Author Topic: The Weed Thread  (Read 180791 times)

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
  • And you better believe: they're ALL silk
Re: The Weed Thread
« Reply #660 on: February 23, 2018, 05:25:39 AM »
  I would NEVER buy any concentrates.  I do make them.  That concentrate you toking, they're putting all there moldy shit into the mix  6 times out of ten.

What's the worst that can happen? It's like free updates for your immune system. Right? ( i really want to know what is the worst that can happen, but I naturally am scared of mold as well)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM1l4DEvxfc
have you ever followed #PoopSoup on insta? lots of people smoking that fire
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 05:27:56 AM by Jehoshaphat Augustus »
I got beef with Brian sumner and it’s onsite for that fat fucking red coat.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #661 on: February 24, 2018, 07:22:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
  I would NEVER buy any concentrates.  I do make them.  That concentrate you toking, they're putting all there moldy shit into the mix  6 times out of ten.
[close]
Come on man, you worry too much.
[close]
Moonrocks are bad. Hash oil-infused buds (such as Caviar Gold) doesn’t allow growth for fungi, in the short-term.

There isn’t much risk if you buy from growers or dispensaries, so stop scaring people.
  Hash oil infused buds is not what tf I was talking about.   Any weed production set up will have some moldly weed on occasion and you think there just throwing it out?  No they don't.  You can still use shit that's touched with mold to make hash oil that gets customers high.  But it's NOT good for you.  Just vape some weed.  Your blanket "isn't much risk from growers or dispensaries" -what growers or dispensaries?  The U.S alone has how many weed producers?   and it's pretty much unregulated at this point?  -come on.      Ps.  Making iso is easy just avoid breathing any of the shit in.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 07:27:20 AM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #662 on: February 24, 2018, 07:30:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thanks man, my mind likes to worry so I appretiate that.   I don't mean to bum people out.

Pigeon

« Reply #663 on: February 24, 2018, 10:41:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Moonrocks are bad. Hash oil-infused buds (such as Caviar Gold) doesn’t allow growth for fungi, in the short-term.

There isn’t much risk if you buy from growers or dispensaries, so stop scaring people.
[close]
  Hash oil infused buds is not what tf I was talking about.   Any weed production set up will have some moldly weed on occasion and you think there just throwing it out?  No they don't.  You can still use shit that's touched with mold to make hash oil that gets customers high.  But it's NOT good for you.  Just vape some weed.  Your blanket "isn't much risk from growers or dispensaries" -what growers or dispensaries?  The U.S alone has how many weed producers?   and it's pretty much unregulated at this point?  -come on.      Ps.  Making iso is easy just avoid breathing any of the shit in.
In Oregon, dispensaries are required to test for mold. I’ve also sold to dispensaries and they send samples of my products to a lab for testing, before giving me an offer.

Moonrocks are highly likely to have mold, which is why dispensaries switched over to hash oil-infused buds instead. I know the difference between hash-oil and infused buds. I just wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt.

If you’re really concerned about your health, you wouldn’t be smoking concentrates that are purged with butane or C02...

Where the fuck did you get your, “6/10,” statistic from?

bawtawd9

« Reply #664 on: February 24, 2018, 02:24:19 PM »
I drive a bicycle, just gimme the mold extract dawg.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #665 on: February 24, 2018, 08:28:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
In Oregon, dispensaries are required to test for mold. I’ve also sold to dispensaries and they send samples of my products to a lab for testing, before giving me an offer.

Moonrocks are highly likely to have mold, which is why dispensaries switched over to hash oil-infused buds instead. I know the difference between hash-oil and infused buds. I just wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt.

If you’re really concerned about your health, you wouldn’t be smoking concentrates that are purged with butane or C02...

Where the fuck did you get your, “6/10,” statistic from?
  Out of my bum dude sorry.    I didn't know any of this shit^  - I was wrong but I am glad to see it's regulated the way you're talking about.  Thanks for the info.

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #666 on: February 24, 2018, 11:23:05 PM »
Pulling the trigger on a new light set up. Starting to contemplate an LED instead of HPS. I've been using 1,000W HPS for 15 years. Thinking it's time for a change, at least to a lower wattage. Anyone have suggestions?
Also, got some Autoflower seeds, but not sure if I want to even bother with them.

AirBoy

• Rep: 0
« Reply #667 on: February 26, 2018, 06:48:38 AM »
I like Golden Goat. It has a great effect to bring me out of this world.

JusticeAbberdash

« Reply #668 on: February 26, 2018, 11:16:15 AM »

Last good strain I tried was Black Tuna! Nice and heavy indica with sedation or sloth.

JusticeAbberdash

« Reply #669 on: February 26, 2018, 12:53:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Last good strain I tried was Black Tuna! Nice and heavy indica with sedation or sloth.
[close]

Black tuna is good stuff! I like it. Super good for pain relief too

Oh yeah, I meant without sedation or sloth! I'm usually more of a sativa man, but tuna is so strong, and it surprisingly doesn't burn me out.

sododgy

• Rep: 8
« Reply #670 on: February 27, 2018, 03:20:40 AM »
Pulling the trigger on a new light set up. Starting to contemplate an LED instead of HPS. I've been using 1,000W HPS for 15 years. Thinking it's time for a change, at least to a lower wattage. Anyone have suggestions?
Also, got some Autoflower seeds, but not sure if I want to even bother with them.

Is LED really an upgrade though? I've never met anyone running full LED that didn't have to, and never talked to anyone who actually got comparable results to HPS. Granted, I haven't had a room up in two years, so maybe things have changed, but I doubt it. A wide spectrum is great, but it doesn't make up for a lack of intensity.

Why are you wanting to lower wattage? Go double ended HPS and bang it out.

Pigeon

« Reply #671 on: February 28, 2018, 12:41:26 AM »
I got a 90+% THC cartridge of a heavy indica and it’s great. However, I got taxed like $10 because I didn’t bring my recommendation. I’m definitely not going back to that dispensary, and am considering not supporting dispensaries at all (locally).

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #672 on: February 28, 2018, 06:50:00 AM »
 So do you guys buy into the 'sativa' and 'indica' thing?    The whole satviva daytime indica nighttime thing never applied to me.  No weed ever makes me sleepy during the day.  Lately I've seen some articles that suggest science will move away from 'sativa indica landrace' stuff (cause they say its junky) and move toward terps and shit.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -137
« Reply #673 on: February 28, 2018, 09:26:45 AM »
Terp game is about to explode.

I'd disagree on the indica vrs sativa thing. They obviously have much different properties recreation or medicinal.

Cannabis is really funny in that it does all sorts of things for different people. Bro science can explain that, but real science isn't caught up yet.

Also, the other active compounds are blowing up as well.

Being a scientific type if person, I can pick which strains will work best for me based on terps/the/CBD/cbn content.

Myrcene, caryophyllene and linalool are right up my alley.

Limonene high strains increase my anxiety.

CBD high strains are null to me since I use CBD extract
Gentleman ninja warlock

sododgy

« Reply #674 on: February 28, 2018, 10:18:21 AM »
So do you guys buy into the 'sativa' and 'indica' thing?    The whole satviva daytime indica nighttime thing never applied to me.  No weed ever makes me sleepy during the day.  Lately I've seen some articles that suggest science will move away from 'sativa indica landrace' stuff (cause they say its junky) and move toward terps and shit.

It's been moving that way ever since people started paying attention to more than just THC. That said, we're a LONG way from cracking the entourage effect of cannabinoids and terpenes. We're getting there, but there's a ton of work to be done. Add on top of that the fact that our cannabinoid receptors are pretty unique individually, and then all of the info won't apply directly to everyone.

So on sativa vs indica, yes I do believe there's something to it, but not in the way people have generally thought. Especially in the modern climate where you're usually always getting a hybrid to some degree anyway. For example, at least one study has found a significant number of "indica" varieties to contain elevated levels of myrcene (a terp), which is responsible for a sedating effect. So no, I don't think indicia = down sativa = up, but I'd love to see a wider study viewing actual land race strains in their natural habitat to see the correlation of specific cannabinoid and terpene profiles amongst what we traditionally see as sativa and indica. IMO we'll see common profiles based on geography, which was the original basis for indica vs sativa anyway (indica came from colder climates, sativa from warm). I say in their natural habitat because any grower will tell you that a specific growing environment and techniques can change the end result and expression of a plant. Fuck, look at the fact that we have so many differing non cross OG's (meaning original cuts spread by the same person/persons) that have such different expressions.

Custom built terp and cannabinoid profiles designed for effect (as opposed to just flavor) are where we're headed.

JusticeAbberdash

« Reply #675 on: February 28, 2018, 10:27:47 AM »
The future is looking bright, after a lifetime of smoking there's certain highs that I've only felt once. With all this terpene tampering I'll be able to find my way back to the promise land..

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #676 on: February 28, 2018, 11:05:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It's been moving that way ever since people started paying attention to more than just THC. That said, we're a LONG way from cracking the entourage effect of cannabinoids and terpenes. We're getting there, but there's a ton of work to be done. Add on top of that the fact that our cannabinoid receptors are pretty unique individually, and then all of the info won't apply directly to everyone.

So on sativa vs indica, yes I do believe there's something to it, but not in the way people have generally thought. Especially in the modern climate where you're usually always getting a hybrid to some degree anyway. For example, at least one study has found a significant number of "indica" varieties to contain elevated levels of myrcene (a terp), which is responsible for a sedating effect. So no, I don't think indicia = down sativa = up, but I'd love to see a wider study viewing actual land race strains in their natural habitat to see the correlation of specific cannabinoid and terpene profiles amongst what we traditionally see as sativa and indica. IMO we'll see common profiles based on geography, which was the original basis for indica vs sativa anyway (indica came from colder climates, sativa from warm). I say in their natural habitat because any grower will tell you that a specific growing environment and techniques can change the end result and expression of a plant. Fuck, look at the fact that we have so many differing non cross OG's (meaning original cuts spread by the same person/persons) that have such different expressions.

Custom built terp and cannabinoid profiles designed for effect (as opposed to just flavor) are where we're headed.

This is very well put and I completely agree.

I'm finding much more growers these days are looking at specific terpenes for their strain growths. I applaud them(I'm doing the same)

Seems on some levels, the growers/users are steps ahead of the science, and vice versa.

It's quite an exciting time in the cannabis industry. Everyday new things are popping up to be explored

a few pics of my buds

« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 11:34:11 AM by Betaphenylethylalamine »
Gentleman ninja warlock

QueeferMadness

• Rep: -343
  • Don't Fear The Queefer
« Reply #677 on: February 28, 2018, 01:15:52 PM »
Fuckin weednerds are the best kind, i dunno what the fuck any of you are saying but its god damned beautiful

coneklr

« Reply #678 on: February 28, 2018, 05:08:24 PM »

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #679 on: February 28, 2018, 07:24:46 PM »
Gentleman ninja warlock

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #680 on: February 28, 2018, 07:52:09 PM »
Gentleman ninja warlock

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #681 on: February 28, 2018, 08:06:52 PM »
Gentleman ninja warlock

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #682 on: March 01, 2018, 08:38:15 AM »
I grew some for the 1st time ever last summer. I had 2 plants and they didn't do great but I got some very decent buds from them (free weed is the best kind) and am looking forward to giving it another go this summer.

For my first batch I definitely started them way too late. I think they were too young and fragile when the super hot summer weather hit; they got fried. I'm growing on my terrace. I'm going to start way earlier this year. Like in mid-March as opposed to June when I started last year.

I also had them in pots that were too small because everyone was stressing me out that if I put them in pots that were too big the soil would stay wet and get moldy but when I pulled the plants after harvesting them, the roots were really jammed in the pots; they needed a lot more room it seemed.

For this season I'm trying a new idiot proof food kit from a local grow shop. The guy said it's super easy and as long as I don't overfeed them and follow the schedule for the different steps, it's very easy to get good results. The first time around I was using compost and all natural shit trying to be all crunchy about it, but I don't think I have the time/energy/knowledge for all of that.

Anyone got any tips for an amateur?

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #683 on: March 01, 2018, 10:46:05 AM »
Sounds to me like you did just fine, realized your mistakes and learned. For two plants I wouldn't do much different other than better timing and larger pots for flower stage.

No need to over complicate things over two plants
Gentleman ninja warlock

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #684 on: March 01, 2018, 06:21:15 PM »
This thread makes me stoked to get off work.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #685 on: March 01, 2018, 07:58:26 PM »
I'm pretty stoked. Got a bunch of strains I've never tried before which is always fun!

White Castle is up first
Gentleman ninja warlock

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #686 on: March 01, 2018, 11:04:14 PM »
After 11 years of daily smoking just started month six of not.not for any reason and wasn't forced but damnable this thread makes.me want to smoke!!! :o
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

sododgy

« Reply #687 on: March 02, 2018, 12:27:07 AM »
I grew some for the 1st time ever last summer. I had 2 plants and they didn't do great but I got some very decent buds from them (free weed is the best kind) and am looking forward to giving it another go this summer.

For my first batch I definitely started them way too late. I think they were too young and fragile when the super hot summer weather hit; they got fried. I'm growing on my terrace. I'm going to start way earlier this year. Like in mid-March as opposed to June when I started last year.

I also had them in pots that were too small because everyone was stressing me out that if I put them in pots that were too big the soil would stay wet and get moldy but when I pulled the plants after harvesting them, the roots were really jammed in the pots; they needed a lot more room it seemed.

For this season I'm trying a new idiot proof food kit from a local grow shop. The guy said it's super easy and as long as I don't overfeed them and follow the schedule for the different steps, it's very easy to get good results. The first time around I was using compost and all natural shit trying to be all crunchy about it, but I don't think I have the time/energy/knowledge for all of that.

STRICTLY OPINION FOLLOWING

As long as they're drinking enough and have established roots, late starts just mean less time to get big IMO. A temperate to scorching change may shock them a little, but if you're outdoor it's really just time you lose.

If you're really worried about pot size and soil moisture, go with cloth pots (smart pots, root pouch, etc.) and use coco coir as your medium. Cloth pots are great regardless because they help prevent root binding. The roots try to grow through pots and get trimmed naturally when they hit air.

Coir is great, especially if you're using bottled nutes. Well, bottled isometric salt nutes (the vast majority). Coir is "soilless" and technically considered hydro. You won't over water it, it drains fast, and you can use pots MUCH smaller than what you'd need for soil. If you run small pot coco, you're going to want to feed multiple times a day during flower, so unless you want to set up a simple timer/drip system, it's probably more work than you're looking for. They're also great because if you need to pot up because they're outgrowing smaller pots, you can just put your smaller cloth pot in a larger one with soil all around it and the roots will just grow through into the larger pot.

Regardless of your medium, keep your pots off the ground so they can drain well. A couple pieces of small pvc or something underneath work great. Using bottled nutes they're almost certainly isometric salt, and you need to worry about salt build up. When you feed/water, make sure that you feed until you get steady run off. 20% is the rule of thumb (you pour in 5 gallons, you want 1 gallon to pour out the bottom). Salts can build up and burn the fuck out of your girls if you aren't pouring to run off. Hopefully the schedule they give is a feed/water/water or feed/water/feed/water, and ideally your shop is good and wants to help, but grow stores and nutrient manufacturers want to make money, so they may have you using more nutes than needed. You don't need nutrients every time you water. Every other or every third should work.

I'm tired and rambling, but I just haven't gotten to talk shop in ages 😂

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #688 on: March 02, 2018, 06:10:46 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

STRICTLY OPINION FOLLOWING

As long as they're drinking enough and have established roots, late starts just mean less time to get big IMO. A temperate to scorching change may shock them a little, but if you're outdoor it's really just time you lose.

If you're really worried about pot size and soil moisture, go with cloth pots (smart pots, root pouch, etc.) and use coco coir as your medium. Cloth pots are great regardless because they help prevent root binding. The roots try to grow through pots and get trimmed naturally when they hit air.

Coir is great, especially if you're using bottled nutes. Well, bottled isometric salt nutes (the vast majority). Coir is "soilless" and technically considered hydro. You won't over water it, it drains fast, and you can use pots MUCH smaller than what you'd need for soil. If you run small pot coco, you're going to want to feed multiple times a day during flower, so unless you want to set up a simple timer/drip system, it's probably more work than you're looking for. They're also great because if you need to pot up because they're outgrowing smaller pots, you can just put your smaller cloth pot in a larger one with soil all around it and the roots will just grow through into the larger pot.

Regardless of your medium, keep your pots off the ground so they can drain well. A couple pieces of small pvc or something underneath work great. Using bottled nutes they're almost certainly isometric salt, and you need to worry about salt build up. When you feed/water, make sure that you feed until you get steady run off. 20% is the rule of thumb (you pour in 5 gallons, you want 1 gallon to pour out the bottom). Salts can build up and burn the fuck out of your girls if you aren't pouring to run off. Hopefully the schedule they give is a feed/water/water or feed/water/feed/water, and ideally your shop is good and wants to help, but grow stores and nutrient manufacturers want to make money, so they may have you using more nutes than needed. You don't need nutrients every time you water. Every other or every third should work.

I'm tired and rambling, but I just haven't gotten to talk shop in ages 😂

That's really good info. I personally wouldn't go that far for 2 plants though.

Actually I might lol. If ya want good weed follow this advice.

Super shout out on the nutrients. Waaaay too many over do it

Are you growing sativa/indica? I'm assuming hybrid???  Do you (2 plant guy) know how/when to stress your plants to increase flowering?

I've used gentle twists on the stock to increase yield mainly on sativas. Works great(again don't overdo it)

Post pics of your two plants when you start and I'm sure we can walk you through your grow with alot of tips rookies don't know well. Most of it's just really simple shit though. Once you do it a few times you can do it with your eyes closed haha
Gentleman ninja warlock

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
  • And you better believe: they're ALL silk
« Reply #689 on: March 02, 2018, 07:51:17 AM »
Do you know how/when to stress your plants to increase flowering?
Drop that knowledge, please! (if you are a bad bad boy)
I got beef with Brian sumner and it’s onsite for that fat fucking red coat.