage could think that. every time new footage of him comes out, he's got a couple tricks in there that he's never done before or rarely does. his x-games real street part was the only one of all the entries that could've passed for a part in an actual skate video, it was amazing. and considering he's filming for the brainwash promo at the same time, you can only guess that his shit for that video is gonna blow minds.

Boomhauer

• Rep: 43
  • Yep
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2010, 02:14:21 AM »
Rename this the hate thread.

On Justin Brock, dude's cool but damn when he turned pro that was a bitchslap in the face to Chima. But those dude's could probably care less anyway.

jayceedeecee

• Rep: -3
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2010, 03:22:29 AM »
Biebel for sure.  Don't know what it is, but for some reason I just can't be bothered to go out of my way to watch one of his parts.  He seems like an alright guy and everything, but I just can't get into him.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2010, 09:19:54 AM »

On Justin Brock, dude's cool but damn when he turned pro that was a bitchslap in the face to Chima. But those dude's could probably care less anyway.
Chima's rad and he definitely deserves a board, but I can't remember a single fucking thing he put out before his Thrasher interview last year.

vince the stud

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -202
  • 4Q
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2010, 02:29:27 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Chima's rad and he definitely deserves a board, but I can't remember a single fucking thing he put out before his Thrasher interview last year.
that's the first time i saw him
Chima Ferguson - Real Extras
and he was in the tws am issue the year alex won
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 02:31:42 PM by vince the stud »
tricks are for kids , style is forever

Crazy Ralph

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
  • You're all gonna die!
    • ShredNJ avatar image
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2010, 04:34:38 PM »
tyler bledsoe
devine calloway
sierra fellers (unless he is doing ninja switch heels)
You either die a hero or live long enough to watch yourself become the Berra.

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2010, 06:49:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I am not going to say who you can like and who you can't, but come on. Not liking him is whatever, but because his name is Curren and because he's too tanned for you? Fuck off.
He's not "too tanned" for me. Let me rephrase that entire part. He's a Cali surfer-style prodigy Woodward kid to me. And Curren is an odd name. I don't dislike him for it, I just think his parents went out there a little. So, technically, I was talking about his parents.

Scallywag crew!

El Venado Zombi

« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2010, 06:56:31 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
There was some Volcom video. I don't own a copy but I'm pretty sure it's called Let's Live.

Macs T

« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2010, 06:59:21 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
i don't get how anyone who watches his footage could think that. every time new footage of him comes out, he's got a couple tricks in there that he's never done before or rarely does. his x-games real street part was the only one of all the entries that could've passed for a part in an actual skate video, it was amazing. and considering he's filming for the brainwash promo at the same time, you can only guess that his shit for that video is gonna blow minds.

yep

Macs T

« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2010, 07:01:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
There was some Volcom video. I don't own a copy but I'm pretty sure it's called Let's Live.

Volcom Let's Live - Chima Ferguson

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2010, 07:16:01 PM »
tyler bledsoe
devine calloway

Yeah, something about the Etnies team seems too... "generic" for me... which is such an awfully vague word to describe them, I know, but I can't even put my finger on it... they just all look the same to me, haha. TWS is on Etnies dick too much.

Scallywag crew!

cancelled

• Rep: -26
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2010, 07:38:38 PM »
mark gonzales... sike.

seriously though... shake junt.

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2010, 07:49:00 PM »
John Cena

formeitscrazylike

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2010, 08:27:10 PM »
sierra fellers i hear for sure, how is he pro? i don't get how that ever seemed like an earned position from anyone's perspective.

and trapasson might not have peaked yet, but what i'm sayin is i think he will peak and then decline real hard

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2010, 09:47:07 PM »
Expand Quote
tyler bledsoe
devine calloway

[close]
Yeah, something about the Etnies team seems too... "generic" for me... which is such an awfully vague word to describe them, I know, but I can't even put my finger on it... they just all look the same to me, haha. TWS is on Etnies dick too much.

i've always kinda thought that bledstoe was pretty close to devine....malto is in the same category too...they all seem like little dudes....who smile alot....I like them though...

I'm picking slap all time fave ricky o....