Author Topic: The Weed Thread  (Read 180841 times)

Burdon

MostlyLurkin'

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
Re: The Weed Thread
« Reply #211 on: February 15, 2012, 02:59:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I quit in Amsterdam in 1997.  That was an odd day.
[close]

I want to hear that story
[close]

I was a military brat and I went to 8th-11th grade in Germany.  Smoking was the norm.  I started at a fairly young age- 13, and really enjoyed it.  By the time I was 15 I was smoking every day.  I was very, very high functioning though.  I never once thought of quitting skating, and I pretty much just got lost in writing and drawing.  That's all I wanted to do.  I didn't even ask a girl out until my Junior year and that didn't last when she figured out that nothing would interfere with skating, homies, art and the sweet leaf.  I never got in trouble for it (it's fairly hard to get in trouble in Europe for it if you're not an idiot.)

By the time I was 17, it was way more than daily.  It was an hour trip to school and by the time I got there I had usually had 2-3 bowls.  For no reason at all, it's not like I was getting much out of it at that point.  My days at this point were pretty much filled with Wu-Tang, graffiti and skating.  I was looking at potentially getting kicked out of school for absences despite having a 3.0 GPA.  My homies and I went to this awesome camping spot in Holland where they had this huge waterslide park and this thing called a Rodelbahn, afterward we went to Amsterdam, where we'd been countless times, bought some stuff and just kicked it, checking the usual shit out.  I was sitting in this coffeeshop with a friend, getting ready to smoke and I just stopped and realized I hadn't gone smoke free in a long time.  On the spot, I just said, "That's it, I am done." Quit on the spot, and left.  It had nothing to do with my friends.  I just packed up and took a train home.  I was getting ready to move back to the states and I think quitting was part of me trying to get used to not living in Germany.  It was weird.  I lost a few friends out of it too, which sucked, but in the long run was the right thing.

I moved back to DC where I am from, went to a school I fucking hated, got sponsored by a shop team and bought a bag once.  When I looked at it and saw that a fair amount of the weight was stems and seeds and it was a lot of shake, I just said fuck it and gave it away.  Never looked back since.  It's just something I am not into anymore.  I am totally fine with other folks doing it, and I totally think it should be legal (I actually think ALL drugs should be legalized), it's just not my thing.  Traveling the world and shit, I get offered ALL the time, but people are always cool with it.

Not that cool of a story, but it's just odd that I had that epiphany IN Amsterdam.  Jesus, that was 15 years ago!

Thanks for sharing your story. I found it very interesting!

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #212 on: February 17, 2012, 04:22:27 PM »

Lance Meowntain

• Rep: -3
« Reply #213 on: February 17, 2012, 05:15:32 PM »
^^ That, my friend, is the greatest thing I have ever seen.

Truancy

• Rep: 7
  • GFC lifestyle
« Reply #214 on: May 28, 2012, 07:04:49 PM »
@ HATE!

It's sad since I realized how close you live to me. I was going to offer you a smoke-out if you rolled by but that would be awkward if you were sober.
Man enough to carry cuffs
Man enough to stand trial

Money Black

• Rep: 4
« Reply #215 on: June 03, 2012, 09:23:52 AM »

thats great, but do people actually put the roach in after rolling it, that doesnt make sense to me

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #216 on: June 03, 2012, 11:52:58 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

thats great, but do people actually put the roach in after rolling it, that doesnt make sense to me
it's not a roach, it's a crutch. you tear a piece of cardboard and make a small kind of filter out of it for the end, keeps weed from coming into your mouth or having to keep tweaking the mouth piece to get a good hit.

Money Black

« Reply #217 on: June 03, 2012, 02:00:07 PM »
well where i'm from thats a roach, and you don't put it in after you roll the joint. thats nonsensical

Fairy Boy

• Rep: 6
« Reply #218 on: June 03, 2012, 05:18:56 PM »
well where i'm from thats a roach, and you don't put it in after you roll the joint. thats nonsensical

Weird, I call it a 'kick' but here in the midwest 'crutch' is very common too. I find it impossible to roll a good one with it already in there, its too loose.

The difference in weed-related terminology always intrigues me...what do you call the remains of an already-smoked joint/blunt?

She takes it in the butt a lot now though so I suppose everything worked out.

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #219 on: June 04, 2012, 12:31:20 AM »
funny cause where i live we call roaches doobies but then where i go to college they call joints doobies. i can understand different terms, but using the same terms for completely different things is really confusing.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #220 on: June 04, 2012, 01:42:25 AM »
doobies? who the fuck calls anything a doobie? I'm pretty sure that meant joint in like 1955.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • kim you need to leave him
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #221 on: June 04, 2012, 03:56:35 AM »
People call joints doobies here in London, but more because it sounds funny. Zoot is the most common used word i guess. Also roach here is the cardboard and the burnt end is just called ends or even paki's ankles if its really small haha

Money Black

« Reply #222 on: June 04, 2012, 06:01:24 AM »
doobies? who the fuck calls anything a doobie? I'm pretty sure that meant joint in like 1955.
doobie is mad common in australia

Money Black

« Reply #223 on: June 04, 2012, 06:23:51 AM »

Expand Quote
[close]

Weird, I call it a 'kick' but here in the midwest 'crutch' is very common too. I find it impossible to roll a good one with it already in there, its too loose.

The difference in weed-related terminology always intrigues me...what do you call the remains of an already-smoked joint/blunt?

i smoke it til the very end or i put some tobacco behind the carboard so theres usually none left. so i have never really had to call it anything.

Fairy Boy

« Reply #224 on: June 04, 2012, 06:50:45 PM »

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

i smoke it til the very end or i put some tobacco behind the carboard so theres usually none left. so i have never really had to call it anything.

I stop as soon as i taste the cardboard/paper/whatever i use as a kick, which always leaves a little behind. When i was cheaper i used to save these roaches up in a jar, and invite all the homies over for a super full steamroller bowl of roach weed, with 3-5 layers of keef in it to make it taste a little less shitty. Got 50 hits out of one such roach bowl.

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #225 on: June 04, 2012, 07:09:11 PM »
i just roll weed to the end, when it gets too small to hold i put it in a one hitter and smoke it like corella deville

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #226 on: June 04, 2012, 07:41:16 PM »
crutches suck due to the lack of a roach that they leave. Roaches are like the gift that keeps giving.

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #227 on: June 04, 2012, 07:57:59 PM »
well i live in the bay area and it's commonly used there for sure, so i'm surprised you don't hear it used.

i actually don't smoke anymore for the time being, but i'm still something of a connoisseur. i'd say my favorite strains are GDP and jack herer. i was surprised with the latter cause i was under the impression that all purps were indicas up until that point, which was off-putting cause indicas typically put me right to sleep. but GDP was an amazing sativa. jack herer smells/tastes amazing, i wish i could've vaped some. speaking of, what are you guys' experiences with vapes?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #228 on: June 04, 2012, 10:05:45 PM »
Vapes are nice but I like smoke. GDP is indica as fuck. You must have been smoking some cross, because pure gdp will keep you locked down on the couch all day.

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #229 on: June 04, 2012, 11:39:17 PM »
same, they're great for good tasting weed but the high isn't as functional, for me anyway. weird, i just looked up GDP and you're right. what a bummer, that was my favorite strain and now i don't even know what it actually was.

Fairy Boy

« Reply #230 on: June 05, 2012, 04:33:00 PM »
crutches suck due to the lack of a roach that they leave. Roaches are like the gift that keeps giving.

Maybe if you're by yourself, but I find all but my closest friends cant be trusted to not get their spit all over the end making it near impossible to smoke halfway through. I tend to share my joints a lot.

Vapes are nice but I like smoke. GDP is indica as fuck. You must have been smoking some cross, because pure gdp will keep you locked down on the couch all day.

Me too. Vapes are like, too clean. Think theres any validity to the notion they remove some cannabinoids due to only being hot enough to burn the THC?

When I'm not rolling, I use my 3-piece bong setup, its awesome. Carb filter, perc and ice catcher. I've read a lot of shittalking about bongs with the carb filter built in, but i love my separate attachment. Way expensive but the rest of the bong never gets dirty and the hits are way, way cleaner. The trick is to not let water get to it; clean it with alcohol. Id love to try the attachments you fill with activated carbon for comparison. Anyone else have experience with filter attachments?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #231 on: June 05, 2012, 09:02:56 PM »
nope, just running a glass on glass with an ash catcher bowl and an ice catcher. I smoke weed and tobacco together through it. Sometimes its not even harsh enough for me. two little bowls of water are all I need as filters.
I have a box vaporizer, but generally only use it when people see that I have it and get excited. Doctors and dispensaries all say vaporizers are safer than smoking, not due to the temperature, but due to the fact that the thc is evaporated into vapor, rather than combusting into smoke. The funniest thing about watching other people smoke the vaporizer and watching them take way too big of a hit because their lungs aren't reacting like they would to smoke, and then seeing them drop like a fly that got hit by bug spray.
Even when you smoke a joint with friends, eventually it dries out, though I would question who you are sharing with that doesn't know how to hit a j without getting their damn slobber all over it. I'm not saying my friends or I are pros, but we usually stop hitting it because it gets too short, not wet.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #232 on: June 05, 2012, 09:23:13 PM »
We drove up to the hills, smoked a joint and then the dude driving went the wrong way and tried to make too hard of a turn and fucked his wheel up on a curb. My friends jumped the fuck out of the car and we all ended up walking back haha. Also, I need to stop doing regular shit when I'm high and I need to learn how to roll a fucking joint.

Fairy Boy

« Reply #233 on: June 06, 2012, 06:42:23 PM »
nope, just running a glass on glass with an ash catcher bowl and an ice catcher. I smoke weed and tobacco together through it. Sometimes its not even harsh enough for me. two little bowls of water are all I need as filters.
I have a box vaporizer, but generally only use it when people see that I have it and get excited. Doctors and dispensaries all say vaporizers are safer than smoking, not due to the temperature, but due to the fact that the thc is evaporated into vapor, rather than combusting into smoke. The funniest thing about watching other people smoke the vaporizer and watching them take way too big of a hit because their lungs aren't reacting like they would to smoke, and then seeing them drop like a fly that got hit by bug spray.
Even when you smoke a joint with friends, eventually it dries out, though I would question who you are sharing with that doesn't know how to hit a j without getting their damn slobber all over it. I'm not saying my friends or I are pros, but we usually stop hitting it because it gets too short, not wet.

What do you like about adding the tobacco? I rarely smoke blunts anymore cuz the tobacco leaf makes me feel sick sometimes. Well that, and because I'll never roll a blunt as good as I can roll a zig-zag. Those new blueberry swishers are pretty good though.

Honestly its been so long since i (or anyone else i smoke with) rolled one sans kick that it might not even be an issue, but its one of those things that i like so much ill never go back. One more bonus, it keeps the weed in without any kind of folding if you need to travel with it.

On a similar note, a few weeks ago my friend used a cigarette filter as a kick, but the joint was skinnier than the filter and it was really lose near that end. One of the more hilariously pathetic joints ive seen.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #234 on: June 06, 2012, 07:35:58 PM »
I dunno. gives you a buzz and a fix I guess. When you do them at first through a bong it seriously fucks you up. Over time, it just became my way.

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #235 on: June 07, 2012, 04:59:17 PM »
^ i got blindsided by a brown bowl out of a bong at a party one time. i was pretty drunk, and took a big rip assuming it was just weed, and it made me fall to the floor on all fours (heh) and hang my head for like 30 seconds before i could manage to stand again. i remember my friends letting me know it was a brown bowl at that point and then myself saying completely emotionless "that shit is crazy." unbelievably intense. couldn't do it on a regular basis but i'm down for it every once in a while.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #236 on: June 07, 2012, 08:32:19 PM »
Yep. That's about right. The first few are always the gnarliest, eventually it just feels right. Don't get into it though, hell on the lungs. I cough up evil evil things

Fairy Boy

« Reply #237 on: June 07, 2012, 08:42:52 PM »
^Me too, even though I stay away from the tobacco and have cut consumption a lot since graduating. I blame it on the change of season so as to not feel compelled to stop smoking.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #238 on: June 07, 2012, 11:06:12 PM »
late late but near vancouver a roach is the end after, and joint or jammer is the full length one. the cardboard 'kick' is called a filter, i've never even heard of those other terms before.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Truancy

• Rep: 7
  • GFC lifestyle
« Reply #239 on: June 13, 2012, 10:08:28 AM »
Are you guys talking about tobacco or hash when you refer to a brown bowl?
Man enough to carry cuffs
Man enough to stand trial