Author Topic: The Weed Thread  (Read 180810 times)

shit_for_brains

Re: The Weed Thread
« Reply #270 on: October 13, 2015, 01:59:08 PM »
Indicas are the "...huh?" types. They'll unplug you a little and mellow you out. Snacks, Netflix, etc.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #271 on: October 13, 2015, 09:25:11 PM »
What do all you potheads(lol) suggest for reducing anxiety?

Indicas is what ive read over sativas.

Im tryin to learn

School me before i get a script

I recommend not smoking weed.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

posguy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #272 on: October 14, 2015, 08:22:50 AM »

Im tryin to learn

They're all different. I'd recommend getting the Leafly app and browse strains on there. It's a really good app plus if you find one you want to try you can find a dispensary around you that will have it. That's your second challenge though. How easy is it for you to get specific strains where you are?

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #273 on: October 14, 2015, 09:37:18 AM »

Im tryin to learn

OldmanEpic

« Reply #274 on: October 14, 2015, 09:58:34 AM »
Expand Quote

Im tryin to learn

[close]

Awesome!

OldmanEpic

« Reply #275 on: October 14, 2015, 10:05:18 AM »
Expand Quote

Im tryin to learn

[close]

Why?

Id rather smoke weed then drink beers to calm my anxiety issue

artichoke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
« Reply #276 on: October 14, 2015, 11:49:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Im tryin to learn

[close]

[close]

Why?

Because, speaking as someone who smokes in part to control anxiety, it's not a long term solution at all.  Sometimes it makes it better for me, sometimes it makes things worse.  If you're going to the length of going to see a doctor i'd recommend taking a look at going to see a therapist or at least getting some self-help books from the library to address the issue at hand instead of having to get so stoney that you forget about it.

Persistent anxiety, like most mental health ailments, doesn't have a magic pill you can take (or joint you can smoke) to make it go away.  It's something you'll be dealing with for a long time and "I'm going to go get stoned and chill out" is a card you can only play in certain situations.

Smoking weed is fun and probably does fewer bad things to your body than alcohol though.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #277 on: October 14, 2015, 12:15:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Im tryin to learn

[close]

[close]

Why?

[close]

Because, speaking as someone who smokes in part to control anxiety, it's not a long term solution at all.  Sometimes it makes it better for me, sometimes it makes things worse.  If you're going to the length of going to see a doctor i'd recommend taking a look at going to see a therapist or at least getting some self-help books from the library to address the issue at hand instead of having to get so stoney that you forget about it.

Persistent anxiety, like most mental health ailments, doesn't have a magic pill you can take (or joint you can smoke) to make it go away.  It's something you'll be dealing with for a long time and "I'm going to go get stoned and chill out" is a card you can only play in certain situations.

Smoking weed is fun and probably does fewer bad things to your body than alcohol though.

You're right if what he's talking about is serious debilitating anxiety and not the casual stress a lot of people refer to as anxiety. Like when people say they have to keep their desk clean because they "have OCD" and aren't just regular people who clean up after themselves.

artichoke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
« Reply #278 on: October 14, 2015, 11:25:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Im tryin to learn

[close]

[close]

Why?

[close]

[close]

You're right if what he's talking about is serious debilitating anxiety and not the casual stress a lot of people refer to as anxiety. Like when people say they have to keep their desk clean because they "have OCD" and aren't just regular people who clean up after themselves.

I was referring to using it to medicate serious anxiety.  I think that if you're weighing the options of drinking a six pack or smoking a joint to unwind on Friday after work getting stoned is absolutely the way to go.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #279 on: October 15, 2015, 05:43:24 AM »
making dry ice hash again
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

cookieboy

• Rep: 10
« Reply #280 on: October 15, 2015, 07:20:13 AM »
Smoked my last bit of weed with my friend and wasn't able to pick up so he gave me a nug to get me through the day. I have 4 class block today so I'll definitely need it to get me through it.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #281 on: October 15, 2015, 08:30:19 AM »
i bought a six pack because of that thread, motherfuckers

shit_for_brains

« Reply #282 on: October 15, 2015, 09:23:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Im tryin to learn

[close]

[close]

Why?

[close]

[close]

[close]

I was referring to using it to medicate serious anxiety.  I think that if you're weighing the options of drinking a six pack or smoking a joint to unwind on Friday after work getting stoned is absolutely the way to go.

I'm a teetotaler so I would advocate getting stoned to mellow out over drinking for sure, but I'm biased. I used to be a heavy drinker and if we're going by the once a ___ always a ___ thing, I'm a total alcoholic. Haven't drank in almost two years though. It ran wild with my anxiety and depression to the point that it negated any medication I was on. BUT I've also been living in the range of kind of to very stoned for like 20 years now. In summary; do whatever you want and being stoned is fun.

Hannity

« Reply #283 on: October 15, 2015, 12:09:17 PM »
Expand Quote
i gave my buddy some seeds in May and he cultivated them til Sunday when he made the call to trim. so the buds are drying right now at his house and i'm hoping to get a decent cut out of it...
[close]

You better. You should've included terms of serfdom when you gave him the seeds.
he hooked it up. definitely a Pineapple taste to it. he grew it outside with the good soil, like the stuff with worm casings and guano. you can tell it's good soil when there's psychedelic art all over the bag.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #284 on: October 15, 2015, 12:20:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i gave my buddy some seeds in May and he cultivated them til Sunday when he made the call to trim. so the buds are drying right now at his house and i'm hoping to get a decent cut out of it...
[close]

You better. You should've included terms of serfdom when you gave him the seeds.
[close]
he hooked it up. definitely a Pineapple taste to it. he grew it outside with the good soil, like the stuff with worm casings and guano. you can tell it's good soil when there's psychedelic art all over the bag.

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 322
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #285 on: October 15, 2015, 04:48:10 PM »

Here ya go brother.
Now you you can change that to a definitely less harmful than alcohol.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4311234/
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4311234/table/t1/

Edit:
To be all inb4 stoners unite rant, I get stoned about 3 times a year on average now. I'm not a proponent of the plant as a miracle cure for life and liberty but I support legalizing it to keep people from being arrested and to let people do whatever the fuck they want with their minds and bodies.

If you're one of those paranoid types that refuses the trust anything from the government whatsoever ("Fucking bullshit stop signs, it's government control on how you move, its not even for your safety and is just a reason to get you into the system when you roll them") that's a ok too. I'll dig up a liberal arts private college peer edited article if you need me to.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 04:50:07 PM by Pabst »
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Hannity

« Reply #286 on: October 15, 2015, 04:48:53 PM »
haha yeah it has a nice sharp taste to it. no grinder for this stuff, it's so nice to pick apart. and i basically only been smoking out of a little chillum and the occasional J. what's your herb like, SFB?

OldmanEpic

« Reply #287 on: October 15, 2015, 07:00:45 PM »
Im just looking to wind down at night from stressful days.

My mind races and its hard to relax or sleep

Ive been tinkering and found i just need a touch of weed to help. Like a gram would last me probably a week at least.

Shit I just bought is awesome. Total chill mode and sleep great

bongboarder420

• Rep: 60
« Reply #288 on: October 15, 2015, 08:39:03 PM »
picked up half oz of mango og

shit_for_brains

« Reply #289 on: October 15, 2015, 09:11:44 PM »
haha yeah it has a nice sharp taste to it. no grinder for this stuff, it's so nice to pick apart. and i basically only been smoking out of a little chillum and the occasional J. what's your herb like, SFB?

I have a few different vendors I get from. The huge scary ex-con Mexican dude has some good daytime/at work stuff but I only get from him if he'll meet me somewhere. I don't want him knowing where I live, and I'm sure his house is being watched. He's definitely into shit other than weed. We have some mutual back-in-the-day friends so I'm not like afraid of him, but he's so fucking sketchy.

My friend who grows his own is pretty good, but it's still just a dude with a couple of plants in his upstairs closet. He's no botanist.  I know this time he has some stuff grown from seeds he brought back from the Netherlands "not up his butt" so I expect it'll be better than his last harvest.

Then there's a guy who is friends with my best friends little brother, and he's cool because he has an ever-changing inventory and will drive his ass across town to come to my house. We'll usually smoke a bowl or two and watch Rick and Morty or some shit then he takes off. He's not too much of a lingerer and I notice the more I let him hang, the more the price goes down.

The Rastafarian chiropractor gets me stuff that I'm convinced only really cool black guys usually get. His shit is expensive, but it's like as blue as the sides of this webpage. A few weeks ago I smoked some of that, came inside to put my swimsuit on, and just stood in my bathroom trying to figure out what I was doing long enough for my wife to come looking for me.

I usually get an oz at a time from each of them, and it's all different.

I portion out some out so I have fun/creative weed for when I skate, mellow feeling good stuff for work, and total person stuff for at night. That's only a little bit though. The rest I throw together in this big ass mason jar and I'm never quite sure what combination I'm getting. That's my favorite. Gets me middle school stoned.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #290 on: October 15, 2015, 09:29:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Here ya go brother.
Now you you can change that to a definitely less harmful than alcohol.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4311234/
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4311234/table/t1/

Edit:
To be all inb4 stoners unite rant, I get stoned about 3 times a year on average now. I'm not a proponent of the plant as a miracle cure for life and liberty but I support legalizing it to keep people from being arrested and to let people do whatever the fuck they want with their minds and bodies.

If you're one of those paranoid types that refuses the trust anything from the government whatsoever ("Fucking bullshit stop signs, it's government control on how you move, its not even for your safety and is just a reason to get you into the system when you roll them") that's a ok too. I'll dig up a liberal arts private college peer edited article if you need me to.

THIS IS ALL JUST MY OPINION

This seems odd because of everything else I've said in this thread, and it's not that I'm against legalization but...

You see how tobacco and alcohol companies push their products on kids. I know those two things are worse than weed, but I also don't think weed is the fountain of youth come to save us all.

It's not really the drug as much as it is the giant Big Marijuana machine that will absolutely start moving and make it just like alcohol. Which weed absolutely is the next frontier in that sense. Because of the image portrayed by advertising, people don't recognize alcoholism for what it is. They think it's a homeless guy on his deathbed, not the guy who doesn't remember teaching his family to hate him. Having a drinking problem is okay socially, and I feel like it's encouraged almost. Again I have to state that I quit drinking two years ago because I am an alcoholic so I am a little biased. When I quit drinking, I lost friends. That drives a lot of people back to drinking because of how advertising has made it THE way to socialize once you're 21.

I don't want weed doing that, and I think legalization will make that a certainty. The mom and pop dispensaries everybody loves would go away real quick and you'd see ads for Marlboro Greens everywhere.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #291 on: October 18, 2015, 06:08:30 AM »
Alcohol can free you and take you somewhere you wouldn't have went, but I'm too much of pussy for the come down tho. I kind of envy all you party trainers.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65505
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #292 on: October 18, 2015, 07:23:39 AM »
Out of interest, do any of you go though the "dark net"?

I've never fucked with it.

Also, if you guys haven't tried them, the Crafty and Mighty are both amazing.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #293 on: October 18, 2015, 12:14:08 PM »
I can't be bothered to brew my own beer or make my own wine, but when it is legalized, you better believe I'm putting the skills I earned growing tomatoes in my backyard will go toward growing some chron.  Not buying from no one after that.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #294 on: October 18, 2015, 12:32:14 PM »
I got some dirty shit right now, almost looks and tastes like reggie.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #295 on: October 27, 2015, 01:40:19 PM »
A guy showed me this liquid that makes shatter into e juice for e cigerettes.  Its new I guess, pretty cool.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #296 on: October 27, 2015, 03:40:26 PM »
To everybody out there trying to stay on a 4 hour pound, I salute you.

Hannity

« Reply #297 on: November 24, 2015, 10:22:54 AM »
new stuff, lotsa crystals. i need a better camera

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #298 on: November 25, 2015, 10:41:11 AM »
Just got my new olloclip and case so I got artsy with my bud

bongboarder420