Author Topic: Shoes for carcass hucking?  (Read 4029 times)

Keirabug

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -20
Shoes for carcass hucking?
« on: August 21, 2010, 10:58:56 PM »
I've been skating bigger sets lately and I got a fat heel bruise after a couple bails. I was even wearing cupsoles at the time. I'm not skating a baby 10 either btw but a legit wide 10. I was wondering what good thick durable cupsoles I should get. Or do I just need to double up on the insoles?

Glitch

• Rep: 21
Re: Shoes for carcass hucking?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 11:11:22 PM »
This video has already been posted before, but this material comes standard on some Gravis models. The Poron website has an order form for free samples, but the last time I checked, it wasn't working. Hope this helps: Gravis' Poron sole

BFKskateboards

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 11:17:40 PM »
i get heel bruises from skating flat. it just depends how you bail. i guess just commit on the first couple of goes but dont land primo.

Cold Pizza

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 11:59:50 PM »

Get some.

Keirabug

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 01:39:28 AM »
This video has already been posted before, but this material comes standard on some Gravis models. The Poron website has an order form for free samples, but the last time I checked, it wasn't working. Hope this helps: Gravis' Poron sole

I definitely need to try out some gravis with poron. I remember seeing something on tv a while back about some shock absorbing thing it totally reminds me of that poron stuff.

Keirabug

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 01:39:51 AM »

Get some.

I rather have heel bruises.

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2010, 09:39:05 PM »

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2010, 09:46:34 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2010, 11:37:37 PM »

here you go buddy.

Keirabug

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2010, 01:41:25 PM »
I'm actually lookin to get some Emerica Bosses. Just for stairs. I'll skate vulcs and thin cupsoles for flat and small sets. Although I'm not too stoked on Zoom tres look I've heard a ton of good things about them. I don't ever pay retail for any of my shoes though so I'll probably never get a chance to skate them.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2010, 05:13:51 PM »
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2010, 08:50:51 PM »
The First heath shoe on emerica was crazy.  No boardfeel but I can't imagine getting a heel bruise in those damn things.  I would go with a company that has money to spend on Research and development (nike, dc, gravis) etc. Experiement with your shoes and especially with your sexuality.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

El Venado Zombi

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2010, 09:33:58 PM »
I keep hearing good things about the TNT II Mid Cups, and then an equal amount of shitty things. So, I'm undecided as to whether I want to get a pair or not.

I can back these up, though:

There was a black/black colorway, if you're like the majority of the people. Either way, check your shop for a pair of those or the No Skool 2. They feel lightweight, despite the padding. They have amazing board feel (which is normal for any pair of Vans). The only time I fucked my foot in a pair was when I rolled it (which only happened once) or when I chipped one of my toenails (which was my fault for not landing properly.)

I also liked the Lucas 2 and heard good things about Braydon's shoes. By the way, what shoe were you wearing when you fucked up your foot?

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2010, 11:20:13 PM »
The First heath shoe on emerica was crazy.  No boardfeel but I can't imagine getting a heel bruise in those damn things.  I would go with a company that has money to spend on Research and development (nike, dc, gravis) etc. Experiement with your shoes and especially with your sexuality.
loved the og kircharts... toebags ftw lol

Keirabug

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2010, 02:26:34 PM »
By the way, what shoe were you wearing when you fucked up your foot?

I was skating in Adidas Gazelles. My left heel was still recovering from a heel bruise that I forgot about. Like the smart guy I am I decided to jump down a big 10. Next time I'm going double up on insoles though. You only get a couple tries jumping off stairs that big I need to make the best of it. Anyway I'm currently bidding on some Bosses on ebay.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2010, 02:32:45 PM »
i tend to get hurt more often jumping off stairs when i have fatter shoes on. its because with those types of shoes im not as comfortable with my tricks so i tend to kick out more; ending with me jumping even more. thinner shoes get me to committ more because the tricks come a little easier.

yeahisaidit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2010, 02:50:21 PM »
I keep hearing good things about the TNT II Mid Cups, and then an equal amount of shitty things. So, I'm undecided as to whether I want to get a pair or not.

I can back these up, though:

There was a black/black colorway, if you're like the majority of the people. Either way, check your shop for a pair of those or the No Skool 2. They feel lightweight, despite the padding. They have amazing board feel (which is normal for any pair of Vans). The only time I fucked my foot in a pair was when I rolled it (which only happened once) or when I chipped one of my toenails (which was my fault for not landing properly.)

I also liked the Lucas 2 and heard good things about Braydon's shoes. By the way, what shoe were you wearing when you fucked up your foot?

I was trippin on that photo until i realized it was a poster

El Venado Zombi

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2010, 04:29:16 PM »
I think that was Robin Fleming's example for a Vans contest. For some reason, I couldn't find the actual ad, and didn't feel like scanning it onto my laptop.

Anyway, I forgot to mention Reynold 3s. I'm pretty sure that they have some heel protection technology, even though they're vulcs.

jojo_fosho

• Rep: -2
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2010, 04:46:07 PM »
I think that was Robin Fleming's example for a Vans contest. For some reason, I couldn't find the actual ad, and didn't feel like scanning it onto my laptop.

Anyway, I forgot to mention Reynold 3s. I'm pretty sure that they have some heel protection technology, even though they're vulcs.
For vulcs, Reynolds 3s are pretty much the best mix of board feel type thin shoes, and having good protection
If I could, I would skate that shoe for the rest of my life.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2010, 12:23:51 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
For vulcs, Reynolds 3s are pretty much the best mix of board feel type thin shoes, and having good protection

I agree. Those shoes are amazing. I've had like 10 pairs of them. That whole series of shoes that was released at that time. The Leo's and Hsu's were great too.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2010, 07:30:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
I agree. Those shoes are amazing. I've had like 10 pairs of them. That whole series of shoes that was released at that time. The Leo's and Hsu's were great too.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2010, 06:54:54 PM »
but man have you guys had emericas lately? they fucking suck now. i really loved Tosh's model, and the ellingtons, but i defintely had a few reynolds 2 or 3. they just looked really awesome too, i had a blue on black colour way that was really DL, and i had a black on white one that was pretty cool looking too.

i swear to god as soon as they put pj ladd on es (it has nothing to do with him being on it) that entire trifecta of sole technologies shit the proverbial bed. and then ipath hit the shitter shortly after.

anyway back to the point id say nowadays your best bet is a good pair of nikes. they seem to have the best soles out of every shoe thats out in my opinion, they just dont last too long in the ollie area compared to other shoes. lakais have pretty good soles too actually they seem to outlast the ollie area most of the time but they have been going a lot slimmer these days so id stick with the nikes.
ONTARIO CANADA

El Venado Zombi

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2010, 07:13:04 PM »
^I'm not sure if it was a couple years ago, but I thought you stopped buying "skateboarding shoes" after ipath. I had a pair of Reynold 3s a couple months back, and they still do it. I prefer something bulky though, if I can find it, like Ricky Oyola's Vox shoe.

ticklefingers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • middleweight lurker
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2010, 03:01:00 AM »

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2010, 11:47:36 AM »
^I'm not sure if it was a couple years ago, but I thought you stopped buying "skateboarding shoes" after ipath. I had a pair of Reynold 3s a couple months back, and they still do it. I prefer something bulky though, if I can find it, like Ricky Oyola's Vox shoe.

i actually bought a pair of nike SBs about a year ago, and i bought axions about a month ago, but i dont buy them regularly. i still look at them every now and then when im in the store.
ONTARIO CANADA

Euclid

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2010, 01:40:33 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

yes. best shoes ever.

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2010, 11:42:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

yes. best shoes ever.

fuck yes, getting a pair of em tomorro of a friend

shoes i thought were great for any kinda skating in ( and i know ill prob get hate for this but fuck they were good) are the Supra Muska Skytops.
they had this amazing gel insole thing which gave a great mix of board feel and cushoning for carcass tossing.
and they didnt fall apart anywhere near as quick as some emerica's ive had.
having said that, the andrew reynolds 1's were fucking brilliant with their mad rubber toe
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2010, 01:39:35 PM »
i always wanted a pair of supras, but id sure as hell never buy skytops, those things are like boots man. why wouldnt you just skate in timberlands for real, boulala used to do it
ONTARIO CANADA

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2010, 01:42:07 PM »
well i managed to get a pair for ?14 from tk maxx with a bit of label swappage and they turned out to actualy be great for skating in.
maybe consider getting the low cut version of em if you wanted to try them?
id recommend them to anyone for carcass tossing or just flatground etc
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

El Venado Zombi

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2010, 10:00:51 PM »
i always wanted a pair of supras, but id sure as hell never buy skytops, those things are like boots man. why wouldnt you just skate in timberlands for real, boulala used to do it
The sole is definitely different and the material is lighter. It's just not worth spending $100 every month or so. [I don't know how long they last.] Also, all the TJ Maxxs, I went to, only carry women's shoes. I never see good shit at Marshalls either.