Author Topic: The Weed Thread  (Read 180849 times)

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1214
Re: The Weed Thread
« Reply #690 on: March 02, 2018, 08:27:39 AM »

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #691 on: March 02, 2018, 09:07:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Do you know how/when to stress your plants to increase flowering?
[close]
Drop that knowledge, please! (if you are a bad bad boy)

Light manipulation, adding co2 when done correctly works too. Key is not too much light intensity. If you can't figure that part out adding co2 is pointless.

As I mentioned, gentle twists of the stalk improves yeild big time but I usually only do this on lower yeild sativa strains.

If you have experience you can use subtle technique in veg stage as well to train your plants.

Also, a good time is(for indoor) make sure your plants aren't reaching for light. This is a common mistake. Your lighting system is obviously important, but so is proximity to the plant. You don't want it too close(burn) too far (reaching). You need to find a good balance.

Lst and scrOG are methods you can Google. Easy and free plant manipulation/training

I'll drop some more shit later and maybe some more pics
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 09:11:16 AM by Betaphenylethylalamine »
Gentleman ninja warlock

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
  • And you better believe: they're ALL silk
« Reply #692 on: March 04, 2018, 01:18:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Light manipulation, adding co2 when done correctly works too. Key is not too much light intensity. If you can't figure that part out adding co2 is pointless.

As I mentioned, gentle twists of the stalk improves yeild big time but I usually only do this on lower yeild sativa strains.

If you have experience you can use subtle technique in veg stage as well to train your plants.

Also, a good time is(for indoor) make sure your plants aren't reaching for light. This is a common mistake. Your lighting system is obviously important, but so is proximity to the plant. You don't want it too close(burn) too far (reaching). You need to find a good balance.

Lst and scrOG are methods you can Google. Easy and free plant manipulation/training

Picture a man growing corn outdoors, that's my endeavor. That being said, yield ain't no issue!
i know with outdoor, I can only get so good.
I just want to make my stuff taste better. I am very sure that I am curing it to spec.
I got beef with Brian sumner and it’s onsite for that fat fucking red coat.

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #693 on: March 04, 2018, 07:25:28 AM »
2-plant guy here... Yeah, I'm growing outdoors so I don't have much control over a lot of variables. Just soil, food/feeding schedule, pot size, etc.

I did top the plants 3 times and they split off successfully. I didn't do any additional stressing though. I read about it and didn't really feel my limited understanding of it would help my grow.

This season I'm going for 3 plants. My friend gave me the feminized seeds. They are called purple bud or something super generic. They did grow purple, so it makes sense. He got them for free and passed them on to me.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #694 on: March 04, 2018, 08:47:12 AM »
Use the other doods advice for two/3 plants outside.

With his medium, you wont overfeed.

Other than that, watch for bugs/mites
Gentleman ninja warlock

JusticeAbberdash

« Reply #695 on: March 04, 2018, 09:20:15 AM »
Use the other doods advice for two/3 plants outside.

With his medium, you wont overfeed.

Other than that, watch for bugs/mites

Don't forget to watch out for 'mooncrickets'.

beatifk

« Reply #696 on: March 05, 2018, 12:36:17 AM »
If I can find some coir locally I'll try it... but watering several times a day probably won't work with my schedule, so I'm a little dubious about that.

Thanks again guys.

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #697 on: March 05, 2018, 03:20:15 AM »
Fuck yeah, those bud pics are amazing. I would really like to make some rosin and oil out of them purple buds. They look extremely juicy and promising for great yields.
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #698 on: March 05, 2018, 05:29:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Picture a man growing corn outdoors, that's my endeavor. That being said, yield ain't no issue!
I just want to make my stuff taste better. I am very sure that I am curing it to spec.

the biggest yield you can possibly get from a plant will be from natural sunlight.  Some basic tips from an experienced but comparably ignorant weed grower;  don't put them out too early and if you do, put a strong led light on them at night till june 21 (to be safe).  IF you put them out early and they're not getting enougl light they might think its fall and go into flower for a while till they figure things out.  This is stressfull on your plants and will reduce your quality/yield.  Also get a jewlers loop to inspect the trichomes in the fall and harvest when you got 20% amber.  Don't dig holes just make a pot from something like a garbage can and put holes in it -this will help prevent over watering.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 06:20:45 AM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #699 on: March 05, 2018, 06:36:22 AM »
A few holes in a bucket won't prevent over waterering with soil, so be careful. This can cause nutrient lockout and it's hard for the roots to expand in an over soaked soil.

If the medium is CoCo or something similar it's impossible to overwater, but the added bonus is flushing out nutrient buildup which could burn the plants and or throw off pH.

Yes a 1/100th is necessary for pest/prevention, better yet a 1/1000th. Obviously check daily for bugs.

As for yeild, just good seed/genetics and proper maintenance coupled with a tad knowledge and preventative actions and you'll get good yield.

I'm glad you upped it to 3, because it's pretty common at first to lose a plant or two which would absolutely suck if you only have two plants. 3 plants just kinda gives you a back up, or things go right and you get more cannabis! Win/win

If you buy nutrients, remember to only use half of what's recommended(I think somebody else mentioned that?)

Gentleman ninja warlock

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #700 on: March 05, 2018, 09:03:36 AM »
Any tips for me?

I'm about to go from 50 plants(indoor) to full scale commercial at around a thousand plants(indoor).

I'm already nervous as fuck and it's still 3-5 months away
Gentleman ninja warlock

JusticeAbberdash

« Reply #701 on: March 05, 2018, 09:07:00 AM »
Any tips for me?

I'm about to go from 50 plants(indoor) to full scale commercial at around a thousand plants(indoor).

Dude! If you're going to have a commercial sized grow, you should be giving us tips!

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #702 on: March 05, 2018, 09:42:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Any tips for me?

[close]

Dude! If you're going to have a commercial sized grow, you should be giving us tips!

Iol I suppose so hey? It's just a joke.

But I am seriously nervous about such a massive upgrade, but stoked they have the confidence in me and my reputation.

Gentleman ninja warlock

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #703 on: March 05, 2018, 10:04:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Any tips for me?

[close]

[close]

But I am seriously nervous about such a massive upgrade, but stoked they have the confidence in me and my reputation.

Good luck. Youll do great. If you didn't feel nervous, that's when if be worried.
One of my Buddies put it all on the line to go commercial. Put in some hard work, and a few years later ended up in Forbes for selling a medicated drink co to DixieElix for FU cash.i think they bought it just so he wouldn't compete, or that was his plan at the beginning.  It literally is the Green rush days.

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #704 on: March 05, 2018, 10:10:03 AM »
Anyone here building their own LEDs right now? I'm almost committed to it for this new space. The huge ride in electricity costs with this last move is almost forcing it, and with the rise in LED tech, it's almost decided for me.  Anyone with experience?

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #705 on: March 05, 2018, 11:26:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Any tips for me?

[close]

[close]

[close]

Good luck. Youll do great. If you didn't feel nervous, that's when if be worried.
One of my Buddies put it all on the line to go commercial. Put in some hard work, and a few years later ended up in Forbes for selling a medicated drink co to DixieElix for FU cash.i think they bought it just so he wouldn't compete, or that was his plan at the beginning.  It literally is the Green rush days.

Thanks man! And kuddos to your buddy!

I'm doing R&D on the CBD aspect as well so I'm going to be busy as fuck.

At least it's enjoyable

Should be a fun experience in all!

And FYI you'll see some new products on the market soon!

Organic chemistry is my forte so I've got some really unique things up my sleeve so to speak
Gentleman ninja warlock

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #706 on: March 05, 2018, 08:34:56 PM »
A few holes in a bucket won't prevent over waterering with soil, so be careful. This can cause nutrient lockout and it's hard for the roots to expand in an over soaked soil.

If the medium is CoCo or something similar it's impossible to overwater, but the added bonus is flushing out nutrient buildup which could burn the plants and or throw off pH.

Yes a 1/100th is necessary for pest/prevention, better yet a 1/1000th. Obviously check daily for bugs.

As for yeild, just good seed/genetics and proper maintenance coupled with a tad knowledge and preventative actions and you'll get good yield.

I'm glad you upped it to 3, because it's pretty common at first to lose a plant or two which would absolutely suck if you only have two plants. 3 plants just kinda gives you a back up, or things go right and you get more cannabis! Win/win

If you buy nutrients, remember to only use half of what's recommended(I think somebody else mentioned that?)
  I said the holes would "help prevent" -compared to a hole in the ground which may not have adequate drainage the garbage can with the holes is better.  "help prevent" is not "will prevent"

beatifk

« Reply #707 on: March 07, 2018, 04:09:22 PM »
Ok, I found some coir locally. They have the bricks and the big bags. Is one better than the other? The price is about the same base on the amount of liters it comes out to in the end.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #708 on: March 07, 2018, 06:48:05 PM »
Ok, I found some coir locally. They have the bricks and the big bags. Is one better than the other? The price is about the same base on the amount of liters it comes out to in the end.
  Do call and find out weather the coir you got has had the salt taken out.  If not leave t out for a couple of rainstorms or hose it.  The salt will fuck everything up.   

QueeferMadness

• Rep: -343
  • Don't Fear The Queefer
« Reply #709 on: March 08, 2018, 02:35:24 AM »
Anyone here building their own LEDs right now? I'm almost committed to it for this new space. The huge ride in electricity costs with this last move is almost forcing it, and with the rise in LED tech, it's almost decided for me.  Anyone with experience?

Just did a LED retro fit on an office, saved them about 2g a month on electricity

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #710 on: March 08, 2018, 06:38:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Just did a LED retro fit on an office, saved them about 2g a month on electricity

I'm going full LED as well. Hard to believe some growers refuse to change
Gentleman ninja warlock

sododgy

• Rep: 8
« Reply #711 on: March 09, 2018, 11:40:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Disagree here. I've only ever grown indoor, but the strongest bud I've ever had has been Souther Oregon sun grown. There's something to be said for what the sun provides that we haven't been able to replicate with indoor grow lights.

Bag appeal is the primary difference once you've got it down. Put the best outdoor you find up against the best indoor and the indoor will always look better IMO, but as far as the quality of bud outside of appearance a goes, outdoor can be just as good.

What's your flush, dry, cure process like?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 12:08:53 PM by sododgy »

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #712 on: March 09, 2018, 11:48:14 AM »
Yep! 8 of my top 10 flower we're grown outdoor

Obviously indoor grows have way more control and 5hus bag appeal flourishes with indoor grows.

I'm jealous of those outdoor growers for alot of reasons, just not for plant inspection
Gentleman ninja warlock

sododgy

• Rep: 8
« Reply #713 on: March 09, 2018, 12:07:58 PM »
Any tips for me?

Have fun looking for sleep for awhile 😂.

Are you getting to build out a new spot, or are you taking over an existing space? Trying to salvage a couple thousand incredibly poorly designed square feet (with backers who didn't understand the process and just wanted to capitalize) was as big as I got, and it was worth every headache, even if it did totally fail because they refused to spend the cash to solve problems before they were problems.

What LED's are you gonna run? I don't think it's a matter of growers being unwilling to adapt (okay, it is with a ton of growers), but the results just weren't there a few years ago. I'll be looking to get back up and running on a small level, but haven't started checking new tech yet. I'd love to know what LEDs you've seen comparable results from. I was excited about CMH but didn't have a chance to test it before shutting down a few years back.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #714 on: March 09, 2018, 01:07:10 PM »
Lol, well if I was gonna lose sleep at 1000 plants I'm really going to lose sleep now.

We just purchased an existing 25,000sq foot facility that's practically brand new. Doesn't need any work other than set up.

But now.... Things keep changing. Talk is now of another brand new facility capable of 30,000 plants and now we have to expand on my team.

LED is brand new to me, but I've witnessed one grow on vipar Spectra 1200's and it's fuckin downright impressive.

Right now, we are still discussing as a team, which to choose and trying our best to calculate all things. It's clearly an important decision for the business, the plants and the growers so I don't want to fuck anything up.

This is already becoming a 12 hour work day and all it is at this point is discussion, phone calls, emails and government regulations.

I can't wait to just get set up and grow.

I'm all ears if you have solid suggestions however, and I think it's great chatting with a fresh perspective on the topic of lighting

Gentleman ninja warlock

casper

« Reply #715 on: March 09, 2018, 04:30:59 PM »
I took a weed break after smoking everyday for like 20 years and I’ll be honest the best thing about not smoking weed is smoking weed again and getting high as fuck.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #716 on: March 09, 2018, 05:23:40 PM »
hahaha casper, awesome!

here is some more bud porn.

hash plant, kosher kush, crown royale, gsc, gdp (only ones I can remember)

Gentleman ninja warlock

Moffaka

• Rep: 0
« Reply #717 on: March 13, 2018, 05:19:46 AM »
Yeah outdoor is a lose lose for the environment and for you.  Just make one of these bad boys to start and you'll be burning in no time...

http://www.growweedeasy.com/marijuana-space-buckets
Enough to catch up on the horror, not so simple. :o

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #718 on: March 14, 2018, 09:53:26 AM »
Could just as easily post this in the things you're stoked on thread.
I should have owed $300 in taxes this year. But my buddy clued me in to his tax lady. All my medical marijuana can be used as a write off or something like that. And I'm getting $2200 back. Finally, a loophole for me.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #719 on: March 14, 2018, 03:49:05 PM »
Just finished curing 13 dawgs

About to test this out!

« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 07:20:33 PM by Betaphenylethylalamine »
Gentleman ninja warlock