Author Topic: The Weed Thread  (Read 180785 times)

CigaretteBeer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -392
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: The Weed Thread
« Reply #90 on: November 07, 2010, 11:39:19 AM »
I've been thinking of trying to get a card. I have a lot of legitimate problems that marijuana helps with.

Okay gipper you seem to know a lot about weed so I have a question. It seems like certain weeds I've smoked will give me a shit load of anxiety and others don't. Is this in my mind or are there different varieties of marijuana that cause different effects?
"You were such a shitty parent that your kid couldn't even make it to term A guy who killed his child before it could be born because he was so shitty didn't do anything wrong.You know how the rest of us became positive members of society BY NOT BEING PIECES OF SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE"-Ronald Reagon

Chiguy

« Reply #91 on: November 07, 2010, 12:26:05 PM »
Its not in your head. There are differences in the strains(The two relatives being indica and sativa).  Indica's are more mellow. Super stoned, couch potato, happy high. Sativas are more trippy.

I had some sativa before and it felt like I was hearing everything through a tube or something. Like I could hear myself while I was talking, it was weird. I also tend to have more "check myself" moments, where I tend to question myself "Am I really THIS high right now?" I guess your mood when you smoke either could elevate the effects

I'm sure he could give more in depth info

chuck d

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 234
« Reply #92 on: November 07, 2010, 12:35:52 PM »
It depends on the level of CBD in the strand.

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #93 on: November 07, 2010, 01:03:03 PM »
Its not in your head. There are differences in the strains(The two relatives being indica and sativa).  Indica's are more mellow. Super stoned, couch potato, happy high. Sativas are more trippy.

I had some sativa before and it felt like I was hearing everything through a tube or something. Like I could hear myself while I was talking, it was weird. I also tend to have more "check myself" moments, where I tend to question myself "Am I really THIS high right now?" I guess your mood when you smoke either could elevate the effects

Yes that sounds like the high I'm not too thrilled about. Sometimes I can't even get myself to speak to anyone because I am questioning everything I'm about to say, thinking "man do I sound too stoned?".
"You were such a shitty parent that your kid couldn't even make it to term A guy who killed his child before it could be born because he was so shitty didn't do anything wrong.You know how the rest of us became positive members of society BY NOT BEING PIECES OF SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE"-Ronald Reagon

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #94 on: November 07, 2010, 01:04:40 PM »

I'd hate to run into the girl on the left if I was stoned.

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #95 on: November 07, 2010, 01:15:25 PM »
And then seeing this guy next

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #96 on: November 07, 2010, 02:09:11 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yes that sounds like the high I'm not too thrilled about. Sometimes I can't even get myself to speak to anyone because I am questioning everything I'm about to say, thinking "man do I sound too stoned?".
Yeah, indicas and sativas create different effects, and I've actually heard of people who get anxiety from either/or and only smoke one kind, though usually I've found sativas are less likely to create the paranoia. Even within them there are kinds where some make you more paranoid.
The person above kind of misrepresented the indica/sativa divide though:
Indicas tend to have more obvious and harsh effects, munchies, drowsiness, couch potatoism,  that stupid feeling, not much social function, sort of that delayed thing where you think of what to say, but don't actually say it and end up kind of mumbling it.
Sativas tend to be lighter, they are the ones that make you almost seem more energetic. Sativas are the "have you ever seen a 20 dollar bill... ON WEED?!" weed. They are the kind of weeds you smoke in a joint with a friend on the beach at night and talk about how trippy the universe is. If your mind goes the wrong way, you could dwell on it, but some sativas put me on a more positive mental path than others. Some sativas that I like in terms of the way they make you think are: Green crack, dream queen, and Sour diesel. Shit like headband and lambs breath can make you a bit paranoid if you are susceptible to it.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

RobDyrdek

« Reply #97 on: November 07, 2010, 02:45:26 PM »
ive been smoking too much, my lungs hurt and need a break

chuck d

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 234

The Donger

• Rep: -63
« Reply #99 on: November 07, 2010, 02:53:20 PM »
I've been thinkin about getting a medical card. I live in Colorado and I'm going to school for medical assistant/limited scope radiology associates degree. ? Haven't smoked in about 3 years. I do get migraines and do have back pain, also joint problems: rotor cuff, ankle, hip pain. Just typical problems for anyone skating more than 10 years. The medical field is pretty strict when it comes to drugs. They usually go by Federal and not State law. Does anyone know what area in the medical field is the most lax(for what I'm going to school for)? I would think the Radiology would be more lax since you are not giving injections, IV's or blood draws. Not as 1 to 1, hands on as medical assisting is. But I really have no idea and can't really ask anyone at my school or potential sites I plan to work at in the future. Anyone know about how the medical field is?

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
  • tiger style
« Reply #100 on: November 07, 2010, 03:06:54 PM »
prefer smoking mellow buds these days, sativas...

don't have a great connection where i live now but that's actually working out becuase I get high end stuff that is a bit weak

hate getting too high and getting parinoid or thinking about dumb shit, prefer mellow buzz you can skate and stand to be around people on.

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #101 on: November 07, 2010, 04:10:09 PM »
i haven't heard this mentioned on slap before, but have you guys heard about the Portland Marijuana bar/cafe? i read about this over a year ago and completely forgot about it. you need a card and it costs five bucks, but you could basically smoke all day in there (you can smoke their weed or bring your own.) you can't buy any , but you can smoke as much as you want. wondering if any of you guys have tried it or know anything about it.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2009/11/cannibis_cafe_opens_in_a_haze.html

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2009/11/portland_will_soon_have_2_smok.html

kilgore.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #102 on: November 07, 2010, 05:06:34 PM »
they opened at 4:20 p.m? nothin' against weed but i swear the weed "culture" is fucking painful to see, some of the corniest shit ever.
No holds barred, til labias say "free us"
then its straight to your kids' school, wine coolers in the Prius

baconeggandcheese

• Rep: 41
« Reply #103 on: November 07, 2010, 06:55:55 PM »
Just picked up some of the best g13 I've ever seen. This dude SERIOUSLY knows what he's doing when it comes to growing.  I also got some amazing Master Kush that he grew from a clone he got in Oakland (I'm in CO).  My go-to strains are Sour Diesel, the original Northern Lights, and Bubba Kush as long as it's grown right.  Sour Deeeez for life though.
I actually did hit another skater in the face with my shoe once at a demo doing a shoes fly off kickflip but he was cool with it.

Acrid Avid Jam Shred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -156
« Reply #104 on: November 07, 2010, 08:20:37 PM »
I've noticed that I've been taking weed naps...usually like 10-15 minute naps until someone wakes me up. The best part is that I wake up and am ready to do more stuff.

Bobbito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -14
« Reply #105 on: November 07, 2010, 08:22:53 PM »
they opened at 4:20 p.m? nothin' against weed but i swear the weed "culture" is fucking painful to see, some of the corniest shit ever.
Was just talking to a homie about this today. Weed is great (althought I don't smoke it) but there are just far too many people obsessed about being obsessed about it. For example, rich kids from CT that listen to Atmosphere and the likes........

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #106 on: November 07, 2010, 08:32:12 PM »
 :D
even the steven

no fun

• Rep: 32
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #107 on: November 08, 2010, 02:24:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Was just talking to a homie about this today. Weed is great (althought I don't smoke it) but there are just far too many people obsessed about being obsessed about it. For example, rich kids from CT that listen to Atmosphere and the likes........

on a similar note, fuck the kotton mouth kings
Put on a helmet and some pads and start doing some real shit.

jojo_fosho

• Rep: -2
« Reply #108 on: November 08, 2010, 03:24:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Oh god. I was smoking with a few kids who I don't really know the other day, and this dude was like "BRO I GOT THE PERFECT SMOKING PLAYLIST ON MY IPOD LET ME PLUG THAT SHIT IN" And it was nothing but Kotton Mouth Kings. Shit is the worst music. Fuck all that

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #109 on: November 08, 2010, 06:47:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
Oh god. I was smoking with a few kids who I don't really know the other day, and this dude was like "BRO I GOT THE PERFECT SMOKING PLAYLIST ON MY IPOD LET ME PLUG THAT SHIT IN" And it was nothing but Kotton Mouth Kings. Shit is the worst music. Fuck all that
You should have known it was going to be shit before he even plugged it in.

Macs T

« Reply #110 on: November 08, 2010, 07:40:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
You should have known it was going to be shit before he even plugged it in.

especially if anyone says "bro" and lemme "plug that shit in" within the same sentence.

i got some nameless random sativa dank and my grinder has been ridiculously wet from all the stickiness.
its great, i can chill, skate, then chill, then sleep.  good day 

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #111 on: November 08, 2010, 07:50:40 PM »
^ Fuck you for having such an awesome day.
I got sour diesel I'm smoking right now, and skywalker OG for bedtime.

!?!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #112 on: November 11, 2010, 05:07:21 PM »
I had such an awesome day cause I woke up, went to work, came home lift some weights, went for a run and then meditate to some fucking john coltrane.  How could anyone's day be any better than smoking pot.  It seems like a waste of time and money to me, because how are you even making yourself stronger so you can face life head on.  By smoking pot i could not crush my enemies see them driven be for and here that lamentations of the women because that is truly what is best in LIFE!!!
this iron age has turned to rust

Particleboard Penguin

• Rep: 10
« Reply #113 on: November 11, 2010, 09:11:54 PM »
How do you know if it is an Indica or Sativa without knowing what the name or strand is?

strangefires

« Reply #114 on: November 11, 2010, 09:16:03 PM »
haven't smoked in nearly a month. my connect got narced, and they proceeded to narc their connect. wtg faggots.
my brother is bringing a sack down from the mountains this weekend, pretty 'stoked'.

GnArcIsSisTic

« Reply #115 on: November 11, 2010, 09:19:36 PM »
my connect hooked me up with his connect, so i went out and picked him up and i thought i was going to get stabbed. i'm thinking if i'm going to be buying weed in DC, i need some antwuan face tats

NOTjimmyastelford

• Rep: -13
« Reply #116 on: November 12, 2010, 12:33:01 AM »
do you guys say the strain names out loud in reals life, like with people around?
I'm going to the one in Ontario. I got invented or else I wouldn't go.

CUDDLEMONSTER

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 170
  • reptiles
« Reply #117 on: November 12, 2010, 08:08:46 AM »
do you guys say the strain names out loud in reals life, like with people around?

no fucking way. let the guy trying to sell you it go on about how it's og rama lama ding dong from the himalayan pot terraces and listen politely until he gets the fuck out of your house. from then on the weed will only be referred to as the sack or budda.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #118 on: November 12, 2010, 08:51:08 AM »

only when im in amdam so i know what it actually is, other wise every nice weed is just called cheeze as a marketing ploy by the younger dealers where i live

CUDDLEMONSTER

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 170
  • reptiles
« Reply #119 on: November 12, 2010, 09:01:23 AM »
ugh, my guy makes me call it "comic books" whenever i talk to him on the phone like j. edgar hoover is listening in.