Author Topic: The Weed Thread  (Read 180855 times)

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
Re: The Weed Thread
« Reply #570 on: September 03, 2017, 07:43:20 AM »
Haven't contributed to this thread although im a regular smoker. Recently got into baking edibles after a long time (found a good shake connect)  I've made cannabutter for years and had no problem - i used a lot of trim. like 40grams of trim to a half cup of butter and i'd always get a  good batch of cookies, brownies (one  cookie/brownie would get someone with my tolerance pretty good)

This time i wasn't able to get trim just shake which is slightly more expensive than trim but its way more potent so i used 10g's of shake - they came out alright - but i wasn't satisfied. Upon some research i read i had to "decarb" the shake - basically bake it for 10 minutes - at first i thought it was really stupid because you'd burn the plant matter thus loosing potency.

but after reading up on it ( http://herb.co/decarboxylation/  ) it made way more sense and i gave it a go- and alas i used 10g's of the same kind of shake and a half cup of butter and was able to get a nice result of potent edbiles.

any one else used this "decarb" method to make weed butter?
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

perverted super otaku!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #571 on: September 03, 2017, 07:56:54 AM »
I have decarbed for firecrackers before and it was effective, you just gotta keep it below the temp where thc vaporizes which im guessing is in the iherb article(i dont remember what it actaully is), it also removes some of the weedy taste, never done it with big batch stuff just single doses, Johnes seems to have a a lot of success/experience with edibles maybe he'll chime in

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #572 on: September 03, 2017, 09:54:41 AM »
Yeah if you're gonna make butter, coconut oil, firecrackers or RSO, anything edible, decarb first.

Let's say the shake is 10%thc (thc content x number of grams) so you can potentially have 1000 mgs from that, but if you skip decarbing, your potency goes down to absorbing only about 60% of the potential 1000, as long as you decarb you can extract 90% or more of the thc.

Not decarbing def can still work tho, but it's an easy step that will make your edibles better.

I probably already posted this link but this is the recipe i use https://www.dudegrows.com/make-potent-cannabis-oil-aka-canna-butter/

Decarbing at 215f instead of 250 helps preserve the terps which can mean more medicinal benefit.

I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Shifty Flip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #573 on: September 03, 2017, 01:54:44 PM »
Moved to Maryland after 20 years in Colorado. Got my med card in Maryland already, but not a single dispensary to go to in the entire state? Can't stop cultivate either? Seems so odd

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #574 on: September 03, 2017, 02:17:09 PM »
Better go down to Hamsterdam.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Vinchenzo

• Rep: -21
    • Eastern Fronts avatar image
« Reply #575 on: September 03, 2017, 03:49:43 PM »
My weed situation is a little weird, I got plenty folks I can hit up but the price is still pretty high. $40-$50 for an 1/8th, $80 quarters. Neither of my dudes know what strain they're selling me but most of the stuff is decent, just feel like my tolerance is not as high and would like to know what my options are. Anyone who sells it for cheap is usually acting like a kook thinking they're a trap lord. Just a whack ego overall. Used to get smoked out on dabs from a homie but that totally killed any physical body functions aka skating :D, but don't seem to have a connect for that anymore.

Overall I wish this damn state (Texas) would at least legalize medicinal bud or lower the extent of the punishments.
Plus all these damn instagram pages with people ripping on these crazy packed bowls gets me mad jealous.
Even thought about growing one plant in my closet but my one bedroom is already packed as fuck plus a constable just moved in a few doors down. I don't know where I'm going with this but I just want bud to be a readily available thing in my home at all times.

#ilovecannabis /rantover

Pigeon

« Reply #576 on: September 03, 2017, 03:58:28 PM »
^
Where are you going to smoke since there's a constable on the same floor?

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #577 on: September 03, 2017, 04:08:24 PM »
It's shameful what's going on in some states.

$2000 fine and jail time in Texas! They can't lose the money that comes with locking people up. It's embarrassing considering many states have gone against federal law with no consequence at all. All I've heard is positives from the legal states, and nothing but horror stories from Texans.

Speaking of Texans, JJ Watt's charity raised 12 000 000 in like a week for the hurricane. NFL should legalize it too many athletes are forced to go the shitty road of prescription drugs.

wheelies

« Reply #578 on: September 03, 2017, 04:33:55 PM »
How bout this, I just took my dog for a walk and spotted a ziplock bag on the sidewalk. I kicked it and it looked like dirt was in it, picked it up and lo and behold, it was weed. Straigh mids!!!

Its like 5 grams but I fucking love brick weed! Its a fucking delicacy for me since all I got access to is good shit. Its special to me cause its some foreign Mexican strain, non of this fancy shmancy colorado stuff. And reminds me of my teens.

Fuckin comin up on some 14 year old kids weed. So tight.

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #579 on: September 03, 2017, 05:21:12 PM »
MAN i moved to China four years a go from living in California my whole life.. $75 for 4 grams of what you'd call mid grade in california and sometimes for the same price the quality can be better.. There is a variety too now - so you can get different strains that taste like GDP or some OG Kush

Why i started to make a lot of edibles so i can smoke less.

Also I always decarb for fire crackers but it was my first time to do it for a batch of butter. I checked out that one method and it looks really interesting!  Wanna try this out!
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

wheelies

« Reply #580 on: September 03, 2017, 05:23:13 PM »
This weed fucking sucks holy shit. Smells like vanilla, taste worst than shitty tobacoo, I smoked a whole one and I'm hight but I'm not really dude...

Not even brick, its little dried out buds, super dry. Its tight though I'm gonna smoke a couple a backwoods

backwoods cigars
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 05:47:13 PM by bawtawd2 »

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #581 on: September 03, 2017, 08:46:13 PM »
My weed situation is a little weird, I got plenty folks I can hit up but the price is still pretty high. $40-$50 for an 1/8th, $80 quarters. Neither of my dudes know what strain they're selling me but most of the stuff is decent, just feel like my tolerance is not as high and would like to know what my options are. Anyone who sells it for cheap is usually acting like a kook thinking they're a trap lord. Just a whack ego overall. Used to get smoked out on dabs from a homie but that totally killed any physical body functions aka skating :D, but don't seem to have a connect for that anymore.

Overall I wish this damn state (Texas) would at least legalize medicinal bud or lower the extent of the punishments.
Plus all these damn instagram pages with people ripping on these crazy packed bowls gets me mad jealous.
Even thought about growing one plant in my closet but my one bedroom is already packed as fuck plus a constable just moved in a few doors down. I don't know where I'm going with this but I just want bud to be a readily available thing in my home at all times.

#ilovecannabis /rantover
Dang I figured everyone in Texas was paying 10 a g by now.
Bawtard I lold
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Vinchenzo

• Rep: -21
    • Eastern Fronts avatar image
« Reply #582 on: September 04, 2017, 11:19:09 AM »
^
Where are you going to smoke since there's a constable on the same floor?
He's in the complex next to me but parks his SUV in front of our spot. I'm not worried cause it's not exactly his duty to go out and make arrests aside from the actual warrants he's serving. I have him seen him hangout with this mexican dude who could be a possible narc.

Expand Quote

#ilovecannabis /rantover
[close]
Dang I figured everyone in Texas was paying 10 a g by now.
Bawtard I lold
Yeah it's stupid.

JusticeAbberdash

« Reply #583 on: September 04, 2017, 08:15:11 PM »
Just got some good weed karma. I moved into my new place yesterday, now I'm just relaxing from a hard skate. I go outside to smoke a joint and some dude who's also new to the city came by asking about a bus. We ended up chatting and he asked if I had a gram I could sell him (I had a half ounce I just got so I could spare it). It ended up being a chill time, dude was cool and we smoked a cig before he headed out. I love when people are nice and open to friendly meetings.

shark tits

« Reply #584 on: September 12, 2017, 02:38:34 PM »
ill murray inspired me. i've got 7 of these strawberry/spacequeen mammajammas in my yard. had a dozen but i culled the males. i wish i dug marijuana the drug but i just like growing stuff. it's starting to look mature in the buds and the leaves are yellowing. will i just know when to harvest?
shark tits weed

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #585 on: September 12, 2017, 03:26:40 PM »
Trim the lower leaves

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #586 on: September 12, 2017, 04:06:17 PM »
Ill_Murray could offer better advice I think, but from what I understand when the majority of trichromes have turned from clear to cloudy, but before too many turn amber as this shows that the THC is converting to CBN(makes you sleepy), so if you got a jewelers loop or magnifying glass maybe check those out. Or make a profile on the ICMag forum and ask them, a lot of those dudes are serious experts in cultivation, from what I understand it's the most respected cannabis forum, even lending it's name to the famous Forum Cut of Girl Scout Cookies

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #587 on: September 13, 2017, 10:10:15 AM »
I agree with PSO, ICmag is a fucking amazing place full of people who just want everyone growing amazing cannabis. 

Ok so as for your lady friends sharktits, the biggest indicator that your plants are ready to come down are if the pistils have darkened and curled inwards.  If at least 80-90% of them are no longer white than it's pretty much up to you when to give the chop but you're at about the maximum THC there.  That's so dope you have a spacequeen cut though, at my new job one of their main cuts is a space queen cross as well and the dude who bred that shit, Subcool from TGA is actually one of the less shitty people out here in the MMJ industry. 

Oh and not trying to be a corrective dickhead at all, but it's trichome (comb)
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #588 on: September 13, 2017, 10:47:25 AM »
oh fuck.., appreciate the correction, I've been spelling and somehow reading it wrong my whole life, damn... 

wheelies

« Reply #589 on: September 14, 2017, 07:52:20 PM »
Sour diesel and durban poison free filled vapes. Massive cloudz. I take too much hits.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #590 on: September 19, 2017, 03:14:29 PM »
Tried some Critical Kush RSO yesterday and it was seriously awesome, really buzz good for recreational use as well

Had some real nice peppy Moroccan Hash too, kind of a dry texture but great Moroccan taste and sativa stoked kinda high

« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 03:18:10 PM by perverted super otaku! »

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #591 on: September 20, 2017, 12:55:54 AM »
Bought 50g of some home made hash. My friend made this and he used isopropyl alcohol to wash the herb with (for around 3 mins) and then used screens to filter out the plant matter. He used a metal screen with sparse holes and thus the product is not exactly oil but still has some hash texture and flavor remaining. Is this technique used in the states? I make oils myself and most times filter the solution with coffee filters but then you have removed all (most) plant matter and get oil. This paste was different. I haven't got a clue what strain was used but the resulting paste was super sticky and potent. I have to store it in folded parchment paper in the fridge because summer temps make it go super runny, similar to oils.
Also, my friend chilled the weed in the freezer overnight but left the iso at room temperature (>30C) and I argued with him that what he did was useless. If he chose to go this path he should have frozen everything, including bowls and plates..
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

JusticeAbberdash

« Reply #592 on: September 20, 2017, 02:38:22 AM »
I'm in such a good place with weed right now, I'm using it to cut back my alcohol and random dog drug use. Pretty soon I'll stick to only weed. I've got a great professional dealer that delivers superb green crack and some other indica heavy strain (along with edibles, concentrates, etc..), I never thought I'd get to a place where I didn't care if weed became legal.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #593 on: September 20, 2017, 05:02:53 AM »
Bought 50g of some home made hash. My friend made this and he used isopropyl alcohol to wash the herb with (for around 3 mins) and then used screens to filter out the plant matter. He used a metal screen with sparse holes and thus the product is not exactly oil but still has some hash texture and flavor remaining. Is this technique used in the states? I make oils myself and most times filter the solution with coffee filters but then you have removed all (most) plant matter and get oil. This paste was different. I haven't got a clue what strain was used but the resulting paste was super sticky and potent. I have to store it in folded parchment paper in the fridge because summer temps make it go super runny, similar to oils.
Also, my friend chilled the weed in the freezer overnight but left the iso at room temperature (>30C) and I argued with him that what he did was useless. If he chose to go this path he should have frozen everything, including bowls and plates..
Damn that sounds amazing!, here it's mostly "bubble hash" extracted with only ice water and mesh bags to filter the resin, but the top quality also is made using frozen plants and a cold environment, and is super melty like butter, but the top quality is like double the price, the normal stuff is also really nice, just not as filtered so you get a bit more plant material(still bubbles and melts), but a more stable and easy to use unpressed hash that you can press just using the heat of your hands, I actually prefer this quality most of the time. Im in Canada btw, but I have never seen isopropyl hash for sale here, only homemade for personal use and friends.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 05:10:30 AM by perverted super otaku! »

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #594 on: September 20, 2017, 05:33:58 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Damn that sounds amazing!, here it's mostly "bubble hash" extracted with only ice water and mesh bags to filter the resin, but the top quality also is made using frozen plants and a cold environment, and is super melty like butter, but the top quality is like double the price, the normal stuff is also really nice, just not as filtered so you get a bit more plant material(still bubbles and melts), but a more stable and easy to use unpressed hash that you can press just using the heat of your hands, I actually prefer this quality most of the time. Im in Canada btw, but I have never seen isopropyl hash for sale here, only homemade for personal use and friends.

Yeah, i found it weird, especially since the price i'm paying is dirt. Normal cheap (albanian) weed costs around 5 euros a gram and this hash thing cost 10e/g. The consistency is more on the oil side and there are no contaminants as it is produced in front of my very eyes. I can't wait to finish work and go burn some.
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #595 on: September 20, 2017, 05:48:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Yeah, i found it weird, especially since the price i'm paying is dirt. Normal cheap (albanian) weed costs around 5 euros a gram and this hash thing cost 10e/g. The consistency is more on the oil side and there are no contaminants as it is produced in front of my very eyes. I can't wait to finish work and go burn some.
Sounds like what's called Quick Wash ISO or QWISO here, but I don't know much about the process, I think some pals on here actually make it also sometimes
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 05:50:34 AM by perverted super otaku! »

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #596 on: September 20, 2017, 09:17:00 AM »
Was going to post this in pondered things thread. But it's about our beautiful plant, so I'll put it here.
I stopped smoking cigarettes 3 + years ago. Even when I smoked cigarettes, I was never a fan of spliffs. The only way they make sense to me is if you have crappy weed. Which I never do. Nowadays I can't even smoke a blunt, without getting a headache.
Usually, if someone is smoking a spliff, they will warn you, and I'll turn it down.
Luckily all my close friends are on the same wave length.
So anyways, me and my buddies were smoking a joint at this spot the other day. I offered a hit to one of the other dudes skating there. He asked if it was a spliff and when I said no, he declined. A couple hours later, this same thing happened with some one else at a different spot. I can understand turning down some tobacco. But the other way around? What's up with that?

JusticeAbberdash

« Reply #597 on: September 20, 2017, 10:29:46 AM »
Was going to post this in pondered things thread. But it's about our beautiful plant, so I'll put it here.
I stopped smoking cigarettes 3 + years ago. Even when I smoked cigarettes, I was never a fan of spliffs. The only way they make sense to me is if you have crappy weed. Which I never do. Nowadays I can't even smoke a blunt, without getting a headache.
Usually, if someone is smoking a spliff, they will warn you, and I'll turn it down.
So anyways, me and my buddies were smoking a joint at this spot the other day. I offered a hit to one of the other dudes skating there. He asked if it was a spliff and when I said no, he declined. A couple hours later, this same thing happened with some one else at a different spot. I can understand turning down some tobacco. But the other way around? What's up with that?

That's fucked up bro. Some people just aint right.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #598 on: September 20, 2017, 11:06:31 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That's fucked up bro. Some people just aint right.

I feel like tobacco and weed should never be mixed. Tobacco fucks me up more than weed and alcohol. Once in a while I'll try to smoke a cigarette if I'm with friends who do just because I'm bored, and I usually can't make it through a full one without feeling like complete shit. How people smoke packs of them a day just doesn't make sense because I could never even get to the point where I felt good after smoking one.

Anyway, the only time I ever smoked a spliff was with this one sketchy kid I used to smoke weed with. It was just him and I, we parked my car off a side street and he rolled up a blunt. Right as he finished rolling it, he tells me "i put some of the tobacco in it to make it fatter. we didn't really have a lot of weed." I still wanted to get high, so we smoked the thing and about 3 minutes after we finished, I had to pull over and have him drive me home in my own car. Never again will I fuck with that shit. Worst high ever.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #599 on: September 20, 2017, 02:51:34 PM »
it can be a delicate balance sometimes, as just a bit extra nicotene can make someone feel sick, but you do build up a tolerance and find the balance if you enjoy the burn and buzz that it creates and many people enjoy especially crucial for pure hash j's, also helps to smoke it more gingerly not reef and hold it in, more of a leisurely puff and chill, closer to a cigarette pull than a cheech and chong