Author Topic: The Weed Thread  (Read 180858 times)

EXTRA SPICY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 323
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: The Weed Thread
« Reply #180 on: February 08, 2012, 06:23:48 PM »
For the first time in 5 years i have rid my essence of thc for an upcoming drug test with the state of california friday. I was expecting sleepless nights, lack of appetite, boredom, all those normal horrible things you hear from stoners who get cut from the umbilical cord of happiness. Instead, it wasn't bad at all, i don't really understand all the hoopla from tolerance breaks. If anything i've been sleeping better, waking up more clear headed, eating just the same and still doing the everyday without skipping a beat.
But after friday as soon as that god damn swab comes out of my cheek it is getting replaced with a doobie that i will suckle harder than the tit that pulled me out of my infant stage, mark my words stoner pals.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #181 on: February 08, 2012, 06:41:03 PM »
The sleep thing is only a problem the first night, eventually you get tired enough and figure it out and can sleep, and like Pabst said, its better sleep. You have more vivid dreams and definitely wake up feeling more fresh.

The thing I have problems with is that I become an irritable bitch when I stop smoking, I'm a lot like thurgood in Half Baked when he quits for a few days.

Anyway, I'm not in that mode, and just got some of the best batch of blue dream I've ever smoked. Its super pure sativa, the kind of shit that actually keeps you up all night instead of making you tired. I just get lost in my own creative (or at least they seem creative) thoughts for hours on the shit, but am still totally functional even when I'm stoned as shit. It's fantastic
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

NegativeCreep

« Reply #182 on: February 08, 2012, 06:57:28 PM »
The thing I have problems with is that I become an irritable bitch when I stop smoking, I'm a lot like thurgood in Half Baked when he quits for a few days.

same here, its been a solid eight days since my last smoke and that's my main "withdrawal" problem. As soon as I get my shit together and can indulge again I'm planning on trying my first edibles.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 11:58:23 PM by NegativeCreep »

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #183 on: February 08, 2012, 07:01:30 PM »
I find its good to take breaks, I dont smoke everyday, around twice a week, usually only before watching a movie, not really a wake and bake type anymore, the thought of getting a conference call while exhaling a massive hit scares the shit out of me

Wall of Nausea

« Reply #184 on: February 08, 2012, 07:41:26 PM »
The sleep thing is only a problem the first night, eventually you get tired enough and figure it out and can sleep, and like Pabst said, its better sleep. You have more vivid dreams and definitely wake up feeling more fresh.

Anyway, I'm not in that mode, and just got some of the best batch of blue dream I've ever smoked. Its super pure sativa, the kind of shit that actually keeps you up all night instead of making you tired. I just get lost in my own creative (or at least they seem creative) thoughts for hours on the shit, but am still totally functional even when I'm stoned as shit. It's fantastic

I would of never thought  ;)

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #185 on: February 09, 2012, 12:34:20 AM »
I was trying to fit in something along the lines of "and people here should know how good I am at being an irritable bitch"

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #186 on: February 09, 2012, 09:44:52 AM »
i used to smoke pretty much everyday, but then i had to quit because of some trouble, i did about a month without smoking, then smoked for a week, and now im on another month of not smoking.

It really sucks for a while, i would be super irritable after smoking so often, but its not so bad anymore.
but i plan on smoking soon again, but im gonna try to keep it only occasionally. too much college homework.

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
« Reply #187 on: February 09, 2012, 11:10:55 AM »
I don's smoke weeds, I grow weeds.

steve

• Rep: 45
« Reply #188 on: February 09, 2012, 01:02:32 PM »

hahaha it takes no smoke for that to happen? :D

Blue dream is alright for a sativa. I had a consistent thing for some lambs bread for about a year and it's the best sativa i've ever had. the mother got too old though, so it's moved onto space queen and alaskan thunderfuck. I had some nice AK for a while too, wasn't a complete sativa but man, one j would leave me going for hours.

Daria.

• Rep: 18
  • You're standing on my neck
« Reply #189 on: February 09, 2012, 03:44:39 PM »
I was expecting sleepless nights, lack of appetite, boredom, all those normal horrible things you hear from stoners who get cut from the umbilical cord of happiness. Instead, it wasn't bad at all.

Today is day twelve for me. I honestly can't recall the last time I went this long, it's got to have been four years or more.
There aren't any good reasons to simply stop blazing, just for the sake of stopping. Drug tests, dealer dry, etc. happens once in a while; I'm not talking about any of that. I have recently come across some very temporary financial issues, and I literally had money for food, and not much else. I was forced to cut out picking up for at least a couple weeks. I got so nervous for like, ten seconds.

What is there to say about taking a break? I have hardly noticed a goddamn thing, expect I do have a little more trouble falling asleep... I think? I miss wake n baking the most, but honestly, from at least twice a day for four years, to a hiatus... Shit doesn't faze me.

I'm getting a refund on a scholarship that my University just accepted (FINALLY), and when that bad boy comes in the mail... I'm cleaning the bong, adding green apple water flavouring, fresh ice cubes, and I'm packing two pyramid party bowls with crystal topping sprinkles and going to the roof of my apartment to look at the city :)

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #190 on: February 09, 2012, 05:00:38 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Blue dream is alright for a sativa. I had a consistent thing for some lambs bread for about a year and it's the best sativa i've ever had. the mother got too old though, so it's moved onto space queen and alaskan thunderfuck. I had some nice AK for a while too, wasn't a complete sativa but man, one j would leave me going for hours.
What I've come to realize over the years, is the person who grew the plant is often a lot more important than the strain. I'm honestly not a fan of lamb's bread, makes me paranoid, but that's just the shit I got.
I'm a fan of a high quality sativa because it takes a much more skillful grower to grow it right. Sativas often have an indica type feel to them because when grown/cured/ handled improperly one of the chemicals breaks down (I want to say CBN-> CBD decomposition, but not sure) and it starts getting dazey again. Whoever did this strain of blue dream did a FANTASTIC job.
Also, with blue dream's popularity, I have ended up with so much shit people claim is blue dream but isn't, beware imposters!

You ever have dream queen? It's a blue dream X space queen crossbreed. The club I used to go to had it pretty regularly. I was a fan.

Unbridled Technical Precision

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -329
  • C.H.Z.
« Reply #191 on: February 09, 2012, 07:46:35 PM »
Expand Quote
I was expecting sleepless nights, lack of appetite, boredom, all those normal horrible things you hear from stoners who get cut from the umbilical cord of happiness. Instead, it wasn't bad at all.
[close]

Today is day twelve for me. I honestly can't recall the last time I went this long, it's got to have been four years or more.
There aren't any good reasons to simply stop blazing, just for the sake of stopping. Drug tests, dealer dry, etc. happens once in a while; I'm not talking about any of that. I have recently come across some very temporary financial issues, and I literally had money for food, and not much else. I was forced to cut out picking up for at least a couple weeks. I got so nervous for like, ten seconds.

What is there to say about taking a break? I have hardly noticed a goddamn thing, expect I do have a little more trouble falling asleep... I think? I miss wake n baking the most, but honestly, from at least twice a day for four years, to a hiatus... Shit doesn't faze me.

I'm getting a refund on a scholarship that my University just accepted (FINALLY), and when that bad boy comes in the mail... I'm cleaning the bong, adding green apple water flavouring, fresh ice cubes, and I'm packing two pyramid party bowls with crystal topping sprinkles and going to the roof of my apartment to look at the city :)

is this anthony????

Truancy

• Rep: 7
  • GFC lifestyle
« Reply #192 on: February 09, 2012, 09:12:35 PM »
Is it even worth growing plants here?

It's so humid out all the time in the summer... do most crystals form during vegetative growth or flowering? If it's flowering then fall is that perfectly crisp east coast weather everyone gets torqued over.

Someone want to recommend some throwngrow strain that grows well in hot, humid weather? (i was thinking Durban Poison)
Man enough to carry cuffs
Man enough to stand trial

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #193 on: February 10, 2012, 02:05:35 AM »

It's so humid out all the time in the summer... do most crystals form during vegetative growth or flowering? If it's flowering then fall is that perfectly crisp east coast weather everyone gets torqued over.

Someone want to recommend some throwngrow strain that grows well in hot, humid weather? (i was thinking Durban Poison)

???

?

Flower.

steve

« Reply #194 on: February 10, 2012, 05:27:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
What I've come to realize over the years, is the person who grew the plant is often a lot more important than the strain. I'm honestly not a fan of lamb's bread, makes me paranoid, but that's just the shit I got.
I'm a fan of a high quality sativa because it takes a much more skillful grower to grow it right. Sativas often have an indica type feel to them because when grown/cured/ handled improperly one of the chemicals breaks down (I want to say CBN-> CBD decomposition, but not sure) and it starts getting dazey again. Whoever did this strain of blue dream did a FANTASTIC job.
Also, with blue dream's popularity, I have ended up with so much shit people claim is blue dream but isn't, beware imposters!

You ever have dream queen? It's a blue dream X space queen crossbreed. The club I used to go to had it pretty regularly. I was a fan.

I've never had dream queen but that sounds delicious.

I always say that there are those who grow herb and there are growers/farmers, with farmers being the more skilled bunch.  Anybody can grow but it takes a skilled farmer to achieve an optimal crop- high yield, right looks, and mastery of genetics to bring desired effects through power and potency. I've heard of clubs having "too much" of a certain strain and continuing to buy the same strain from the grower only to sell it under a different tag. There are factors that come into play with commercialization but i'm spoiled so i'll leave it at that... ;)

It's too bad you were unable to get a good LB, outdoor/indoor it's always been my favorite. What i would burn before and while out at a bar. I had some amazing AK a while back. It was just clean and completely uplifting. For the first part of the high i'd be mellow and quite relaxed, enjoying making observations of my surroundings. If engaged in conversation or book (and i don't often read high) I'd be totally fine and of course far more insightful... Anyways, that stuff was great.

What is the going club rate for the highest grade bubble hash out there?

find a sativa. look for a strain with genetics from SE Asia. Where are you on the EC? if you're in the south you'll have weather like that for a longer period of time but if you're up north of VA it's gonna get chillier come October and you'll need something heartier, a hybrid... good luck
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 05:45:01 AM by steve »

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #195 on: February 10, 2012, 06:59:29 PM »
Club shit is like consistently decent, but its seldom amazing. Once a grower gets a deal with a club, it becomes a whole operation and everything gets rushed. Its high quality, but its not cured or trimmed the way I like it.
That blue dream I had was an exception though. Fantastic shit.

steve

« Reply #196 on: February 11, 2012, 11:42:03 AM »
Club shit is like consistently decent, but its seldom amazing. Once a grower gets a deal with a club, it becomes a whole operation and everything gets rushed. Its high quality, but its not cured or trimmed the way I like it.

that's strange, although it makes sense. you're in LA? i've heard that the quality/appearance gets lower the farther south you travel, because like you said it becomes an "operation" concerned solely with quick turnover.

this space queen is great....

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #197 on: February 11, 2012, 01:00:37 PM »
Its still better than anything I can get out of state, but after living in SF and knowing some "guys" who could hook up some really really good stuff, I'm pretty spoiled.

poocrusher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 329
« Reply #198 on: February 11, 2012, 03:04:02 PM »
You guys need to stop by Boulder sometime...

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #199 on: February 11, 2012, 03:14:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

that's strange, although it makes sense. you're in LA? i've heard that the quality/appearance gets lower the farther south you travel, because like you said it becomes an "operation" concerned solely with quick turnover.

HUMBOLDT

_UniversalTruth_

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #200 on: February 11, 2012, 05:43:22 PM »
no 'bomb ass dank ass purp' but it works^^
i likes skooterboarding.. be lets friends :)

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #201 on: February 11, 2012, 06:05:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

HUMBOLDT
Bay area > humboldt. It's where all of the nor cal growers go to sell their shit, and SF has a thriving indoor scene

Truancy

• Rep: 7
  • GFC lifestyle
« Reply #202 on: February 11, 2012, 06:59:21 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

???

?

Flower.

Thank you. This is me when it comes to growing:

Man enough to carry cuffs
Man enough to stand trial

steve

« Reply #203 on: February 11, 2012, 10:34:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

HUMBOLDT

nothing is getting better =)

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #204 on: February 12, 2012, 11:09:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

HUMBOLDT
[close]
Bay area > humboldt. It's where all of the nor cal growers go to sell their shit, and SF has a thriving indoor scene

I love the bay but the biggest chunk of weed up here goes to LA, east coast, or midwest.
That being said, haller if you need any units down there in the bay Reagan!

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
« Reply #205 on: February 12, 2012, 02:37:21 PM »
I quit in Amsterdam in 1997.  That was an odd day.

I want to hear that story

matter of fact

• Rep: 42
« Reply #206 on: February 12, 2012, 04:13:11 PM »
smoked every day for the past three years, realized two weeks ago while in deep robo-tripping thought that weed was making me limit myself, too easy just to get high and do nothing, i was cheating the system.  i finished my stash a few days later and it's no longer a habit, thought i'd really miss it but that's only at night time now.  smoked a few times at night at a party or at a friend's, but when with friends it's only when they offer and it's no more than a hit or two.  like reynolds said, alot of what matters with smoking weed is the process, and i can see that, but being high sure did feel good.  but... it's the easy way out. 

now i can afford to buy a deck a week if i need to, too bad it's february

steve

« Reply #207 on: February 12, 2012, 07:30:12 PM »
went out to dinner with a friend. she drove and had smoked a bowl in the car. She rolled through a stop sign....

blue lights go on, she lets the fuzz search the car. I've got a quarter in a jar in my pack.

Cops open the jar, smell it, and were grinning from ear to ear. Some pineapple trainwreck... hope those fuckers enjoy it.

I got a $100 civil disorder ticket.... thanks massachusetts

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #208 on: February 12, 2012, 11:33:20 PM »
well, be grateful it wasn't in a different state, it could have been much worse. Bummer though anyway

steve

« Reply #209 on: February 13, 2012, 03:06:22 PM »
well, be grateful it wasn't in a different state, it could have been much worse. Bummer though anyway

oh tell me about it. I paid my ticket first thing this morning and felt very grateful as i was walking out.

I remember how it was even 5 or 6 years ago, if someone had the heads cops were all over them, asking "this is really high grade... where is this from?" making a big deal out of it. I'd gotten arrested about 8 years ago, in a car with lot of stuff in the vehicle and that was a royal pain the ass. As i stood on the side of the road last night all i could think about was getting cuffed, I'd totally forgotten about the decrim. of less than a zipper. It's almost good to get roughed up once in a while, as a reminder to play it carefully.