Author Topic: The Weed Thread  (Read 180790 times)

johnes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
Re: The Weed Thread
« Reply #840 on: August 11, 2018, 08:17:16 AM »
Not all these bugs are purple but this one looked cool. Although I read purple can mean it was low on certain nutrients. This is a cbd nug.

https://instagram.com/p/BmV867HlmnI/
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -137
« Reply #841 on: August 11, 2018, 10:19:08 AM »
Almost any strain can be turned purple by changing the temps during flower.

If you reduce the temps, you get all sorts of fucked up colors
Gentleman ninja warlock

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
« Reply #842 on: September 05, 2018, 12:28:33 PM »
Need some recommendations

When is weed ready to harvest?
Is 60/40 cloudy to clear ratio the best bet?
If so what kind of magnification is the best way to check the resin?

I think I have 10x but I can kinda see what’s going on but I would like to be more certain

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #843 on: September 05, 2018, 02:05:14 PM »
Need some recommendations

When is weed ready to harvest?
Is 60/40 cloudy to clear ratio the best bet?
If so what kind of magnification is the best way to check the resin?

I think I have 10x but I can kinda see what’s going on but I would like to be more certain

I go to 20% amber trichromes(roughly) and 100x magnification is the way to go.

Nothing really wrong try to push it further though. Everyone has their preferences
Gentleman ninja warlock

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #844 on: September 05, 2018, 02:06:17 PM »
Should have better magnification even if it's to keep your plants pest free. 10x is not nearly good enough to detect all pests

Gentleman ninja warlock

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
« Reply #845 on: September 05, 2018, 03:05:17 PM »
Thanks!

I feel like 20% might be the way to go because don’t they keep going Amber after harvest?

This is my second outdoor grow and pest management is definitely on my agenda for next year, currently my IPM is relying on garden spiders 😂 and picking off caterpillars as I see them

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #846 on: September 05, 2018, 07:59:29 PM »
It all depends. Some say the more amber the more couchlock, the less, more heady high

Not in my experience though

Also many trichs may be "milky" and that's okay too

20% seems to be my sweet spot, but some try to push it as high as possible

Spiders are good, so are mantis and ladybugs

I've never had an infestation or bug issue but it's not because of my methods or techniques, it's just sheer fuckin luck.

Many strains are alot more resilient to pest however, so it's good to get genetics from a good company that tests genetics longer and more in depth than the many seed companies that just push f1s right out the gate
Gentleman ninja warlock

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1214
« Reply #847 on: October 08, 2018, 04:41:09 PM »
i ripped my homeboys oil pen at a wedding over the weekend. it was super discreet and looked like one of those blu ecigs . really smooth, i enjoyed it. makes me think about switching from flowers, but alas i have no connect.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #848 on: October 08, 2018, 05:38:41 PM »
i ripped my homeboys oil pen at a wedding over the weekend. it was super discreet and looked like one of those blu ecigs . really smooth, i enjoyed it. makes me think about switching from flowers, but alas i have no connect.

I use oil vape pens regularly, great for drives, public spots, even hit mine in the empty steam room at the gym a few times and you dont leave any noticeable smell.

I have a flower vape pen that costs $300 thats pretty dope for my flowers

Also in the rotation is a dab rig, i rarely use my bubbler or bong these days.  Ill usually roll a joint when i get drunk,

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #849 on: February 14, 2019, 08:43:41 AM »

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • Lexapro
« Reply #850 on: February 14, 2019, 10:23:02 AM »
i love pot but hate talking about pot
hopefully ty evans was there to film him laying on the ground in HD

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #851 on: February 14, 2019, 10:40:17 PM »
i love pot but hate talking about pot

Wanna talk about it?

Smoking purple cream tonight. Very nice smoke
Gentleman ninja warlock

ChrisLambe94

« Reply #852 on: February 16, 2019, 12:36:46 PM »
So many pretty buds. You do not see that in the Atlantic Maritimes Canada. I love the smell of weed but I don't smoke. If I did I'll be having a Larry David moment ,existential crisis hiding in the bathroom lol
https://youtu.be/t3lwPd-GGn4

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1090
« Reply #853 on: February 16, 2019, 03:53:38 PM »
my babies:

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #854 on: February 16, 2019, 10:01:51 PM »
my babies:

What did you clone? Looks nice btw
Gentleman ninja warlock

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #855 on: February 16, 2019, 11:49:45 PM »
Expand Quote
my babies:

[close]

Thanks, I appreciate that. One is a Gelato 33 and the other 2 are SPR Haze. It's my first grow ever and I'm going to grow some Forgotten Cookies autoflowers next. Best hobby ever.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #856 on: February 16, 2019, 11:59:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
my babies:

[close]

[close]

Thanks, I appreciate that. One is a Gelato 33 and the other 2 are SPR Haze. It's my first grow ever and I'm going to grow some Forgotten Cookies autoflowers next. Best hobby ever.

Nice!

And yes, your addicted now.

Gentleman ninja warlock

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #857 on: February 17, 2019, 12:11:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
my babies:

[close]

[close]

[close]

Nice!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRdltS_WAh4&list=FLAHijLgEzWhv7siFKpxFnpQ&index=11&t=

This video perfectly describes how it feels to begin horticulture in general. I'm def addicted now.

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #858 on: February 17, 2019, 02:17:31 PM »

Thankfully I got my foot in the door and get this shit for free now

Go on...

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #859 on: February 17, 2019, 04:10:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
my babies:

[close]

[close]

[close]

Nice!

[close]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRdltS_WAh4&list=FLAHijLgEzWhv7siFKpxFnpQ&index=11&t=

This video perfectly describes how it feels to begin horticulture in general. I'm def addicted now.

Good lil video and I've seen it alot as well. My grow us fairly big for personal use so it does take time, but now it's so dialed, I'm in their mainly to chill, which is nice. When I first started it was all encompassing,  but that changed quick when I removed all variables I could and learned through research and practical application.

Now I'm on auto pilot with around 60-70 plants.

Now your next addiction is chasing the best medicine. And that means all sorts of processes, like feco/rso, hash making etc, and also seed building aaaaaaand eventually breeding.

That's where I'm at now, and its fuckin frustrating at times but so fuckin worth it.

Gentleman ninja warlock

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #860 on: February 17, 2019, 04:27:49 PM »
Expand Quote

Thankfully I got my foot in the door and get this shit for free now

[close]

Go on...

Free CBD?

Well in a consultant for numerous companies and do formulations. So alot of companies abviously pay me to do my thing, but I go through alot of beta testing so i have shitloads of products and it just builds and builds.

Aaaaaaand now i grow high cbd flowers as well, and breed. So alot of my favorite strains are slowly being introduced to various CBD/CBG/CBN type plants etc.

Making your own is always the best source IMO, but if ya cant ya cant.

Hit my dms if ya ever wanna do beta testing and I'll get back to ya. Beta testing is great way to score free medicines that are alot more progressive.

And God, looking back on my posts is cringeworthy. It's amazing how far I've come in a short time.
Gentleman ninja warlock

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #861 on: February 17, 2019, 05:02:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
my babies:

[close]

[close]

[close]

Nice!

[close]

[close]

Good lil video and I've seen it alot as well. My grow us fairly big for personal use so it does take time, but now it's so dialed, I'm in their mainly to chill, which is nice. When I first started it was all encompassing,  but that changed quick when I removed all variables I could and learned through research and practical application.

Now your next addiction is chasing the best medicine. And that means all sorts of processes, like feco/rso, hash making etc, and also seed building aaaaaaand eventually breeding.

That's where I'm at now, and its fuckin frustrating at times but so fuckin worth it.

Interesting, how long did it take for you to feel comfortable getting everything dialed in? Do you still experiment with different growing methods? 60-70 plants is quite a grow. Breeding is so interesting to me but its way past my comfort point. Wanna get the actual growing portion of the process to the best of my abilities. You grow any autoflowers by any chance?

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #862 on: February 17, 2019, 05:38:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
my babies:

[close]

[close]

[close]

Nice!

[close]

[close]

[close]

Interesting, how long did it take for you to feel comfortable getting everything dialed in? Do you still experiment with different growing methods? 60-70 plants is quite a grow. Breeding is so interesting to me but its way past my comfort point. Wanna get the actual growing portion of the process to the best of my abilities. You grow any autoflowers by any chance?

Oh I found my method quick because I had a backround in farming as a kid and u had alot of professional experience in organic chemistry.  So my first few grows were very wild, but I eliminated all the bullshit. I run living soil, river water and cal/mag, that's it.

70 plants is just personal stuff too. I'm about to breed to seed, so I'll be upwards of 300 here quick to pheno hunt etc.

By years end I hope to have brought alot of strains to seed, but also bred about 6 strains to f2. But that's alot of fuckin work so who knows? I'll probably end up with 20 strains at f1 stage. So if ya need seeds I can hook ya up because I wont ever sell f1s.

I've grown autoflowers, and they have their place. Just not in my garden. If I had limited space/time, I'd run the fuck outta auto flowers or even run regs on a 12/12 from birth to stunt them
Gentleman ninja warlock

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #863 on: February 17, 2019, 08:12:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
my babies:

[close]

[close]

[close]

Nice!

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Oh I found my method quick because I had a backround in farming as a kid and u had alot of professional experience in organic chemistry.  So my first few grows were very wild, but I eliminated all the bullshit. I run living soil, river water and cal/mag, that's it.

70 plants is just personal stuff too. I'm about to breed to seed, so I'll be upwards of 300 here quick to pheno hunt etc.

By years end I hope to have brought alot of strains to seed, but also bred about 6 strains to f2. But that's alot of fuckin work so who knows? I'll probably end up with 20 strains at f1 stage. So if ya need seeds I can hook ya up because I wont ever sell f1s.

I've grown autoflowers, and they have their place. Just not in my garden. If I had limited space/time, I'd run the fuck outta auto flowers or even run regs on a 12/12 from birth to stunt them

That's rad that you can only use that and get good results. What are you breeding to pheno hunt? If you find something great then I'm interested! Name it after Slap. Slap gets a strain, could you imagine.  I would love some seeds but don't know what f1 stands for. Flower 1? And yeah, I have limited space so auto's are my best bet. Which it will be more than enough for me when harvest comes around.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #864 on: February 17, 2019, 08:46:38 PM »
I'm currently prepping to breed alot of hype strains with CBD strains,  like wedding cake, GMO, purple soda breath, oaxacan, a rare cut of GDP, herijuana,  black domina the list is endless.

I dont care much for the cali hype strains for my own meds though. So I grow mainly heavy indicas.

F1 is basically the first offspring of whatever you breed, so its unstable sometimes and can have many many different phenos.  So you grow them, select whatever plants have the desired traits, then those get used to breed again. Its along process but it's very dependant an the strains. Proper breeders also stress test the fuck outta the f1 phenos to make sure you have a quality seed to begin with. But f1s are worthless. If you charge for f1s your an asshole. As you breed again and again it's just basically f1(generation 1), f2 (generation 2) and so on and so forth. You can def sell f2s but I prefer to work work work and get to f4 so you have very good quality, good resilience and will grow very well and predictable. 

Breeding is alot of fuckin work, and requires alot of knowledge and space. But its worth it for those that need quality meds.

That being said, many older strains are fine untouched. Like say northern lights, or SFV Og, although they to get bred into other strains, the originals are fantastic

But cannabis is crazy. You can make whatever the fuck you want if ya want to.

And I already have unreleased strains bred to f1s and f2s, so if SLAP wants it's own strain, name it and I'll take donations to send it out!

Start picking names lol
Gentleman ninja warlock

slobplant

• Rep: -12
« Reply #865 on: February 19, 2019, 09:21:42 AM »
I'm currently prepping to breed alot of hype strains with CBD strains,  like wedding cake, GMO, purple soda breath, oaxacan, a rare cut of GDP, herijuana,  black domina the list is endless.

I dont care much for the cali hype strains for my own meds though. So I grow mainly heavy indicas.

F1 is basically the first offspring of whatever you breed, so its unstable sometimes and can have many many different phenos.  So you grow them, select whatever plants have the desired traits, then those get used to breed again. Its along process but it's very dependant an the strains. Proper breeders also stress test the fuck outta the f1 phenos to make sure you have a quality seed to begin with. But f1s are worthless. If you charge for f1s your an asshole. As you breed again and again it's just basically f1(generation 1), f2 (generation 2) and so on and so forth. You can def sell f2s but I prefer to work work work and get to f4 so you have very good quality, good resilience and will grow very well and predictable. 

Breeding is alot of fuckin work, and requires alot of knowledge and space. But its worth it for those that need quality meds.

That being said, many older strains are fine untouched. Like say northern lights, or SFV Og, although they to get bred into other strains, the originals are fantastic

And I already have unreleased strains bred to f1s and f2s, so if SLAP wants it's own strain, name it and I'll take donations to send it out!

Start picking names lol

shalom kush

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #866 on: February 19, 2019, 09:33:01 AM »
Seems appropriate

I also have an unnamed heavy indicas we could call gino's kush???
Gentleman ninja warlock

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #867 on: February 19, 2019, 11:47:30 AM »
Expand Quote

Start picking names lol
[close]

shalom kush

Im currently smoking Kosher Cream  ;)

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #868 on: February 19, 2019, 11:48:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Start picking names lol
[close]

shalom kush
[close]

Im currently smoking Kosher Cream  ;)

And kosher kush for me lol
Gentleman ninja warlock

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #869 on: February 19, 2019, 07:44:57 PM »
Seems appropriate

I also have an unnamed heavy indicas we could call gino's kush???

That's the best name for a strain ever. Run with this, please. I'll gladly grow some Gino's Kush lol.